Animal Crossing New Leaf

After playing it since its release, I finally put New Leaf down for about a week. When I returned to it, I could not help but come to the realization that the game is work and offers little to no reward and is really limited. What keeps everyone here motivated to play? 

Last edited by a moderator:
I play because it allows me to turn my brain off for a while.

Getting the final Nooklings upgrade today (it's building today). Hopefully I can catch a bloody scorpion tonight, and then I can relax with trying for trades and the like.

Man, I can't wait for Gracie's last check so I can get the ultimate Nook store.  Lucky!

Dagolara, whenever you're ready I can head on over.  Doesn't look like you are currently open.

After playing it since its release, I finally put New Leaf down for about a week. When I returned to it, I could not help but come to the realization that the game is work and offers little to no reward and is really limited. What keeps everyone here motivated to play?
I can only play the same old killing, jump and do random stuff for so long. This allows me to kick back in a peaceful town to plant, alter, swim, dig, shake trees, dress up in random clothes and other various stuff that you can't do in most other games. I'm looking forward to October when the seasons change and all the holidays start to come into play.

Gracie gives you a present if you pass the check, right? I had historical as my first one. I had everything right, but forgot about socks. I think I passed it, but am not entirely sure.

Curt is moving out today. If anyone wants to come over and convince him to move into your town, let me know.

Curt_AC3.png

My gate is open. Come take stuff! A lot of pinwheels, balloons, some bubble wands, random other stuff. I'll be afk.

Gracie gives you a present if you pass the check, right? I had historical as my first one. I had everything right, but forgot about socks. I think I passed it, but am not entirely sure.
If she said you passed, then you passed. She does give a gift if you pass it.

Got my 4th check today and passed! I'm wondering when they'll start to build the final store... Better be fast.

Got a Loid up for my police station! FINALLY! Going right under my town hall and pretty close to Re-Tail as well to deter thieves. ;)

Opened up now. Still got tons o'stuff.

If she said you passed, then you passed. She does give a gift if you pass it.

Got my 4th check today and passed! I'm wondering when they'll start to build the final store... Better be fast.

Got a Loid up for my police station! FINALLY! Going right under my town hall and pretty close to Re-Tail as well to deter thieves. ;)

Opened up now. Still got tons o'stuff.
It's pretty fast. I passed the check and the next day the notice went up about the store being built. I did not get a Gracie furniture prize for each pass. 3 of the 4.

Gracie has Sweets Furniture in Gotham today.

Do the Gracie items on offer at the department store change daily?

I got prizes for every check.  3 Gracie items and then 1 Sweets item for the last one.

My gate is open again for about half an hour. Still have some pinwheels, balloons, bubble wands, and other stuff on the ground! Take stuff, buy whatever you want from the shops (including fortune cookies), and meet the animals! They won't bite.

And Gulliver is here! I'll have to wake him up after I close my gate.

EDIT: Closed now.

All these damn sheep keep moving into my town. Got rid of Wendy, have Pietro and Frita in my town and now Vesta is moving in tomorrow.

I haven't played in over a week, didn't sell my turnips last week or buy any this week.

I think I'm done with the game other than popping in to check out the season changes and holidays etc. (since I bought digitally and can't sell it).

I'll take it. :lol:

Nook is closing tomorrow to remodel.  YAY

Open!  Still got a ton of crap on my lawn.  Will probably purge some of it tonight.  Gyroids are double at Re-Tail if you want to sell any.  I will sell all the ones left on the lawn after today.

There's a Royal Crown for sale at Able's for $1.2 mil.  I ain't buying it so if anyone wants it, you can have it.  I'd appreciate it if you'd let me catalog it though before leaving.

I'll take it. :lol:

Nook is closing tomorrow to remodel. YAY

Open! Still got a ton of crap on my lawn. Will probably purge some of it tonight. Gyroids are double at Re-Tail if you want to sell any. I will sell all the ones left on the lawn after today.

There's a Royal Crown for sale at Able's for $1.2 mil. I ain't buying it so if anyone wants it, you can have it. I'd appreciate it if you'd let me catalog it though before leaving.
I'll visit after dinner and send it via mail.

Decided to start changing my town with Halloween looking projects. Figure if places such as Disneyland and Universal Studios are already prepping for Halloween, than my town should too :p

Too bad we can't add fog machines throughout the town :whistle2:(

Unfortunately I have to shut down early tonight.  Either I am sick or am having bad allergy symptoms because now I am feeling dizzy.  Hopefully I will be better tomorrow!

Explicit, are you using the diving trick to get more PWPs?  I think I have approximately zero "Halloweenish" type projects.  What did you have in mind?

Explicit, are you using the diving trick to get more PWPs? I think I have approximately zero "Halloweenish" type projects. What did you have in mind?
I've never used the diving trick. My town folk have always suggested a projects at least 3 times a week.

Well, I've already started construction on the Archway Sculpture. Tomorrow I plan on placing a Stone Tablet among a couple trees as a "tombstone/graveyard." I wish I would have a villager request the Scarecrow, Sphinx, Moai Statue and Windmill. I will tear the "Halloweenish" ones down, keep the Scarecrow around for Thanksgiving and would take that down starting Black Friday. Right after Halloween and install the illuminated clock and tree for Christmas.

Now to just get these damn animals to request what i want. :/

Did anyone get the Best Buy items after the first one?  I sort of stopped playing and just forgot about it but I'm back into the game now (going for the perfect town streak for the golden watering can).  If anyone can order me one of each I'd appreciate it.  I can trade balloon stuff or some extra Mario items or whatever.

I have not been able to catch tarantulas or scorpions.  I have seen only a handful and I mostly play at night.  But I did see 2 scorpions just the other night and they both disappeared before I could even switch to my net.

I also still get no town project suggestions.  When I got perfect (just for starting to build the Reset Center - didn't even finish it), I got a couple more added by Isabella.  But I've gotten no suggestions from the animals since like the first couple of weeks of the game.  And I even tried the coin thing for a while.  They always just want to change greetings or nicknames   :bomb:.

Did anyone get the Best Buy items after the first one? I sort of stopped playing and just forgot about it but I'm back into the game now (going for the perfect town streak for the golden watering can). If anyone can order me one of each I'd appreciate it. I can trade balloon stuff or some extra Mario items or whatever.

I have not been able to catch tarantulas or scorpions. I have seen only a handful and I mostly play at night. But I did see 2 scorpions just the other night and they both disappeared before I could even switch to my net.

I also still get no town project suggestions. When I got perfect (just for starting to build the Reset Center - didn't even finish it), I got a couple more added by Isabella. But I've gotten no suggestions from the animals since like the first couple of weeks of the game. And I even tried the coin thing for a while. They always just want to change greetings or nicknames :bomb:.
I have all the Bestbuy DLC plus the monthly stuff since the game came out in the US. The non-orderable things (like the Shaved Ice Lamp, Pumpkin Pie, or Afternoon Tea Set) aren't for trade, though.

For PWP, have you tried dumping everything out of your inventory and finding someplace to hide away from your villagers? (Swimming works a treat, but isn't necessary)

My list is full for Gotham, but Arkham has a lot less people on that list and all the orderable items as well. (I'll make sure, and order them on Gotham if it doesn't).

I have all the Bestbuy DLC plus the monthly stuff since the game came out in the US. The non-orderable things (like the Shaved Ice Lamp, Pumpkin Pie, or Afternoon Tea Set) aren't for trade, though.
Wha? When did all that stuff come out? I know the tea set is happening now so I can still get that. I just remember the Raccoon clock was the first thing and I did the SSID change trick to get it. And I was able to order more of those from Nook. Then I just forgot about the others.

Wha? When did all that stuff come out? I know the tea set is happening now so I can still get that. I just remember the Raccoon clock was the first thing and I did the SSID change trick to get it. And I was able to order more of those from Nook. Then I just forgot about the others.
The Shaved Ice Lap came from Nintendo I think, to promote the Wii U AC Plaza.

The Pumpkin Pie was from Nintendo Zone last week/2 weeks ago.

The Raccoon Clock, Cat Tower, Suitcase, and Double Neck Guitar came from Best Buy NZones only.

The DLC you get from your own networks since the game came out in the US are the Fullmoon Vanity. Fireworks Table, Rainbow Screen, Palm Tree Lamp,

I have some orderable JP DLC, but I don't feel like looking them up to list them.

Open.  Still not feeling well so I might be afk a lot.  Items of note: Carpet sells for double at Re-Tail, and feel free to take the junk in the police station.

I'm gonna leave my gate open today. Finally got my last Gracie check so store will start change tmrw. Nothing special going on but i have a ton of free items outside. :) Feel free to catalog, take, bring Katie, and shop. Ill be at work so if it resetti's....nothing I can do.

Holy shit the department store is so awesome! :whee:

Thanks to everyone who visited while I was under bedrest yesterday.  Saw quite a few items were claimed.  I will be open later.

*ATTENTION* *ATTENTION*

Turnips are 506 bells afternoon price! Will be opening up shortly!!

Edit: Opened but also opening up to people on Gfaqs; CAGers get priority so if you try to get in and it's full, let me know and I will let you in ASAP.

*ATTENTION* *ATTENTION*

Edit: Opened but also opening up to people on Gfaqs; CAGers get priority so if you try to get in and it's full, let me know and I will let you in ASAP.
Of course they are because I sold for the mid 300 on reddit earlier, grumble.

Of course they are because I sold for the mid 300 on reddit earlier, grumble.
U mad?

The weird thing is there have been zero takers on Gamefaqs.

Other notes: Gracie is going to put me into bankruptcy. I think I spent like 500k bells at her department store shop today. I also put a bunch of new stuff into the FFA to make room.

U mad?

The weird thing is there have been zero takers on Gamefaqs.

Other notes: Gracie is going to put me into bankruptcy. I think I spent like 500k bells at her department store shop today. I also put a bunch of new stuff into the FFA to make room.
lol. I had a good price yesterday but the person had something come up so I was out for don't take a loss today heh.

*ATTENTION* *ATTENTION*

Could you let me know when you have room? I'd like to come and sell.

I've reopened.  Had to shower.  Only have one other person in here now so this is a good time to sell turnips.

Jerps I tried to come into your town to grab Graham but it kept giving me an error message.  May try again later.

bread's done
Back