Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
Managed to get the figures at BB with GCU, decided to return two extras to target & keep two I really want to open. Also picked up my Super Mario Maker pre-order. Great amiibo hunting day. Time for sleep.

scored classic mario at best buy. the rest of the wave I ordered from amazon.fr weeks ago.

they were putting out more mario, olimar/pikmin, zss and ganondorf.

are any going to be hard to come by...as far as projected numbers. if so I can pick a couple up and help others out if any are left when I get off work.

I think with kids being back in school, this wave was generally easier to walk in and pick up, at least in my case.

classic mario looks so much better in person.

I managed to get every Amiibo from wave 5b except the Modern Color 8-bit Mario. Toys R Us had so many Bowser Jr. and I showed up just after opening. I was the last in line at the time, and I thought I'd just try to ask for 2 Bowser Jr. (sorry, but I buy 2 of the ones I really want, though my goal is 2 of each), and she said it's supposed to be 1 per customer, but let me get 2 anyway.

Honestly, getting Bowser Jr. made my day. It's the first Tru exclusive I was able to get to this point. I wish they could have every wave be like this. The only other 2 I really must have though are Pit and Dark Pit, at least till Mewtwo comes out.

Wife just walked into TRU.  Had a table up front.  Tons of Bowser Jr.'s, four Ganondorf, four Olimar, and no ZSS.  She asked about Zero Suit, and the woman unpacked three of them.

She grabbed only the SSB series for me.  They had the 8-bit Mario also.

got everything at BB and Bowser Jr from TRU. 

I was 5th in line at BB (3 were employees not working). After getting tickets at 9:30 (opened at 10), I checked another BB which was cleaned out except for Olimar.  TRU had nearly 30 people in line when I got there a bit after 10.  Took about 30 minutes to wait to buy.  Back to the other BB right before ticket deadline, and decent amount left.  6/8/8/1 left of Ganondorf, Olimar, ZSS, classic.

friend told me Nintendo World seems to have a lot more than usual (we both have attended prior launches and restocks so know how stock looks).  they stopped wristbanding people for bowser jr, but he still got one.  he also just got everything except classic from a bb right before 11.

5B definitely has been the easiest at launch (2 and 3 non exclusives still the easiest had you actually been interested before the overhype).  I still except shelves to be barren as the holiday season approaches however.

if anyone looking for Ganondorf, Olimar, or ZSS, I can help out!

Leisurely walked into Target 10 minutes after opening, the line had cleared out and there was still a mountain of Dr. Mario.

Then I drove by ToysRUs and saw a line of about 50 people. No thanks, just got to Best Buy and nobody else is around.

Definitely the easiest wave. Drove by target and toys r us at 7:45AM. Target had 4 people and toys r us had none. Decided to wait at best buy to get gcu. I was the only person there the entire time BBY had like 8 of each. I got all the ones I wanted, ganondorf, olimar, and zss. Now I don't have to risk getting smashed up amiibo boxes from amazon. Can't see myself buying anymore amiibos after this, I'm happy with the ones I have.

Missed 8-bit Mario online, don't anticipate Best Buy will have any left when I stop by to get Mario Maker.  Bummer.

Has it actually been available on BestBuy.com yet?

There were 60 people in line at my Toys R Us but got my Bowser Jr. My Target shipment with Dr Mario, Olimar and Ganondorf will be here Tuesday.

Going to pick up Mario Maker at lunch and if they have 8-bit Mario I'll grab him but that's a slippery slope that I'm trying to avoid. Only wanted Smash series but have bought Toad and Splatoon 3-pack. I'm adimit that I'm not getting Animal Crossing so this is a tests that I should just not worry about him and move on.

I must live in a real bad town because I suffered lots of heartache over just one figure - 8-bit Mario.  I don't collect Amiibos but seeing this figure brough back my childhood memories.

Went to Target.  Long line of 20 people.  They got 4 in.  No go.

This happens at Best Buy-

I went to the Hialeah #555 store.  Stood in line with 4 other people waiting for the store to open.  I waited nearly one hour and twenty minutes and was 3rd in line.  Everyone was there for the Amiibos and we passed the time talking about games.  About fifteen minutes before the store opened, a guy in plain clothes rang the bell and an employee greeted him with a hug.  This guy was let in.

When the store opened we were led to the Amiibo section.  There people picked out what they wanted.  The only one I wanted was the 8-bit 30th anniversary Mario.  They said they had to get that one from the back.  Guy comes out with 2 of them.  Gives them to the first two people in line.  I thought I had bad luck, but no.  The guy who was led in before anyone else had not only that one, but one of each character that came out.  I, and the other people who saw him go in complain about it, and nothing was done.  "He has it in his hands"  Of course he did.  He was let in by his employee friend!

Really disappointed with this Best Buy.  Just couldn't believe it.  If the item says in store only and you're in the line for the number 3 spot, you should be able to get that item.

Went to Toys R Us.  Too late. 

Went to Gamestop.  Good lord they had 4.  Finally got one.

You guys had a much easier time.  Hialeah, FL was insane.

Nifty.  Target.com has Dr. Mario in stock.  Ordered one just now.

Hopefully BB will have some 8-bit Marios in stock in an hour when I hit them up during lunch.

Wow walked in and saw some people buying them leaving toys r us. Went to the game area and they had all this wave (a good amount as well) but 8 bit mario. I ordered the other ones during the preorders last night. Debated on canceling and just grab them in store but remember I had an 8 bit on one order. So just grabbed Bowser JR. When I checked out the women who helped me was telling me about her little brother who is into them. She seemed to be around my age and she didnt say how old her brother was, was she saying they were for children? Probably just making small talk.

Also saw a guy a taking a picture of his amiibo, had them set up in his trunk. My first thought was why doesn't he just wait until he gets back to his place. Probably better lighting there, the sun would be giving a glare and casting shadows.

People hunting out in the wild may still be running into some problems locating them, but if the online orders go through between Walmart (still up...) and Gamestop (up currently), how long Dr. Mario was available for pre-order at Target and the sheer numbers of Bowser Jr's at TRU, this wave is making me think NOA may be getting production more in line with demand. 

Wow walked in and saw some people buying them leaving toys r us. Went to the game area and they had all this wave (a good amount as well) but 8 bit mario. I ordered the other ones during the preorders last night. Debated on canceling and just grab them in store but remember I had an 8 bit on one order. So just grabbed Bowser JR. When I checked out the women who helped me was telling me about her little brother who is into them. She seemed to be around my age and she didnt say how old her brother was, was she saying they were for children? Probably just making small talk.

Also saw a guy a taking a picture of his amiibo, had them set up in his trunk. My first thought was why doesn't he just wait until he gets back to his place. Probably better lighting there, the sun would be giving a glare and casting shadows.
She was just making small talk, man. You should have given her your number.

either taking pic for family/friend or ebay/etc. likely the latter. I don't know why idiot scalpers do that. it's worse when the retailer's logo or receipt also included lol

The Mario Maker cube puzzle was harder to find than I expected. 5 min after opening at Target and I got the last one

I didn't really expect much, but it is kind of Dollar Store-ish quality in terms of feel. Graphics are nicely done, but this is definetly no Rubik's Cube. Will make a nice stand for my son to put his new 8-bit amiibo on next to his Power A End Level display.

I managed to get all the non-exclusives at Best Buy so I've continued my streak of getting every non-exclusive figure at Best Buy with GCU. Haven't paid more than $10.39 for anything outside of Rosalina, Lucario, Jigglypuff, Palutena, Gold Mario, Dr. Mario, and Bowser Jr. Not sure if I'm forgetting any here - can't believe there has been that many store exclusives!

In any case, I've got first-prints of every NA amiibo released outside of Modern Mario. I wish I wasn't so addicted to collecting these things.

As a heads up to anyone who hasn't headed out - the only reason to wait outside a store would be Classic Mario. All the other figures are in high enough supply for people to walk in at opening.

I must live in a real bad town because I suffered lots of heartache over just one figure - 8-bit Mario. I don't collect Amiibos but seeing this figure brough back my childhood memories.

Went to Target. Long line of 20 people. They got 4 in. No go.

This happens at Best Buy-

I went to the Hialeah #555 store. Stood in line with 4 other people waiting for the store to open. I waited nearly one hour and twenty minutes and was 3rd in line. Everyone was there for the Amiibos and we passed the time talking about games. About fifteen minutes before the store opened, a guy in plain clothes rang the bell and an employee greeted him with a hug. This guy was let in.

When the store opened we were led to the Amiibo section. There people picked out what they wanted. The only one I wanted was the 8-bit 30th anniversary Mario. They said they had to get that one from the back. Guy comes out with 2 of them. Gives them to the first two people in line. I thought I had bad luck, but no. The guy who was led in before anyone else had not only that one, but one of each character that came out. I, and the other people who saw him go in complain about it, and nothing was done. "He has it in his hands" Of course he did. He was let in by his employee friend!

Really disappointed with this Best Buy. Just couldn't believe it. If the item says in store only and you're in the line for the number 3 spot, you should be able to get that item.

Went to Toys R Us. Too late.

Went to Gamestop. Good lord they had 4. Finally got one.

You guys had a much easier time. Hialeah, FL was insane.
Wow. Seriously, call 1-888 Best buy and complain to corporate about letting that guy in the store. That is a HUGE no-no. One if he was in plain clothes he shouldn't have had a reason to be there unless he was a manager or a new hire employee, greeting him with a hug just sounds unnecessary and unprofessional. Especially if he was not a employee letting him knside is not only wrong but a huge security risk, if we dont recognize someone as a employee or 3rd party vendor after or before hours you have a manager let those people in.

That just really angers me that happened. Thankfully i was able to take my lunch and buy my figures especially since almost no one was here at 10am.

She was just making small talk, man. You should have given her your number.
Im too oblivious to notice that anyway hahahha

Totally woman in retail love getting hit on my neck beards.
I dont have a beard? Or a "neckbeard"? What are you trying to say? Are we talking about like the dudes with fedoras because I dont think I look anything like them?

Why wait in line?  Do you not value your time?

I walked into gamestop at 10am and pickup up zero suit, olimar, mario, and ganondorf using tore credit.

Then I walked in next door at and picked up Dr. Mario at target.  Rest were in the back and I didn't feel like waiting around so I paid and left.  5% off using target CC card.

Went into TRU next to pick up bowser Jr and the manager was boasting about how his store had 50 people that waited in line.  I laughed because they had well over 20 of each character sitting on the table, and what a waste of time waiting is when you can just walk in and buy them.  He agreed and applauded my sound logic.

I then picked up zero suit, olimar, mario, and ganondorf in addition to bowser jr and had them price match to 12.99 

Then I went home, listed zero suit, olimar, mario, and ganondorf on ebay for $110 shipped and it was purchased instantly.

So this run took me 45 min including the time to list on ebay and I essentially just got 6 free amiibos and some cash on top.

*yawn*  Next question?

There were 60 people in line at my Toys R Us but got my Bowser Jr. My Target shipment with Dr Mario, Olimar and Ganondorf will be here Tuesday.

Going to pick up Mario Maker at lunch and if they have 8-bit Mario I'll grab him but that's a slippery slope that I'm trying to avoid. Only wanted Smash series but have bought Toad and Splatoon 3-pack. I'm adimit that I'm not getting Animal Crossing so this is a tests that I should just not worry about him and move on.
I don't know if this is indicitive of actual numbers but my BB had more 8-bit Mario amiibos than copies of Super Mario Maker.

Still I'm sure they'll restock the game a thousand times over before they restock the amiibo.

Last edited:
Yes, because women that work retail love when strangers make passes at them. :eyeroll:
Yes, because all women in the world are exactly the same, and react to every game in the same manner. Or you know, maybe each woman is different, and treats each man differently based on their own preferences. I believe there's something about humans in general where they're each different, and have different points of view, preferences, and opinions. Idk, my 28 years in the studies of the human race could have been misinterpreted though.

But, this is an Amiibo thread, and with that, I congratulate everyone that got what they wanted, and offer my sincerest condolences to those that missed out, and wish those who are still hunting the best of luck.

Yes, because all women in the world are exactly the same, and react to every game in the same manner. Or you know, maybe each woman is different, and treats each man differently based on their own preferences. I believe there's something about humans in general where they're each different, and have different points of view, preferences, and opinions. Idk, my 28 years in the studies of the human race could have been misinterpreted though.

But, this is an Amiibo thread, and with that, I congratulate everyone that got what they wanted, and offer my sincerest condolences to those that missed out, and wish those who are still hunting the best of luck.

I'll say. AWALT

Last edited:
I miss the dude with animal suit doing an unboxing lol
Is that the same disguisting neckbearded freako who was at the NWS when 3D World launched in his furry cat suit? I've never seen a more horrifying site than that 300+ lb furry playing card/video games with children.

the modern mario did not release today, correct? I totally forgot there was going to be a variant,.
It was launched in the wii u bundle at walmart. No further news on when it will be available stand alone. Since game stop will be getting the three pack on the 25th (if i remember correctly ) that may be the day we see it release as well. Just speculation.

Well bestbuy at open had abt 5 ppl for amiibos, first guy up ask for bowser jr.. Bestbuy guy goes to look i tell him hes tru exclusive, guy couldnt believe it got 8 bit mario and left. They were allowing one amiibo ONLY. So got 8 nut and drove to another bestbuy for zero suit and another 8 bit to keep sealed. Overall good day. Checked tru and another target. Tru has tons of everything (mostly bowser jr and olimar) target was out as they just sold last dr mario. If anyone lives near hollbrook ny thats the tru im talking abt.

It was launched in the wii u bundle at walmart. No further news on when it will be available stand alone. Since game stop will be getting the three pack on the 25th (if i remember correctly ) that may be the day we see it release as well. Just speculation.

Hopefully or walnart will get a single of it alone around yoshis release, who knows at this point.

Was shocked to walk into Best Buy an hour after opening and see a Dark Pit on the shelf. @_@ Employee said they got five for today. This is in Madison, WI. Yoink!

Is it true Nintendo patched SMM today to remove the 9 day waiting period AND allow you to enter a code to unlock the CRT mode and Mega Mushroom the 8 bit Mario was supposed to unlock?  Can anyone at home confirm?

If so that timing fucking sucks since I already bought mine, but that's fantastic news.  Good on Nintendo for showing a bit of decency.... even if it was after everyone bought the fucking amiibo to begin with.

On the other side of that coin.... get ready for DLC

http://www.destructoid.com/dlc-confirmed-for-super-mario-maker-starting-with-famitsu-mascot-310167.phtml

Last edited:
I was only going to get the 8 bit classic color mario, but ended up getting Ganondorf as well at Gamestop. Was only me and another customer and the employee ringing me up said "that is the last 8 bit mario". Of course there were still some there, guessing the employees claimed them. The poster that came with the Super Mario Maker pre-order is pretty neat.

My thought was to go home but then decided to go to some mystical place in TN to a TRU, they had like 4 bowser jr.'s , picked one of them up, though the cashier made it sound like they had more elsewhere. Then went to target to pick up one of the many Dr. Mario's. Didn't get Zero Suit Samus or Olimar but could of got either one if I really wanted. Now to get back to work so I can play Super Mario Maker at some point today.

Stopped tru at 10:30 AM. Got bowser jr. Still 2 olimar, 4 b.j and 5 zero suit samus left. Mario classic & ganondorf is long gone. Completed set 5b now. 5C is retro 3 pack and possible modern classic mario. 2 more in november.

picked up Ganondorf and Zero Suit Samus at Fred Meyers this morning no problem. They had 8 bit Mario but meh i don't really like that one.
Goddammit, I just moved back to Washington this summer and didn't even consider Fred Meyer. All well, I'm already first in line at Best Buy this morning.

Ok, this wave is over... let's move on folks.  There's still 22 more amiibo coming down the pipe line.

30th AV mario modern - Sept 2015

Duck Hunt 9-25

Game n watch 9-25

Rob 9-25

Chichi Robo 10-9

Green Yarn Yoshi 10-16

Blue Yarn Yoshi 10-16

Pink Yarn Yoshi 10-16

Mega Green Yarn Yoshi - Nov 2015

MewTwo 11-13

Mii Brawler 11-1

Mii Gunner 11-1

Mii Swordfigher 11-1

Shovel Knight - Holiday 2015

Animal Crossing - Holiday 2015

Cyrus

Digby

Isabelle

KK slider

Lottie

Mabel

Tom Nook

Reese Holiday 

Went to best buy and got all but mario 30th. So then went to gamestop and the guy in line in front of me got the last one. Booooo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back