Animal Crossing: City Folk - Gen. Discussion and info

I picked it up today after work ad my favorite mom and pop shop. After playing it for an hour I had a few thoughts on it. This is coming from only playing the GC version.

The flowers don't die when you run through them!
I like where you can pick where your house is.
I like how you can have the WiiMote in one hand and a cigarette in the other.
This is my kind of gaming.

Argh. My Wal-Mart is always stuck up when it comes to release dates. Even if they can sell it, they won't.

Anyway, seeing the posts here show me that no Wii Speak at Wal-Mart? Damn. Doing a quick search of their site, they have it marked as "Not sold in stores" which may explain it.

Hopefully GS will have the bundles even though they don't even show up on their website.

[quote name='SuperTongue']
Anyway, seeing the posts here show me that no Wii Speak at Wal-Mart? Damn. Doing a quick search of their site, they have it marked as "Not sold in stores" which may explain it.
[/QUOTE]

I went to my Walmart last night and saw both the game and WS in the glass case. No bundle, but they should be selling both.

I debated getting them right then and there, but ultimately CAGness won out and I decided I could wait a few days to save a few bucks.

amazon sent me an email saying they'd shipped the game. i'm assuming it won't arrive till tuesday.

[quote name='Dingleberry']My mom and pop shop did not have the bundles either. And they said they did not even know it was an option.[/quote]

Well I know for a fact that only certain stores are getting the bundles. From what I'm seeing, the only website I've actually seen them for sale on is Amazon. GS and Wal-Mart have them as sold separate and no bundle listed.

Other retailers should get them, but my search so far has only turned up Amazon.

Is it coming out tomorrow or is it already out? I really can't wait! This game is going to be giving me many memories like the Gamecube version did. Of course Mr.Resetti will be there and can't wait to aggrevate him again, lol.

officially comes out tomorrow, but i and others have managed to get early copies at walmart... i've had it since thursday, others since, i think, monday.

Whoa really? Sweet since my mom is working at Walmart, maybe she could've seen a copy of it at Walmart. Since she does inventory she could've seen it.

Hopefully I can get it tomorrow if not oh well, I can wait.

[quote name='Strell']
I debated getting them right then and there, but ultimately CAGness won out and I decided I could wait a few days to save a few bucks.[/QUOTE]

Why? Is there going to be a sale? Or is the WS bundle cheaper than buying separate?

I don't really care to much for the room chat thing ( i forget what it's called), but I will be getting the game. Honestly I'm not into buying all these peripherals for these games that don't use them other then for one game.

They have way to many accessories for the Wii.

I am personally a great fan of Animal Crossing games, although the DS version did not really satisfy me to much, as much as the Gamecube version did.

[quote name='zewone']Why? Is there going to be a sale? Or is the WS bundle cheaper than buying separate?[/quote]

It's cheaper to buy the bundle because buying the game ($50) + the Wii Speak ($30) = $80. While the bundle is $70 instead.

It was my mom, after all, so its still most likely tomorrow. Plus, maybe they just said tuesday (if they do), because that is when 99% of other games come out

Yeah that's true. Honestly the quality of that mic is probably not going to be the best, and I bet you have to be very close to the TV to talk. I'm not going to get it, it's 30 dollars more for a mic. Maybe if it's good quality, and it can be used for the PC, like Sony's Eyetoy was used for a Webcam.

Does anybody happen to know if the game that comes in the bundle has a standard barcode on it? Or is it one of those wonderful "not for resale" jobs like they put in other bundles? (Guitar Hero, Warhawk, etc.) I've got the game pre-ordered for my wife at Gamestop, but I know she wants the stupid wii speak thing, and I'm trying to anticipate Gamestop not having the bundle available (although why they wouldn't is beyond me. It makes me think Amazon's bundle is make believe). I'm not paying $30 for the freaking mic, so if neccessary, I'll order the bundle from Amazon, and then return the sealed game with my Gamestop receipt. Anybody know?

I'm a fan of the GC animal crossing and the DS animal crossing was ok, but I got kinda bored of it I didn't like the made up holidays, but the wii animal crossing has the holidays back so that's good.

One thing I liked bout the AC:WW is that I could change the look of the town by putting putting my designs on the floor can you do that on the wii game too if not that's ok..

I plan to get just the game the wiispeak is nice and all, but only games to use it now and in the future is animal crossing and the conduit so if I do get it I'll wait for a sale on wii acessories or some type of coupon..

i was at walmart earlier, it wasnt on the shelves. im going to toys r us tomorrow to get this. not only do they open at 8 am, but ill be able to get $20 off any game over $29.99, so im thinking ill pick up boom blox or something like that as well.

Before she went to bed tonight my girlfriend informed me that I would be taking her to Target as soon as they open to get Animal Crossiing :D We had a ton of fun with the Gamecube edition.

Yeah I feel your pain, I have to take my girlfriend to pick up Tomb Raider: Underworld in a couple of days. She can wait on Animal Crossing.

[quote name='yukine']I'm not watching the whole thing, I fast forwarded to where they play online, the quality of the Wii Speak seems alright. Kind of surprised that you can't hear the game in the background.[/QUOTE]

Supposedly, the game audio is filtered through itself to knock out any in-game sounds. By all intensive purposes, it seems like the mic picks up audio pretty well but I still question whether or not the purchase would actually be $30, much less $20 if you pick up the bundle.

I plan on trying to pick this up at TRU sometime this week, although my local TRU tends to be fairly slow with new releases, so I may not be able to pick it up until later in the week.

Now, I'm going to be a nice (and sexy, of course) guy and question Wii Speak. My TV isn't as close to me as it used to be. It's not like FAAAR away, but there's more of a distance.

Anyone know the stats of how far it'll pick up? Like if I did get this, I don't wanna have to scream...lol..

HELLO WELCOME TO MY TOWN. WOULD YOU CARE TO GO FISHING WITH ME!!????

My new favorite feature is the amount of space a dresser can hold. I think one I have has like 160 spaces to hold stuff. And that includes holding furniture.

[quote name='Dingleberry']My new favorite feature is the amount of space a dresser can hold. I think one I have has like 160 spaces to hold stuff. And that includes holding furniture.[/QUOTE]

Mmmm! That's pretty sexy! :applause:
I always found this game insane.."Oh crap, where should I do with this EXTRA BED?! ::puts in dresser::"

[quote name='Doomed']Also says that music and whatnot is mostly the same as ACWW. :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

Works for me, I loved the music in ACWW.

Just picked up a copy from Best Buy about an hour ago. It looks almost exactly like AC:WW but with higher rez textures.

I thought my 3 year old daughter might like to play it but then realized/remembered how text heavy the game is. You can navigate the entire game with just the Wiimote which is nice. So she can move her little girl around, but she doesn't want to listen to any of the animals yapping at her.

Oh, and I passed on the WiiSpeak bundle. $70 is just too much for me. Best Buy had a ton of the bundles.

Well, last time I read up about the WS mic, it's apparently attached to a really long cord so you can sit it right next to you as you play, I guess.

I don't know if I want to get it right now or wait for BF for a better deal to pop up - I do want the WS mic, but I feel that $70 for the bundle is a bit too much - I thought it was going for $60 in some places, but I don't know where.

I really enjoy Animal Crossing's music. They should make K.K Slider come out every night not just Saturday nights. I can't wait to get this game! It's going to be the best. Quite glad I got the Wii, possibly got the Wii just for this game, lol.

And for lilboo, the save data is only 36 blocks so far. I don't know if it will expand as you collect more stuff (most likely not) or once I use the online stuff (possible), but that is smaller than I thought it would be right off the bat.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Droenixjpn']Quite glad I got the Wii, possibly got the Wii just for this game, lol.[/quote]

AC:CF is the only reason that I have kept the Wii.

:lol:

I named my city in honor of our Apartment Complex---Parkview. We always said "Wow this place is filled with ANIMALS".. so it fits appropriate.

We should all exchange FC's later, I just got mine.
I'm on the bus headed to the city for the first time. This is exciting :cool:

Got my bundle from GS today. Kinda felt... awkward, seeing as some kid's mom (the kid was like 10) was buying it for him. And everyone else was getting the new Mortal Kombat...

And, hell, I'm not even old! For anyone who wants to listen to my beautiful voice over Wii Speak, add me:
4683 - 1940 - 7370

If 2 people are AC friends, but only 1 has Wii Speak...I'm gonna guess that the person with the WS can still talk to them?

[quote name='SuperTongue']Got my bundle from GS today. Kinda felt... awkward, seeing as some kid's mom (the kid was like 10) was buying it for him. And everyone else was getting the new Mortal Kombat...

And, hell, I'm not even old! For anyone who wants to listen to my beautiful voice over Wii Speak, add me:
4683 - 1940 - 7370[/QUOTE]

i've had that experience a few times. it's me and a bunch of kids with their parents.

I think Ill just get a keyboard, AC wasnt meant to be spoken, only read. I feel similar with the mii integration. It just seems wrong for some reason

[quote name='Filler2001']I think Ill just get a keyboard, AC wasnt meant to be spoken, only read. I feel similar with the mii integration. It just seems wrong for some reason[/quote]

I agree with the Mii stuff, not necessarily the speaking though. I hope you can still hear other people even if you don't have WiiSpeak.

[quote name='Filler2001']I think Ill just get a keyboard, AC wasnt meant to be spoken, only read. I feel similar with the mii integration. It just seems wrong for some reason[/quote]
My USB keyboard works fine, FYI.

I just plugged my keyboard in and it works great.
I'm going to need a keyboard just for this though, :lol:

Wireless Keyboards, can the be found cheap?

bread's done
Back