An Incomplete List of the Clearance Games at TRU updated Sept 2

benboxer

CAGiversary!
Here's some new clearance starting Monday September 3. It looks like it could be YMMV. One store has Elder Scrolls IV dropping to 29.99 while another will drop it to 29.98. I have no idea why. So again it could be YMMV.

GBA
Arthur and the Invisibles 19.98
Flushed Away 14.98
Koala Bears 9.98
Princess Nsh(?) gift pack 7.98
Shrek 2/Madagascar 2 pack 14.98
Veggie Tales 9.98

DS
Arthur and the Invisibles 14.98
Brain Boost Beta Wave 11.98
Castlevania PoR 10.98
Chicken Little 14.98
March of the Penguins Gift Pack 9.98
Megaman ZX 16.98
Princess Nsh(?) gift pack 9.98
Tamagotchi Connection Corner Shop 2(I think) 15.98-17.98

PSP
Blitz the League 19.98
Brothers in Arms 14.98-16.98
LA Rush 14.98
Metal Gear Portable Ops 9.98
ATV Offroad Fury Pro 21.98-25.98
Rapala Trophies 14.98
Sega Genesis Collection 23.98
Sid Meier's Pirates 14.98
Snoopy vs Red Baron 14.98
Splinter Cell Essentials 19.98-25.98

GameCube
Ice Age 2 19.98
Splinter Cell DA 19.98

Playstation 2
24: the Game 19.98
Ace Combat Zero 22.98
Arthur and the Invisibles 14.98-22.98
D1 Grand Prix 19.98
Dance Factory 19.98-28.98
DDR Max 2 game only 14.98
Devil May Cry 5th Anniversary Bundle 14.98
GTA Trilogy 19.98
Greg Hastings Paintball 24.98
Guitar Hero Guitar by Activision 34.98
Okami 19.98
Real World Golf Bundle 34.98
Strawberry Shortcake Sweet Dreams 9.98
Veggie Tales 9.98

Playstation 3
Fight Night Round 3 25.98
Genji 29.98

XBox
DDR Ultramix 3 20.98
DDR Ultramix 3 Bundle(skn290065) 34.98
Far Cry- don't know if its Instincts or Evolution(skn490684) 14.98
Splinter Cell DA 19.98-29.98

Dead or Alive 4 29.98
Dynasty Warriors 5 Empires

What a douche. Again with the TRU horror stories.

How quickly they forget that they were very, very close to bankruptcy not too long ago. Sounds like they miss the slim days.

[quote name='Halo05']What a douche. Again with the TRU horror stories.

How quickly they forget that they were very, very close to bankruptcy not too long ago. Sounds like they miss the slim days.[/quote]

One idiot manager shouldn't reflect on the company as a whole

I was actually impressed by my TRU for the first time in, well, ever. Loco Roco was in stock but not marked clearance, just a regular $20 price. They had FFIII locked up, but when I asked the kid to scan (tag was $40) he actually knew it was dropped. I was surprised. He even knew about the 20% off.

The only problem is that they have a clearance bin they don't use, so half the clearance games are in a bin and they other half (some duplicate titles, some not) are on the shelves.

Odd. But whatever.

[quote name='Manatee x360a.org']Heres how my TRU experience was.

1. I go, grab Call of Duty GOTY, Need for Speed, and Ridge Racer off the shelf. An employee immediately recognizes the print-out in my hand as the clearance list and helps me out. Good dude.

2. His manager walks by, and decicdes to work the register. Bang, non clearance price! The employee that helps me queitly talks with the manager about it, loses the argument, and I leave the store. I was told that they don't do clearance.

fuck that[/quote]
http://www.toysrus.com/helpdesk/contact_us.jsp

CALL THEM AND TELL THEM ABOUT THIS PRICK. He should not be allowed to do such a thing. I used to work at a TRU store, and I thought my old boss was a dick. This guy is much worse, oy vey.

[quote name='shiningslade']I just picked this up at Best Buy for $9.99, check there if you don't find it at TRU.[/QUOTE]

on clearance? will check.

[quote name='topnotch97']on clearance? will check.[/quote] Yeah it was 75% off select items on a table. I also saw:
DS: True Swing Golf $4.99
DS: Nacho Libre $4.99
Xbox: Pro Stroke Golf $3.75
Xbox 360 Madden 07 $-not marked but 75% off reg. price

And they had a bunch of those games leftover from Christmas in the holiday cardboard boxes. I also saw some React Dance Pads & Wii organizers all 75% off. A few random GBA titles as well...etc. of course most of this is YMMV.;)

the bestbuy must be YMMV because the bestbuy here still had BK:Origins for $40!!!! Also, I don't want to miss out on Origins for a mere $2; as many hoarders will probably deplete the game (as it is already limited to stock on hand) and make the game impossible to find at a decent price. Pick it up and if there is some left use the coupon then return the old one with the receipt.

Best Buy's 50 & 75% clearance is very YMMV. Some stores just don't do the clearance at all. I think they usually put small round, unmarked stickers on the clearance games...but they're almost always set aside if they're on clearance. I kind of want to drive to the one BB close by that actually does these sales...been meaning to for a while actually.

So...wait...the register wasn't showing the clearance prices? Is it possible this is a store by store thing, not national? I mean it's not like the guy was overriding the clearance price, right?

I found Baten Kaitos (19 ish), and One Piece Battle/Grand Adventure GC (they were clearanced at 4.90 and 3.90 each!) - also another store had dozens of Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater for 6.87. With the 20% off clearance and the $5.00 coupon I did pretty well.

[quote name='Wolfpup']So...wait...the register wasn't showing the clearance prices? Is it possible this is a store by store thing, not national? I mean it's not like the guy was overriding the clearance price, right?[/quote]
Yeah, he wrang up Call of Duty for 29.99 and Need for Speed 49.99. I dind't even bother with Ridge Racer, it was a lost cause with teh man. He must have had three braces on his body. Not to mention the R-zone smelled like wet animals.

Was it NFS:carbon CE? If not, that was the problem. And only one sku of COD2 GOTY is clearance, there are two GOTY versions of it. RR6 should have come up as clearance though.

All-in-all, it wasn't their fault. It seems that you misunderstood what was actually on clearance.

[quote name='sp00ge']Here ya go... this is for the CE version. And yes, those toy ships make bathtime more enjoyable. :D

http://www.brokenpinata.com/pics/others/nfsreceipt.jpg[/quote] Let me ask if you think this is immature. I'd be home taking a bath, and my wife would come in and sink all my boats.
--Woody Allen

Nice find on Carbon CE!! Looks like I gotta check my TRUs again.

and as always, thanks Ben!

Oh man, I really wanted need for speed Carbon CE too. Sadly, my local TRU (Independence, Noland Rd) only carry regular version. Atleast they have few copies Madden 2006 under $7.

[quote name='sp00ge']Was it NFS:carbon CE? If not, that was the problem. And only one sku of COD2 GOTY is clearance, there are two GOTY versions of it. RR6 should have come up as clearance though.

All-in-all, it wasn't their fault. It seems that you misunderstood what was actually on clearance.[/quote]

If thats the case, then the OP needs to be updated a tad.

*Offtopic*

Someone stole 7 of those TRU Exclusive Black/Red DS's yesterday at the TRU I work at, whoever it was ripped the boxes open and pulled the DS out. I wasnt working that day, so I asked them how do you not notice someone ripping into the boxes? They didnt answer.

[quote name='life.exe']*Offtopic*

Someone stole 7 of those TRU Exclusive Black/Red DS's yesterday at the TRU I work at, whoever it was ripped the boxes open and pulled the DS out. I wasnt working that day, so I asked them how do you not notice someone ripping into the boxes? They didnt answer.[/quote]

Your store keeps them right on the floor without at least a security box? TRU I used to work at had the old ticket systems with a display in teh glass case and the rest locked in the room at customer pickup.

Hell, even the TRU's around the area w/ Rzone keep systems and stuff in the case behind the register.

[quote name='Manatee x360a.org']If thats the case, then the OP needs to be updated a tad.[/quote]

Yeah, the COD2 GOTY has been known like that for almost a year, since it first went clearance, and I specifically said in the other thread that it was the CE version of NFS:C. So yeah, the OP definitely needs tweaked.

Someone stole 7 of those TRU Exclusive Black/Red DS's yesterday at the TRU I work at, whoever it was ripped the boxes open and pulled the DS out. I wasnt working that day, so I asked them how do you not notice someone ripping into the boxes? They didnt answer.[/quote]

those bundles are TRU exclusive?...i know i saw them elsewhere, and when i did see them at TRU they were actually near the regular registers (out of the Rzone) with one of those security wraps on it, pretty dumb on their part

Someone stole 7 of those TRU Exclusive Black/Red DS's yesterday at the TRU I work at, whoever it was ripped the boxes open and pulled the DS out. I wasnt working that day, so I asked them how do you not notice someone ripping into the boxes? They didnt answer.[/quote]Sorry to hear this. Yeah your store should have been more diligant in keeping an eye on things. But no matter what, no one should take or damage what isn't theirs. Absolutely terrible.

[quote name='sp00ge']Yeah, the COD2 GOTY has been known like that for almost a year, since it first went clearance, and I specifically said in the other thread that it was the CE version of NFS:C. So yeah, the OP definitely needs tweaked.[/quote]I'll give it a quick fix.

[quote name='Jedi1979']those bundles are TRU exclusive?[/quote]Nope. Available all over.

BTW... have any CAGs been looking for FFIII? If so I'll bump ye olde TRU Trading Clearance Thread.

Someone stole 7 of those TRU Exclusive Black/Red DS's yesterday at the TRU I work at, whoever it was ripped the boxes open and pulled the DS out. I wasnt working that day, so I asked them how do you not notice someone ripping into the boxes? They didnt answer.[/QUOTE]

oh that's simple, it was an inside job.

All the DS lites I have seen are always behind the case.

All the sytems are always behind the counter in the glass you can only see the game sytems boxes that have a Green Sticker on it that says "DISPLAY BOX". Everybody knows that!

Dammit, so I thought everyone was using the 15% off coupon but it doesn't even start till next week. In the coupon thread the $5 off $25 had been removed a few days ago (why?) so I thought THAT ONE had expired. It turns out that one is active. So I buy some games and toys (over $25) and the guy gives me a coupon pack (which he wouldn't give me before - only with purchase he says) and lo and behold, there's a $5 off $25 in there. WTF!? Anyway, I guess I'll swing by another store and see if I can get Baten Kaitos Origins and some other stuff and use the coupon. For some reason $16 seems too much for that game, but if I can knock $2 or $3 off of it (depending on how much other stuff I buy to trigger the $5 off coupon) then it will be acceptable.

To top it all off I walk by the front desk on my way out (my purchase was in R Zone) and I see a huge pile of the coupon packs behind the register and ask for and get one :bomb:. I had no idea they were fold-out fliers or I would have gotten one on the way in. I was exxpecting sheets of paper with the coupons and saw nothing like that at first. Anyway, frustrating... Hopefully the other TRU has some better games, too, because this one had NONE of the new drops besides BKO.

[quote name='oni-link']topnotch could you confirm any bestbuys in our area that does this?[/QUOTE]
best buys that are having clearance? it doesn't even go higher than 20%. :lol: and the titles aren't even worth picking.

Picked up Lumines II and Final Fantasy III, plus a small toy to get it over the $25 limit for the coupon (I just asked at the customer service desk if they had any, since I had used mine earlier). Pretty decent deal. The guy who rang me up asked if they had any more FFIIIs, because he wanted one.

[quote name='sp00ge']Your store keeps them right on the floor without at least a security box? TRU I used to work at had the old ticket systems with a display in teh glass case and the rest locked in the room at customer pickup.

Hell, even the TRU's around the area w/ Rzone keep systems and stuff in the case behind the register.[/quote]
They had them out on an endcap with security things on them. The guy just ripped them open where the security thing didnt cover.

Also, they told me they were TRU exclusive but apparently not since you all have seen them elsewhere, oh well.

Got 2 copies of FFIII and used the $5 off coupon. Went back 5 minutes later and used another $5 coupon (that was given to me with my FFIII purchase) for a DMC 5th Anniversary set. There was a DMC 3 (non-GH) game by itself and it was $10. I passed on Lumines II for now as the stores around here have tons of them and they might make it to the next clearance bump of 25% or 30%-off, if there will be one.

[quote name='life.exe']They had them out on an endcap with security things on them. The guy just ripped them open where the security thing didnt cover.

Also, they told me they were TRU exclusive but apparently not since you all have seen them elsewhere, oh well.[/quote]

Well that's just piss-poor management then. I bet after this, nothing big ticket will be put out on the floor.

Even still, I'm still going to agree with the inside job theory, gutted before they even made it to the floor. How does NOBODY notice something so suspicous?

I grabbed Scarface for the original Xbox today for $15.50. It wasn't part of the 20% clearance deal though. Anyway, if you have an Xbox and a widescreen HDTV...GET SCARFACE!!!

It runs in 720p widescreen and is the most amazing looking original Xbox game I have ever played. It's not next-generation in terms of detail and polygon quality (in other words it's not Gears of War), but it is a super-clarified, jaggy eliminated, ultra clean upscaled version of 480 resolution Scarface. I'm picky when it comes to visuals, and I'm just shocked and amazed at the detail and draw distance this thing smoothly displays on the old Xbox. Wow.

[quote name='Richard Longfellow']I grabbed Scarface for the original Xbox today for $15.50. It wasn't part of the 20% clearance deal though. Anyway, if you have an Xbox and a widescreen HDTV...GET SCARFACE!!![/quote]

Next time you're there, go back and see if you can't get that extra 20% off. Things ending in 0 or 8 are definitely eligible for the 20% and a few items just plain never worked. They'll have to key it in manually. Also, endings in 7 are technically clearance now too, but I'm not sure if they're elegible for the 20% or not.

Anyone have an opinion on Advent Rising or Aeon Flux? I know they both have c. 67% ratings at gamerankings. My TRU had plenty of both titles last time I checked and I'm wondering if they're worth even the few bucks they're going for now.

There was an in-store coupon pack. I don't have it in front of me, but the $5 off of $25 expired today and the 15% off any one item starts in the morning.

Bought the following last night:

Jade Empire Limited Edition $4
Perfect Dark Ltd Ed $10.38

Was looking earnestly for Final Fantasy III, but I was shut out at both local TRU locations (anyone want to help me ;) )

I did leave a few things behind (just in case anyone was looking for the following); Lumines II, Gunpey DS, Suidoken Tactics (Clovis CA location BTW)

[quote name='Joe Fongul']Bought the following last night:

Jade Empire Limited Edition $4
Perfect Dark Ltd Ed $10.38

Was looking earnestly for Final Fantasy III, but I was shut out at both local TRU locations (anyone want to help me ;) )

I did leave a few things behind (just in case anyone was looking for the following); Lumines II, Gunpey DS, Suidoken Tactics (Clovis CA location BTW)[/quote]

Was your PDZ LE labeled $10.38 or did it scan $10.38?

[quote name='ZerotypeX']Was your PDZ LE labeled $10.38 or did it scan $10.38?[/QUOTE]

It was labeled $12.98. With 20% off it came out to $10.38

I got Tomb Raider Legend for $8.xx on Gamecube.

That sucks the $5 off $25 or more expired today, I was gonna use it. Oh well, I will be taking my business elsewhere for what I wanted then.

bread's done
Back