amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

no658ea3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
So the last one was locked, here is the new one.

Don't talk politics or argue.

Don't piss off the mods with reporting posts. If you can't take what someone else is saying don't report them unless it violates the rules of CAG.

Trades are done here amiibo Master Trade Thread

For updates on amiibo check Amiibo Alerts and Amiibo News on Twitter

Master List of amiibo and product details from reddit

Retailers that sell amiibo

Best Buy- Rember that amiibo are 20% off with GCU

Amazon

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Walmart

Target

Credit to Modoru for next section.

Imports/Other sellers:
AmiAmi
PlayAsia
GoHastings
Meijer
Nintendo World Store [NY Location, In-Store only]

Foreign Amazon links:

Amazon UK
Amazon GER

Amazon SPN
Amazon ITA

amiibo compatibility chart

screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Good to know.

If only it would be new figures, that would've been a bargain for me, since my GS are closing and they don't carry used amiibos barely.
Most Gamestops don't carry used amiibos since barely anyone trades them in, for obvious reasons. There's always one here or one there. The closest one near me that has a bunch is 10 miles away and they only have 5.

I saw jigglypuff at tru today. Wonder when rosalina will pop up?

I remember a member here found a mario without an M paintd on his hat. Anyone recall who that was?

Toys R Us is havng B1G50%off today for all Toys R Us members on amiibos. All the new Animal Crossing amiibos that came out last month are on sale for $9.79. I got all 4 for $31.86 shipped. Use code PRESDAY.

2oJwSIU.jpg

N504nib.jpg

My Walmart is having a 75 % off all clearance merchandise. I found Mario Modern Color 30th Anniversary and Mabel  amiibo  for $1.82. Only bought two Mario amiibo.

Now I already have Robin and Lucina from launch, but has Nintendo said or has there been a leak to explain why Nintendo hasn't reprinted the 2 Amiibo from the most popular version of Fire Emblem ever in advance of the new game coming out on Friday? Seems like that would be the best time to have them at every retailer to sell, beyond the fact they are the 2 most popular yet to receive a reprint.

Now I already have Robin and Lucina from launch, but has Nintendo said or has there been a leak to explain why Nintendo hasn't reprinted the 2 Amiibo from the most popular version of Fire Emblem ever in advance of the new game coming out on Friday? Seems like that would be the best time to have them at every retailer to sell, beyond the fact they are the 2 most popular yet to receive a reprint.
You think they would since they just re-released the pokemon amiibos for the 20th anniversary and Pokken Tournament. Jigglypuff is all over the place now.

Who knows, maybe there were some issues with production or Nintendo doesn't view them as viable sellers in the west. Japan received their reprints about 3 months ago, so we're due to get them here by now if they're planning on making it happen.

Unless of course they're waiting for the Corrin amiibo to drop so they can re-release those along with him.

Who knows, maybe there were some issues with production or Nintendo doesn't view them as viable sellers in the west. Japan received their reprints about 3 months ago, so we're due to get them here by now if they're planning on making it happen.

Unless of course they're waiting for the Corrin amiibo to drop so they can re-release those along with him.
Yeah I guess that's the only scenario that makes sense outside of we can't make it or don't think it would sell (which is wrong.)

Most Gamestops don't carry used amiibos since barely anyone trades them in, for obvious reasons. There's always one here or one there. The closest one near me that has a bunch is 10 miles away and they only have 5.
I actually got Modern Classic Mario used from GameStop.

Thanks for those mentioning the TRU AC Amiibo sale + B1G1 50% off sale, ended up getting all four and using a $20 return credit from Christmas, for roughly $11 out of pocket.  Kicks is my personal favorite of the lot, and was in the least supply at this particular TRU (only three left on the shelf, compared to the dozens of the other characters).

Hmm. Is there a nice fancy official binder for the series 2 animal crossing cards like there was for season 1?

Hmm. Is there a nice fancy official binder for the series 2 animal crossing cards like there was for season 1?
I import binders because the albums in Europe are very, very nice. The Hori one they released here was not very good, at least to me. It holds your cards but looks and feel cheap. The European ones are sturdy and have every card listed and displayed so you can keep track. I'd honestly pay the ~25-30 to import if you can swing it.

51Bn1jBCNaL.jpg

Yea I am taking a chance on the EU album too. Yea it was a bit pricey around $30 but I need like 8 cards to have all of series 1 so I figured check out the series 1 book and see if it's worth it for series 2 which I am about 29 cards away from completing

Checked my Amazon order of Timmy & Tommy and they gave me the Prime discount twice so I'm getting the amiibo for $8 and change with tax. Won't be cancelling that for the Best Buy pre-order.

Also unboxing of Twilight Princess and it shows off the Wolf Link amiibo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GniKyZu_NCg

People were kinda holding out for reprints today (with the release of FE: FATES and its Lucina/Robin compatibility and all that jazz).

Buuut that didn't happen. At least not in my area as far as I know.

Who knows if we'll get one after the last FE reprint (among others) sat on BB/GS shelves for weeks.

Has there been any word on a reprint for Lucina and Robin?
People were kinda holding out for reprints today (with the release of FE: FATES and its Lucina/Robin compatibility and all that jazz).

Buuut that didn't happen. At least not in my area as far as I know.

Who knows if we'll get one after the last FE reprint (among others) sat on BB/GS shelves for weeks.
I've speculated that they're waiting to coincide with the Corrin amiibo release. Japan got their reprints back in late November so if it's not done by then they must not be planning on it.

Checked my Amazon order of Timmy & Tommy and they gave me the Prime discount twice so I'm getting the amiibo for $8 and change with tax. Won't be cancelling that for the Best Buy pre-order.

Also unboxing of Twilight Princess and it shows off the Wolf Link amiibo
Good to see nintendo making wolf link in it's own amiibo box (unlike the A/C digby [SIZE=11pt]Isabelle [/SIZE]package) which they messed up on, hence they have to now release Digby and Isabelle in their standalone packaging in the US like they did overseas.

http://animalcrossingworld.com/2015/11/individual-isabelle-animal-crossing-amiibo-figure-release-coming-soon-to-north-america/

Here's what I'm waiting on:

[SIZE=11pt]Gold Mega Man Feb 23rd preordered Best Buy
Wolf link - Mar 4th – preordered Best Buy
Timmy & Tommy – preordered Amazon
Kapp'n – preordered Best Buy
Rover – preordered Best Buy
Roy – preordered Gamestop
Ryu – preordered Amazon
Fanticom ROB – preordered Best Buy
[/SIZE]

Digby US ver - March 18th
[SIZE=11pt]Bayonetta - March 18 ?[/SIZE]

Shadow Mewtwo - March 18 ?

Cloud – TBD

Corrin - TBD

Isabelle (summer outfit) - TBD

Isabelle US ver - TBD

Sky amiibo to follow.

Good to see nintendo making wolf link in it's own amiibo box (unlike the A/C digby Isabelle package) which they messed up on, hence they have to now release Digby and Isabelle in their standalone packaging in the US like they did overseas.

http://animalcrossingworld.com/2015/11/individual-isabelle-animal-crossing-amiibo-figure-release-coming-soon-to-north-america/

Here's what I'm waiting on:

Gold Mega Man Feb 23rd preordered Best Buy
Wolf link - Mar 4th – preordered Best Buy
Timmy & Tommy – preordered Amazon
Kapp'n – preordered Best Buy
Rover – preordered Best Buy
Roy – preordered Gamestop
Ryu – preordered Amazon
Fanticom ROB – preordered Best Buy

Digby US ver - March 18th[/size]Bayonetta - March 18 ?
Shadow Mewtwo - March 18 ?[/size]
Cloud – TBD[/size]
Corrin - TBD[/size]
Isabelle (summer outfit) - TBD[/size]
Isabelle US ver - TBD[/size]

Sky amiibo to follow.[/size]
So fascinating
Very amaze
Much wow

LMAO, probably the best use of that meme ever.
Ha, I'm not even a fan of that meme but is was all I could think of when I saw that post.

It's too bad really. Shadow Mewtwo should have had its own figure, rather than just a lame old NFC trading card.
I'm wondering what they plan on doing next and when they plan on releasing them... You have to figure Smash will be done by April and while they could continue AC, I don't think they would take it much further. Nothing else has been announced.

Maybe something for games that haven't been announced or a more robust Zelda line for the game later this year? I'd say something that coincides with NX but I don't think that will be this year.

In case it hasn't been mentioned amiibo are 2 for $22 this week at TRU.

Also, finally after what seems like a year of searching, I found a World of Nintendo 6 inch Metroid figure at TRU.  They actually had two.  When I bought one the clerk asked if there were any others and he promptly left to buy it after finishing my transaction.  So check your local TRUs if you are looking for that figure.

Also, finally after what seems like a year of searching, I found a World of Nintendo 6 inch Metroid figure at TRU. They actually had two. When I bought one the clerk asked if there were any others and he promptly left to buy it after finishing my transaction. So check your local TRUs if you are looking for that figure.
I've had more luck finding those at Target recently. Just throwing that out there.

I've had more luck finding those at Target recently. Just throwing that out there.
I've never seen the 6 inch Metroid at Target. In fact, I heard the 6 inch WON line is a TRU exclusive as far as B&M retailers go. Unless that has changed recently.

I have seen the Samus figures at Target though. Are you sure you are not confusing it with them?

Also, finally after what seems like a year of searching, I found a World of Nintendo 6 inch Metroid figure at TRU. They actually had two. When I bought one the clerk asked if there were any others and he promptly left to buy it after finishing my transaction. So check your local TRUs if you are looking for that figure.
Buy 2 get $5 off at Best Buy next week. That usually means around $9 each after GCU I think.

Nice score n the metroid. Those are hard to find. It looks like jakks is giving up on the 6 inch line too. Those were some,of my favorites.

GameStop has added some pre owned Amiibo to their website.

http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-Amiibo,28zu0,136-50

The recent adds look like duck hunt dog, rob , mr game and watch, zero suit samus, Shulk, fox, 8 bit classic mario, pad man, ganodorf and Chibi Robo. All are buy 2 get three free. Dollar handling fee on each item. Use saver code for free shipping on orders over $25. I thinks it's 25 before any sale discounts are done.

I've never seen the 6 inch Metroid at Target. In fact, I heard the 6 inch WON line is a TRU exclusive as far as B&M retailers go. Unless that has changed recently.

I have seen the Samus figures at Target though. Are you sure you are not confusing it with them?
Yep, I rush-read through your post and for some reason read "Metroid" as "Samus" (which is actually 4", duh).

I think I need some coffee. :lol:

I've never seen any WON figures at my TRU's outside of the smaller Mario ones, so Target is my go to for those.

So I'm surprised no one has mentioned this. I just got hone from work and tore into my new Mega Man Legacy collections (one to open, one sealed, blah blah blah). And the backing for the amiibo is blank. Like completely blank. Solid white cardboard, front AND back, with the tiny indented sequence 495S1. I keep up with this stuff and never saw that mentioned in an unboxing, or anywhere else. Anyone see find this weird and a little bit off putting?

I am actually put off by the fact that this collection is 50 dollars and they just announced that the digital version is 15. I prefer physical but 35 dollars extra for a gold amiibo and some stickers and postcards seems a bit much......

Maybe I am not as into amiibo anymore.....what do you guys think?

So I'm surprised no one has mentioned this. I just got hone from work and tore into my new Mega Man Legacy collections (one to open, one sealed, blah blah blah). And the backing for the amiibo is blank. Like completely blank. Solid white cardboard, front AND back, with the tiny indented sequence 495S1. I keep up with this stuff and never saw that mentioned in an unboxing, or anywhere else. Anyone see find this weird and a little bit off putting?
I was waiting for someone to mention this. I just got mine and may return it because of this it's ugly as hell

I was waiting for someone to mention this. I just got mine and may return it because of this it's ugly as hell
I should maybe point out that these things were meant to be opened? The outer packaging was designed to be attractive to consumers who would presumably take it home and enjoy it. Anything outside of that shouldn't matter.

It isn't a normal amiibo that will be sold separately, why go through the trouble of designing a box? They could have just put it in generic plastic ala Isabelle & Digby. You guys are just being crazy.

bread's done
Back