Animal Crossing: City Folk - Gen. Discussion and info

Picked this up as my placeholder at TRU.

I feel so weird though, my game playing has been so random recently. From Odin Sphere, to Left 4 Dead, now to Animal Crossing...

[quote name='lilboo']If 2 people are AC friends, but only 1 has Wii Speak...I'm gonna guess that the person with the WS can still talk to them?[/quote]

Correct. I was just playing with someone who doesn't have it and they said they could hear me loud and clear. So even if only one person has it, everyone in the game can hear them.

(It's actually... different. Using Wii Speak seems a bit more "relaxed" than a normal headset for some reason. I guess it is because it isn't hugging your ear or head. But that's just my opinion...)

Well that's good to know.

So I played for like 3 hours already (...::checks into rehab::..) and yeah, it's Animal Crossing. I am liking this better than Wild World. For some reason, WW sounded good on paper but IMO AC doesn't feel like a good PORTABLE game. But again, that's just IMO.

I put Waaaaaaay too much time into the GCN version, and I can see myself doing MORE than WW, but not as much as the original on this. I already went to Animal Crossing's website and printed out November's calendar of events..:lol: so I'm siked!

Here's what I really am liking so far:
-It's Animal Crossing. The gameplay is the same and they pretty much only ADDED. So that's always solid.
-AC was never meant to be a graphical delight, and it still isn't. However, it DOES look pretty nice. I def notice a significant difference between this and the gamecube
-The City def adds something else to do. Even though it's not huge, it gives you a change of scenery and new people to meet :cool:

..And that's really all I was able to do :lol:

Is the Island in this game?! I hope so!...anyone know how to get to it? :whistle2:s
Not that it's a big deal, but I kind of wished we were able to name the City. It's not a big deal, but it would have been nice.

Now that Gracie, Redd, and Katrina have their shops in the city..will they still come to your town and set up? :whistle2:s

Well, I has a friend code now: 3695-3520-0489.

I'm kind of new to Animal Crossing, so I take it you can visit friends town, and likewise for yours. Is that it?

Yup. You have to make sure you open your gates. Just talk to Copper and tell him you want to invite guests. The gates will open and anyone of your friends that are registered can see this and they can show up.

You know, I really don't know. I don't have the game up at the moment. I think you just need the FC. Like most WFC games, you just entered the FC and it filled in the name for ya.

I could be wrong, and I forget how Wild World works. :whistle2:k

[quote name='lilboo']If 2 people are AC friends, but only 1 has Wii Speak...I'm gonna guess that the person with the WS can still talk to them?[/quote]

I doubt it.

[quote name='lilboo']If 2 people are AC friends, but only 1 has Wii Speak...I'm gonna guess that the person with the WS can still talk to them?[/QUOTE]

We got to get the two AC threads merged - I've already pondered this. However, people responded that it appears that the audio is generated through the game, which would include WS voice.

I'll have to try it later tonight. Just bought the bundle and made it home, but I have to 1) go to the gym and 2) cook dinner, so that ties me up for a while.

i'm looking for fruit! Do i need to get someone to shop in my town like WW to upgrade the store?

AC FF: 5413 - 3389 - 6192
Name: Nathan
Town: Memphis
Fruit: Peaches, Cherries (soon)

Last edited by a moderator:
RUU_0009.jpg

:cool:

Why pay off my house when I can go to the city and buy a really expensive and female hat?

Hey OP, would you mind turning this into a Gen. Discussion + friend codes?

If so, here's mah info.

FC: 3953-0498-1845
Name: Tom
Town: Parkview
Fruit: Cherry

Of course, the fruit is optional.. :lol: but it gives everyone an idea of who has what at first...

Hi everybody! I'm new to CAG, but my husband has been posting here for years. I just got Animal Crossing and I'm looking for some towns to visit. Here's my info:

FC: 0345-2775-6354
Name: Nessa
Town: Raintree

Wish i had a router right now, but I don't. I have oranges (woot!). I am quite frankly very happy with this game, and I agree about the DS version. I couldn't get into it like the GC version. This game I feel relaxed with, like the GC version. Finally our own house again! Hated that part in the DS version. I'm going to have to do a lot of talking with my brother and mom about the items in Tom Nooks. Lol.

I haven't been to the city yet, as I had to finish Toom Nook's jobs, and let my brother play. This game is going to be really fun.

Offtopic: We also got the new Banjo and Kazooie game. I must say that they took forever to deliver another console Banjo and Kazooie game.

I added nbballard and lilboo. My gates are open if you want to add me back. I'm really curious to see how visiting towns is implemented in this version of the game! Thanks!

[quote name='Strell']We got to get the two AC threads merged - I've already pondered this. However, people responded that it appears that the audio is generated through the game, which would include WS voice.

I'll have to try it later tonight. Just bought the bundle and made it home, but I have to 1) go to the gym and 2) cook dinner, so that ties me up for a while.[/QUOTE]

yea, i put up the question on the other one. if we should just drop that thread? i figure we'll have one main thread, and one friend code thread (that should be started from scratch).

i can't think of a use for a third one.

and i'd be happy to start up a code thread. but i might not add as much love to it as some people. but i'll definitely be playing this game all year.

[quote name='Doomed']How do you transfer screenshots from SD to PC?[/QUOTE]

I have an SD card reader and all I did was go into where the pics are..and it was there! :applause:

Works the same way Pokemon Ranch did, :lol:

lilboo has a good format, so I guess I'll just post using his, since I'm updating info...

FC: 3695-3520-0489
Name: Jason
Town: Plains

If you add me, pm me. Otherwise I've added everyone above me in this thread.

[quote name='lilboo']I have an SD card reader and all I did was go into where the pics are..and it was there! :applause:

Works the same way Pokemon Ranch did, :lol:[/quote]

That's awesome. I didn't know you could take in-game pics this time around. Wish I wasn't 7th in line to get the game from Goozex.

:(
That's 2 other people with cherries?! I thought I was all like, special and rare, :(

Both of you need to start a new game. :nottalking:
I'll add you now, though ;)

I picked up the Wii Speak bundle today - will start up a game later (have to go to son's soccer party now). My kids want to play first, of course, but I guess we'll all have the same town, right? Or can you make multiple ones in this game? In any case, I ought to be free later tonight for any late night CAG's who want to trade fruit or whatever.

Also, and maybe this has been posted but not on the current page (and, literally, I'm out the door now so can't look...), how many blocks does this puppy use?

This game is going to be/ and is epic. Graciegrace has the most outrageous prices I've seen... 124k for a carpet?! I thought Redd's prices were bad, but this...

[quote name='lilboo']:(
That's 2 other people with cherries?! I thought I was all like, special and rare, :(

Both of you need to start a new game. :nottalking:
I'll add you now, though ;)[/quote]

Nessa has cherries too. Come on- someone get some Oranges!

[quote name='Droenixjpn']This game is going to be/ and is epic. Graciegrace has the most outrageous prices I've seen... 124k for a carpet?! I thought Redd's prices were bad, but this...[/QUOTE]

I spent all my hard earned money today on a BREATHE TAKING ELEGANT HAT :cool:

:rofl: ::applies for welfare::

Just wanted to tell everyone, my Nook's is selling a froggy chair, and some ugly wallpaper and flooring, if anybody wants to buy it, LOL. Oh, and a watering can, haha :)

My Tom Nook was selling a Shovel, Fishing Pole and a Net. All profit making items... Sweet! I remember from the GC version how everyone in the town would get mad at you if you wrote a letter to them. They always wondered what your letter said or was about, lol.

I actually like the city, and I wonder what the Shoe Shine boy will eventually become? Because the city folk said that you didn't have to wait in line... Hmmm. He's also sitting in front of a abandoned place. I bet he'll own that place and own a shoe shine business, lol. So... Pay him his 500.

I wish I had a router to connect to right now, maybe later on.

Don't listen to reviewers, I play the games that seem interesting to me, and I either like them or hate them. I like Xplay's reviews though, lol.

My router is functionally retarded. And yet somehow I can post from here. :roll: Fine time for the wireless to crap out. If it ever changes, I'll post my fc.

My house is already paid off for the first upgrade.:booty:

@lilboo
I have cherries

Just finished nook's jobs. So far the game is nostalgic to the hours i pumped into the DS & GC version .

My Fruit is oranges, so if anyone needs any, please feel free to let me know. Please feel free to donate fruits as well ;-). My info is in my sig, please send me a PM if you add me so I can add you back.

:rofl: :rofl: i can't wait until some of my people move into your towns and they show you letters from me. I send my people the most obscene letters.

This is my town's layout. I'm thinking of starting over...what do you guys think? I'm just not sure if it's annoying or great. Also I can't think of a good name...

Edit: I have cherries.

Just stick with it really, starting over always make me not like the game. Like in Pokemon I start over and start to dislike doing everything over again. Just stick with it. I always find it funny how the bridges for the rivers are always weird. The loading times could be better, but whatever it's still a epic game. Always funny to see the bus do a wheelie, lol.

bread's done
Back