Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
I kinda feel bad for you nib NA only collectors. You have no idea how nice and convenient it is to trade/buy loosies regardless of region. It makes Amiibo collecting so much more enjoyable

You mad, bro?
Not at all. It's just funny how I actually only see inventory reports in this thread every few pages, and within one or two minutes, qty is gone, and the shit storm starts. How dumb can Nintendo be? Every guy here complaining is missed revenue. If I ran a business of this nature, I would be on facebook or some other social media daily giving reports on qty's shipped, who's getting them, and when and where they may arrive. "N" seems hell bent to run the most ass backwards gaming company EVER.

I'm no business major, but I do very well on Ebay, and keep customers happy to the best of my abilities. Yes, "N" is a multi billion dollar company, but good business starts at the foundation, and "N" hasn't had a good foundation in decades.

I'm far from mad, I've said it before, and I'll say it again. For all the love I have had for Nintendo in the past, if they went out of business tomorrow, it wouldn't matter to me personally. Almost every great game or franchise they have ever had, has been bested at this point by other publishers, and even some indies at this point. And most of the new games they release are very lazy efforts that don't improve much of the past versions released. They are really just treading water at this point.

I find it very sad that so many "fans" actually want these figures, and can't actually get them due to their very poor business acumen.

Normally I'd be upset at missing an amiibo to sleep, but I had such a long day yesterday that I turned off my cellphone, amiibo alerts and all, and had sweet sweet slumber.  I wasn't even upset to see I missed her (probably because I already have one and just would be getting it for someone else who doesn't have internet access)... now if it was Villager I'd probably have had a different opinion ;)

I'm all for Wal-Mart putting shit up at 3 in the morning.  Most nights I'm up all night for my job and that means I actually have a slightly better shot at getting one with many people asleep.  Conversely when most other retailers put their stock up during the day I am asleep, so you guys can fight it out amongst yourselves then ;)

Yeah, I've been up at 3am (either still up or woke up) every "night" this week except last night in anticipation of Dark Pit going live, but obviously that wasn't going to happen last night haha.

I kinda feel bad for you nib NA only collectors. You have no idea how nice and convenient it is to trade/buy loosies regardless of region. It makes Amiibo collecting so much more enjoyable
Some of us like the challenge.

Not me though, I gave up. Now I only background hunt. I'm happy with my collection of NIB prisoners.

Yeah, I've been up at 3am (either still up or woke up) every "night" this week except last night in anticipation of Dark Pit going live, but obviously that wasn't going to happen last night haha.
Buy a regular pit and paint the wings/clothes black?

Not at all. It's just funny how I actually only see inventory reports in this thread every few pages, and within one or two minutes, qty is gone, and the shit storm starts. How dumb can Nintendo be? Every guy here complaining is missed revenue. If I ran a business of this nature, I would be on facebook or some other social media daily giving reports on qty's shipped, who's getting them, and when and where they may arrive. "N" seems hell bent to run the most ass backwards gaming company EVER.

I'm no business major, but I do very well on Ebay, and keep customers happy to the best of my abilities. Yes, "N" is a multi billion dollar company, but good business starts at the foundation, and "N" hasn't had a good foundation in decades.

I'm far from mad, I've said it before, and I'll say it again. For all the love I have had for Nintendo in the past, if they went out of business tomorrow, it wouldn't matter to me personally. Almost every great game or franchise they have ever had, has been bested at this point by other publishers, and even some indies at this point. And most of the new games they release are very lazy efforts that don't improve much of the past versions released. They are really just treading water at this point.

I find it very sad that so many "fans" actually want these figures, and can't actually get them due to their very poor business acumen.
So Nintendo should overstock these like all the Disney Infinity figures retailers are stuck with? FANTASTIC IDEA BRO!

Retailers love having overstock and companies love getting mass returns of unsold figures they can't do anything with.

Seems you're just mad you can't get a toy.

Don't have to worry about crushed boxes from UPS/USPS or the Best Buy warehouse. Won't need to issue refunds or credits for crushed boxes or incorrect stock numbers...
AKA "Why is the box of a toy I'm supposed to play with dinged? What am I supposed to do, open it and play with it?".

I find it sad that most of these people are depriving kids of actually being able to play with these things instead of just keeping them in boxes.

I find it sad that most of these people are depriving kids of actually being able to play with these things instead of just keeping them in boxes.
"Kids" don't want to play as WFT or any of these minor, niche characters. That's why Nintendo does not make 1 million them of weekly but instead chooses to have popular characters be on the pegs.

Something I can agree with.

Garner BestBuy has 3 Sonics. The Clayton Walmart at 40/42 has 1 Sonic. Otherwise it's just Pikachu and co. and SMB line. Oh, and Clayton Gamestop at 40/42 has a wall full o' Diddys. He said they were finally able to get them out of the back. I wonder if GS is taking some commons and opening them up during the sale to free shelf space.

"Kids" don't want to play as WFT or any of these minor, niche characters. That's why Nintendo does not make 1 million them of weekly but instead chooses to have popular characters be on the pegs.
Tell that to my GF's kid that wanted one since he liked her in Smash.

The pretentious snobbery of open box collectors never ceases to amaze me.
The pretentious snobbery of "collectors" who need everything to be mint and have multiple copies never ceases to amaze me.

Ya know, the ones who steal them from kids hands and complain about scalpers (because they need 3 of every toy)

So Nintendo should overstock these like all the Disney Infinity figures retailers are stuck with? FANTASTIC IDEA BRO!

Retailers love having overstock and companies love getting mass returns of unsold figures they can't do anything with.

Quit being a smartass. You know as well as the rest of us there is a happy medium these companies should be trying to reach. Most other regions seem to have that down pat.

Also quit dictating what kids do and don't want to play. My nephew loves Wii Fit Trainer a lot more than the generic feeling swordsmen like Ike and Roy, and he finds WFT more recognizable than Pikmin lol.

Last edited:
Apparently japan just announced series 2 of the Amiibo cards.  Does this mean another 100 cards or did they split the original 100 into multiple series?

A comeback you can readily apply to your own argument...

Apparently japan just announced series 2 of the Amiibo cards. Does this mean another 100 cards or did they split the original 100 into multiple series?
Did you mean Vol. 2? It's up on AmiAmi with Vol 1. Both have been sold out and have come back in stock multiple times there in the last week or so. I'm not sure how great a measure of popularity that is at this point. Or does Series 2 contain Vol. 3 and 4?

You know how stupid you sound? Based on your logic, there should be no item "in stock" for anything? Why do car dealerships have hundreds of cars on the lot? Why are there hundreds of TV's in Walmart or Amazon at any given time? Why are there hundreds of games in the electronic department that may not sale for weeks or months at a time? Why is there more milk and eggs in the grocery store than can be bought before they go bad?

It's all to meet demand. EVERYTHING goes back at some point, or is sold at a loss to make room for new products. It's all part of doing business. A well run business sees what's selling, and what's not, and reorders accordingly. Due to "N" poor business model, that is not possible, as they have no way to fill re-orders in a timely manner.

Based on your twisted mentality,why should "N" even have Wii U's or 3DS' sitting on store shelves taking up space, when they may not sale any for days, or weeks at a time.

And if you have read any of my post, you'll see I don't even collect this crap. I've bought a few for my son, and that's it. I could care less if "N" sales none of these. It just sucks for the fans who have been keeping these clowns afloat over the years, and the ones who want these products the most are the ones who can't get them, and "N" could care less. I don't care either, don't mistake my disdain for "N" as some inner want for Amiibos, you couldn't be more wrong.

What's with all the arguing and mean comments? Agree to disagree and move on.
We gotta occupy ourselves somehow until the next rare amiibo flashes online. You can't leave this thread for a second if you are serious about catching 'em all.

Sometimes it doesn't even make this thread before its sold out.  I'm just here for the friendly and supportive atmosphere ;)

1921757303_sandy51_internet_hug_jpg_2_500.jpeg

Edit: Also, that spelling error is making me cringe... argh!

I appreciate everyone throwing temper tantrums.. but I was hoping someone had an answer to my question from before:

Is Palutena getting the release July 31 too? If so, then waiting outside BBY ain't so bad.

On that note, Gengar should be a playable Smash character. I want a Gengar amiibo. In addition to another hundred or so Pokemon...

Haha I just looked up series 2 animal crossing and found the GBA era e-reader set announcement.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/animal-crossing-series-2-cards-now-available/1100-2909334/
I quit paying attention to Pokemon after the GC/GBA era but I always thought Medicham would be a great fit for SSB. Or Tyranitar. Frankly I wouldn't mind an entire game like SSB centered around the first few gens of Pokemon.

Aside from Mewtwo I have been dissapointed in the DLC characters, if they can't bring Ice Climbers back because of the 3DS version then I wish they'd give us Squirtle and Ivysaur back. Those would make some cool amiibos.

a good amount probably will outgrow them and not even take good care of them. most likely scenario parents will toss them down the line

a good amount probably will outgrow them and not even take good care of them. most likely scenario parents will toss them down the line
And I thought the gamer dumpster diving videos were bad before......

Everything has come full circle. Nintendo is getting people back to purchasing Pokemon cards again. Great job, Nintendo.
People never stopped you grew out of the age range. I still see new Pokemon cards in the schools and kids begging their parents to buy them a packet. For what it's worth I hate to hear when one of the kids I work with tell me they can't find Jigglypuff or Mega Man ... but hey I got them! :whistle2: :D/

I start my new job on Monday that will prevent me from being able to camp out. Went ahead and ordered Dark Pit for $23 after shipping and I had still $5 on my Amazon account so came out to $17.97 and expected delivery is July 31st so I can live with that. Prime Palutena is going for $22.50 so I'll probably do that as well. Smash Amiibo need to end so I can back away slowly from these things lol

I start my new job on Monday that will prevent me from being able to camp out. Went ahead and ordered Dark Pit for $23 after shipping and I had still $5 on my Amazon account so came out to $17.97 and expected delivery is July 31st so I can live with that. Prime Palutena is going for $22.50 so I'll probably do that as well. Smash Amiibo need to end so I can back away slowly from these things lol
The day before Best Buy announced their rights to Dark Pit, he was around $22 w/ Prime, (JP imports from US Sellers). Now everyone is freaking out and now its at $27 W/ Prime.

It should not take a whole month for it to come from Japan, usually it is around 1-2 weeks max. However, be prepared for a possible poor packaging. I received a Charizard (Lizardon) from there with the entire right corner bent. I open mine, so it isn't a crazy issue. But I open the bottom of my boxes with a box cutter to keep them nice and pretty, plus I can play with my amiibo :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back