Animal Crossing: City Folk - Gen. Discussion and info

I'm already starting to like it...

I did like my DS AC's town and don't remember how I felt about the GC version at first, but I know I liked it.

Added you both! My gates are open if anyone wants to visit. And I still have that super awesome froggy chair and ugly wallpaper and flooring for sale at Nook's, any takers? ;) lol

this is what i got so far, if im missing you and you want to get added on the list let me know...

*CAG NAME AC:CF Name Town Name Friend Code
BlueLobstah Jason Plains 3695-3520-0489
Lilboo Tom Parkview 3953-0498-1845
nbballard Nathan Memphis 5413 - 3389 - 6192
Nessa Nessa Raintree 0345-2775-6354
RAMSTORIA Daniel Tanimura 4769-0940-1963
suko_32 Frank Seigaku 3437-6541-6436
Supertongue 4683 - 1940 - 7370
Wyndia Alice Windia 2192 1135 5816

I don't think anyone will be transferring their DS data. I like to start fresh every Animal Crossing game as it gives me a sense of awesomness, lol.

The only bad I could find for this game is loading times, everything else is pretty awesome.

Hey everyone! I lurk here but read often. I just got this game today. My town has pears. I'd love to visit some people. I don't know anyone who has this game. I'll probably be on late tonight maybe around 9:30 central. Anyone who wants to register me, let me know and I'll do the same.

My info:

Town: Yeehaw
Name: Becky
FC: 2320-9626-0568

In ACWW I didn't add people's names or towns right and it fixed itself as soon as one of us visited the other.

Good:
Very few jaggies, I've seen like two very minor ones.
Seems to be more items (duh)
More stuff to do (city)
USB keyboard support worked the first one I tried
Stays true to ACWW and AC
Changes for the better in Nook's Cranny (3 tools per day)

Bad:
Not that much new as far as I can see
WiiSpeak being $20 or $30

So far it was worth the $50.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']this is what i got so far, if im missing you and you want to get added on the list let me know...

*CAG NAME AC:CF Name Town Name Friend Code
BlueLobstah Jason Plains 3695-3520-0489
Lilboo Tom Parkview 3953-0498-1845
nbballard Nathan Memphis 5413 - 3389 - 6192
Nessa Nessa Raintree 0345-2775-6354
RAMSTORIA Daniel Tanimura 4769-0940-1963
suko_32 Frank Seigaku 3437-6541-6436
Supertongue 4683 - 1940 - 7370
Wyndia Alice Windia 2192 1135 5816[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Beccaree']Hey everyone! I lurk here but read often. I just got this game today. My town has pears. I'd love to visit some people. I don't know anyone who has this game. I'll probably be on late tonight maybe around 9:30 central. Anyone who wants to register me, let me know and I'll do the same.

My info:

Town: Yeehaw
Name: Becky
FC: 2320-9626-0568[/QUOTE]

These people have all been added.

[quote name='lilboo']1 town per system, and 36 blocks! :shock:[/QUOTE]

Oh, that's not bad at all. I was expecting 128 blocks or something. But one town per system, eh? That means I need to hash that all out now with my kids before they start. It needs to be a name we all agree on ;).

I'm going to make a T-Shirt design thing at Able Sisters. Then I might hope back online and see who's there :)

Edit: My design sucks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I watched the whole 2 hour marathon around 3 hours after they finished it, since I was out to eat, so I wasn't there. It totally seemed like a worth it game to me. I haven't played any of the other games, but when I get the Wii/Game, I'm going to pick up a copy of the GCN one too.

Ok, Master FC list complete, also, check to make sure I got correct info, so people are adding the right stuff. Soon I hope to make a part where it says:
Keyboard/Wiispeak: yes/no or something like that. If you feel the need to tell me, make a new post and dont edit old ones, as I doubt Ill be going back to those.

There's really no point in that, IMO.
All 3 games (GCN, DS, and Wii) are pretty much the same. The DS was an upgrade over the GCN, and the Wii version is the upgrade to the DS.

[quote name='Filler2001']Ok, Master FC list complete, also, check to make sure I got correct info, so people are adding the right stuff. Soon I hope to make a part where it says:
Keyboard/Wiispeak: yes/no or something like that. If you feel the need to tell me, make a new post and dont edit old ones, as I doubt Ill be going back to those.[/QUOTE]

That's not a bad idea.
Keyboard for me, please :cool:

lilboo was mocking my poverty. He's all, "Yeah, I'm chillin'" :(

ac2.jpg

I'm not too keen on my town layout though. Bridges are oddly placed and there's a cliff right through the middle!

ac1.jpg

[quote name='BlueLobstah']lilboo was mocking my poverty. He's all, "Yeah, I'm chillin'" :(

ac2.jpg

I'm not too keen on my town layout though. Bridges are oddly placed and there's a cliff right through the middle!

ac1.jpg
[/QUOTE]

:rofl: :rofl:
I don't understand my character.. he looks SO high! I hope there's a way to change that eventually via the salon or SOMETHING else. Those eyes are just ridiculous. Than again, YOUR eyes are a bit much TOO, IMO :lol:

And yeah, your town is a bit ridiculous. They did an awful job of putting your 2 bridges down. I was trying so hard to find the post office but it was like ::MOUNTAIN:: and ::RIVER:: in way.. :whistle2:(

[quote name='suko_32']This is my town's layout. I'm thinking of starting over...what do you guys think? I'm just not sure if it's annoying or great. Also I can't think of a good name...

Edit: I have cherries.[/quote]

Compared to mine/wife's, that is a kick-ass layout as far as the businesses go. Almost everything is conveniently in one place!

lilboo, there isn't any way to change your face in the other games, but in ACCF you can use a Mii mask I suppose.

How was everybody's first day? Besides not being able to visit you guys, it was awesome. Made a dent in the museum's emptyness and paid off my first debt. Only thing that sucked was I didn't get my shoes shined, which probably has some signifigance.

Also, for those new to AC
Talk to Sabel, the quiet one in the Able Sisters store and buy coffee from Brewster in the museum's basement daily to befriend them.

Ugghh reading this thread is making hard the fact that I am waiting to get this for Christmas. I've never had a system online before the Wii so here's hoping you'll all still be playing in late December so I can check out some other towns.

My town's not that bad actually. The buildings are all close to each other, and the bridges are very well placed. I have a ton of damn trees though, and no axe. I regret picking the ocean house though. It sucks having to go out of your way just to see a new piece of furniture.

I've already paid off the initial debt, and I'll be getting my upgrade tomorrow. The museum is full of fish, and there's a few bugs. I got my shoes shined, and did a few errands.

The only problem I have with the game, besides the controls, is that you can't just ask for errands. I don't want to have to spend 30 minutes trying to find a job to do.

[quote name='Interstella 5555']Tagging as well, can't wait to get one. Also sorry if this has been addressed already but is there any deals on this game?[/quote]

Not that I know of, but I pre-ordered mine at Amazon and got a $10 gift card torwards another game. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw one of these for Circut City.

Alright, I wanna see 4 people in 1 town. Who wants to invite 3 other people!!?
Or maybe I'll host the event.

JUST LEMME KNOW!

I just had suko and Alice in my town.

I think Alice said she's about to open her town up, and she has WiiSpeak (and oranges).

Oh, and I use a keyboard.

[quote name='BlueLobstah']

[/QUOTE]

i feel ya man. i bought the game at 9am when toys r us opened. i didnt have a town that i liked until 1130 am. i just kept resetting the game if i didnt like the layout. sure it took 2 hours to find one, but for a game that ill be playing for a year (more likely longer) it was worth finally getting one i like. my advise is, if youre not happy with it start over before you get in too deep because after a few weeks youll be too invested to start over.

[quote name='lilboo']There's really no point in that, IMO.
All 3 games (GCN, DS, and Wii) are pretty much the same. The DS was an upgrade over the GCN, and the Wii version is the upgrade to the DS.

That's not a bad idea.
Keyboard for me, please :cool:[/quote]
About to add everyone, which reminds me I have to put up my FC as well :whistle2:k, Ill probably add it, with your keyboard update, and a few pms for FCs Ive gotten tomorrow or tuesday.

ORANGES!!!!
OPEN UP ALICE!!!

I shall bring you
-Some fine cherries
-My dashing self with my masculine hat, and my newfound MASCULINE umbrella ^___^

bread's done
Back