Animal Crossing: City Folk - Gen. Discussion and info

but i read somewhere that the less bells you bury, the less chance you have of making a tree that actually produces bells. i've been fishing & bug catching at night. catching some giant beatles/rainbow stags that go for 10k each

Actually I've had good luck selling stuff at the flea market. I sold King Tut masks for about 2.6x what Nook offered. The key is having friendly neighbors. Last time I just talked to them frequently and did jobs for them. This time I'm also going to send them letters. I've already mailed them stuff, and received stuff in return.

Incidentally, I did not receive the DLC. :( Nor did my son. Did anyone else miss out? Very sad here. How come some received it and others didn't?

I used that map generator, and maybe I don't get it, but I don't see how it is useful. Without laying down patterns it seems impossible to tell from the map it creates where one acre, or whatever you call it, ends and another starts when actually playing. It seems uselessly detailess. Again, though, I just may not get how you are suppose to use it.

[quote name='PrincessKittyx']but i read somewhere that the less bells you bury, the less chance you have of making a tree that actually produces bells. i've been fishing & bug catching at night. catching some giant beatles/rainbow stags that go for 10k each[/QUOTE]

It's not about making money trees. Burying 100 bells lets you grow more trees instead of waiting for Nook's 3 sapplings everyday.

Someone else on this thread told me you get a 1% chance per 1000 bells that the tree will produce 3 bags of 30000 bells each. Never looked into it after that.
[quote name='prim4444']It's not about making money trees. Burying 100 bells lets you grow more trees instead of waiting for Nook's 3 sapplings everyday.[/quote]Oh, I see.

As for the flea market, I had very friendly neighbors...just not buying ones. :) The whole week before the flea market I talked to each one daily, sent each one letters daily w/ presents attached...I totally ran a campaign. I didn't sell any Triforces that weekend.

To everyone who didn't get the shamrock hat, do you have WiiConnect24 turned on? If not, it has to be on in order for you to get DLC from Nintendo. Just talk to Rover about it before you start up your game or pick up the phone in your house to have him turn it on for you.

PrincessKittyx, that's true about Bell trees not producing money if you bury less Bells. Burying 100 Bells as oemor suggested is just a way to grow more trees without needing to buy the tree saplings from Nook. Even though they won't have money on them when they grow, they'll still grow to full sized trees if they survive. You can also just plant more fruit trees to get enough trees you need per acre.

And if you don't have an SD card, what you can do to still get the picture from your game is this:

1. Add your email address to your Wii address book.
2. You'll receive an email from Nintendo asking you to confirm that you want to receive messages from your Wii, so follow what it says to do to confirm (I think you just have to reply to the message).
3. After you finish adding your email address, you can start up AC:CF again.
4. Take a picture in the game using the 1 button on the Wii Remote.
5. Go to the town hall and use the right window and pick the option for Wii Message Board.
6. Say you want to send the message to a friend.
7. Pick your email address from the list of friends.
8. Write a message (optional).
9. Say yes when they ask if you want to attach a picture to the message.
10. The picture screen will come up showing the last picture that you took in the game. Choose that picture.
11. Send the message.

You should get an email with the picture as an attachment without needing an SD card. I use this method for pictures that have problems saving onto my SD card. The only thing is that you can only send one Wii Message Board message from the game per day per character.

Thanks for the picture help! And yeah i forgot i had said that i bought out all the trees, i'll have to do that tomorrow thanks :)
The thing about the 1% chance is true and the only way to ensure your tree would produce bells is to bury 100k but the tree only produces 90k so its not quite worth it.

I got my shamrock hat today :D and i'm going to try and find someone who has a couple red light sabers for me

[quote name='Miranda']To everyone who didn't get the shamrock hat, do you have WiiConnect24 turned on? If not, it has to be on in order for you to get DLC from Nintendo. Just talk to Rover about it before you start up your game or pick up the phone in your house to have him turn it on for you.[/QUOTE]

I did have WiiConnect24 on, but still did not get the hat yesterday... but all is well now! I checked in early this morning (around 6:30 AM) and there was Pete! I don't know why he was so late, but there he was with my letter from Nintendo! So those of you who didn't get the hat yesterday, don't fret. Check again today. I like the hat, but I have to say that I'd rather they delivered a fix for the grass problem. Oh well.

Turnips are at 163. That is higher than this morning's price. The wizard says it's a small spike week and to sell Thursday morning.

[quote name='PrincessKittyx']The turnip price in my town is always low and joan never has red turnips. Why is that? I'm more concerned about the red turnip peoblem honestly[/quote]
Have you ever time traveled? That's usually why it happens.

I didn't get turnips this week, but my son bought like 20 of them or something. :) Maybe he meant 200. I hope so. Anyway, he wants me to sell them for him, so we'll bite on 366. If you're true to a few hours, I should be able to stop in before 5 PM, I hope, albeit only briefly. Otherwise I'll probably want to stop in later tonight, and will PM.

I'll probably sell about 3000 of my turnips at 366, then I'll wait and see if anyone else has a higher price this week to sell the other 5500.

Nook is buying turnips for 153 in my town now. The wizard is telling me the same thing as Janet. Small spike, sell tomorrow morning.

you kids and your turnips. every single week. :)

i've started to do a funny thing. i've been buying every single item at nooks and selling it back to him every day. i've got tons of bells and i want nook points. and this seems like the best way to get it. and i also like that this is building up my catalog.

i still have no golden axe. does anyone know how to answer, when she asks me how much i want the golden axe? she seems to get mad at me no matter how i answer this question.

and the barred knifejaw has been an oddly elusive. i've been fishing in the ocean for about 15 minutes everyday all march. and no dice. perhaps it'll be easier to catch in april.

[quote name='buttle']you kids and your turnips. every single week. :)

i've started to do a funny thing. i've been buying every single item at nooks and selling it back to him every day. i've got tons of bells and i want nook points. and this seems like the best way to get it. and i also like that this is building up my catalog.

i still have no golden axe. does anyone know how to answer, when she asks me how much i want the golden axe? she seems to get mad at me no matter how i answer this question.

and the barred knifejaw has been an oddly elusive. i've been fishing in the ocean for about 15 minutes everyday all march. and no dice. perhaps it'll be easier to catch in april.[/quote]

I haven't bought any turnips for two weeks, so it's not really a weekly thing for me. I still check the prices every day for other people, even though mine haven't been great.

I started out playing the game buying everything from Nook's & the Able sisters too, but lately they don't sell anything that I don't already have in my catalog, so I don't buy as much anymore. I don't need Nook points anymore after buying 3 thrones (in 3 different towns). There's not much in the points catalog that I want to order.

No golden axe yet either, but sometimes I forget to throw my axe into the fountain. Serena gave me a few silver axes that I just give away since I already have a silver axe. She doesn't seem to want to give me a gold one. It's kind of fun throwing an axe at her with a character that hasn't finished his Nook chores yet. :p She stays in the fountain and just keeps the axe. That might annoy most people to lose an axe, but it's an interesting change from the stuff she usually says.

The barred knifejaw was the second fish I caught this month after a loach. I caught a few other ones later in my town and I only fish in my own town when a neighbor loses their key or wants a fish. I fish more in other people's towns than my own. But barred knifejaws haven't been as elusive for me... hopefully you'll snag one soon.

Gotta close my gate for 20 min or so... then will have gate open for rest of the night.

Romeo was nice enough to leave some Tokonomas by my gate, so if you stop by and you don't have this DLC, feel free to take one.

Thanks for opening your gate yet again, prim. I don't know how you manage to typically have the highest price each week. I went ahead and dumped them all so I could relax over the next few days. Think I'll take a break from the stalk market for a week or two.

If anyone gets a forged scary or dynamic painting, let me know. I'll give 4K for each. I get to display them in my house and you get to recoup your bells.

Thursday morning's price ended up being 168. Hope everybody got to sell at Prim's town.
[quote name='eugaet']
If anyone gets a forged scary or dynamic painting, let me know. I'll give 4K for each. I get to display them in my house and you get to recoup your bells.[/quote]That's funny, I just got a forged dynamic painting. I'll mail it to you later today.

[quote name='Daisydog']That's funny, I just got a forged dynamic painting. I'll mail it to you later today.[/quote]Yay! I'll send the bells next time I'm in the game.

[quote name='Daisydog']Thursday morning's price ended up being 168. Hope everybody got to sell at Prim's town.[/quote]

My morning price only went up 1 Bell from yesterday's afternoon price. 154. I should've sold more of my turnips yesterday.

oh yeah i was wondering how to get black or blue flowers i know theyre hybrids

Edit: nevermind i googled it!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll be playing in a little bit and will of course check our turnip price! Our Nookway (downgraded) is open until 10 eastern. Also, if I don't have rain I'd love to visit a town that does. If I've got rain (or a good turnip price) I'll post.

I would love to visit someone else's town. I have pears, cherries, and coconuts in my town, and I'd like peaches, apples, and/or oranges to have a full grove.

I will post my FC information, or someone can just PM me to not clog up the thread. I'm new to the forums, so I don't want to do anything to get yelled at! :)

Peewee gave me a tuna for my Pop Bloom shirt tonight. Nice trade! Turnips were lousy, incidentally. 96 bells. I've ended up spending some time sending letters to my residents.

[quote name='PrincessKittyx']Im new too and i have all the fruits i'll go to your town :)[/quote]

I'm going to go to the store to pick up things (like real life fruit haha).
I don't know if I'll be able to play online tonight (I'm in the United States), but feel free to PM me with your friend code and information.

Ugh I sold too soon! This is my best turnip price ever: 534

My store is open for two more hours!

PM me info if you'd like to sell

It's sucks you can't take advantage of your own prices.. Hopefully someone will be able to.

Maybe the AC gods are making up for what happened to you yesterday when you came over...

[quote name='stefonzie']Ugh I sold too soon! This is my best turnip price ever: 534

My store is open for two more hours!

PM me info if you'd like to sell[/quote]

I PM'd. Just got back, too!

[quote name='stefonzie']Ugh I sold too soon! This is my best turnip price ever: 534[/quote]Hmmm, could have made an extra 1.7m bells if I had waited a day. Bummer.

Is the throne catalogable? Thinking I'd rather order a few of those instead of moons the next time 5x shopping points day comes round.

I read on one of the FAQs on GFAQs that if you send letters to other people in your town and attach some fruit that they will most likely send you a letter back with a different piece of fruit in it. Is this true? I have sent out quite a few letters to my townspeople and I haven't gotten anything back in return.

I did that the first couple weeks I had the game, they will send you back fruit. Seemed like you had to write a certain amount, maybe two lines worth, to get anything good back. Any more, I just attach 100 bells to each letter. Or shells. I sent shells out when I started and got back apples, pears, and peaches. I had nearly all the fruit the first week just by sending letters.

Yes the AC gods looked down upon me and granted me the power to give wealth to others! haha

I wish I was on earlier today to let people know my shop had good bell price, but I'm glad Miranda and Philly got to take advantage of it! : )

Thanks again you two for coming over!

[quote name='stefonzie']I wish I was on earlier today to let people know my shop had good bell price, but I'm glad Miranda and Philly got to take advantage of it! : )

Thanks again you two for coming over![/quote]

Thanks for having your gate open! :)

Marina was probably my fav in your town too! She's awesome!

Oh dear, I haven't played AC in over a week, I have a feeling my flowers are dying, as well as my one gold rose, and the other flower i got from someone :(
Not good. And my town prolly has tons of weeds, ahhh.

bread's done
Back