Animal Crossing New Leaf

What's the best advice for grinding bells on the island. Just go for bugs, or fish your way to bells, or both?
Deciding on a way to get as much money asap.

Bought my first bridge last night. Gonna try and build the campsite tonight.

Thanks

Sharks is the only fish worth fishing and are not that common. Big bugs/beetles are your best bet. Scare the small bugs out of trees so new bugs can respawn on them. And u can also start planting more trees on the island so more bugs can respawn at a time
I get Napoleans and blue marlins regularly. they net 10k each.

Are these morning fishes?I believe i havnt caught these guys yet. I usually play in the evening so yeah.

Are there any bugs specific to those interior trees or flowers on the island? Removing them would force the big bugs to come out a lot more. Just dont want to screw up completing the museum collection later...

You can always replant those trees using fruit taken from tours.

Keep a stump. I found a beetle on a stump I hadn't found before on the island.

I hate villagers asking me to catch fish I've never caught before. I need to start telling them to fuck off with those requests.

I should do that next time. One of my villagers actually asked me to get him a shark. I gave him one and he just rewards me with a crappy tshirt!

I would not run on anyone's grass. My Wii version ended up with ugly dirt paths all over the place and I hated that. It wasn't so much from guests, but from my kids. Now that I have my own town I don't want that happening.

Yeah if they have a lot of the same fruit trees I suppose it's fine to shake and take. But you never know if they want to plant those fruits later. I know I had perfect oranges in my tree that someone took without asking. Likewise I wouldn't want anyone taking any persimmons since I just planted my first tree.
How do you get persimmon? I've only ever seen it in the maze challenge and you can't pick up stuff they don't want in that, right?

Yeah it's rather rude to take someone's perfect fruit and to cut down trees and stuff like that.
My son sold my perfect pear. What purpose do they serve though? And can you get them at any time? It seemed like every town gets one in the very beginning (since my sons also got them) so I was worried they would never return.

I got my first persimmon from making a delivery request for one of town's residents. Other than that, the only way you can get it is through the department store upgrade.

For people that want to sell Turnips, ReTail is currently paying 406 each in my town. Katrina is here too, so go nuts. Opening gate now.

I don't get hats sometimes. I've got a couple of Pikmin hats that let me wear this gas mask just fine over my face, but this new Toad hat blocks the mask.

I'm very ocd and am renovating my town's landscaping to a particular desired result.  Right now a ton of trees are all pear trees (native) but i'll be slowly converting to other fruit and pine.  

The problem with shaking trees and taking fruit without asking is that now I have to wait another three days for the fruit to come back so i know which fruit tree is which. It's early days yet, and it's not a huge problem but it's just etiquette.  When SuperDawn came and visited, she was a perfect example of an appropriate visitor.  So far, most visitors have been absolute delights to have in. =)

In other news, turnips have been in low 100's so far this week in my town.  blah.

Yeah if they have a lot of the same fruit trees I suppose it's fine to shake and take. But you never know if they want to plant those fruits later. I know I had perfect oranges in my tree that someone took without asking. Likewise I wouldn't want anyone taking any persimmons since I just planted my first tree.
How do you get persimmon? I've only ever seen it in the maze challenge and you can't pick up stuff they don't want in that, right?
I bought one in someone's upgraded shop.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to post again so soon, but I'm almost positive I've added everyone who has added me as we'll as everyone in the spreadsheet. Shoot me a PM if I missed you.

Anyone know if it's possible to leave items in the hosting player's world which only the host can take? I've been attempting to hide/bury treasure for the host to find, but I fear that other visiting players may take it.

Anyone having problems with the game crashing while you are on the island? It has happened to me twice now and I don't know what's going on. I have a retail copy and I'm on an original 3ds. Any suggestions? Thanks.
I have only been to the island a couple times, but I lost 2 hours of time last night when I got an error message and the game force closed.
I turned off my 3ds after it happened to me and, to be honest, that was probably the first time it had been off since I got the game. Anyway, I was on the island long enough to get my swim suit and somewhere in the neighborhood of 80,000 bells worth of bugs & stuff and had no problems.
Never added friends before and I'll probably go through the info in the OP tonight.

My friend code is 4210-4158-4189
Also, my twitter is @m3talst0rm if anyone wants to follow. I've become quite addicted to posting ac pics.

Anyone know if it's possible to leave items in the hosting player's world which only the host can take? I've been attempting to hide/bury treasure for the host to find, but I fear that other visiting players may take it.
You can buy some paper from the Nooklings and mail the host a letter while you are in the town.

It's supposed to grow back better than it did in City Folk. Rain helps it grow faster I think.

Is Blanca in this game? I always loved her in the previous games. I haven't seen her mentioned online though.

It says 3/4 when searching for town, but is full when selected? 

Never mind, got in.

PLEASE NOTE:

If you added me but I haven't returned the favor, please PM me so I can do so immediately. I'm pretty sure I have a few I need to do so.

Apparently we have set a new standard tonight for turnip prices :D
gx2YeY8.jpg

Shoot. Edison, did you need some fruits? Let me know if you need any and I'll head to your town and hook you up.
No, I'm okay. I think I have at least 1-2 trees of everything growing except the persimmons.

Did you get a slingshot when T&T opened? Mine should open tomorrow.

Shoot. Edison, did you need some fruits? Let me know if you need any and I'll head to your town and hook you up.
No, I'm okay. I think I have at least 1-2 trees of everything growing except the persimmons.

Did you get a slingshot when T&T opened? Mine should open tomorrow.
Yep, there sure was a slingshot in T&T today. I already had one from visiting someone else's town a few days ago though, so Prim4444 snatched it up.

Well, I think it was Prim... A lot of people came into town today. Getting mixed up now, haha.

So apparently I'm getting the "Dream Suite" tomorrow (assuming I can bug-farm enough to pay it off tonight - edit, I'm just 2000 bells short so yeah I will).  I haven't heard much about that but I did see Japanese players on the island with "dream addresses" or something on their player cards that looked like friend codes but must work with this new place I'm getting...

And again, anyone know what the "perfect" fruits are for?

Also getting the dream suite tomorrow. Have a few dream codes written down will check it out tomorrow.

Perfect fruit is mostly to facilitate trade and traveling. Gains more $ in foreign towns.

Also getting the dream suite tomorrow. Have a few dream codes written down will check it out tomorrow.

Perfect fruit is mostly to facilitate trade and traveling. Gains more $ in foreign towns.
OK, I thought maybe it grew some sort of super-tree or something. If that is all it is, then I won't be quite so mad at my son for selling mine. It still seems like there was one and only one the first day and none since.

My son sold my perfect pear. What purpose do they serve though? And can you get them at any time? It seemed like every town gets one in the very beginning (since my sons also got them) so I was worried they would never return.

Perfect fruits sell for more bells, so they are more valuable in that way.

I ate the first one I had by accident. >_<

OK, I thought maybe it grew some sort of super-tree or something. If that is all it is, then I won't be quite so mad at my son for selling mine. It still seems like there was one and only one the first day and none since.
It is supposed to grow a 'super tree' according to thonky. It will only work with your native fruit, but should produce a tree that will only produce perfect fruit for 4-7 harvest. I had a perfect orange when I started, but I sold it and haven't had another yet to try it with.

If you plant the perfect fruit, a perfect tree will grow that only grows perfect fruit. Much rarer for normal trees to grow perfect fruit. You also can only grow perfect trees using native fruit.

A perfect fruit is a rare form of your native fruit. There is one piece of rare fruit in the town when you start the game. Rare fruit may appear randomly as well. There's no way to tell if it is rare unless you shake the tree and view the item bubble.

You can plant a rare fruit which will grow into a rare fruit tree. The rare fruit in the tree is distinguishable as rare fruit as well. The tree will have several harvests before dying out.

You can not get perfect fruit for fruits that are not native to your town; if you pickup a perfect fruit in someone else's town and go back to yours, it'd just be a regular fruit. I'm not sure if you can get perfect fruit from someone if you both have the same native fruit however.

A perfect fruit is a rare form of your native fruit. There is one piece of rare fruit in the town when you start the game. Rare fruit may appear randomly as well. There's no way to tell if it is rare unless you shake the tree and view the item bubble.

You can plant a rare fruit which will grow into a rare fruit tree. The rare fruit in the tree is distinguishable as rare fruit as well. The tree will have several harvests before dying out.

You can not get perfect fruit for fruits that are not native to your town; if you pickup a perfect fruit in someone else's town and go back to yours, it'd just be a regular fruit. I'm not sure if you can get perfect fruit from someone if you both have the same native fruit however.
I have the perfect Apple from my other son's town (he gave it to me) and it is still a "Perfect Apple" in my inventory. But probably if I plant it I'll just get a regular Apple tree. I'll give it back to him and let him plant it.

And the perfect fruits are different looking - I noticed right away that one of my pears (the one on the top) was different than the other two. And it was the same with my son's apple tree.

Thanks for the tips guys about the bug farming. Do you recommend keeping the trees in the middle of the island for farming or not?

Now that I got the bug farming down, I am getting money faster which is awesome.

I have yet to see a Perfect Pear in my town.  I'm confident I did not start with one.  And if it did...I hope it grows back :S

Anyway...

- Finished my 3rd Bridge

- Started the Public Works Project for the Museum's 2nd floor (Surprisingly cheap)

- Got my prize in the mail from Gulliver

- Got a new carpet/wall from Sahara

I had persimmons in my pockets during the fruit maze game, but Tortimer made me give it up. Any way to keep that? I am upgrading the shop today, so maybe it wont matter. Persimmons are in the upgraded shop, right? I think I have the rest growing in my town now...

I've made solid progress the past couple days since starting the Island bug farming.

Paid off the second expansion on my house, and most of the third.  Built two bridges.  Dream center thing is paid off and will open tomorrow.  Nooks should closed for upgrade today, etc.

6tzc7Nc.jpg

Holo the Wise Wolf

Maybe if I bring her apples she will make my grass grow back ^^

bread's done
Back