Android Deals Thread V2

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
The old thread hadn't been updated in quite some time, so I decided to make a new one. If you happen to see a sale not listed in the OP, go ahead and post it and I will be sure it's added. The same goes for anything listed that has expired as most sales have no set time frame, let me know and I will remove expired sales. Thanks!

Google Play
Ongoing Android Game Sales & Specials
King's League: Odyssey - $2.99 $0.99
Waking Mars - $2.99 $1.99
Worms 3 - $4.99 $0.99
Worms 2: Armageddon - $4.99 $0.99 
Infinite Universe - $5.99 $0.99
Alien Breed - $4.99 $0.99

Miscellaneous Android App Sales & Specials
Nothing of note right now...

Amazon Android Appstore
Free-App-Of-The-Day: 10/9
Alphabet Aquarium Vol 1 - Normal price: $1.99

Sales and Specials
Nothing right now...

Other Sales and Promotions
Nothing right now...

Last edited by a moderator:
God damn. Just realized you can't buy Android programs from Amazon without the Amazon app store installed on something. Don't currently have it installed because reasons, but harumph.
You can install and uninstall on a device, if you like (I did this on an old phone with a very small HD). Or, you could get Bluestacks, which runs Android on a PC.

That Empire game looks good. Bummed the Kairosoft soccer game isn't on sale on Amazon, also.

So I bought EMPIRE a day or two ago and had 2007 coins when I bought it, and I look today and I have 2036 coins in my account.

YMMV, but it looks like it's giving 129 coins back, not 30 like it says.

So I bought EMPIRE a day or two ago and had 2007 coins when I bought it, and I look today and I have 2036 coins in my account.

YMMV, but it looks like it's giving 129 coins back, not 30 like it says.
Check the emailed receipt. You may have had some credit left on the account that it used instead of subtracting the 99 coins.

Item Subtotal: 99 Coins

Promotions: -99 Coins

Nope. It gave me back 129 coins.
I know from other threads that reading comprehension isn't your forte, but seriously? Promotions: -99 Coins means you weren't charged for it. You had credit that was applied instead of your coins. That's why it says Grand Total: 0 Coins in bold at the bottom.

I know from other threads that reading comprehension isn't your forte, but seriously? Promotions: -99 Coins means you weren't charged for it. You had credit that was applied instead of your coins. That's why it says Grand Total: 0 Coins in bold at the bottom.
You can say it without being an asshole. I misread it. I thought -99 coins "promotional" meant using those coins was the promotion, and I thought the grand total was how much real money was spent, but I missed that it was talking about coins as well. I don't buy much (besides free apps) on the Amazon appstore, and this is the first time I've even looked at the receipt.

You're perfectly capable of explaining how it worked civilly, don't start out your time on CAG being a jerk. This community is here to help each other out. I pointed out that the coins given back may be glitched on that item because I was trying to do that: Help. I was wrong about it, so explain what happened nicely, not like a douchebag.

That said, it still gave me 29 coins instead of 30, which is odd.

Out There is really good. I recommend it.  It's sort of a random roguelike IN SPACE.

Pretty challenging, however.

I did pick up the free Kids Puzzler today.

Also, to mention if you are a Prime Customer, Amazon started it's Prime Music streaming service yesterday.

Ive read reviews on Out There and will probably pick it up. I mean Amazon and those coins, what else am I gonna do with them?

How does this compare to a game like Star Command? Which was a FAOtD and also one that I havent played either.  All I know is it has good reviews too and one of them has been compared to the mobile version of FTL (Faster than light). Even though Ive mentioned both those game and have read reviews; I havent played any of them.  I just know they involve space and simulation.

Backlogs man, I thought I learned my lesson from XBL.  Xbox 360, Steam, and now my phone.... Its all CAGs fault!

Also its F2P & I'll give it a shot later but:

Metal Slug Defense (Google Play)

A TD game base on Metal Slug, this has to be good right? God I hope so.  Sure I love some Contra back in the day, but Metal slug has always been a favorite of mine in that genre.

Metal Slug Defense (Google Play)

A TD game base on Metal Slug, this has to be good right? God I hope so. Sure I love some Contra back in the day, but Metal slug has always been a favorite of mine in that genre.
Huh. Interesting.

I'm tempted by The Amazing Spider-Man 2 since I have Google Play credit, but I never like Gameloft apps with their paywalls and questionable technical performances.

Star Command is more detailed (and complicated) than Out There. 

Out There is easier to play, has more personality and is just generally more fun. (It does compare similarly to FTL.) Star Command sort of plays like X-Com inside a ship, but with tiny icons and difficult to follow touch commands.

I'm tempted by Out There, but it's listed on the humble store. Don't really want to throw away fake money for something I could buy for pennies on the dollar with real money, right?

Is that Tippy Turtle?  I probably misspelled that...  Anyway, I wanted to point out it's ShadowGUN for $0.99 (as opposed to ShadowRUN - a game I was hoping this post might be about the expansion content of).

How can you tell if an app doesn't have in app purchases? Also can someone please tell me if you can block in app purchases on a Galaxy Note 3?
Usually the apps should state on the product page or at least warn you before installing.

I don't think the app purchase restrictions are device specific, they might be store specific so you might have to turn them off in Amazon or Google or password protect them so they will only be processed if the person knows the password and types it in at time of purchase.

How can you tell if an app doesn't have in app purchases? Also can someone please tell me if you can block in app purchases on a Galaxy Note 3?
In GPlay settings there's an option to ask you for your password every damn time... and I can verify that works... that way you cannot accidentally make IAPs.

Edit: I'm not sure about Amazon IAPs.

In GPlay settings there's an option to ask you for your password every damn time... and I can verify that works... that way you cannot accidentally make IAPs.

Edit: I'm not sure about Amazon IAPs.
Yes, Amazon also has setting which will block in app purchases. Under settings, its the parental controls. You can set it up to use your amazon password or a pin number.

Star Command is on sale on Amazon too... and I can't recommend it enough.

Game Dev Story is another game I recently picked up that I recommend. I want to try some of the other games the company makes but not if their the same shit different setting thing.

Can anyone recommend a kemco game?

Game Dev Story is another game I recently picked up that I recommend. I want to try some of the other games the company makes but not if their the same shit different setting thing.

Game Dev Story is another game I recently picked up that I recommend.

I know this post will be of no help, but ultimately once again shows the flaws of the Amazon app store.

Star command...FAotD

Game Dev Story...FAotD

Kemco games....I have 2, which were, you guessed it FAotD

So hard to spend coins when things become FAotD.

I also have Pocket League Story from the Game Dev Guys (Kairosoft) but havent played it yet. lol yes it was a FAotD too.

As for Kemco games,

Soul Of Deva and Dark Gate are 2 Im looking at, they claim to be on "sale" right now.

The 2 Kemco games I have Eve of the Genesis & Symphony of Eternity are very straightforward old school RPGs. I mean that in a bare bones minimalistic way too. They're ok, but from those experiences it makes it hard for me to not try any other Kemco games unless they're free.

An RPG I do recommend is Doom and Destiny, which was also a FAotD however I had it from a bundle long before that. Its a great tongue in Cheek RPG, also straightforward but the humor keeps you going.

I go to play Simpsons; Tapped Out and all of my progress ( Level 33) is gone. It now plays as if I started the game for the first time. Is anyone else having the same problem?

I be careful buying the games from DVS. Their newer games are ONLINE ONLY GAMES. Meaning if you dont have wi fi you cant play them . And about Free game of the day. Yea they might been there once but what was that years ago

[quote name="Cage017" post="11847324" timestamp="1402955824"]I go to play Simpsons; Tapped Out and all of my progress ( Level 33) is gone. It now plays as if I started the game for the first time. Is anyone else having the same problem?[/quote]

Make sure you are still logged into your profile at the splash screen. I've run into that a few times myself. You can also try a fresh install, or clearing the game cache.

The weird thing is I'm still getting updates when one of my tasks is completed. Yet when I click on the update, it brings me right back to the intro video.

Never did sign up for Origin so that's probably why it's gone. Yet I'm still getting updated messages.

dark gate sucks i mean you dont fight  (the  AI does it for you)      i had 15 bucks in  promo credit so i had to find something to spend it on.

I really liked Symphony of Eternity. Definitely feels like an old school RPG, though it isn't especially tricky or grindy.
Ick, no. It was totally dull. you can set all the combat to auto and only have to fight the bosses by spamming potions and your special attacks.

I've never seen the appeal of any of those "X Story" games either. I tried playing Game Dev and couldnt figure out what was going on. Icons were too tiny and there didnt seem to be enough specific tasks to point me in the right direction.

I tried playing Game Dev and couldnt figure out what was going on. Icons were too tiny and there didnt seem to be enough specific tasks to point me in the right direction.
Issue is with Game Dev story is that there's no real tutorial when you start out. It takes 1 full game before you have a better idea of what to do. You'll know when you get to that point because although there is no real end you'll run out of new consoles to develop for.

The second time around I breezed by, I knew who to hire, who to train, and what games to develop for which consoles. It almost was like it was on autopilot. So it was fun for a little while but after getting multiple game awards and creating sequels you just get bored of it. I never got to the point of making my own console however.

If thats any hint at the other X story games then I guess Id pass. Might as well just play tiny death star or something.

So thats a vote of no for Dark Gate then? I guess I need to actually start Final Fantasy 4 or finish Doom & Destiny instead.

Oh and Im having more fun with Family Guy than I did with Simpsons. Which is weird since they're practically the same game. I have my game saved on Google+ which may be an issue. I think I lost my simpsons save data a couple times so I lost interest.

Kinda wish I had more app store credit/coins. Amazon's sinister plan of giving away the pile of credit sort of worked in that there are now more programs I'd like to pick up, but it didn't work enough to make me want to spend actual money. Even after all this I barely do anything with it.

bread's done
Back