Android App 10 Days $0.10 Sale (12/06/2011 - 12/15/2011)

Locky

CAG Veteran
10B_D01_US_web.jpg

Google is running a special promo for reaching 10 billion downloads. They've marked down several premium apps to ten cents including a few games and some very useful apps. The current theory is that the apps will change on a daily basis so grab it today if you want anything.

Day 1:

Day 2:

Day 3:

Day 4:

Day Cinco:

Day Six:

Day 7:

Day The Ocho:

Day 9:

Day 10:

Last edited by a moderator:
[Qoute ]They won't show up on your device if they're not
compatible with it.[/qoute]

Yeah, I know that. Just surprised its available for single core phone over a duo. Guess it could be that the nexus is vanilla android, with no overlay.

Man, Raging Thunder is ugly and simplistic. Anyone who hasn't bought it, but did get Asphalt and/or NFS, I would recommend staying away from it. Unless you have a young child who would get something out of it, it's not worth a dime.

That's just my opinion though.

I'm a iPhone guy and new to the Android world yay for deals! Bought a Kindle Fire today and have yet to mess with unrooting yet and surprised to see so many games are not Fire supported... Is it because of the Amazon scaled back operating system? I mean this thing can run PSX games how can it not run Age of Zombies???

[quote name='$hady']I'm a iPhone guy and new to the Android world yay for deals! Bought a Kindle Fire today and have yet to mess with unrooting yet and surprised to see so many games are not Fire supported... Is it because of the Amazon scaled back operating system? I mean this thing can run PSX games how can it not run Age of Zombies???[/QUOTE]
Unfortunately it's got much more to do with whether the developer has added your device to its list of supported devices rather than actual playability. I also don't understand why you can't just purchase and download any app from the Market and try it for yourself; if it doesn't work, fine, we can wait for support to be provided, but if it does, what's the harm here? The option should at least be provided.

[quote name='midnightexpress']Unfortunately it's got much more to do with whether the developer has added your device to its list of supported devices rather than actual playability. I also don't understand why you can't just purchase and download any app from the Market and try it for yourself; if it doesn't work, fine, we can wait for support to be provided, but if it does, what's the harm here? The option should at least be provided.[/QUOTE]

For starters, the Kindle Fire does have some weird jankiness to it. I don't pretend to understand why, but developers have to specifically test on the Fire as opposed to other tablets because many issues arise that are exclusive to it.

As for the limiting of devices, it's a liability thing. Both Google and the developer don't want to be liable for untested devices, so they just say "We don't support XYZ." This stops people from leaving 1 star reviews who have untested devices.

Don't get me wrong, it sucks, but it's the only way to keep the rating system balanced.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']For starters, the Kindle Fire does have some weird jankiness to it. I don't pretend to understand why, but developers have to specifically test on the Fire as opposed to other tablets because many issues arise that are exclusive to it.

As for the limiting of devices, it's a liability thing. Both Google and the developer don't want to be liable for untested devices, so they just say "We don't support XYZ." This stops people from leaving 1 star reviews who have untested devices.

Don't get me wrong, it sucks, but it's the only way to keep the rating system balanced.[/QUOTE]

Or you could just not allow people with unsupported devices to leave reviews...

Grrr, really want Sim City, but apparently I can't buy it for either of my phones (LG Optimus/Galaxy SII). I hate the fact that they don't let you buy games for future use.

Already have Doodle Jump, Flight Control and Sound Hound via Amazon Free Apps of the Day. Picked up Beautiful Widgets since I missed it the other day and will wait on Blow Up to see if Amazon matches later. Loving this promo so far!

So, all of these 10 cent transactions has triggered a hold on my credit card.

I am told that credit card thieves like to make multiple, small transactions on a stolen card to make sure it works before using it for a big, fraudulent purchase. A quick call to the credit card company cleared that up!

[quote name='shivan128']how does airport mania compare to flight control?[/QUOTE]

Airport Mania is a time managment-type game while Flight Control is just using your finger to trace a route for the plane to land.

[quote name='cycophuk']Airport Mania is a time managment-type game while Flight Control is just using your finger to trace a route for the plane to land.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I'll have to pick up flight control then!!

How is flight control on Android? The reviews seem to indicate some DRM on the game - is this true? I had it for my iPhone, and would be willing to pick it up for $.10, but not if it's going to be a PITA with DRM and the like.

[quote name='Dalrint']Damn, I wanted the breakout clone. Is there any way to buy something without a device to send it to?[/QUOTE]

Only if Amazon matches it.

Wow good day lots of Kindle Fire apps. Got Doodle Jump, Flight Control, Blow Up, Block Breaker 3 and KO Boxing 2 all for pennies compared to the price of Flight Control which I wanted to have anyway!

Stupid Amazon or whoever is holding this thing back, you can't buy Age of Zombies but I got it last night through a round about and it's perfect on here. Love that damn game...

[quote name='INCyr']How is flight control on Android? The reviews seem to indicate some DRM on the game - is this true? I had it for my iPhone, and would be willing to pick it up for $.10, but not if it's going to be a PITA with DRM and the like.[/QUOTE]

I've had it for a while and have had no problems with it. It plays just like it does on the iPhone.

I am surprised I have not gotten a call from my bank yet.

Otherwise, I think I have purchased every last Fire compatible 10 cent app they have put out there, so far. Hell, the only thing that has stopped me from purchasing more apps is that damn compatible issue.

[quote name='KtMack23']Yes! So glad beautiful widgets is back! I'm buying it now[/QUOTE]

Not trying to be an idiot, but why? I just saw a clock and weather in it. Nothing that really tickled my fancy. Was just wondering why it was so awesome?

[quote name='Vulcan2422']Not trying to be an idiot, but why? I just saw a clock and weather in it. Nothing that really tickled my fancy. Was just wondering why it was so awesome?[/QUOTE]
It's a very customizable widget with many different themes. It's almost a staple to most people's home screen because it is good looking and useful. It's a solid widget. Can't go wrong for ten cents either!

[quote name='Vulcan2422']Not trying to be an idiot, but why? I just saw a clock and weather in it. Nothing that really tickled my fancy. Was just wondering why it was so awesome?[/QUOTE]

It's like the best of htc sense in a more neutral style. Plus It's hard to find good widgets for 10 inch android tablets, especially for 10 cents.

I thought the fiick soccer was like the flick golf. BOY was i WRONG. Loang load times and siemi responsiveness made me get a refund.

Seriously , the load times were longer then 30 seconds. and longer then 10 when quitting out. That is unacceptable.

Anyone who missed out on Game Dev Story should hope for a repeat of that. Or buy it at full price. Ok, thisis CAG - no one's going to do that. But the game is that good. The first time I fired it up to see what it was like, I played for 3 & 1/2 hrs. Then yesterday I played for about 6 hrs. Bout to go for hrs 3 & 4 today while watching RAW.

I do wonder if it'd be as fun playing thru a 2nd time around, though.

[quote name='Hibiki Rush']Meh. Too many repeats. I think the app quality has been decreasing each day.[/QUOTE]

This. Also way too many games and not enough apps. Don't get me wrong cheap games are nice, but I didn't really buy my phone for games. At least everything is so cheap.

awkward side effect of all these 10 cent purchases. my BoA keep the change deductions were huge this week. i put about 15 bucks into my savings account. at least they'll match it at the end of the year :p

[quote name='Gertle627']Anyone who missed out on Game Dev Story should hope for a repeat of that. Or buy it at full price. Ok, thisis CAG - no one's going to do that. But the game is that good. The first time I fired it up to see what it was like, I played for 3 & 1/2 hrs. Then yesterday I played for about 6 hrs. Bout to go for hrs 3 & 4 today while watching RAW.

I do wonder if it'd be as fun playing thru a 2nd time around, though.[/QUOTE]

It is - I've played it constantly since getting it for the .10 and I'm nearing the end of my 2nd playthrough. I'm thinking about buying their other games full price because Game Dev is so much fun. Easily the best phone game I've played.

[quote name='n8littlefield']It is - I've played it constantly since getting it for the .10 and I'm nearing the end of my 2nd playthrough. I'm thinking about buying their other games full price because Game Dev is so much fun. Easily the best phone game I've played.[/QUOTE]I would kill (ok, not kill) to have a version of GDS on the Fire., I think it would be a perfect fit. Love it on my Evo, would love it more on my Fire.

Fire Note: tried side loading it, but without rooting+google dev stuff it won't recognize I've paid for it.

[quote name='spedmunki']Seems like the apps are getting worse over time....day 8 is nothing compared to the first couple of days[/QUOTE]

What are the day 8 deals? The list hasn't been updated yet.

Market hasn't updated yet for me.

Found this list on another site, not sure if its accurate.

"- FlightTrack
- Instant Heart Rate – Pro
- Where’s My Water?
- Train Conductor 2: USA
- HD Widgets

Plus, apparently Sketchbook Mobile, Flick Golf, Shazam Encore, Slide IT Keyboard, Christmas HD have all repeated again"

[quote name='dubbfoolio']Touchpad coming and I'd like to stock up on apps. Is there a way to purchase these then load them onto the Touchpad later? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

"Android Market" I thought HP has its own operating system called webos or something.

bread's done
Back