Animal Crossing: City Folk - Gen. Discussion and info

I haven't seen Kicks yet. I realized last night after playing for a while that Nook's was closed, and realized my system clock is off by an hour or so.

I'm going to fix it tonight- maybe i'll see some bugs that are locusts/crickets.

[quote name='ArthurDigbySellers']Nook keeps offering a fishing pole, watering can, and net every damn day. I need a shovel motherfucker![/quote]

I was able to grab the shovel, fishing pole, net on the first day. Got the water can today. Now i just need an axe.

[quote name='The 7th Number']I was able to grab the shovel, fishing pole, net on the first day. Got the water can today. Now i just need an axe.[/quote]

No love for the slingshot? I've seen a good 10 balloons floating around. They're just teasing me because nook won't stock a damn slingshot.

[quote name='Dingleberry']No love for the slingshot? I've seen a good 10 balloons floating around. They're just teasing me because nook won't stock a damn slingshot.[/quote]

Ahh so thats why the package didnt land in a tree. I didnt know there was a sling shot.

PS. No golden gound areas to dig up anymore?

[quote name='io']I think she means you can only have one town on a given Wii and each player has to share that town. Luckily it worked out in my family because the 3 kids and I all want to play and there's just enough spots for all of us. It does make for pretty short play sessions unless I go online, though, as they tend to snap up all the good stuff before I get to it in the late evening :lol:.[/quote]

Ahh, I see. Thanks for clearing that up, io. Shouldn't be too big of a problem for me, since no one else bothers to play the Wii in my household.

My biggest gripe is the closing times of Nooks. I typically don't play until late night and early morning. I hate to time travel, but it looks like I will have to.

First day I played was after 10PM, so as soon as I did my part time job, he closed up shop. I had nothing.

[quote name='ArthurDigbySellers']Well I've got a net and you have a shovel. Let's work this out![/QUOTE]

I never got your FC. Also, my gates are open so bring the net and I'll pay you :)

Also, please don't dig near my house. I'm trying to get the golden shovel.

Edit: Nevermind, got your FC.

Suko you can use his catalog to order another net.

What really sucks is that my bro will most likely take every one of the fruit, garbage items, and booker items. Leaving me to fish and try to fend off. While he buys everything in Tom Nooks lol.

I still need a net, ax, and slingshot. Nook still only had a fishing pole, watering pot, and shovel this morning. :bomb: If items do indeed show up in your catalog, I would like to hook up with someone who has a net, and people are welcome to come and catalog my shovel. I should be around briefly for about an hour at 6pm CST tonight, then sometime after.

And please don't dig near my Tom Nook's as well, I have a shovel buried there.

[quote name='Droenixjpn']Suko you can use his catalog to order another net.

What really sucks is that my bro will most likely take every one of the fruit, garbage items, and booker items. Leaving me to fish and try to fend off. While he buys everything in Tom Nooks lol.[/quote]

It's ok...my girlfriends stays home all day and is living her second life in Animal Crossing. I think she's cheating on me with an octopus.

I don't get to donate anything.
I don't get to buy anything.
I don't get to find anything.

It sucks.

Crap!! I think we lost everything from that disconnect!

EDIT: Apparently not. I still have the shovel I got from Suko's town but it says I have a migratory locust instead of a mantis which is...strange.

added everyone in the Op and left my gates open for a bit. Really digging this game, the innocent charm of it is very addicting.

ill be adding everyone in the op when i get home.

can anyone buy me a watering can and axe today? i can come by and pick it up around 9pm pacific when i get home. my store hasnt had either for 3 days!

[quote name='Strell']I haz extra watering can.[/QUOTE]

who wants to have bring an axe and have a party in strells town pants tonight

[quote name='Bavgate']Share towns? Can you elaborate on that? I'm not sure I understand what that means.

Besides that, thanks for the input Beccaree. Much appreciated.[/quote]

You can only have one town/one file per game. 4 people can live in one town.

[quote name='Strell']I haz extra watering can.[/QUOTE]

One of the CAGs in my town last night bought the only watering can Nook had (I should have said somethig - my fault)... Oh well, I'll get one later.

Maybe I'll try to get on a bit earlier to meet up with more people. By the time I gained control of the Wii and had nothing else to deal with it was midnight Pacific and no one was on...

[quote name='qwikstreet']
My biggest gripe is the closing times of Nooks. I typically don't play until late night and early morning. I hate to time travel, but it looks like I will have to.

First day I played was after 10PM, so as soon as I did my part time job, he closed up shop. I had nothing. [/quote]

I have the same problem. But you don't really need to "time travel" to fix that. Just, one time, set up your Animal Crossing clock to be a few hours behind the system clock (Rover will do that for you on startup for those who don't know). So yeah, you have to make one adjustment, but from then you can have it be 7 or 8pm in game when you start at 10pm real time. And if you make that initial adjustment before you start for the day you really aren't going back in time or anything - just starting that day off a bit earlier than it would have been. What's nice about this is that you don't have to fuss with your system clock to make this change since AC has it's own internal offset from the system clock.

i was really hoping that the houses would have 5 rooms like they do in WW. i understand that 1 room was for each player and the common room, but it was nice to have lots of decorating going on. only having 3 rooms, even if one is the larger basement, is sad.

[quote name='io']One of the CAGs in my town last night bought the only watering can Nook had (I should have said somethig - my fault)... Oh well, I'll get one later.[/quote]
That was me :oops:. I asked and no one said anything so I just took it :lol:

No worries though, there's one at my Nook's. I'll buy it just in case I run into any of you guys today. Has anyone found a slingshot yet?
-

I've registered everyone who's posted their code so far. Just add me if you want to play.

Wait - not a net, my bad, but a watering can.

edit: Also, anyone want a Mush Lamp? I got another one, I'll trade for another Mush furniture piece, if anyone wants a lamp.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Dingleberry']It's ok...my girlfriends stays home all day and is living her second life in Animal Crossing. I think she's cheating on me with an octopus.

I don't get to donate anything.
I don't get to buy anything.
I don't get to find anything.

It sucks.[/QUOTE]
Break up with her. Or leave a sign outside her house that says whore. :rofl:

OP UPDATED: ArthurDigbySellers through dmunkee.

To be added to the OP soon: Due to the recent spike in posts on this thread (for obvious reasons), you are still allowed to post in this thread your FCs and such, but TO BE ADDED TO THE OP, YOU MUST PM ME IN THE FORMAT. Sorry for caps, I just wanna make it clear that organization is key, and it would really help me out if you guys could follow this rule. Thank you.

[quote name='Daisydog']*brag*
Caught a bee! :whee:[/QUOTE]

i got stung 3 times trying to catch one today. on the last one, i accidently switched to the shovel, and then to the net. and i did a hard swing directly to the ground in the opposite direction of the bees. and then the swarm came and it was all over.

but congrats to you. i'll just have to try again tomorrow.

Anyone wanna ....meet up and ya know.. "GO FISHING"? :cool:

Actually, I'm going to open my gates now. Bring lube!
I have many people registered, so ya'll should be able to come over!

BRING TOWN WARMING PRESENTS!!

i count 64 spaces for both bugs and fish. i checked, and wild world had 56 fish and 56 bugs.

i don't know how it could happen, but i'd love to have a cag non-cheaters wiki page. where we could list what we are catching. but i don't know if people are as into tracking what they get as i am.

What a great threesome last night Strell and lilboo. Lilboo, as soon as that bitch Nook is selling some bigger beds I'll try to hook you up. Maybe we can get a foursome going at some point. If you connect multiple beds you can roll from one to the other. :cool:
RUU_0003.jpg

Fortunately, after like two hours:roll: of fishing, I have regained what I had before the disconnect:
RUU_0004.jpg

Halfway to paying off my first upgrade. :cool:

To Strell and whoever else was in there this evening when I was there, all I have to say is:

#-o followed by :oops:

...but at least I know Wii Speak works!

[quote name='io']To Strell and whoever else was in there this evening when I was there, all I have to say is:

...but at least I know Wii Speak works![/quote]

lol

[quote name='io']To Strell and whoever else was in there this evening when I was there, all I have to say is:

...but at least I know Wii Speak works![/quote]
Oh? What happened? Inquiring minds want to know!

(Also those of us with Wii Speak should get together sometime because it's kind of lonely being the only one with sound in a town full of keyboards. :()

true and kinda funny story, given the game...

i have the animal crossing disc sitting in my wii right now. i just did the system update out of the button in the wii message board. when it was finished updating, and it took me back to the wii menu... and the disc channel was telling me that i had a gamecube game in. i tried to run it and it gave me a disc error, but still kinda funny that, at first, even the wii thought this was just the gamecube game.

bread's done
Back