Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
Where did the 9th street date come from anyway? Unless it was an official release of some kind, they probably won't care.
According to some gamestop employees the street date was in an official memo. Employees were instructed not to sell until the 9th, a warning is meant to pop up when they try to sell them, and to post a sign up the night before to let people know what they have.
Some employees don't care I guess. Just sucks for us.

Got my order from Amazon.it yesterday. Two boxes completely toast, one pretty rough and one passable. Nesting these is so easy, somehow shippers can't quite grasp that idea and insist on folding these.

Ganon is awesome, but his fingers are terrible. Whoever designed his hand must have done Palutena's as well.

According to @amiibonews, the NFC reader for 3ds is up for preorder on Target... I'm waiting for Amazon though.

Check out @AmiiboNews's Tweet: https://twitter.com/AmiiboNews/status/618566086015995904?s=09

If anyone wants that Amiibo reader for the old 3ds you should probably preorder it from somewhere just to be safe. Odds are it will end up like the game cube adapter because well... Nintendo.

If anyone wants that Amiibo reader for the old 3ds you should probably preorder it from somewhere just to be safe. Odds are it will end up like the game cube adapted because well... Nintendo.
Totally agree. I already pre-ordered one. Highly doubt these will be in great supply.

Got my order from Amazon.it yesterday. Two boxes completely toast, one pretty rough and one passable. Nesting these is so easy, somehow shippers can't quite grasp that idea and insist on folding these.

Ganon is awesome, but his fingers are terrible. Whoever designed his hand must have done Palutena's as well.
You must have some packer that has it out for you. mine came stacked but they still managed to ding the corner of my Ganon. Darn amazon.it!

Does Target charge you now? I'm considering getting one but I'm considering upgrading my 3DS. This could become a cool niche accessory collectable one day though.
Probably depends on your type of payment. I use a Target Visa and I don't get charged until something ships. Paypal, you'd get charged up front. Most other forms of card payment should just keep checking with holding charges on your card until it ships.

If you don't have a Target visa you should definitely get one. Free shipping and 5% off everything.

Don't need the reader but def buying the game bundle since there's rumors of Isabelle being exclusive to it. So may end up with one anyways

Side note: is your avatar the Conan nendoroid?
I don't need it either, I just want it heh (partially for my XL, partially for collectibility of another neat peripheral, but mostly because I like bundles lol).
The reader is going to be bundled with AC Happy Home Designer though, the Isabelle amiibo (along with Digby and some cards) will be bundled with AC Amiibo Festival.

I don't think it's an actual nendroid but, the style is very similiar. It's from a 15 piece set of Detective Conan figures (part of a series of sets for animes known as "Anime Heroes"). It happens to be my favorite DC figure.
40fc933215f62f953a323cca755dd98a.jpg

I don't need it either, I just want it heh (partially for my XL, partially for collectibility of another neat peripheral, but mostly because I like bundles lol).
The reader is going to be bundled with AC Happy Home Designer though, the Isabelle amiibo (along with Digby and some cards) will be bundled with AC Amiibo Festival.

I don't think it's an actual nendroid but, the style is very similiar. It's from a 15 piece set of Detective Conan figures (part of a series of sets for animes known as "Anime Heroes"). It happens to be my favorite DC figure.
40fc933215f62f953a323cca755dd98a.jpg
Ah thanks for the clarification. Guess we will both be buying those bundles. Don't doubt the cards bundled with hh are going to be exclusive.

Also wow those dc figures are niiiice!

The Isabelle amiibo (along with Digby and some cards) will be bundled with AC Amiibo Festival.
Curious where this info is coming from considering it was stated by Nintendo through a tweet that the game came with Isabelle and three amiibo cards.

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/615912712686698499

went to pick up WFT at walmart. there was a lady who was in front of me that got extremely pissed because she was trying to pick up her fridge but selected the wrong store to pick up. granted, there are two walmarts located on the same street but 20 minutes apart and listed as the same city, so it's hard to differentiate. she started screaming at the associate who handled the in store pick up. she said she was mostly pissed because they made her wait 10 minutes and that she knows she always has her in store set up specifically to this store, which might not be true cause i know sometimes walmart's site can be wacky, that's why i always double check with the store pick up selection. felt bad for the associate though. 

I would think everyone would be excited, discussing where and when all the different restocks are happening.  Or posting pictures and stories about all of their recently imported amiibos. 

I wonder what happened to all those posters from jan.-mar.  saying how happy they'd be when production catches up to meet demand, where everyone is able to buy the amiibos that they want.  Funny how so many people don't care about amiibos now, at the same time prices have crashed.

Ah thanks for the clarification. Guess we will both be buying those bundles. Don't doubt the cards bundled with hh are going to be exclusive.

Also wow those dc figures are niiiice!
Definitely! I also expect the cards to be exclusive. Wouldn't put that past Nintendo.

Hope to collect them someday. :)

Curious where this info is coming from considering it was stated by Nintendo through a tweet that the game came with Isabelle and three amiibo cards.
I'm aware of that tweet, but considering there are quite a few other sources (one of which is from another nintendo employee) that contradict it I'm inclined to believe Digby will be included as first announced at E3 during treehouse live.
The rest of the sources are debatable.
And finally when I went to nintendo world during e3 I asked what the bundle would come with, and I was told two amiibo and some cards (no specifics). The guy I asked could be wrong of course, he's just a lowly employee after all. Either way, I'll be getting the bundle.

Not sure why the contradiction exists at all tbh. Maybe only NA will be denied two. That's certainly possible.

How much is shipping? Does prime make it free? Lol probably not
No unfortunately prime doesn't work, it was $14.78 Euro for shipping on 2 figures. Makes it about $45 us shipped so not worth it. if I could order all 5 i would have

Because it was only $17 Euro for shipping I think when I ordered zss, Ganon, Paula, and dark pit from Italy

^^^ probably how auto correct does it or people to lazy to spell P-A-L-U-T-E-N-A...................Someone call Gwen Stefani

I was wrong. Scalper activity is still alive and well in the triangle. While I was returning my full-motion wall mount (I need a darn Sony VESA wall mount adapter before I can even attach a wall mount! ARGH!) one guy bought all 3 of the restock WFT amiibo that the Garner, NC Best Buy had shortly after 10 am. Sorry guys. :(

There is still a Sonic there if anyone needs him.

Oh and heads up: the GameStop in WhiteOak there had a sign on the door in hasty scrawl that said all computers were down, so they'd be closed until they could fix their registers and process transactions again. That was at 10:30 though, so maybe they've fixed them by now. If you need to make a stop, I'd give them a call first. Or just go down to the one in Clayton at 40/42--those guys rock!

Now to see any CAG can hook me up with this ridiculous Sony wall mount adapter. Now I wish I'd gone with the KDL55800B, instead of the 50" model grrrrrrr

I was wrong. Scalper activity is still alive and well in the triangle. While I was returning my full-motion wall mount (I need a darn Sony VESA wall mount adapter before I can even attach a wall mount! ARG!) one guy bought all 3 of the restock WFT amiibo that the Garner, NC Best Buy had shortly after 10 am. Sorry guys. :(

Oh and heads up: the GameStop in WhiteOak there had a sign on the door in hasty scrawl that said all computers were down, so they'd be closed until they could fix their registers and process transactions again. That was at 10:30 though, so maybe they've fixed them by now. If you need to make a stop, I'd give them a call first. Or just go down to the one in Clayton at 40/42--those guys rock!

Sad to hear that... Good to hear more stores in the Triangle got WFT at Best Buy since I was under the impression that only the Cary location got any. Have you contacted any local Gamestops in the Triangle about the Ness restock?? Wondering if any stores are selling them yet since there are reports of stores selling them before tommorrow

I'm going to assume the European Amazons have simlar shipping rates. Shulk on .de came out to a little over $30 after shipping.  Judging by prices another CAG mentioned, it's probably only worth it if getting 3+ amiibo or 2 that you would have dropped $20-$25 on from a 3rd party Amazon seller

I was wrong. Scalper activity is still alive and well in the triangle. While I was returning my full-motion wall mount (I need a darn Sony VESA wall mount adapter before I can even attach a wall mount! ARGH!) one guy bought all 3 of the restock WFT amiibo that the Garner, NC Best Buy had shortly after 10 am. Sorry guys. :(

Now to see any CAG can hook me up with this ridiculous Sony wall mount adapter. Now I wish I'd gone with the KDL55800B, instead of the 50" model grrrrrrr
http://www.abt.com/product/78821/Sony-448584401.html

I was able to get a Ness today at the Game Stop in South Lyon, MI, they might still have one left but there was someone else in the store looking at the Amigos too. I called around and most stores around here said they would have them tomorrow and would be posting their availability on the window after close. 

I ordered Mii Swordfighter, Mii Brawler, Mii Gunner, R.O.B,  Duck Hunt,  Mr. Game & Watch from Amazon germany. I used a forwarding address and will change to my US address later. :D

Thanks for the link. Yeah, I was afraid I wouldn't find it any cheaper than abt or sony. There was next to nothing on ebay. I'm gonna keep looking, or just hang with the weird hooks and bar setup it came with. Other than the mounting situation, I can't complain--this TV is perfect for the price.

I haven't called Garner GS, and I was trying to walk in and ask while I was in the area today lol. But as far as I know, the other GS are still holding the date. I called them last week though.

I'm sorry, but Sony is parting out wall mounts? Literally ANY OTHER BRAND would sell you it as one complete item. You would get the wall bracket and the hooks that attach to the tv itself (or whatever extra is needed for a full-motion mount). Sony really is in that "We're on top so we can do whatever we want" mindset... smh

Just like during the PS2 era, Sony will get too cocky and majorly fuck up again and need serious damage control like with the PS3 right at launch

Thanks for the link. Yeah, I was afraid I wouldn't find it any cheaper than abt or sony. There was next to nothing on ebay. I'm gonna keep looking, or just hang with the weird hooks and bar setup it came with. Other than the mounting situation, I can't complain--this TV is perfect for the price.

I haven't called Garner GS, and I was trying to walk in and ask while I was in the area today lol. But as far as I know, the other GS are still holding the date. I called them last week though.
I'm sure you've seen this, but maybe this has some info for you on whether you still want the adapter or not.

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-lcd-flat-panel-displays/1527210-kdl50w800b-sony-mounting.html

I'm sorry, but Sony is parting out wall mounts? Literally ANY OTHER BRAND would sell you it as one complete item. You would get the wall bracket and the hooks that attach to the tv itself (or whatever extra is needed for a full-motion mount). Sony really is in that "We're on top so we can do whatever we want" mindset... smh
My Vizio that I bought several years ago required an aftermarket VESA adapter as well, so I guess literally isn't so literal.

My Vizio that I bought several years ago required an aftermarket VESA adapter as well, so I guess literally isn't so literal.
lol. You bought Vizion. I'm amazed the thing didn't disintegrate into dust the second you opened the box

Seriously, a 2.6 second Amazon search will give you dozens of listing for complete full-motion mounts for $50 or less (depending on the size of tv you need it to accommodate). Anyone stupid enough to ride Sony's dick hard enough to pay $50 for just a portion of it when they can get the complete hardware is someone I don't want to ever know actually exists

I'm sure you've seen this, but maybe this has some info for you on whether you still want the adapter or not.

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-lcd-flat-panel-displays/1527210-kdl50w800b-sony-mounting.html
Not sure if that was a dig lol. But yes, I've read this thread. I keep going back and forth on just buying the extra spacers and longer screws at a hardware store. I'm not terribly experienced in this area, and I'd hate to accidentally drive a screw through my display. :/

It's probably just better to shell out the cash and go the route of a legit Sony adapter. Decisions. Decisions.

You know, the worst part of it is that the BestBuy employee told me "this is the wall mount we use to display our Sony KDL50800B." Why didn't I expect this? XD

Not sure if that was a dig lol. But yes, I've read this thread. I keep going back and forth on just buying the extra spacers and longer screws at a hardware store. I'm not terribly experienced in this area, and I'd hate to accidentally drive a screw through my display. :/

It's probably just better to shell out the cash and go the route of a legit Sony adapter. Decisions. Decisions.

You know, the worst part of it is that the BestBuy employee told me "this is the wall mount we use to display our Sony KDL50800B." Why didn't I expect this? XD
No dig at all. Based off the first page of that thread, it seemed like others went a different route without having to use the adapter. Didn't read through it enough to know what they had done/used. Figured if you read through, maybe they came up with another solution then forcing you to buy the adapter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back