Animal Crossing: City Folk - Gen. Discussion and info

[quote name='Strell']One of my stupid neighbors lost their stupid keys, and I have a feeling if I don't find them, I'll miss out on some kind of neat item.

Anyone seen this happen yet? I'm hesitant to go to someone's city/let them come to mine until I resolve this. I've tried shaking trees, picking up shells, digging holes, looking all over the city, hitting rocks, and I still can't find the stupid keys.

Stupid neighbor.[/quote]

Did you check their front door?

[quote name='jdm']Did you check their front door?[/QUOTE]

Haha, yes I did, after having done this exact sort of thing many times to myself in real life.

Hmmm. I should check their mailbox though.

Oh wait - no mailboxes on NPC hizzouses.

[quote name='pete5883']Ask your neighbor "Did you check your pocket?"

This will work better if s/he is holding a megaphone.[/quote]

That's if they lose the remote.

i'm still looking for a barred knifejaw and a spider for november. the only thing i've got to shake off of a tree is a bagworm.

i've only been able to play in the afternoons, so i haven't got any online time in yet. my evenings are usually pretty full.

and man do i ever want an ax. i hate my tree arrangement, and i'd love to make some major adjustments. i'd like them to be a little more spread out. that way it's easier to see bugs and fossils.

Damn, I'm trying to enter your town Strell, but I keep getting the 'ol 86420 :(

I think this means I should get to bed before I get sucked into this game anymore.

EDIT: Got through! Honestly, I needed a nice, mellow play session like that. Can't wait for the weekend!

Last edited by a moderator:
TT to friday... still no axe. im going to buy notepads until nook says hes upgrading.

i was in the city and noticed that one of the buildings is boarded up. is that because the shoe shine guy sits there? i was hoping maybe it would be used for DLC, but i think that hobo skunk sits there.

so whats the verdict on the game?
is it as addicting as the gamecube version?
worth $50? is wiispeak wiitarded?

also would a 4 1/2 yr old enjoy this or is there too much reading?

[quote name='Strell']Haha, yes I did, after having done this exact sort of thing many times to myself in real life.

Hmmm. I should check their mailbox though.

Oh wait - no mailboxes on NPC hizzouses.[/quote]
is there a lost and found like in ww?

[quote name='DJPUN']is there a lost and found like in ww?[/QUOTE]

Checked there also, both with Booker the copdog and the recycling center.

I think I exhausted the possibilities of where this thing could have been. Oh well.

[quote name='greyzieoriental']so whats the verdict on the game?
is it as addicting as the gamecube version?
worth $50? is wiispeak wiitarded?

also would a 4 1/2 yr old enjoy this or is there too much reading?[/QUOTE]

Game still rocks, but it is largely - largely - the same game, so don't complain about that going in.

Even more addictive because there is more to do, more to see, and wifi makes it deeper.

I think it is worth the 50, but I love the series unabashedly, so I'm biased.

Wiispeak works rather well, but not many people (understandably) have it. I haven't heard any complaints on people that I've used it with, and it's worked well enough for sound coming toward me. I'm a good 8 feet away from my TV and it picks me up without problem.

4 yo would like it BUT it would be best to relegate them to activities like fishing where reading isn't required.

Question: Is there a place within the game to toggle WiiConnect24 on/off, or is it on automatically?

Also, I had a $25 Amazon GC to burn, so I picked up WiiSpeak - I won't complain for $5. I'll hopefully have it by the Thankgiving holiday.

[quote name='Strell']Checked there also, both with Booker the copdog and the recycling center.

I think I exhausted the possibilities of where this thing could have been. Oh well.[/quote]

I randomly caught a key when I went fishing just now! My first thought was to give it to you, but then I wondered if one of MY neighbors was locked out. So I checked around, and sure enough, someone was missing their keys. The reward? I got 500 bells

So if your still having problems finding the key, and if he's still looking for it, just do lots of fishing. Hopefully you get a better reward than me.

[quote name='alison']Question: Is there a place within the game to toggle WiiConnect24 on/off, or is it on automatically?

Also, I had a $25 Amazon GC to burn, so I picked up WiiSpeak - I won't complain for $5. I'll hopefully have it by the Thankgiving holiday.[/quote]

I don't think i understand the point of your question- are you just wanting to verify that you are or aren't able to accept visitors? If so- you just have to make sure your gate is closed.

Hey Strell, I think when someone is locked out (I haven't had this happen to me, yet) you go to the Town Hall. Go to the Civic Center and one of the options is to complain .. or something like. You can report a person for being a dick head, OR there's an option for "Lock out".. I never chose that, so I don't know if it means YOU can be locked out or if you can go to Town Hall and let them know someone else is locked out.

:whistle2:k
If this person is still homeless, go try it out and see what happens.

Yesterday I looked at that- and it said "I'm locked out". I only took note because I was confused about how that would happen- and how many days it would take me to notice, since all i do is sell fish.

Oh- I've got an extra Mush Lamp if anyone wants to trade for something else in the set.

anyone have a spare axe?

im off work today so i can meet up with people all day, i only have peaches and pears, so if someone wants to trade fruits let me know.

Can the first version of nooks even get an axe? I guess I'll just start buying random stuff at the store until he upgrades.

Does the mortgage payment apply towards money spend in shop?

in the past the first version of nook could get the axe. if that changed in this version then thats whack.

mortgage payments do not apply towards the amount in the shop, otherwise id have the upgrade by now.

[quote name='nbballard']I don't think i understand the point of your question- are you just wanting to verify that you are or aren't able to accept visitors? If so- you just have to make sure your gate is closed.[/QUOTE]

That's pretty much answers my question - I simply wanted to make sure that I didn't have to toggle any WiiConnect24 options within the game (besides opening my gates) in order to be able to have visitors when I'm not playing. The manual alluded to there being some sort of WiiConnect24 menu at the main screen, but I wasn't able to find it, hence why I asked.

re: Lock out

I did TONS of fishing. My neighbor kept saying "maybe it fell out when I went swimming in the river" so I kept fishing for it, but it never came up. I even checked the ocean - still nothing.

I looked for stupid keys for 45 minutes or so.

I actually did see the "I'm locked out" option on the first time I played this game, but I'd totally forgotten about it. Maybe that's it. I see if the dood is still wandering around.

Oh yeah, I'm glad I don't vocalize all my thoughts when playing.

*Ramstoria comes to town as "Daniel"*

Strell's innermost thoughts> Oh look it's Ramstoria. Awww, he looks just like his avatar. .... Wait a minute. No, he looks just like his Brawl avatar. Yeah. .....Because his Mii ...is...his Brawl avatar. Riiiiiiight.

The carpet camel was in my town today. I apparently didnt have any old carpets on me, but a couple of villagers gave me theirs. But she only gave me a carpet i passed up in Nooks store, and one i already had. LOL.

I also saw one of my villagers, and they looked like they had fleas jumping off them. I thought it was weird, then i went into Nooks store and thought, maybe i can catch a flea off them with my net, but when i came back out the same villager didnt have them anymore. Which is weird because they were standing right outside of Nooks.

Ohh and im sporting a camo shirt, Native American head dress, and red clown nose. :)

You have a camo shirt? I think I might want to try and catalog that tonight if you get the chance.

My Nooks still didn't have an axe today. I have a lot of trees I want/need to cut down and no ax to do it with. I have an extra shovel (still) if anyone wants to trade or buy it.

I should be on sometime after 5pm CST for those interested...

Apparently there's an insect that can only be found on a tree stump and it's only around in November. That axe better hurry itself up!

Strell, you really couldn't find the key? Elvis was locked out and I fished the key out of the river on my 3rd try.

Beccaree, I have the mother cat in my town who says her kitten is in yours. Let me know if you can stop by today. I should be here.
-
I played hide and seek with Harry, Curly, and Lucy. There was a little sceen and then I had 15 minutes to find them all. I searched everywhere, but ultimately they were all just hiding behind houses :lol:

I'll have my gate open while I fish. I have a few peaches and still a lot of pears to give away. Also I registered like the last 5 people to post their codes. So I'm pretty sure I have everyone who posted their codes in this thread. I just don't want to have to PM all of you.

[quote name='BlueLobstah']You have a camo shirt? I think I might want to try and catalog that tonight if you get the chance.

My Nooks still didn't have an axe today. I have a lot of trees I want/need to cut down and no ax to do it with. I have an extra shovel (still) if anyone wants to trade or buy it.

I should be on sometime after 5pm CST for those interested...[/QUOTE]

If I don't have a shovel in my shop today, IMMA COME GET YOURS! :bouncy:

I'll go back to registering all of you. My router stopped and I lost motivation. New router, new motivation! :)

Is anybody interested in a Cabin Dresser? 1x1, can hold 16 pages of 10 items, 160 items! Made my house suck a lot less. I have two being delivered at 5PM EST, more if needed. It costs about 2200 bells, so I'd be happy at 2000 + non cherry fruit or 2500 bells.

Alrighty, I'll save it for you and guess open up when I get home. I still have a few fish I need to catch for November, so I'm going to try and finish those up.

sorry guys, i was cleaning something (gfs orders) and i came back and my game crashed. sorry if you guys lost anything. ill be playing all day.

No problem, the DC didn't happen too long after you saved. Though I did be bad and push you into a pitfall while you left :lol: I was hoping you'd stay there until you got back, but alas, you eventually get out on your own.

[quote name='Daisydog']Apparently there's an insect that can only be found on a tree stump and it's only around in November. That axe better hurry itself up!

Strell, you really couldn't find the key? Elvis was locked out and I fished the key out of the river on my 3rd try.

Beccaree, I have the mother cat in my town who says her kitten is in yours. Let me know if you can stop by today. I should be here.
-
I played hide and seek with Harry, Curly, and Lucy. There was a little sceen and then I had 15 minutes to find them all. I searched everywhere, but ultimately they were all just hiding behind houses :lol:

I'll have my gate open while I fish. I have a few peaches and still a lot of pears to give away. Also I registered like the last 5 people to post their codes. So I'm pretty sure I have everyone who posted their codes in this thread. I just don't want to have to PM all of you.[/quote]
I'll be playing in about half an hour.

Ok, I'll see you then Becky. You have to visit me I think.

Daniel, you saved before you left so we didn't lose anything.

I ran into an AC:WW friend I haven't seen in over a year! She moved on and we lost touch, but she plays city folk now so I visited her. Anyway, she has Nook N Go! I asked her what she did and she said she donated 7,000 bells to the town (you can do that at the post office). So I went and donated 30,000 bells just to be safe. We shall see what happens.

And while I was there I bought a timer and tried to catalog her Axe. Unfortunately, you can't order tools from your catalog :cry:

[quote name='lilboo']
So..are Becky, Music, and myself still on your friends list despite last nite? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:[/quote]
As soon as I get my axe you're all dead! :bomb:

The WFC is sucky today. I got DC from my own town when nobody was in it. :|

Anywho. I Finally got a coconut via the Sea. :cool: I can't seem to find any other ppl's town's. I'll open mine instead.

Bring fruits to plant in my town! You'll recieve more items!

edit: and added everyone so far who pm'ed me or said they added everyone from the OP.

[quote name='homeland']just had one of my neighbors lose their key. found it in the river. Also i have an extra invite to redd if anyone needs[/quote]

I need it! and i just left your town..

bread's done
Back