Animal Crossing New Leaf

How many of you guys have a Wii U? Nintendo just announced online tournaments for Mario Kart 8. This is the best community of gamers I've ever encountered, so I'm hoping we can get some Mario Kart games happening.

How many of you guys have a Wii U? Nintendo just announced online tournaments for Mario Kart 8. This is the best community of gamers I've ever encountered, so I'm hoping we can get some Mario Kart games happening.
Pre-ordered at Best Buy already. My NNID is in my sig, so add me if you want to play.

I haven't played the game in a few days, and I only had 8 villagers.

There is someone new moving in RIGHT next to my house where I had a nice row of trees and scrubs leading from the beach to Retail.  Honestly that is the one really annoying thing about this game.  I'm major I should have to OK where the houses go.

Cally is moving out in a few days (but I can time travel if anyone is interested):

Cally_NewLeaf_Official.png

I hope MK8 has a great CAG community. It doesn't seem like there are very many good gaming groups on this site anymore. Animal Crossing is one of the few.

I'm pretty much not playing this game anymore, but I think I'll be open for a few hours tomorrow so people can grab free stuff. Haven't decided if I'm going to get rid of things I planned on keeping or not.  Not sure if me not playing is just a phase or permanent yet.

I'm mostly playing to get the gold weed pulling badge. After that, I'm switching my ordinance to beautiful town and probably won't be playing daily.

I got the gold StreetPass badge today. Only 12 badges left for me (3 silver, 9 gold), but I don't think I'll go for all of them, especially not the island medals or dream suite badges.

If I end up buying Tomodachi Life next month, then I definitely won't be playing AC as much.

My gate is open. I ordered some white school caps and red-horned hats. I still have some blue school caps too.

school-cap.jpg
white-school-cap.jpg
red-horned-hat.jpg

Some other random freebies and free flowers by the bulletin board, as usual.

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah I'm on the verge of stopping...my town is close to where I want it. I just have a few villagers I really want to move out lol and I'm working on getting that 80% catalog badge. I think I haven't gotten it yet just because I never really bought clothes until now. :/

I'll probably just open up my town for visits whenever I'm home....and finally play some other games on Xbox. Never did buy a wiiu....the only way they can get me to buy one is if the next Dragon quest came out on it. Otherwise I'm uninterested.

But I'll still check in this thread so for those regularly playing I'll be around. :)

It would be nice to have a WiiU version of Animal Crossing. Here's what the producer said recently, though:

"The current style of Animal Crossing is best suited for a portable device, but if we were to create an Animal Crossing for a home console, I think we would really have to invent a new style that's suitable for the platform."

"We have already started thinking about what to do next, but there is no concrete direction yet. First, we need to decide which hardware to develop a new Animal Crossing for, and then we want to use that hardware and find out what it's capable of and what kind of features it provides. Then we can start thinking of elements of Animal Crossing and how we can realize them using the hardware. So until we discover these new inventions, we will not decide the direction."

I pretty much stopped playing a few weeks back, and then I have a few people more in I hate and lost interest even more.  I'll probably play a little more when the weather sucks again.

Yeah I stopped playing a couple of weeks ago myself, playing every day became a chore and turnip selling via Reddit was taking up too much of my free time.

Still put about 110 hours into it and it was fun while it lasted.

Hopefully now I can finally finish Chrono Trigger :)

I'm still kind of playing and I never got perfect town status since I stopped building PWPs until I got 100M in the bank, so there's still that for me to do.

In an effort to stop hybrids from breeding even more hybrids, I went around my town yesterday and today reorganizing the flowers so that it's not optimal for breeding. It's more difficult than I thought it would be. Somehow, I feel like I have even more hybrids than I don't know what to do with.

I still have similar flowers next to each other, but they're either excess hybrids or regular ones I let die for weed pulling.

man I take a lot of photos with this game!  lol  first time ever I went through my sd card.  there's some fun pics from a looong time ago.

decided it might be neat to share:  https://flic.kr/s/aHsjXXh1G1  

I had over 500 photos but only chose the ones with other people or i thought were cute/funny

I think my turnips are high 300's right now...I can open tmrw night if anyone cares to sell. Let me know.

I got the game on December 22 and played until the 5th.  I averaged 2:44 play time, and played 346:22.  Yikes.  The play time number might be off, because I rarely shut the game down.

Last I checked mine was around 800 hrs...but that is off due to leaving the game on overnight sometimes. But I'm sure I've done at least half that in actual game playing. :) Well worth paying full price on this game lol

This is mine

WQlH3crl.png

I only own three 3DS games - this, Pokemon Y, and Phoenix Wright: Dual Destinies, so obviously this one gets played the most. This game was the reason I got a 3DS in the first place.

I've left my gate open and unattended sometimes, but I think average play time could be accurate, but it's usually less than that now. "Times played" seems like a lot to me - I wonder if it counts all the times I minimized the game to add/remove people on my friends list. I wouldn't think so since the game is still running, but who knows.

I think that could be because I would check my game after every 6 StreetPass hits (even though you can get more than 6 at a time) because that's the amount of people that can welcome you at the HHA gate - it's easier than going to each area of the HHA showcase to find if anyone is holding StreetPass item for you (balloon, pinwheel, bubble wand, ice cream, or tweeter).

I've left my gate open and unattended sometimes, but I think average play time could be accurate, but it's usually less than that now. "Times played" seems like a lot to me - I wonder if it counts all the times I minimized the game to add/remove people on my friends list. I wouldn't think so since the game is still running, but who knows.

I think that could be because I would check my game after every 6 StreetPass hits (even though you can get more than 6 at a time) because that's the amount of people that can welcome you at the HHA gate - it's easier than going to each area of the HHA showcase to find if anyone is holding StreetPass item for you (balloon, pinwheel, bubble wand, ice cream, or tweeter).
Doesn't look like suspending the game and then resuming updates the times played count. I backed out of the game and checked my stats. 1,117:28, 194 times played, 5:45 average. Started the game, went to home screen, opened friend list, back to game, home screen to open notifications, back to game, closed New Leaf and checked stats, times played only bumped to 195.

I suppose I could've tried it myself to find out, but thanks for looking into that!

I just realized why times played is really high - I reset my game a lot! Especially during Festivale to get the whole Pavé set every time he gave me a duplicate. Also during Bunny Day after I got tired of getting candy from eggs. I also reset when playing games with grumpy and peppy campers, and when Sahara gives me something I already have in my catalog. So that makes sense to me now why that's such a huge number.

This is the game Nintendo should have released paid DLC like new areas to live/explore. I would have gladly paid for it and extended my near 1,000 hrs of playing this game

There's so many missed opportunities for paid DLC in this game - Nintendo is leaving money on the table in a time when they could use it.

Paid DLC ideas:

• Holiday themed or Nintendo themed PWPs
  • The ability to change the style of your police station if you want a different look or a different police dog
  • A PWP to move an animal's house - a lot of people get annoyed enough at a villager moving in a bad spot that they'd probably pay for something like this to be able to move them
  • A storage solution - they could do something like Pokemon Bank, but I'm not sure if storage in AC is something people would pay a monthly fee for
  • An area other than the island where you could play with other random people online. Less like the island, more like another town where you can participate in events like Weeding Day, Fishing Tourneys, including all regional events like Setsubun, Lunar New Year, Children's Day, Naughty or Nice Day, etc.
  • A place where you can see NPCs like Tom Nook, Timmy, Tommy, Lyle, the Able sisters, Kicks, etc. when they're not working in their shops. I know you can catch them at Roost once in a while, except for the Able sisters, Harriet, Blathers, and Celeste, but I mean more of a place like seeing where they live. I guess Celeste and Blathers sort of live in the museum since it's open 24 hours.

There's so many missed opportunities for paid DLC in this game - Nintendo is leaving money on the table in a time when they could use it.

Paid DLC ideas:

• Holiday themed or Nintendo themed PWPs
  • The ability to change the style of your police station if you want a different look or a different police dog
  • A PWP to move an animal's house - a lot of people get annoyed enough at a villager moving in a bad spot that they'd probably pay for something like this to be able to move them
  • A storage solution - they could do something like Pokemon Bank, but I'm not sure if storage in AC is something people would pay a monthly fee for
  • An area other than the island where you could play with other random people online. Less like the island, more like another town where you can participate in events like Weeding Day, Fishing Tourneys, including all regional events like Setsubun, Lunar New Year, Children's Day, Naughty or Nice Day, etc.
  • A place where you can see NPCs like Tom Nook, Timmy, Tommy, Lyle, the Able sisters, Kicks, etc. when they're not working in their shops. I know you can catch them at Roost once in a while, except for the Able sisters, Harriet, Blathers, and Celeste, but I mean more of a place like seeing where they live. I guess Celeste and Blathers sort of live in the museum since it's open 24 hours.
I completely agree. It's such a waste. I'd love to have more paired for download things, like the moving of people's houses and such.

One thing I have wanted from an AC was more like Harvest Moon in real time. I'd love to have the train go to a farm that is like the island with mini games and more tree species and hybrid plants, and blueberries and blackberries you can pick.

I have a gut feeling that there will be some sort of an expansion pack announced at E3 for Animal Crossing. They've sold 7.5+ million copies in less than a year. They know people have poured 100+ hours into this game and are dedicated to AC. Announcing a $15-$20 DLC package could be successful. If they sold 1 million sets of that DLC (wouldn't be surprised if that happened) that is a nice chunk of revenue coming in for a company that needs to impress investors any way they can.

I really don't think Nintendo will, they seem pretty clueless with how any of the DLC thing seems to work, and just clueless in general.

If Nintendo was smart Animal Crossing would be The Sims of the 3DS.

I'm not sure how the 3DS counts play time, but i could've sworn the activity log marked me playing 20 hours in one day so I think the system counts suspensions. I could be wrong though.

Absolutely agree re: DLC for the game.  I've been playing AC since the GCN game and unfortunately lost interest in New Leaf well before 50 hours.  But my mother, who doesn't play a single video game outside of basic card/table games online, bought a 3DS just to play New Leaf and still plays every day even though she bought it shortly after launch.  Lately she has been complaining that there's nothing left to do.  I feel like she is that casual demographic Nintendo has been targeting, and she certainly would jump at DLC that would expand the goals in the game.

My daughter is getting back into this, I'm having a hard time getting back ever since I lost 250,000 in turnips. Now I'm dirt poor and I can't muster up the desire to earn them again.

In case you're wondering, sudden real-life obligation took me away from the game for a couple weeks and that's when I realized I had rotten turnips.

I really don't think Nintendo will, they seem pretty clueless with how any of the DLC thing seems to work, and just clueless in general.

If Nintendo was smart Animal Crossing would be The Sims of the 3DS.
I'm pretty sure they announced there would be no paid DLC for the game around the time it was launched. Just promotional freebie items etc.

It would be a big money maker for them though. But I guess the game did launch around the time of that lawsuit over in-app purchases in kids games on phones/tablets leading to hundreds or thousands of dollars of charges from kids not knowing what they were doing. So maybe Nintendo just wanted to avoid that PR I guess.

I'm pretty sure they announced there would be no paid DLC for the game around the time it was launched. Just promotional freebie items etc.

It would be a big money maker for them though. But I guess the game did launch around the time of that lawsuit over in-app purchases in kids games on phones/tablets leading to hundreds or thousands of dollars of charges from kids not knowing what they were doing. So maybe Nintendo just wanted to avoid that PR I guess.
The thing is with Apple any idiot can download whatever and never really know it.

Nintendo has so many damn hoops to jump through. It took me 40 minutes to set everything up once I forgot my codes and such.

I quoted a post from about a month ago where the director of the series says that they don't know which direction they're going with future Animal Crossings or even which system the new one will be for. I wouldn't really expect too much from this game anytime soon.

Bianca's leaving... and I'm sure no one is interested in having her in their town.

I don't think paid DLC would work for animal crossing.  Maybe an expansion of sorts, but something like that means you have to guarantee all players have access to it, and you simply can't do that in New Leaf.

Moe the Cat is moving today, so I'm opening my Gates.  Free Stuff in front of the Train Station, but nowhere else.

I managed to get Catalog Maniac Gold earlier this week.  Very happy about that..

EDIT: and he's been taken.

I'm still trying to get gold on catalog! I think I was way behind on buying tops..so that's my down fall.

My gate is open over night. Been awhile. I set it for early morning. Plenty of free stuff including art items. Charlise is moving soon if anyone wants her...

Stupid Cobb the pig moved right in front of my house! I thought my pwp was close enough but I was wrong...and his house is so ugly too.

Gate open over night. Charlise is ready to move. Redd in town. Perfect Oranges are the special at retail. Still lots of free stuff.

Haha thanks Daniel for freaking me out for a moment...I was so confused on how I got on the beach. :)

I'm still trying to get gold on catalog! I think I was way behind on buying tops..so that's my down fall.

My gate is open over night. Been awhile. I set it for early morning. Plenty of free stuff including art items. Charlise is moving soon if anyone wants her...

Stupid Cobb the pig moved right in front of my house! I thought my pwp was close enough but I was wrong...and his house is so ugly too.
Lol the new animals always find a way to ruin your mayor landscaping. In the end I accepted it and now find it amusing when a new resident parks his/her house directly on a walking pathway... or right in front of a bridge. :rofl:

My gate is open. Turnips are 158 until noon Pacific time.

Free flowers between bulletin board & Re-Tail. Free stuff outside the station - it's mostly the same stuff that's been sitting there for a while now.

bread's done
Back