Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
Got two separate confirmations for shipping from Target, one for Zero Suit Samus and one for 8 bit Mario. I suspect the others will also arrive separately as well. 

My Dr. Marios are backordered but still have an expected delivery date of 9/15 to 9/18. Hopefully it at least ships by the 11th or I may have to try and get one in store just to make sure I don't miss out altogether.

My Dr. Marios are backordered but still have an expected delivery date of 9/15 to 9/18. Hopefully it at least ships by the 11th or I may have to try and get one in store just to make sure I don't miss out altogether.
Yeah my Dr. Mario says the same thing. It was the only amiibo I could get from Target..everything else I have pre ordered from Newegg, who knows if they will ever ship

I just got email notification from Target that my Dr. Mario amiibo shipped. WHOOHOO! Now I just need to track down Bowser Jr, Samus and Olimar... 

Ganondorf and Zero Suit Samus placeholders have been added to best buy.com with in store only buttons instead of typical coming soon button.

Search for amiibo nintendo figure they are on page 3. If you search only amiibo it won't be in the results. In store only. It's strange it's only samus and ganon though
Search for amiibo nintendo figure they are on page 3. If you search only amiibo it won't be in the results. In store only. It's strange it's only samus and ganon though
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-amiibo-figure-super-smash-bros-series-zero-suit-samus-multi/4349500.p?id=1219735414327&skuId=4349500

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-amiibo-figure-super-smash-bros-series-ganandorf/4349200.p?id=1219735412370&skuId=4349200

I have not been able to keep up with this as much as usual... has there been any mention of pre-orders of Olimar? He is the last one I actually want for Amiibos aside from maybe a yarn Yoshi to open and put on my work desk.

I have not been able to keep up with this as much as usual... has there been any mention of pre-orders of Olimar? He is the last one I actually want for Amiibos aside from maybe a yarn Yoshi to open and put on my work desk.
He was up on Target with the rest. Oddly enough, he already shipped for me even though none of the others have.

Just how far would Nintendo be willing to go?
VQNPhey.png
Personally I would love to have one of each color. Then I could do something like this.
woolly-yoshi-amiibo-release-date.png
It'd be the best Easter basket ever!

Any more word on Woolly Yoshi availability? I'd heard that one color might be exclusive (blue at Walmart I think), but I don't think that rumor's been confirmed yet.
I would buy all of the different colors of Yoshi amiibos, even though I don't even have a Wii U.

Suggestions for a newcomer looking to pick up commons? I hit up a couple Best Buys during the 2 for 20 deal and picked up 8 or so.
With the 8 you picked up your probably picked up all the current commons ;) Pretty much everything else ranges from uncommon to extremely hard to find.

Sept 11th is coming, a day we amiibo hunters will be out nationwide in the sun risking burning our fragile skin which rarely sees the light of day in order to grab that much sought after chunk of plastic with a 1 cent chip inside. Many will come home empty handed & heart broken but it's a risk we have to be willing to take. I plan on taking my pepperspray in case things turn ugly unless it's windy that day.

11th of September is coming, a day we amiibo hunters will be out nationwide in the sun risking burning our fragile skin which rarely sees the light of day in order to grab that much sought after chunk of plastic with a 1 cent chip inside. Many will come home empty handed & heart broken but it's a risk we have to be willing to take. I plan on taking my pepperspray in case things turn ugly unless it's windy that day.
Fixed that for you.

I wonder if I should head to Target tomorrow to buy the Mario Maker cube or head there afterwork on Friday to maybe get amiibo and it then.  I'm planning on waiting at Best Buy an hour before opening though.  If the nubers posted on reddit are somewhat accurate, I should be okay getting Ganondorf/Olimar/ZSS on release.

Has anyone else noticed that it actually says "One of each figure per customer" in Best Buy's ad this week where the amiibos are listed?
Nope, didn't notice it. Now it's just on the stores to actually enforce it. Best Buy has been one of the worst with doing this I have seen plenty of stories about them letting one person clean out all the Metaknights, Pits, WFT's, Marths, Little Macs, etc.

Nope, didn't notice it. Now it's just on the stores to actually enforce it. Best Buy has been one of the worst with doing this I have seen plenty of stories about them letting one person clean out all the Metaknights, Pits, WFT's, Marths, Little Macs, etc.
I think Target says says 3 of each character per customer.

Just got my no tax preorder for $60 for woolly world + the green amiibo from B&H. Seems like a good place to order from.
Thank you! Just ordered mine from there too. I wanted to order from Best Buy with GCU, but since I almost never get amiibos from Best Buy since I cannot pre order them, I figure the bundle (tax free and free shipping) works out to be just as much (or a tad more) if I buy the amiibo and game separately plus tax.

Lol at people still ordering from BH Photo after the shit they pulled with not cancelling orders for months even though they knew stock wasn't coming.

Already made good money off the amiibos. Everyone gets upset at resellers I've noticed. Like, I'm just trying to make a quick buck, and in doing so I give something to someone who'd otherwise have trouble finding it. The distributors were the ones who didnt make enough, and reselling isnt really much worse than regular selling? I mean they make these toys for a few cents a pop from child labor in china but no IM THE BAD GUY not the company you're trying to support who breaks ethical standards smh

Nice font.  You add no value, take no risk, and basically take advantage of people, so, yes, you are the bad guy.

Maybe people wouldn't "otherwise have trouble finding it" if you and other resellers left them behind instead of scooping them up to scalp. That justification never makes any sense, even if it's the only way you can sleep at night with a clear conscience... but you're only fooling yourself.

Nice font. You add no value, take no risk, and basically take advantage of people, so, yes, you are the bad guy.
Well, to be completely honest, resellers do add some efficiency to the market, as even in the United States there are some chains that don't allocate their stock as efficiently as possible- many do an even distribution to stores despite difference in sales and the size of population centers. You'll see people mention about having lots of highly demanded figures in their stores way out in the boonies, far away from most of the major population centers. People in these areas that resell do actually correct a market inefficiency and thus DO add some value.

Unlike the text and font that guy used, not all things are completely black and white. The nice thing will be that all of these threads, forums and subreddits will stick around, cached on the internet and you'll see this history of all these people absolutely losing their shit for a few months to a year, and in time the figures will be everywhere, people will be sick of them, and you'll see them all over the place when Gamestop goes to run another buy 2 get 3 free for Toys to Life figures.

If someone can make a quick buck, good for them. Though, I'll also be the first one to point and laugh when they can't find a limited quantity item they want. Because karma is a bitch, and hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back