Animal Crossing: City Folk - Gen. Discussion and info

[quote name='lilboo']HEY EVERYONE! :)
My BF just got back from Target! There's a Logitech CORDLESS keyboard/mouse combo for $15!!! It's normally $30.

Cordless keyboard for $15 =

[quote name='Strell']I guess I don't fully see the difference in WS vs headset. I remember many CoD4 sessions with background noise, people being dicks, and loud music polluting my gamez. I guess WS exacerbates it a bit, but I also think people are majorly overestimating the effectiveness of a headset.

But eh, I'll have to actually test my WS soon to find that out.[/quote]

I think they are talking about wii speak/headset vs keyboard, not wii speak vs headset. The point being is that mics make it too much like COD4 for example, taking some of the charm away.

I haven't heard someone using a mic yet while playing AC, so I can't comment on how I feel about it personally.

I still have to do some shit for Nook and then I will be posting my FC later on.

Wow, thanks for the heads up lilboo.

My wireless keyboard crapped out a couple weeks ago and was going to use a wired one.

Time to throw both away.
And it's available everywhere around here. :)

[quote name='dallow']Oh wow, finally, people of color in the AC world!

Using a Mii mask changes the skin tone to match.[/quote]

Someone never took a long vacation on the island in the GC version.

I added everyone. Im gonna eat dinner (UGH WASTE OF TIME!!!!)..then hop on.
..Anyone have a Nook's Cranny selling a shovel they DON'T need? :whistle2:k

Let me know. I need to come buy one. THAAAANKS!

[quote name='Dingleberry']Someone never took a long vacation on the island in the GC version.[/quote]
Ohhhhh yeah.

Haha. I so remember hooking up my little gba.

[quote name='lilboo']I think Wii Speak kinda ruins the feel and charm of Animal Crossing.
When the 4 of us were sitting around the typing and the text bubbles would pop up...it was simply awesome. Hilarious, actually!

I think because of this, I will never get Wii Speak. Unless it's like $10 and by then there are other games that support it..but still..[/QUOTE]

Well, I somewhat agree, though I bought the bundle anyway. I gots oodles of GS credit so I figured I might as well go for it.

My problem will be that either I'll be surrounded by noise if I play early (and my kids are around) or I'll have to be real quiet if I play late (and everyone is sleeping). So I'm not sure how effective it will be. One thing I can tell you for sure, though, I DETEST "typing" with the Wii remote. I could type pretty fast with the DS stylus. Why the hell didn't they allow for hooking up a DS to use for typing and possibly inventory control? That would have been awesome.

So, yeah, I know I could get a USB keyboard but it would have to be wireless. I guess I'll look into this $15 one everyone is talking about. I just really don't need any more plastic crap around my house! :lol:

Anyway, if I manage to get into any games with the kids around and the Wii Speak hooked up you guys will get quite a treat - it will definitely break the illusion that my CAG avatar might have created in your mind ;).

It's on bitches.
Doomed
2578-6618-2080
Andy
Summers
Cherries

[quote name='lilboo']I added everyone. Im gonna eat dinner (UGH WASTE OF TIME!!!!)..then hop on.
..Anyone have a Nook's Cranny selling a shovel they DON'T need? :whistle2:k

Let me know. I need to come buy one. THAAAANKS![/quote]
I think so. No I don't. Either way, I'ma going online tonight.

I'd like to add some more about the WiiSpeak mic that I thought people would like to know - I don't know about the audio quality of it (since I can't hear myself talk, maybe I need to fiddle with the options more!) but I did find it really light and I discovered that it the cable was too short to stretch across the living from the TV to couch, which I say would be somewhere around 6'-7' (I'm not good at guessing lengths). Of course, I was trying to stretch it across the side of the room than having it lie directly between me and the TV, only because I didn't want anyone (or me) to trip over the wire.

This made me realize the second thing, that the WiiSpeak peripheral is really, really light. It has those sticky feet tabs on the bottom, but I hardly ever use them since I'm always moving the stuff around than fixing them in one place. This was kind of a problem, since I had stretched the cord to the limit, but since the WiiSpeak was so light, it'd slide off whatever surface I had placed it on and the cord would pull it back. I ended up tucking it against another cord so it would stay in place.

Yeah, there are also two other mushrooms, one which sells for 10k bells, and you have the random chance of picking up a mushroom which would be a piece of furniture from the Mush set, which you can get only this month and sells for 9,999 bells, I think.

I'm such a nerd. orz

I don't think I'll be able to play much tonight, I work until 9 and it takes me about 40 minutes to get home. :(

:whistle2:k Is there a set on how many mushrooms there are a day?

--
Blue, I'm trying to go to your town but it's taking, like, FOREVER!!!!

I really don't know, the trees can be annoying, as they block a lot of the view. It's just like fishing, I try to fish and I can't see the fish when it gets in front of me. Or some stupid fish won't let me catch it as it goes near a Bridge and goes into the stone frame of it....

I'm just filling up the museum with fish I catch, and if they aren't new just sell them to Tom nook for profits.

My brother will be cutting down on my profit making as he plays and basically raids the dumpster, and Booker(right name?)'s storage. He likes to shake the trees as well a lot, and buy nearly all of Tom Nook's furniture and items... Thank god for fish and bugs... However I wake up earlier then him for school, so I can go on then and get all the items and then come back home from school then sell them, muahaha.

Also another thing I wish the developers would've added a Local Play multiplayer as it would allow for a family without a router to play with eachother while in the town doing things together. It'd be really cool. All we can do is hope and pray for the next installment to do this.

Does he have the gate open? I'd love to go on with you guys, but we currently don't have a Router hopefully we'll get one eventually.

:lol: Yeah! His gate is open! He has another person IN there!...when I choose to go in it stays on "Submitting an inquiry to Plains...Please wait a moment..."

Then that goes for about 5 minutes and Copper is like "UHHH, I dunno what happened.....wanna try again?"

fuck! With a silent 4! One second my router works, the next it doesn't! :bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb:

I'll try and hop on before like 10PM EST, but the only thing I can do is hope and mess with my router. :roll:

I don't understand this. :whistle2:k

I am able to look for someone's gates to be open, but I can't get in someone's town? I am trying someone else and it's doing the same thing...:wall:

..WTF?

It really came in today! Not bad for shipping on Friday/Saturday :bouncy:

I played up until I got my friend code:
FC: 2449-8128-4797
Name: Janet
Town: Texas
Fruit: Pears

I really like my face, and my town layout will take some getting used to but it's fine. I haven't visited the city yet but I did buy a rod, net and shovel.
I like my villagers too. I have a dog, Walker. And two horses. I even have Elvis, the lion with a scar on his face. He doesn't have his thrones though, just two regal chairs :lol:

I have to eat dinner and then watch my shows, so I won't be online until 9PM central. I've written down everyone's info from the first post and I will register all of you when I play later tonight.
-
Registered everyone who's posted their code so far.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='lilboo']:lol: Yeah! His gate is open! He has another person IN there!...when I choose to go in it stays on "Submitting an inquiry to Plains...Please wait a moment..."

Then that goes for about 5 minutes and Copper is like "UHHH, I dunno what happened.....wanna try again?"[/QUOTE]

Yeah, not sure what's going on. suko has been here for a while.

I could always bring the shovel to you if all else fails, no?

Finally got my friends code.

FC: 0173-4802-0025
Name: Nick
Town: Yojiland
Fruit: Peach

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='BlueLobstah']Yeah, not sure what's going on. suko has been here for a while.

I could always bring the shovel to you if all else fails, no?[/QUOTE]

Good idea!
Opening my gates now :cool:

I shall have money (and lovin) waiting for you. :grouphug:

[quote name='Daisydog']It really came in today! Not bad for shipping on Saturday :bouncy:

I played up until I got my friend code:

I really like my face, and my town layout will take some getting used to but it's fine. I haven't visited the city yet but I did buy a rod, net and shovel.
I like my villagers too. I have a dog, Walker. And two horses. I even have Elvis, the lion with a scar on his face. He doesn't have his thrones though, just two regal chairs :lol:

I have to eat dinner and then watch my shows, so I won't be online until 9PM central.
-
I've written down everyone's info from the first post and I will register all of you when I play later tonight.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='homeland']Finally got my friends code.

FC: 0173-4802-0025
Town: Yojiland
Fruit: ???? don't know yet!

how do you know what fruit you have?[/QUOTE]

I added these whores :cool:

[quote name='lilboo']Good idea!
Opening my gates now :cool:

I shall have money (and lovin) waiting for you. :grouphug:[/QUOTE]

Well, suko is still here so I mailed it.

First class, UPS with DC but the post office didn't give me a DC#.

I don't know how long this will take so uh... check your mailbox periodically?

Well i made a town. Wanted to name it New Cameron, since my GC town was called Cameron, but it only allows 8 letters! So i went with Edenia, as in the Mortal Kombat realm. LOL.

I like it so far, im still getting used to the new view. It might be harder to find the X spots and money stones since the camera doesnt switch for each square of land like it did in the GC version.

Its cool that you dont have to send the fossils out in a letter to find out what they are, i just gave em to the museum guy and he told me what they were.

Damn i forgot to try out the screen shot option. Ill try that tomorrow unless i forget.

Same, I'm getting a 80430 error.

I think I'm going to eat dinner and watch Heroes, but I'm going to leave my gates open for anyone that wants to visit.

I registered these people..

2578-6618-2080
Andy
Summers
Cherries

Hope to see you guys later tonight ;)

Lol I believe this game's online is probably the same as the DS. At least I hope so. Maybe a firewall is blocking the Wii connection or something.

Hmm I have no clue then really lilboo. :p It could be a many number of reasons, I don't know if others are having problems connecting to other people, but if they are then maybe the network is down or something.

All I know is I wish I could join you guys in this epic online travelling.

Fish
Bitterling - River - All Day
Pale Chub - River - Day
Crucian Carp - River - All Day
Dace - River - Night and Morning/Evening
Barbel Steed - River - All Day
Carp - River -All Day
Koi - River - Night and Morning/Evening
Goldfish - River - All Day
Popeyed Goldfish - River - Day
Freshwater Goby - River - Night and Morning/Evening
Bluegill - River - Day
Yellow Perch - River - All Day
Black Bass - River - All Day
Pike - River - Morning/Evening and Day
Cherry Salmon - River - Morning/Evening and Day*
Char - Waterfall - Morning/Evening and Day*
Rainbow Trout - River - Morning/Evening and Day*
Guppy - River - Day*
Neon Tetra - River - Day*
Sea Horse - Sea - All Day*
Zebra Turkeyfish - Sea - All Day*
Horse Mackerel - Sea - All Day
Barred Knifejaw - Sea - All Day*
Sea Bass - Sea - All Day
Red Snapper - Sea - All Day
Dab - Sea - All Day
Olive Flounder - Sea - All Day
Octopus - Sea - All Day
Lobster - Sea - All Day
Football Fish - Sea - Night and Morning/Evening
Tuna - Sea - All Day
Coelacanth - Sea - Night and Morning/Evening when raining
Ray - Sea - Day and Night

*Leaving next month.

Yeah... I've been trying to catch as much fish for the Museum as I can. You know what's funny is you can time travel, and get all the fish pretty much probably within a day or two. Lol Some fish though are very rare.

bread's done
Back