Android App 10 Days $0.10 Sale (12/06/2011 - 12/15/2011)

Locky

CAG Veteran
10B_D01_US_web.jpg

Google is running a special promo for reaching 10 billion downloads. They've marked down several premium apps to ten cents including a few games and some very useful apps. The current theory is that the apps will change on a daily basis so grab it today if you want anything.

Day 1:

Day 2:

Day 3:

Day 4:

Day Cinco:

Day Six:

Day 7:

Day The Ocho:

Day 9:

Day 10:

Last edited by a moderator:
It won't let me buy anything this morning. How frustrating.

[quote name='Rodster']Need for Speed Shift is still not coming up for me in the Market. I even went to games, then racing and it's not there. Is this a fucking joke? :lol:[/QUOTE]

If it's not 'compatible' with your phone, the market just doesn't show it at all.

[quote name='Rodster']Need for Speed Shift is still not coming up for me in the Market. I even went to games, then racing and it's not there. Is this a fucking joke? :lol:[/QUOTE]

This is the link from SD. There are three different versions. They're basically the same, it's just that each version is compatible with different devices. None of which work with the HP Touchpad, unfortunately for me.

https://market.android.com/search?q=need for speed shift&so=1&c=apps

Except for Paper Camera, (which might be a mistake on Google's part) Amazon has priced matched the games which they also sell.

Shazam Encore
Sentinel 3: Homeworld
Baseball Superstars 2011
Jelly Defense
Farm Frenzy

Last edited by a moderator:
Weird. I got an fraud warning from Amex. Called them and got my card back to normal but I still can't buy anything in the Marketplace. Guess I'll have to call Amex.

[quote name='The End']Except for Paper Camera, (which might be a mistake on Google's part) Amazon has priced matched the games which they also sell.

Shazam Encore
Baseball Superstars 2011
Jelly Defense
Farm Frenzy[/QUOTE]

and Amazon's purchasing system actually works. Thanks for the update. I have $2 in app specific GC, I believe it is their destiny to fulfill all my .10 transactions.

The only one I have to get from the Android market specifically is GDS.

I've got Spirit. It's not a bad buy at all for 10 cents. It's rather like the gameplay of Saturn classic "NiGHTS: Into Dreams" crossed with the graphics and smaller scale of Geometry Wars.

[quote name='Azul_KoolAid']Game Dev Story is a good game at full price let alone $0.10.

Has anyone played Spirit?[/QUOTE]

I'd love to buy either one if they could get their goddamn marketplace running properly. Don't they know they are losing out on as much as $.20 from me! If that doesn't get a team of senior developers on the problem, I don't know what will.

[quote name='The End']Except for Paper Camera, (which might be a mistake on Google's part) Amazon has priced matched the games which they also sell.

Shazam Encore
Baseball Superstars 2011
Jelly Defense
Farm Frenzy[/QUOTE]
Just keep in mind that the Amazon app has to connect every so often so if you're planning on playing these in areas where you don't have service (airplanes, etc.) you might not be able to if you purchase from Amazon.

Anyone know why all my new apps say Starting Download but they won't actually download? They're like stuck in limbo. Anyone else have this happen?

Apparently Android Market has been having some issues this morning. For the most part, I think it's been cleared up.

There's also the chance that your background data sync is off and if it is, it won't download any new data to your phone.

Anyone know what the difference is between Farm Frenzy and Alawar Farm Frenzy?

Because I already have alawar farm frenzy, apparently. Wondering if it's the same game. And yes, ten cents is hardly a risk but I'm curious.

Cool everything worked for me, grabbed Baseball Superstars, Need for Speed, My Beach HD and Game Dev Story. I tried out that STarchart that was on sale the other day last night, that thing is awesome.

[quote name='jedi_sentinel']Anyone know why all my new apps say Starting Download but they won't actually download? They're like stuck in limbo. Anyone else have this happen?[/QUOTE]

That happened to me, I restarted the phone and that didn't help at all. So I went into app settings and cleared the cache and the data rom the Market app and the downloads started working

I wish Game Dev Story was available on the Amazon Market. I'll be getting Sentinel 3 and Baseball Superstars for my Kindle Fire.

[quote name='looploop']I've got Spirit. It's not a bad buy at all for 10 cents. It's rather like the gameplay of Saturn classic "NiGHTS: Into Dreams" crossed with the graphics and smaller scale of Geometry Wars.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for replying, I went ahead and picked it up. I mean it is $0.10 and nothing cost a dime anymore. :???:

[quote name='kitsunisan']Damn market still giving me problems. Could someone go to the sd thread and tell them they can't flip these games?[/QUOTE]

HAAA HAAA HAAA! This should be considered for comment of the year!

[quote name='darkskill']That happened to me, I restarted the phone and that didn't help at all. So I went into app settings and cleared the cache and the data rom the Market app and the downloads started working[/QUOTE]

I also tried a restart with no help. I just let the phone sit and it started about 5 minutes later. I'm glad, I didn't want to have to call and complain. It wouldn't be the money, just the principle.

Anyway, this sale is ridiculous. Most of these games/apps are excellent.

Random question, I never bought an app. How do you get charged, does it go right onto your phone bill?

Game Dev Story has me instantly addicted.

And for that guy who got his AMex card shut down: I've had that happen before. It's because identity thieves usually try several small charges first before they go spending like crazy. I had mine shut down by buying cheap stuff off steam.

I have to use a card as well. I wish you could just get billed on your phone bill though. Then your provider would probably have a lot of additional admin though.

Wish I had seen this thread earlier in the week. Minecraft for 0.10 is baller. I got Tetris and Reckless Getaway

[quote name='KMunley']Random question, I never bought an app. How do you get charged, does it go right onto your phone bill?[/QUOTE]

It can, or you can use your credit card

I searched for Need For Speed Shift on the market website and saw 3 different versions. 2 are from same author and one is compatible with my devices and the other isn't. Anyone knows what's going on? All of them are 10 cents too.

[quote name='KMunley']Random question, I never bought an app. How do you get charged, does it go right onto your phone bill?[/QUOTE]
My purchases get charged to my phone bill, might differ for all cell phone services though (mine is Sprint)

[quote name='DKYang']I searched for Need For Speed Shift on the market website and saw 3 different versions. 2 are from same author and one is compatible with my devices and the other isn't. Anyone knows what's going on? All of them are 10 cents too.[/QUOTE]

Different versions for different devices to ensure compatibility.

[quote name='JohnnyDrama']My purchases get charged to my phone bill, might differ for all cell phone services though (mine is Sprint)[/QUOTE]

I registered my Visa card in Google Wallet and it uses it to buy apps. Simple.

Game Dev Story is fucking great, DEFINITELY get this game regardless of what type of games you like. I never played a game like it before when I got it for my iPod Touch and god damn I am happy I tried it out.

6 for me today. I'm not sure if it's just every so many transactions or what, but I am pretty sure I've been charged $0.01 tax on 2 or 3 of these apps.

Question, there's no reason to pick up Shazam if I got Soundhound, right?

[quote name='Gertle627']Question, there's no reason to pick up Shazam if I got Soundhound, right?[/QUOTE]

I can't speak from personal experience because I haven't tried either yet, but supposedly neither app has a 100% success rate. Apparently some songs that Soundhound misses, Shazam is able to identify and vice versa. If these weren't $0.10, I probably would have just lived with the imperfections of whichever app I had, but for a dime, I figure why the hell not?

bread's done
Back