Android games ongoing sales.

I unrooted my G1 because it started having issues and upgrading was being a pain.

Robo Defense I enjoyed. There's also a JRPG called Dungeon Wonders or something like that. Dungeon is definitely in the name. Anyway it was good for some kicks but sadly development on it has stopped. I sympathize, because I was about 40% done making a strategy RPG for Android myself before my 3D modeller had to bail out and I rapidly lost interest.

Also, there are utilities free for download that allow you to use the SD card for application data. And if you're filling up all your internal memory, it's probably time to remove some applications anyway.

Nexus One is my first ever android phone i'll check the games mentioned in this thread
wink.gif

[quote name='csidegamer']I've read that the G1 will not as it doesn't have the memory to run the 2.0 or higher kernel?
I hope you are right tho.[/QUOTE]

No it will also be getting a different version of 2.1 and it will most likely require a memory wipe in order to get it. That is odd someone ninja deleted my posts oh well.

G1 here. My favorite games - all of which are free - are:

Tetrads (roller ball controls are slick with that game)
Abduction (good for little kids)
Robo Defence (Fantastic tower D)
Pac-Man
solitare

[quote name='BattleChicken']G1 here. My favorite games - all of which are free - are:

Tetrads (roller ball controls are slick with that game)
Abduction (good for little kids)
Robo Defence (Fantastic tower D)
Pac-Man
solitare[/QUOTE]

Pac Man??? I didn't know that was on this phone. I'll have to check that out. I find myself wasting time with those simple Star Wars or Up or Madagascar puzzles. And, I dl'd Jewels and that's a pretty fun Bejeweled ripoff.

For the Final Fantasy fans, download triple triad. It's pretty fun.

[quote name='jam3d']SNESoid - (great emulator for RPG's, find that these are the best games for a phone)[/QUOTE]
Holy crap, I had no idea this existed. Now I'll get even less done at work! Thanks for bringing it to my attention (I installed NESoid as well).

For any old folk like me, Twisty is an excellent z-machine interpreter for playing Infocom games, and will be even better when the next update is released that allows for .z8 files to be played.

Not sure if it is a sale or if it just has less then the iphone version but Drop 7 is free on the marketplace. I use to play the demo on the iphone a lot and this version seems just as good. It is 3 dollars on the iphone.

[quote name='Treythalomew']Not sure if it is a sale or if it just has less then the iphone version but Drop 7 is free on the marketplace. I use to play the demo on the iphone a lot and this version seems just as good. It is 3 dollars on the iphone.[/QUOTE]

i believe this just came out as it was under 1000 downloads this morning when i grabbed it. great game.

In case you guys didn't know, Google has said that apps2sd will be in a future update. Hopefully this year, which will be more than likely. And Google is giving away free phones for devs that show up to some kind of conference, can't remember which one, but its a gaming thing so they are really going for gaming right now. All Android phones will be getting Android 2.0 or 2.1, but they will cut down some of the features. And Flash is coming for Droid, and Nexus One hopefully by next month.

[quote name='bigant262']In case you guys didn't know, Google has said that apps2sd will be in a future update. Hopefully this year, which will be more than likely. And Google is giving away free phones for devs that show up to some kind of conference, can't remember which one, but its a gaming thing so they are really going for gaming right now. All Android phones will be getting Android 2.0 or 2.1, but they will cut down some of the features. And Flash is coming for Droid, and Nexus One hopefully by next month.[/QUOTE]

ahh nice.. if apps can be installed/moved to the SD, perhaps the G1 can get the 2.1 update.

[quote name='BattleChicken']ahh nice.. if apps can be installed/moved to the SD, perhaps the G1 can get the 2.1 update.[/QUOTE]
Yup, G1 is getting 2.0 or 2.1, but its not gonna have some of the stuff that Nexus has. Like live wallpapers for example.

Got a Droid, been disappointed with the games it offers...

Yes, Drop7 JUST showed up on the marketplace. I've heard good things, and have been checking weekly. Let's see how good this is...

Got the Telus Motorola Milestone just 9 days ago through an Ebay seller. Love the phone, but find TV.com's videos aren't high enough resolution to look good on a Droid or Milestone. Saw the post about the new AT&T phone, and it mentions MobileTV. Would LOVE to know if that looks better, and if there is any way to get that app on my Milestone.

[quote name='RiCeBo1']No love for the HTC Hero? I wish the Supersonic was out already, but I can't wait so I had to settle with the Hero with only 512mhz...I want that Snapdragon![/QUOTE]

Well, there have been some Eris mentions, which I suppose is close enough. But yup, I have the Hero. I like it a lot. Like you, I'm anxious for the Supersonic or for the Nexus One to make it's way to Sprint. But at this point, I suppose I'd be happy for 2.1 coming out soon :)

Lots of great suggestions in this thread. I don't use my phone to game a whole lot, but I've played Jewels when I do. I've since tried out Abduction, and am going to try out Parallel Kingdoms.

[quote name='Treythalomew']Not sure if it is a sale or if it just has less then the iphone version but Drop 7 is free on the marketplace. I use to play the demo on the iphone a lot and this version seems just as good. It is 3 dollars on the iphone.[/QUOTE]

Awesome! I loved that game on my iPT.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']Triple Triad just crashes the whole time!! Can anyone get it to work?[/QUOTE]

I have a Motocliq, and the game doesn't crash for me, but it's unplayable since for some strange reason I can't get any blocks into the far left column.

Although it's already been mentioned in this thread, I just want to second how awesome Robo Defense is, also while not completely a game, World of Photo is a ton of fun, you trade pictures with random people.

I have a Droid (verizon) rooted to bugless beast 0.9. I love the damn thing. I like baseball homerun 3d or whatever its called and jewelust the most game wise. Asphalt 5 is also pretty good. I have my droid overclocked to 800mhz at all times cept sleep mode (250 then) and 1ghz during charging. Phone is incredible and i made my cousins who all have iphones jealous when i showed them how fast it is and how much i can do with it.

I just got a Droid a couple weeks ago, really happy with it. Probably going to be rooting it soon. Does overclocking it have any adverse affects? I'm guessing it shortens the cpu life, but I doubt I'll have this more than 2 years anyway, and I doubt the cpu would die before then... right?

Anyway, awesome phone. (This should be an all around android marketplace discussion instead of just games - would love to see what people have!)

[quote name='chimpster1313']Slightly off topic as far as games are concerned, but does anyone have any good recommendations for the live wallpapers they just added?[/QUOTE]

I use the Earth one that spins. Only use it when I want to show off since it kills the battery life! Using Nexus One by the way

[quote name='chimpster1313']Slightly off topic as far as games are concerned, but does anyone have any good recommendations for the live wallpapers they just added?[/QUOTE]

Best. Live wallpaper. ever.
http://www.androlib.com/android.application.com-geteit-android-wobble-wallpaper-npxj.aspx
lol I just tried the demo, but I might get the full version to import Lara Croft or some of the DoA girls. j/k :)

The Wave Live Wallpaper is pretty cool, too
http://www.androlib.com/android.application.com-labgency-wallpapers-waves-wEzA.aspx

As for games Puzzle Attack is awesome, yet hard at the same time. You have 2 moves to clear all the blocks on the screen, and there are like 5000 puzzles. and it's free :)
http://www.androlib.com/android.application.biz-mtoy-puzzleattack-xAiC.aspx

Another neat app is AppAware, which tells you what other apps users are downloading in real time and shows popular apps, etc.
http://www.androlib.com/android.application.org-appaware-izpt.aspx

I'm using Moto Droid, BTW.

And for what it's worth... I run a blog that specializes in Android Game Reviews called MeAndMyDroid.com if anyone is interested. I've been reviewing games there for about 5 months now.

- Thanks, Alan

[quote name='Fire_Thief']Replica Island.[/QUOTE]

This game is really good. I mean, for a phone game. But its an open source community made side scroller. Lots of fun. Works great on the droid. Definitely my bathroom game of choice right now. Sorry for the TMI.

Did all the droid users get the 2.1 update yet? Flashed mine manually, but it is rock solid. Seems to run a little smoother graphically.

[quote name='jam3d']This game is really good. I mean, for a phone game. But its an open source community made side scroller. Lots of fun. Works great on the droid. Definitely my bathroom game of choice right now. Sorry for the TMI.

Did all the droid users get the 2.1 update yet? Flashed mine manually, but it is rock solid. Seems to run a little smoother graphically.[/QUOTE]

My wife and I got 2.1 last week but on both phones I noticed Google Earth was not available in the market place until i did an factory reset on the phone. Not sure why. Good thing google keps track of all my apps and auto installed them again after the reset.

LogicPic - I've played nothing but this game since I bought it (only .99)
YzFree - Free yahtzee clone; used to be most played game before LogicPic

Games that I loved the demo but haven't actually bought yet: Bonsai Blast, Jewellust (and the Xmas version), Shoot U!

BTW, Zebra Paint is great for the kids if you don't mind grubby little fingers on your phone.

I'm ordering my Droid tomorrow (hoping to see it by Friday or Monday), so I'm looking forward to checking out the suggestions in this thread :)

I dunno if its just me but World War is the game I play most on my Eris. HM to Replica Island

Drop 7 is available on Android Market for $3. Works on Droid for sure. Finally!

I'm hoping Plants v. Zombies eventually makes it as well.

I've tried some more games lately, some from suggestions in this thread, and here's my conclusions.

Definite Keeper Games:
Blow Up
Drop (free)
Flight Director
Flood-it! (free)
Paper Toss (free)
Shoot U!
Note: Camel Games makes 3 of these, so you should just check out all of their stuff.

Games I kind of like but need more time to decide:
Archipelago
Hyperspace
Fire Helicopter (good dev that also makes Gem Miner, Abduction! and Milky Milky)

There are some games that I've heard good things about that I can't find in Marketplace, probably cause I'm on 1.5 (for now): Infecct, Flight Frenzy Deluxe, Heli Rescue.

I got Wixel last night (boggle type game) and I really liked it, very polished. Going to buy the pay-version to play online. Too bad all my friends have iphones and not android phones :p

I've been addicted to World War. It's a free Mafia-type turn-based resource game.
If anyone plays this you should Recruit me or join my Alliance.
Alliance Code: 6QVJ7V

Go German, ground units are so full of win!

[quote name='carpwrist']I've been addicted to World War. It's a free Mafia-type turn-based resource game.
If anyone plays this you should Recruit me or join my Alliance.
Alliance Code: 6QVJ7V

Go German, ground units are so full of win![/QUOTE]

I have been playing ww as well but if I ally with people is their danger to my money or units?

I had an iphone from june 2007 to Feb. 2010. it was cool at first, but I enjoy my N1 a lot more than I ever did with the iphone.

bread's done
Back