Android App 10 Days $0.10 Sale (12/06/2011 - 12/15/2011)

Locky

CAG Veteran
10B_D01_US_web.jpg

Google is running a special promo for reaching 10 billion downloads. They've marked down several premium apps to ten cents including a few games and some very useful apps. The current theory is that the apps will change on a daily basis so grab it today if you want anything.

Day 1:

Day 2:

Day 3:

Day 4:

Day Cinco:

Day Six:

Day 7:

Day The Ocho:

Day 9:

Day 10:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Pliskin101']"Android Market" I thought HP has its own operating system called webos or something.[/QUOTE]

I'm planning on putting CM7 version of Android 2.3 onto the device: http://liliputing.com/2011/11/andro...izes-hp-touchpad-nook-tablet-kindle-fire.html

I tried purchasing with my google account, but it won't let me because there are no devices associated with the account. Guess I'll have to wait till Friday :/ Hopefully there will still be some good deals left.

Any reason why these would be showing up at the $.10 price point on the website but not when I pull them up in the market on my phone?

::edit::
Wait, I think I read bmulligan's post wrong the first time. Is he saying that the website updates "on time," but the market on the phone only updates between 11 and 1?

Sweet. Almost bought Train Conductor 2 yesterday, but decided to wait and see if it was part of the 10B promo. Glad I waited. Now I wonder if Fling will hit $0.10 before this is up.

Where's My Water? is a puzzle game sort of like Feed Me Oil or on a lesser note, Cut the Rope. Looks pretty good. Good day for those that missed the first couple of days.

Not sure if it's been priced this way for a long time or not, but Beautiful Widgets seems to be $.10 today too. I was always interested in trying it out since I've heard so many great reviews, but I didn't want to drop a few bucks to get it. $.10 is a solid impulse buy price.

[quote name='mr_bungle']So...haven't kept up with this thread much but can you install these on a Fire?[/QUOTE]

Speaking of the fire I'm buying one next week. Is there a way to buy these apps for now and transfer over?

[quote name='pbnate88']Speaking of the fire I'm buying one next week. Is there a way to buy these apps for now and transfer over?[/QUOTE]

As for getting these apps on the Fire, there are a few options:

1. Amazon has been matching prices on most, if not all of these apps, in the Amazon App Store. If you already have a Fire, you can just buy them there. If you don't have a Fire yet, or any other Android device, you can find a guide on installing the SDK and get a virtual Android device linked with your Amazon account so that you can buy the apps.

2. You can also buy the apps through the Android Market via the web site, android phone, or even the SDK and then root your Kindle Fire to side-load the Market app onto it and install the apps from there (You'll also need to install an alternate home screen, such as Go Launcher EX).

3. Install the Cyanogenmod 7 firmware (mentioned above) on the Kindle Fire and then access the Market.

Note: The Android Market website won't let you purchase anything if you don't have a compatible device linked to your Google account. It also hides apps that it thinks are incompatible when you're view the market from a device. Even with my Fire rooted and the Market installed, it only shows me five of the twelve apps available today. The rest I had to buy on my HTC Incredible, even though I know some of them will work on the Kindle Fire. To transfer any of these over, I'll have to copy the APKs over and install them manually, I guess.

[quote name='dubbfoolio']Thanks for the suggestion. Found the following. Might play around with this when I get home.
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/2186...ndroid-market-in-the-google-android-emulator/[/QUOTE]

When Amazon first started doing the free app of the day, I set up the emulator, installed the app store, and linked it with my girlfriend's Amazon account. She didn't have a smart phone or tablet yet, but we knew she'd get one eventually. Worked like a charm and by the time she got her first Android device, she already had all the free apps up until that point.

The nice thing is that once you install the Amazon app store on the emulator and link your account, you can just buy the apps right off the Amazon web site without ever having to load the emulator again. Same goes for buying apps off the regular Android Market (though, unlike Amazon, Google will push any apps you purchase to the device and automatically install them the next time that device syncs with their servers).

I had to get a refund for some of the games as well since they just won't play on my touchpad.

Also, thanks for the HD Widgets response! Wife bought it and loves it. Might look into it for my touchpad.

Did anyone else notice the change in wording for the 10 Billion Promo? I don't remember exactly when, but I think it's been at least a day.

It used to read:
10 Days of Offers, Top Premium Apps, 10¢ Per App

Now, it reads:
10 Days of Offers, Top Premium Apps, 90% Off
Premium Apps for 10¢, 3 Days left

I'd wager that's why we've been getting so many repeats too, probably quite a few angry letters from app developers in regards to the 10¢ promo. I wonder if Android Market will have 90% off apps for the rest of the promotion period instead.

Edit:
Nevermind this, they changed the graphic again.

[quote name='Gertle627']Wow, looks like nothing for me. Eh, after reading an endorsement for Where's My Water, I guess I'll take a chance for a dime.[/QUOTE]

It's pretty fun, I only played about 5 minutes worth, but I enjoyed what I played, definitely worth 10 cents.

Swiftkey X (back for Round 2)
Sleepy Jack
Deer Hunter 3D
ezPDF Reader
MX Moto
Guns 'n' Glory
Tank Riders
Zenonia
Collapse!
Toddler Tapping Zoo

Computer died so I couldn't do a proper post or edit. I wikified it someone else can fix it.

[quote name='Monroeski']Swiftkey and SlideIT are both $.10 right now. Any suggestions on which is better, assuming either one is worth getting?[/QUOTE]
For 10 cents, does it really matter?

[quote name='Monroeski']Swiftkey and SlideIT are both $.10 right now. Any suggestions on which is better, assuming either one is worth getting?[/QUOTE]

swiftkey and slide it are two completely different beasts. if you are willing two learn a new input method, I like SlideIT better

This sale is addictive. Even though I keep picking up apps I've only really played Sentinel 3 and Game Dev Story. I'll say Sentinel3 and Game Dev Story are my favorites so far.

[quote name='Monroeski']It does when you're trying to not clutter up your apps list.[/QUOTE]

buy, install, try, delete one (or both). no clutter.

[quote name='velvet396']buy, install, try, delete one (or both). no clutter.[/QUOTE]
I'm not talking about the installed list, I'm talking about the list on "my apps" in the marketplace. Haven't seen a way to get rid of those yet.

[quote name='Monroeski']It does when you're trying to not clutter up your apps list.[/QUOTE]

Just put them in a folder.

Saw these have dropped to 10 cents:

Heavy Gunner 3D
Hyper Jump
Majesty: Fantasy Kingdom Sim
Puffle Launch
Shine Runner
Tile Storm HD

[quote name='Gosha']Just put them in a folder.[/QUOTE]
Again, can you do that in the marketplace list, or just in the list of installed programs?

Last day is really good. Going out with a bang. Camera ZOOM is just what I wanted and some very cool games.

Well, it was fun while it lasted. I spent probably $7 and got a bunch of games/apps I'll probably never use. Seriously, between Amazon's FAOTD and this sale, I don't know why I'd ever bother buying games from the Marketplace (except I am eyeing Shadowgun).

I'm really glad that the stuff from Day 9 is still 10 cents. I ignored Zenonia yesterday because I thought I already had it as a free app from Amazon. It turns out I had Zenonia 2.

I just picked up 6 with no issue. On my computer, using the links in the OP not on my phone.

But I loved this sale. I bought a ton of stuff, several of which I will probably never play/use but I already got my money's worth with Game Dev Story & Paper Camera.

[quote name='joeyshadows']Anyone having issues checking out?[/QUOTE]
Yep, I am too. I wanna snag these last deals so I can sleep happy knowing I just downloaded like 50 apps I'll slowly get around to using.

After getting hooked on the demo, I happily paid the $2.50 retail price for Game Dev Story. The CAG in me is very sad right now for missing it at 10 cents, but my reasonable side is elated that the devs got some money for this gem.

in fact, all you CAGs who have been touting this game should consider sending a paypal gift to the devs for christmas. it is the season of giving. BTW i am in no way affiliated with Kairosoft, just a gamer / game retailer who knows where credit is due.

edit: or you could do what i'm considering doing, and buy some of their other awesome games, ie grand prix story. then you both win.

......I had Seen this thread a few times but it never registerd. Now I want to choke myself for missing these deals! Similar city, monecraft, football, ahhhhh!

bread's done
Back