Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
The hell I don't, I've tried them both as stated above and even wanted to like the XL better by buying one at one point. If you can't see the difference then that's great for you I suppose. I was hoping the new XL was better but sadly no. The original has spoiled me and I doubt there will be another 3ds with that nice quality of screens since people are ok with the inferior product they are now putting out simply because they don't know any better. Had I not had the best one I might be content with the XL but no way since I tend not to like sacrificing image quality no matter how big the screen is. It's a shame too because the buttons and Dpad feel much better to me on the New XL with that spongy feel like the nes and snes buttons.
You are right, I can't see these "issues" with the N3DS XL screen. But then again I've never been able to see what doesn't exist.

That's a huge box. The 8-bit Marios are larger than normal amiibos.
That's because the one pictured also comes with the WiiU system. The other one sans WiiU is what I'm hoping comes here since its everywhere else in the world apparently.

I'm surprised they don't make one of those SNES themed N3DSXLs. Man those would sell like hotcakes. I know it would get me to buy one even though I don't really care about owning a N3DS yet.

People were ravenous for those 20th anniversary Playstations. Too bad they didn't get the NES themed 3DSxl right. Sales from that are probably deterring Nintendo from making other retro versions like SNES.

and for the record, the Monster Hunter N3DSxl looks WAAAY nicer than the majroa's mask one if you've seen and used them both in person.
Yeah, but its not just that its SNES-modeled, its because it was a "limited edition" Ambassador version offered only to select individuals. If they did that over here or if they individually #'d the consoles like the 20th Anniversary PS4 you better believe they'd be sold out in minutes.

The only used amiibo I've ever seen at gamestop was a basic Mario Party Mario. Why waste your time even checking Gamestop for used amiibos when everyone hordes them and would never dream of trading it in.
Oh realllllllly. I believe I posted a pic of the Pit and DeDeDe open box i got the day before the Ness/DeDeDe restock.

I'm surprised they don't make one of those SNES themed N3DSXLs. Man those would sell like hotcakes. I know it would get me to buy one even though I don't really care about owning a N3DS yet.

People were ravenous for those 20th anniversary Playstations. Too bad they didn't get the NES themed 3DSxl right. Sales from that are probably deterring Nintendo from making other retro versions like SNES.

and for the record, the Monster Hunter N3DSxl looks WAAAY nicer than the majroa's mask one if you've seen and used them both in person.
Completely agree.

You are right, I can't see these "issues" with the N3DS XL screen. But then again I've never been able to see what doesn't exist.
It's obvious ps2emotions tried the new xl with the tn display and not one with an ips. You probably have the ips panel in yours, as do I, and it looks very nice!

So I stopped and check on my local gamestops in Brentwood, CA (two 1 mile from my home, lucky me) and they weren't breaking street date. Stated they got 10 of each, but approximately half the shipment was for preorder fulfillment. However, he let me know some amiibro just gave up on collecting and so I scored these two preowned amiibos.

2u9pjsx.jpg
Yup. This.

It's obvious ps2emotions tried the new xl with the tn display and not one with an ips. You probably have the ips panel in yours, as do I, and it looks very nice!
I just researched this, I guess Nintendo really was sleazy enough to use two different screen types on the same system with absolutely no warning or no way to differentiate them prior to purchase. Wish I could say I was surprised..... but frankly they seem to be pulling shit like this more and more.

I'd never heard of this issue before now, but I know if my screen had been more washed out than the demo unit I tried I'd have been royally pissed.

All that said, he claims to have compared the New 3DS XL to a launch 3DS, and from what I'm reading the launch 3DS has a TN display too, so it still shouldn't be worse.

Last edited:
Ok, I can see that I'm going to have to take some pictures so you can see them side by side & then tell me the difference don't exist. I'll have to wait until my niece visits again & has her new 3ds xl. I can see one being ok with the difference but not admitting to it seems like a fanboy issue to me. There's no denying it exists if you've ever held both of them side by side & compared.

Ok, I can see that I'm going to have to take some pictures so you can see them side by side & then tell me the difference don't exist. I'll have to wait until my niece visits again & has her new 3ds xl. I can see one being ok with the difference but not admitting to it seems like a fanboy issue to me. There's no denying it exists if you've ever held both of them side by side & compared.
Literally one post above this one champ. The one posted 30 minutes before you wrote this.

I just want the amiibo limited edition bundle (already have the Wii U) but sadly nintendo once again will probably leave the U.S. out of getting it because they seem totally stupid when it comes to marketing anything these days.
I'm with you there, but since we're getting the chibi Robo and yarn yoshi bundle I'm sure we'll get the Mario Maker one.

So, I know Amazon is a huge retailer with great servers and IT people and what not, but I can imagine 30,000+ people trying to buy the same product at exactly the same time could lead to some serious hiccups.  I'm not overly confident I'll be able to secure a Palutena at 5pm Eastern Time.

So, I know Amazon is a huge retailer with great servers and IT people and what not, but I can imagine 30,000+ people trying to buy the same product at exactly the same time could lead to some serious hiccups. I'm not overly confident I'll be able to secure a Palutena at 5pm Eastern Time.
They already announced a date/time?

I signed up for the notification emails and haven't gotten anything...

They already announced a date/time?

I signed up for the notification emails and haven't gotten anything...
Yeah, where have you been? :) It's 2pm PST/5 pm EST. Stinks for me as I'll be at a funeral and still haven't found anyone to help me out. Here's to hoping that changes soon though!

So, I know Amazon is a huge retailer with great servers and IT people and what not, but I can imagine 30,000+ people trying to buy the same product at exactly the same time could lead to some serious hiccups. I'm not overly confident I'll be able to secure a Palutena at 5pm Eastern Time.
I just snagged her from Amazon.de with Ganondor, Greninja and King Dedede for $18/each after shipping fees. I figure if I miss out today on Amazon I'll have a decent priced back up.

Do the Yoshi Yarn amiibos function any different than the Super Smash Bros Yoshi amiibo?

Do the 30th anniversary Mario amiibos function any different than the Super Smash Bros Mario amiibo?

Limit 2, but bring the coin and it's limit 3. Don't know what the coin was from.
coin was limited to 1000 and was free with purchase of the NWS 10th anniversary shirts.

I'm debating if I should go home to get it. That's about an extra 90 minutes worth of people lining up ahead of me - and 2 subway rides...

who doesn't keep their NWS coin on them at all times I mean honestly
yeah I'm a failure! I don't even "hang out" at the store for hours doing nothing (or playing the same old game demos despite having full games at home) like lots of the "real" fans wearing some of the gaudy merchandise they bought long ago decked out with dozens of pins/keychains that were freebies... and the "cool" ones use to do it before amiibo were even announced last May!

Of course! Now maybe this is just AmiAmi having issues, but if this is wide spread
z3zrULC.gif

Even collecting cards will be a pain when it hits the US.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for shopping at AmiAmi.

This message is being sent with regards your order for the item "Animal Crossing amiibo Card Vol.1 5Pack Set" (GAME-0014482).

Unfortunately due to production issues, we have been notified by the maker that there is a major stock shortage of this item. We will be unable to fulfill most orders for the item placed at our store because of this, and we are sorry to say that your order is among those we will not be able to fulfill. Your order for the item will be canceled.

While we have not yet received any official notification, it is very possible that the release of the item "Animal Crossing amiibo Card Vol.2 5Pack Set" (GAME-0014484) may be discontinued due to the issues experienced with the production/release of Vol.1. Notices will be sent accordingly if the need arises.

On behalf of the maker, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused.

Best regards,

AmiAmi
SOURCE: https://www.reddit.com/r/amiibo/comments/3efsfp/major_stock_shortage_production_issues_of_amiibo/

Yeah, where have you been? :) It's 2pm PST/5 pm EST. Stinks for me as I'll be at a funeral and still haven't found anyone to help me out. Here's to hoping that changes soon though!
Mostly busy with work.

Are you sure you actually signed up? The sign up button was completely broken for a while and did nothing.
I remember doing and the page changing to something along the lines of we'll notify you when it's available... or maybe I'm just losing it and actually didn't get any type of confirmation.

The TRU-exclusive Skylanders Superchargers Dark Edition Starter Pack with Dark Hammer Slam Bowser hybrid-amiibo is up for pre-order at Toys R Us:
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=68545586&skuid=21898106
fuck Nintendo for doing this... store exclusives are one thing but for them to make it part of a $100 set is such a shit move.

yeah I'm a failure! I don't even "hang out" at the store for hours doing nothing (or playing the same old game demos despite having full games at home) like lots of the "real" fans wearing some of the gaudy merchandise they bought long ago decked out with dozens of pins/keychains that were freebies... and the "cool" ones use to do it before amiibo were even announced last May!
Well excuuuse me princess, I like wearing my squid and starfox pins. :p

Seriously though, people dress with all that stuff because of things like this. Last time I was line this guy who's been going there for years let me know that every now and then they'll pick out people with Nintendo shirts to cut the line. Only during game releases, but still.
Not that it explains why everyone wearing a nintendo shirt is wearing one, some people just do that. Just wanted to mention this.

fuck Nintendo for doing this... store exclusives are one thing but for them to make it part of a $100 set is such a shit move.
Blame Activision. The developers of Skylanders Superchargers have already stated they were pleased with how much freedom they were allowed with using the Nintendo characters, Nintendo basically just licensed them. The price of the Dark Starter Pack is the same as it has been in previous years, and Acitivision are the ones that chose to make those characters exclusive to that pack. Trust me, Skylanders collectors are very upset that they will essentially have to buy six complete starter packs including three Dark versions in order to have the whole collection. That's not Nintendo's fault.

Well excuuuse me princess, I like wearing my squid and starfox pins. :p

Seriously though, people dress with all that stuff because of things like this. Last time I was line this guy who's been going there for years let me know that every now and then they'll pick out people with Nintendo shirts to cut the line. Only during game releases, but still.
Not that it explains why everyone wearing a nintendo shirt is wearing one, some people just do that. Just wanted to mention this.
was mostly in jest! I don't know about skipping lines unless it's considered "cosplay". I do know for some Zelda event years back, a freebie was given to those with a LoZ shirt. I do know that the general manager has let former employees skip lines... a midnight amiibo launch line to be specific. that was bs as he was near the end and another former employee was around where I within the first 100.

honestly most of the shirts are only okay imo. nearly all of the hats are terrible. the pins/keychains are annoying when the person is wearing so many especially if it's the same pin but 3 of them. sometimes I'm there thinking "I wonder if anyone has just put this on and walked out".

anyway a bit on topic, there were 5 people online when I left about 20 minutes ago. I'll be heading back in an hour or so depending when I can leave the office.

P.S. Charizard oos (saw 2 yesterday), but Wario is back on shelves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back