Animal Crossing New Leaf

Was looking for a rainbow stag for a neighbor in my town, but now that I have one, the option to give it to them isn't there anymore. Maybe they wanted it for the bug catching contest, and now that it is over, they have no need for it? Sneaky.

Anyway, I got approached by another neighbor wanting my rainbow stag so that they could use it as a reference while painting a picture. They offered a tie-dye tank for it.

Is there any reason to trade it, or should I just sell it for the 10k bells?

Added KillerQueen87 and umbry, and everyone on the spreadsheet through #67 now.

I won the bug off, but didn't end up scoring over 80, oh well there's always next month.

Cheater :). Highest I can seem to get is 78, and that was only once, every other bug is like 50 or lower...
Arias butterflies, bees, rainbow stags on trees, birdwing butterfly are all 80+ pointers. Note the size.
I had to sacrifice my face to turn in a bee, but it got me a ladybug carpet.
Hah, same. So I just found out if you visit another town and beat that players high score you get bug items and it won't raise the high score since you aren't a resident of the town. Was wondering how some people got so many bug items

Cheater :). Highest I can seem to get is 78, and that was only once, every other bug is like 50 or lower...

Arias butterflies, bees, rainbow stags on trees, birdwing butterfly are all 80+ pointers. Note the size.
I had to sacrifice my face to turn in a bee, but it got me a ladybug carpet.
Hah, same. So I just found out if you visit another town and beat that players high score you get bug items and it won't raise the high score since you aren't a resident of the town. Was wondering how some people got so many bug items

Wow! Thats nice to know. Need to visit people next month then. Hopefully some people open their gates.

Apologies to anyone who has tried visiting me, it seems to crash anytime a visitor attempts to arrive. Anyone having similar problems? I can travel just fine.

I finally got my copy on Tuesday, and I've been putting in 2 hours a day. I'm loving it just as much as past iterations.

Tortimer came today, so the island opens up tomorrow. I've also had visits from Sahara and that pelican guy.

I wanted to try to get through the initial stages of the game before inviting people, but I will probably post my info tomorrow and add some of you.

My game kept crashing too. One person was fine. Two was trouble.

I'm sorry you didn't get your dresser, Nat. I'll save it for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup addicting...played quite a few hours with my sister tonight.

My gate is open tonight while I'm away. Seems to work just fine. I had some fun surprises last time I left it open. Apples available. :)

Perhaps we should make the first post a wiki at some point for rare item trading, or have another spreadsheet. I know at some point I'll get duplicate Nintendo items.

Went to a gamer meet up and we played some games on the island and got some medal.

I have yet to get the island but i just started so Im not worried.

Got lots of fruit from visiting other people.

My only Nintendo item is the star that plays when you enter my house.

Lost the Bug Off by one point. Then find a Rainbow stag after the contest is over. Will save for next month.

Damn, I wish I knew that earlier. I could have farmed that stuff with my son really easily. I turned in 3 or 4 things over 80 and got nothing for them since they didn't beat my previous high score.

I guess I should find out what I won. I assume I won since I got 120.

-------------------------------------

Good lord - basic 3DS question here... How do you delete "provisional" people from your friends code list? I'm at 100 but I have about 25 that have not reciprocated and I cannot add the rest of the spreadsheet until I clear some of them out. Some of these people are ones that were on the original 3DS friend code list when the system first came out and they never put my code in. It is time for them to go for sure. But I see no way of deleting them from the list. I can't select them or do anything with then in area where you enter new codes. And I can't enter any more since I'm at 100!

--------------------------------------

Also, how do you enable the "best friends" messaging system in AC? It keeps telling me about some parental setting when I try to activate it and I definitely have no parental restrictions set on my 3DS. It is almost like it is buggy here. I'm not sure if anyone else has even tried this feature yet.

Anyone have any tips for fishing? I seem to miss on the bigger fish most of time =[
What do you mean by 'miss'? That you're just too late on the button press? All you need to do is wait for the bobber to go under and just press A once. I haven't noticed any differences between fish.

anyone in need of pears and has a different fruit, I am in need!  Looking for coconuts on the real!

fc: 3110 - 4680 - 7301

Anyone have any tips for fishing? I seem to miss on the bigger fish most of time =[
What do you mean by 'miss'? That you're just too late on the button press? All you need to do is wait for the bobber to go under and just press A once. I haven't noticed any differences between fish.
Oh now I feel dumb haha. I thought you had to press A at different times for different fishes ~_~. Thanks

Added my name in the spreadsheet.

PM me your FC if you want me to add you back!

Native Fruit: Cherries

Time Zone: PST -7

Ordinance: Night Owl

Playtime: 10pm-1:00am

Oh now I feel dumb haha. I thought you had to press A at different times for different fishes ~_~. Thanks
No problem. If you're fishing a lot and your eyes get weary from staring at the bobber, there are also distinct sounds that are made. When a fish touches or pokes at the line, it will make a *drip* sound. When the fish has taken the bait and the bobber goes under, it will make a *splash* sound.

Sometimes I like to just fish with my eyes closed.

for those who are looking for island fruits... i just found out that if you go on the island tours...

you can actually pick up fruits from the trees and bring it back once the tour is over.

finally got mangos and durians doing this. hehe! will get some more.

The ability to go to a "international" version of the island is both cool and scary. I get there and the 1st person to show up is a girl character from Japan...after struggling back and forth in romaji (basically me trying to say my Japanese sucks) she tells me she's 10 years old and I immediately am weirded out. Luckily a Japanese guy rolls in with some English and explains to her that the game came out overseas and foreigners can go to the same island.

Animal Crossing is becoming a bigger and bigger social experiment...

The ability to go to a "international" version of the island is both cool and scary. I get there and the 1st person to show up is a girl character from Japan...after struggling back and forth in romaji (basically me trying to say my Japanese sucks) she tells me she's 10 years old and I immediately am weirded out. Luckily a Japanese guy rolls in with some English and explains to her that the game came out overseas and foreigners can go to the same island.

I went international earlier and some Japanese girl gave me close to a million bells.

I went international earlier and some Japanese girl gave me close to a million bells.
almost a million bells? well i know where im going tonight.... INTERNATIONAL!! hehe!

Abenomics, Animal Crossing-style ;)

How do you go international??

How do you go international??
When you get the ability to go to the island, rack up 50 medals and buy the Tortimer's Club membership (store on the top right of the lobby). Next time you talk to Kappa he'll ask if you want to go to the island alone or with strangers, then if you select strangers you can select your region or int'l.

almost a million bells? well i know where im going tonight.... INTERNATIONAL!! hehe!
Well, crap, when I played last night I ran into at least 12-15 Japanese people and most of them spoke to me in Japanese (strange characters and all) and didn't give me anything :cry:.

I did have a girl from Pennsylvania give me 10,000 bells tonight though ;).

I'm going to have my gate open for the early birds until 10am while I play Last of Us.  Currently I have fruit in my town for apples, cherries, oranges, pears, durians, lemons and mangos.  My coconuts and bananas haven't came in yet.  Take what you need but try and leave some for others.  If you have any peaches or other exotic fruit that I don't have, please leave one for me.

-------------------------------------

Good lord - basic 3DS question here... How do you delete "provisional" people from your friends code list? I'm at 100 but I have about 25 that have not reciprocated and I cannot add the rest of the spreadsheet until I clear some of them out. Some of these people are ones that were on the original 3DS friend code list when the system first came out and they never put my code in. It is time for them to go for sure. But I see no way of deleting them from the list. I can't select them or do anything with then in area where you enter new codes. And I can't enter any more since I'm at 100!

--------------------------------------

Also, how do you enable the "best friends" messaging system in AC? It keeps telling me about some parental setting when I try to activate it and I definitely have no parental restrictions set on my 3DS. It is almost like it is buggy here. I'm not sure if anyone else has even tried this feature yet.
Go to Settings then Delete Friend Card. I've used the best friend setting with my sister when we just want to play...I first had to click on her town card to highlight the heart and she had to do the same...then we have to turn on the feature to talk to each other. I LOVE it. So if I see she's on playing I can go in and talk to her to see if she wants to come to my town or hers.

For me....I would like to know...How do you send mail to other players?! Brett sent me a letter with a gift (thank u!!! love it!) and I didn't know how to mail a letter in return.

Well then...haha...Thank you for finishing my fountain!! :D Thats awesome.

Here are some pics I've taken of those in my town :) I think they'll show up...

532515_10151729775199772_1622564160_n.jpg

7469_10151729775269772_631464059_n.jpg

1017592_10151729775434772_208365146_n.jpg

1001821_10151729775894772_957037371_n.jpg

...he doesn't wake up if ppl are in ur town. :p It was fun hitting him tho.

Turnips are only 91 bells in my town and i had 150k bells I was going to pay to Nook but since I would still need another 350k to pay off my current bill I figured i'd put all 150k into turnips.  I had one day where they were at 205 last week, so even if I get that, im still more than doubling my money.

Turnips are only 91 bells in my town and i had 150k bells I was going to pay to Nook but since I would still need another 350k to pay off my current bill I figured i'd put all 150k into turnips. I had one day where they were at 205 last week, so even if I get that, im still more than doubling my money.
yeah i been watching my stalk market prices last week and found out that theres really money that can be made in this if you plan right. hopefully we'll have some kind of daily update wiki or something for this.

Last week, Joan's price for me was 92 so ill do my buy range at around 90-95

I'm slowly adding everyone from the spreadsheet. Turnips are 91 bells in my town if anyone is interested. Also wondering if anyone would be interested in trading some fruit? I have peaches and would love to grow some foreign fruit orchards.

I'm slowly adding everyone from the spreadsheet. Turnips are 91 bells in my town if anyone is interested. Also wondering if anyone would be interested in trading some fruit? I have peaches and would love to grow some foreign fruit orchards.
I''ll take some turnips at that price. I'll bring some fruit.

Rocking. I'll open my gate in a few minutes.

I've added everyone up to 41 on the spreadsheet except for those that needed me to put in names. I wasn't quite sure what was up with that when a good chunk of folks' info popped up when I added them. Can anyone enlighten me on why that was?

edit: Gate's open.

Rocking. I'll open my gate in a few minutes.

I've added everyone up to 41 on the spreadsheet except for those that needed me to put in names. I wasn't quite sure what was up with that when a good chunk of folks' info popped up when I added them. Can anyone enlighten me on why that was?

edit: Gate's open.
Be there after I clear some room in my storage

bread's done
Back