Animal Crossing: City Folk - Gen. Discussion and info

I actually need to spend some time away, but I'll leave my Wii on and gates open. I've got Suko's, Blue's, and lilboo's FCs registered.

I have oranges. I would like to visit a town who has been well traveled and rich with all the fruit (lilboo's amirite?). We will then rejoice with the slicing of the fruit and commence tossing the salad.

So what happens if I transfer DS data? Will I get lots of bells to turn my beach house into a baaaalin' beach house?

[quote name='CouRageouS']
So what happens if I transfer DS data? Will I get lots of bells to turn my beach house into a baaaalin' beach house?[/quote]

You get to skip the personality quiz at the beginning of the game, and your catalog at nook's store is transferred into the game. No money transfer, no items. I was kind of sad about it. I have seen a couple of times when the game has referenced that i played AC:WW.

according to gonintendo- you can get your ribbons (from donation), and you can transfer over some of the nintendo items- like the master sword, arwing, etc (not the mario furniture set).

lilboo's was the biggest. :(

ac3.jpg

:rofl:

I had so much fun playing with you guys tonight.
Sitting around the table in the coffee shop was hilarious.

ADDICTION IS BACK!!!
Mmmm. :whee:

I'll post pics tomorrow of today's events.
LMAO, there should be like a MySpace for this stuff.. "LoL! PiCz of Us SiTtin at Bro0STERz!1!!"

G'nite! Hope more of you get this game, add your codes and join in on the fun!!!

Friend Code: 2836 - 3590 - 0819
Name: Strell
City: Yourmomistan Tazmily
Fruit: Peach

I'm going to add everyone in the OP. I haz WiiSpeak - would like to try it out both with a person who does can haz and a person who no can haz.

[quote name='nbballard']You get to skip the personality quiz at the beginning of the game, and your catalog at nook's store is transferred into the game. No money transfer, no items. I was kind of sad about it. I have seen a couple of times when the game has referenced that i played AC:WW.

according to gonintendo- you can get your ribbons (from donation), and you can transfer over some of the nintendo items- like the master sword, arwing, etc (not the mario furniture set).[/QUOTE]
Aww that sucks. It would have been nice to come over with some bags of money to speed up my house embiggening.

I'll get to it eventually I guess. I want to play this more but its hard to get into since I have Mirror's Edge and Dead Space from Gamefly aching to be finished.

i was torn about doing the acww transfer, but in the end i decided that i should start over. the game just isnt as rewarding if you start out with the bulk of the catalog already.

I'm still awake because I played too much of this game today and got behind all of my real world duties. Can't wait to do it again soon. ;)

Alright, here goes...

FC: 4124-8494-0685
Name: Io
Town: Pompeii
Fruit: Peach

I added myself to the OP... I also added everyone from there as well as Strell and Dallow. If anyone else gets added to the OP tomorrow I'll get them in as well (I didn't go back more than the last page so anyone else there but not in the OP I didn't skip you - will get you in tomorrow as it is rapidly approaching 5am here!)

I have the Wii Speak dealie but haven't unwrapped it yet. I just finished being Nook's errand boy and now, of course, all the stores are closed. Yeah, that city was real exciting at 4am!

Anyway, see you guys Monday night...

Really looking forward to this; it shipped today from Amazon. Animal Crossing on both the GC and DS definitely got me through some of my gaming lulls in years past.

Question: Is this like Smash Bros were you have to input a different FC or will it take it from your pre-existing codes? Cause I already have a ton of you guys on my list.

AC again utilizes 2 friend codes. Wii system code for sending mail/pictures to the Wii Message Board, and then a 12 digit code for AC friends.

I woke up early this morning so I'd have time to visit Nook and sell some crap before I go went to work.

It starts....

I'm gonna add everyone on the OP, and you IO, Strell.

[quote name='dallow']I woke up early this morning so I'd have time to visit Nook and sell some crap before I go went to work.

It starts....

I'm gonna add everyone on the OP, and you IO, Strell.[/QUOTE]

:rofl: I woke up too late to do that, but sadly, I think I'm gonna wake up like 15/20 minutes earluer now JUST so I can do that!!

Wait.
Maybe not. What time does Nook's Cranny open??? Is it 8am-10pm? :whistle2:s

I will be adding everyone, I think after becky, tonight when I go home. I wanna go on more dates to the coffee shop!!

I thought Nook was open until 11pm on the DS. Saw last night it closed at 10pm. Boo!

Circuit City didn't have the bundled ACCF/WiiSpeak or Wii Speak separate so I bought the standalone AC and Outdoor Challenge (Wife wanted it) to save $20. When CC gets WiiSpeak in stock, I can pick that up and save $5 because it is a Wii accessory (hopefully) and still be ahead of the game versus buying it at Best Buy.

Anyone have Wii Speak? How is it? Worth it? (seems expensive at $29.99).

The store hours change depending on what phase it is in- it closes at 10 in the first phase, and then i think it starts closing at 11 or 1am. I can't remember.

I can't afford AC right now, but I have obtained it. I might post my FC, depending on if I have enough time to play it and so forth.

I will be buying it though, I want the Wii Speak since I feel left out without it. So don't hate me too much. ;)

Since my 360 just died and can't play GOW or left 4 dead, I figured the next logical step is give AC a try! Actually with all the excitement in this thread its grown into me and now I can't wait to put it in!! Once I get started will add FC and will post my FC when I turn my wii on.

I got the shovel this morning. Just need an axe now.

There are a few annoying trees! Like one right in front of my house! :bomb:

I like to figure out how many trees give coins/items everyday. Then i cut down everything that is just dead weight and then I replace them all with strategically located fruit trees. That way, i know exactly where my "shake" trees are when i start playing.

I did a poor job of it in WW, and my town wasn't happy with the balance of tree. I never went back and fixed it in that game, but i think i can get it right this time.
Anyone else do that?

FYI that the bundle is now available on Circuit City's website if any other cheapies were waiting to take advantage of the Save $20 on 2 Wii games over $50 dealy.

I'm jealous of you guys playing it already :cry: I love Animal Crossing more than I should. Hopefully my copy with come in today. At least I got $20 off, free shipping and no tax.

Wii speak will be ordered when my amazon gift card comes in next week. My brother says my keyboard is USB so I'll see about using that to type until then.
--
By the way, how many friends can you have on your list?

ill be adding everyone later today. So my dilema is that my Wii is hooked up in the family room, which makes it hard to play because sometimes people dont want to watch. I think im going to go buy an extra sensor bar and ac adapter so i can keep them upstairs in my room and just swap the wii out when i need to.

I think Wii Speak kinda ruins the feel and charm of Animal Crossing.
When the 4 of us were sitting around the typing and the text bubbles would pop up...it was simply awesome. Hilarious, actually!

I think because of this, I will never get Wii Speak. Unless it's like $10 and by then there are other games that support it..but still..

That's exactly what I said lilboo.
I'm with you.

The speech bubbles are part of the AC charm.
Voices make it more like a regular video game.

I popped in AC for a few minutes just for a peak. I've gotten a house and thats it.. Haven't seen the mayor, or talked to anyone else is in town. I'll play more tonight but, when do you get to open your town up?

[quote name='homeland']I popped in AC for a few minutes just for a peak. I've gotten a house and thats it.. Haven't seen the mayor, or talked to anyone else is in town. I'll play more tonight but, when do you get to open your town up?[/QUOTE]

I don't know exactly the moment you can, but I suspect it is after you perform the duties for Nook.

I tried to get my FC immediately and it kept giving me an error, with the dog guard telling me "There seems to be some unfinished business." Or something to that effect. So after I talked to everyone and did the 3-4 things Nook wants you to do as a part time job, I was able to get my FC.

So we're talking 20-30 minutes of gameplay or so before you can open up your town.

[quote name='Wyndia']I'll be sticking with my WiiSpeak for now, at least until I pick up a USB keyboard. Eventually.[/QUOTE]

Question, how many people did you have in your room with you last night? There was also a lot of backround noise (like other stuff) did you have a fan or an air conditioner on or something??

Wii Speak is supposed to drain that out, thats why I'm asking.

Well, last night I ended up moving to the room upstairs instead of the living room downstairs, and that room's pretty small - there was my sister, two computers (both on), and the TV. The TV's kind of old and it made an audible sort of mosquito whine you get from electronics the whole time it was on, and I ended up moving the speaker on top of the TV.

My sister was also constantly yelling at me about the game, so that might have contributed to most of the noise too.

Just got back from the store with this game. I was looking at the instructions book and it says you can save photos to a SD card. Can i send these photos to my email address from my Wii? Otherwise i have no way of uploading them from my SD card to my PC.

You weren't around when she had a dog barking either lilboo. :lol:

I think I'm inclined to agree that WiiSpeak feels like a novelty, and aside from the limited text restriction (25 characters) the text based chat works really well, and fits in with the charm of the game. It filters out noise somewhat decently, although the sound quality was quite a bit less than I was expecting. Has anyone tried hooking up just a plain 'ol usb mic to see if it works?

[quote name='Strell']I didn't want to make suggestive audible comments to you anyway, Lilboo.[/quote]

That's okay, we weren't making any innuendo or otherwise inappropriate text comments last night either. :whistle2:\"

I know some of you were missing shovels, but my Tom Nook had a shovel, fishing pole, and watering can if anyone is interested today. I'll be opening my gates sometime tonight. I do want to go out and find a net however if someone's Tom Nook has one.

I only used my WiiSpeak once, but it was kind of annoying- i would catch a fish, and then a second later i would hear the "WAOOOO!" noise echo through the mic/speakers.

I guess I don't fully see the difference in WS vs headset. I remember many CoD4 sessions with background noise, people being dicks, and loud music polluting my gamez. I guess WS exacerbates it a bit, but I also think people are majorly overestimating the effectiveness of a headset.

But eh, I'll have to actually test my WS soon to find that out.

Sounds like a dud. :/

I guess the difference is that its yet another headset I'd have to purchase. USB ports nintendo! Use 'em!

Thank goodness for the keyboard support.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Just got back from the store with this game. I was looking at the instructions book and it says you can save photos to a SD card. Can i send these photos to my email address from my Wii? Otherwise i have no way of uploading them from my SD card to my PC.[/quote]

I think the book says something about the pictures possibly being "corrupted" when sending them to anything besides another Wii, but the pictures are just straight jpgs that can be pulled directly from the card so I don't see why it wouldn't work. You certainly can't hurt anything by trying.

Oh, and here is my FC info if anyone wants to add me:

FC: 1290-1714-4422
Name: Delilah (my wife and I play together - she wants to be a girl)
Town: Peake
Fruit: Apple

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ArthurDigbySellers']I think the book says something about the pictures possibly being "corrupted" when sending them to anything besides another Wii, but the pictures are just straight jpgs that can be pulled directly from the card so I don't see why it wouldn't work. You certainly can't hurt anything by trying.
[/quote]

Well i tried to send my email address a pic i took from Mario Galaxy of my stars, and it wouldnt allow me to send it to an email address.

HEY EVERYONE! :)
My BF just got back from Target! There's a Logitech CORDLESS keyboard/mouse combo for $15!!! It's normally $30.

Cordless keyboard for $15 =

bread's done
Back