Animal Crossing: City Folk - Gen. Discussion and info

Decided to hook up a wired keyboard. Everyone was right...makes a big difference.

Reg'd VioletArrows and CL-Insanity.

So (assuming Violet has cross reg'd me and I can get in tonight)...sell at 206...or hold off. Hmmm...

EDIT: darkpumpkin, you've got 21000 bells on the way...

EDIT EDIT: Sorry for the hit 'n run, Daisydog. :) I'll stay longer next time when I'm not supposed to be doing other things.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='VioletArrows']Well if it closes at 10, I'll open it now and people can hurry over. I'm adding you eugaet.[/quote]

Let me know if you can add one more friend :D If so, I'd love to sell off these darn turnips.

hey guys just wanted to let you know that my turnip prices today are 455. So if you wanna cash in your turnips, now is a good time to do it. I'll be AFK though, but I'll leave my gate opened (going to work >.

Damn, once again I sell once they hit 200 somewhere and someone pops in
with an insane price.

:bomb:

Oh well, doubling my money isn't that bad.

[quote name='Interstella 5555']hey guys just wanted to let you know that my turnip prices today are 455. So if you wanna cash in your turnips, now is a good time to do it. I'll be AFK though, but I'll leave my gate opened (going to work >.

[quote name='Miranda']My bad, I really thought Nookway & Able's had the same hours.

Wow, 455 is a great price!

Just found this info on how to predict what your turnip prices will be like:

http://www.wiipals.net/Forum/f28/hey-guys-wanna-know-how-to-predict-your-turnip-prices-50508.html

I think mine has been a rollercoaster week this week, and in another town I've been in every day, they've had a steady decline.[/QUOTE]

This is interesting. Unfortunately, due to work, I can't check prices in the morning during the week, so I can't put this into practice. Too bad there isn't a way to play AC:CF remotely.

It's been two days for me without AC:CF. Last night it was because I fell asleep early. Prof - sorry about the delay in getting your King Tut Mask out. I will definitely get it to you tonight! Daisy - if I see you I'll give you your green bookcase if applecrisp hasn't already gotten you one, or can mail it. I don't need to order one as I already have it.

I believe I now have Nookingtons in my town. Nook was upgrading yesterday, I'm pretty sure. 9 PM closing time is for the birds, but so is the 9 AM opening time as I was thinking I'd just set the clock back an hour to compensate for the closing time, but then my kids would be quite unhappy since they play on Saturday/Sunday mornings and their morning game time ends at 10 AM. Yes, they would be very unhappy. I wish there could be both a Nook & Go and Nookingtons at the same time, instead of one or the other. On the other hand, I guess having gotten the charm from oemor's town, maybe I'll see some good items, if I can get there before it's closed! And if that's what the charm did. ???

I too have been debating if I should change the time on my game because Nookington's is only open 9am-9pm. I like to sometimes play in the morning like at 6 or 7 am, pick up the fossils, pull the weeds, hit the money rock, etc. If I moved the time 3 hours earlier, then it'd essentially close @ 6pm in the evening, which is pretty early, but it would give me some time yet. I guess I could always go out to another town if I needed a Nooks in the evening too. There would be other disadvantages though, like Joan showing up between 3am-9am.

There should be one more upgrade after Nookington's, and I like your idea Crunch. They should make an additional Nook N Go or Nook's Cranny for expansion.

Nookington's is one of the main reasons that I changed my time to reflect a 3 hour difference (i.e. 9 pm here is 6 pm AC time). I typically play in the evenings (and I'm the only one in the house that plays), so this works out perfectly for me. Now, my Nookington's is in the process of being downgraded, but I'll probably keep this time change for the time being.

With that said, hopefully some folks have their gates open tonight. The downgrade is happening today, so I'm Nookless :(

Ouch. My wife and I sold our turnips for 195, we weren't sure what would happen since Nook was remodeling the next day, and now my mother-in-law had Nook paying 695 this morning. Damn!

[quote name='Kilraven']Ouch. My wife and I sold our turnips for 195, we weren't sure what would happen since Nook was remodeling the next day, and now my mother-in-law had Nook paying 695 this morning. Damn![/quote]

Ouch, that seems to be the way things work.

Or do like I suggested before, and when there is a price like 200 bells, sell enough to make back what you paid for your turnips, and keep the rest in reserve in case their is a big spike. Even if prices go down, you'll still do well and if there is a big spike, you'll do great. Mind you, the last time there was a 230 range price, I sold all my turnips, so I'm not too good at taking my own advice. :)

[quote name='crunchewy']Or do like I suggested before, and when there is a price like 200 bells, sell enough to make back what you paid for your turnips, and keep the rest in reserve in case their is a big spike. Even if prices go down, you'll still do well and if there is a big spike, you'll do great. Mind you, the last time there was a 230 range price, I sold all my turnips, so I'm not too good at taking my own advice. :)[/quote]

That's what we've been doing, it's kind of like bell cost averaging.

I've got a Lunar Lander in my Nookington's, it's a special item, so it seems like someone should be interested.

Also, the Lovely Lamp came in, sorry for the delay Becky. Let me know if you'll be on and we can exchange.

I'd like to buy that lunar lander if no one else has. I'm not sure if I'm going to get to play tonight, though. Would you be willing to buy it for me? I'm definitely going to be playing sometime tomorrow afternoon, what with my sweetie giving me that nifty wireless keyboard that I'll want to test out. :) Hopefully I'll find someone online. Anyway, can pay with bells or King Tut Masks!

Got the Lunar Lander for you Crunch, and it was only 3200, so next time we meet up I can pass it along to you or I can mail it.

[quote name='converse']That's what we've been doing, it's kind of like bell cost averaging.

I've got a Lunar Lander in my Nookington's, it's a special item, so it seems like someone should be interested.

Also, the Lovely Lamp came in, sorry for the delay Becky. Let me know if you'll be on and we can exchange.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! :) You can mail it if you want. I might be on tomorrow but I am not sure when.

Got my overpriced wireless keyboard and like it a lot. :) However, nobody was online. :( Opened my gate for a while, but nobody showed up. I did mail you your mask, Prof! Also I love the turban and puffy hat Ash, both of which go great with the Bros. Stash. Not to mention the complex machine!

How are you guys doing in the fishing tournament?
Olivia has already turned in a 69.8-inch tuna...

[quote name='applecrisp']AHH janet, i'll send you the blue bookcase for free, no worries but sorry I was very busy yesterday as it was my birthday haha.[/quote]
I received the Blue Bookcase last night, Nikki. Thank you :D

Fishing tournament happenings:

- Son woke up early, had caught a sea bass at 45.x inches.
- I caught a tuna at 92.x inches, reduced my son to tears because he said he would never find another tuna...
- He immediately catches a tuna at 100.x inches and order is restored.
- I'm still suffering a nervous twitch from watching Chip devour 14000 bells worth of tuna.

At my parent's house now, most likely not able to do any more fishing until the tournament is over.

Also, sold my red turnip (payed 1000 bells) for 16000 bells. Not sure if that's good or not, first time messing w/ red turnips.

Happy Valentine's Day, everyone!

Only caught two sea bass, neither of which topped Wart Jr.'s 40.6" sea bass. I didn't get to try for too long, though. I may have some more time later.

Can you participate in the tounanent while you have visitors? Can visitors participate?

I did play some more and got a sea bass that took the lead and was super happy to get the neutral corner to go along with my blue corner. Just need the other corners now. One of my kids turned in a pike he had in his house to take lead after me. Hopefully he'll win with that. We tried a fair amount and never caught anything bigger then a sea bass.

I had the lead with a 47 inch sea bass until Gala came in with a 74 inch tuna. :bomb: I already have the two fishing trophies, but wanted to get trophies for my other characters too.

[quote name='crunchewy']I did play some more and got a sea bass that took the lead and was super happy to get the neutral corner to go along with my blue corner. Just need the other corners now.[/quote]

I think you only need the red corner to complete a boxing ring. The neutral corner can be used twice, facing different directions. I think the red corner is a Redd item.

Anyone need 10 million bells, a complete set of gold tools, and an almost complete KK set? I am deciding whether to distribute these based on my best ACCF friends on here or just any CAGS who want something

Glad you like your stuff Daddy! I am now on the lookout for fun outifts for you.

Sorry I wasn't on last night. Fiancee and I had our Valentine's last night by going out to dinner and seeing the F13 remake at the drive in while my mom watched the baby.

Don't know how long I will be on tonight. I picked up Bikini Zombie Slayers and House of the Dead:Overkill so I've been bouncing between all 3.

[quote name='darkpumpkin']

Sorry I wasn't on last night. Fiancee and I had our Valentine's last night by going out to dinner and seeing the F13 remake at the drive in while my mom watched the baby.[/quote]

How was the movie btw? I'm planning on watching it tomorrow night.

[quote name='Filler2001']Anyone need 10 million bells[/quote]

derp.

*cackles at thought of suddenly having a much larger house and her sibs go WTF*

darkpumpkin, I've received the Lucky Cat so far.

accf_001.jpg

Hope the rest will show up shortly! :D

Interstella, have you received the 4 items I sent?

[quote name='eugaet']darkpumpkin, I've received the Lucky Cat so far.

accf_001.jpg

Hope the rest will show up shortly! :D

Interstella, have you received the 4 items I sent?[/quote]

I'll have to check it later tonight. My brother borrowed my Wii because of a local Brawl tournament thats happening at our church lol. I'll let you know once I check it, I might open my gates tonight as well :)

[quote name='Filler2001']Anyone need 10 million bells, a complete set of gold tools, and an almost complete KK set? I am deciding whether to distribute these based on my best ACCF friends on here or just any CAGS who want something[/quote]

I will take 10 million bells. What is the catch?

[quote name='crunchewy']Note that Filler has the hacked DLC. Some consider that a substantial catch.[/quote]

Until the link between hacked DLC and AIDS is scientifically proven I see no problem.

[quote name='crunchewy']Note that Filler has the hacked DLC. Some consider that a substantial catch.[/quote]

hmmm......10 million bells though is a lot of bells.

BTW, where is everyone tonight anyway?

[quote name='crunchewy']Note that Filler has the hacked DLC. Some consider that a substantial catch.[/QUOTE]

Id hate to be so crude with this, but no one actually gives a shit about the hacked dlc anymore. Its been proven already that there are thousands of item slots and that the very worst that could happen is being unable to get 1-3 items, and Nintendo wont be dicks to choose those three slots anytime soon, based on them knowing of DsPets situation. Also, I will not give my CAG donation to one guy. I plan on splitting it 3 ways, but Im unsure how I will decide

Another thing I could do (since Im staying active until the day I sell the game) is start up some sort of loan sort of thing where I can lend money and charge 5% per day its not given back. Im going to easily make my money into 25 million when I complete my KK set

Romeo, thanks for the wall!

Eugaet, I hope everything comes your way shortly. I haven't gotten the bells yet either. I hope because everything was such a big order that its taking some time to get there.

The F13 remake was meh. Just meh. This was the first time I let myself get pumped up for a remake/reboot and I was so dissapointed with the end result. It's essentially The Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake with Jason replacing Leatherface. Understanding since there is the same director, same production company and some of the same actors even.
The film flew by before I even knew it, but it seemed like they were trying to cram way too much mythology from the first three movies into this one.
Not even two minutes into the film and Mrs. Voorhess gets decapitated. Then Jason has his burlap sack mask for about 15 minutes. Then suddenly he finds the hockey mask, and the way he is first shown with it is no where near as effective in part 3
The kills aren't even that exciting.
He's essentially just machete happy and loses a lot of the creativity he displayed in previous entries. Still, he's a bit smarter in this one.
If you do opt to see it, let me know if you think
Jason is a pot farmer?
I'm still wrapping my mind around this.

[quote name='crunchewy']Maybe you could could hold a "guess how long before I finally sell the game already" contest. Closest guess wins it all.[/QUOTE]

Crunchewy, you are so fucking funny I forgot to laugh. Have fun worrying about three items while us other CAGs trade in peace.

As far as important things go, I completed the KK set and am starting it up on a FAQs auction. Im hoping for 15-25mil (last set of 50KK songs sold for 10mil, and Im selling all 75)

You're not the only one who'd rather avoid the hacked DLC, crunchewy...the hacked DLC is not worth any number of bells to me.

[quote name='crunchewy']I did play some more and got a sea bass that took the lead and was super happy to get the neutral corner to go along with my blue corner. Just need the other corners now. One of my kids turned in a pike he had in his house to take lead after me. Hopefully he'll win with that. We tried a fair amount and never caught anything bigger then a sea bass.[/quote]

I'll give you a red corner for a blue corner.

Nick
Houston
0989-5286-4864

[quote name='Filler2001']Im already back to where I was in my old file bell wise. 43 million baby! Sold the set for 30 and traded a few ABDs for another 3[/quote]In your old file...did you wipe out the town where you had hacked DLC and start over?

Nope! I just keep on playing! It has been proved (I will restate) That the chances of ever getting into a situation are in the .001 or less percentile and the "situations" Are nothing more than not being able to get a couple items. THIS WILL NOT DESTROY YOUR GAME. It is not worth starting over for something that will never be a problem for me. That is all

bread's done
Back