Animal Crossing: Wild World Thread #2!!

Anyone want to help me out by sending me some fruit, other than pears? I need another source of money, so I can get the next upgrade for my house quicker.

I am not sure how this would go about, but if anyone would be willing to help, I'd appreciate it.

[quote name='craven_fiend']Anyone want to help me out by sending me some fruit, other than pears? I need another source of money, so I can get the next upgrade for my house quicker.

I am not sure how this would go about, but if anyone would be willing to help, I'd appreciate it.[/QUOTE]

just visit a town of someone who has all fruit... if I have time in friday I may be able to have a few people over.

Anyone want to help me out by sending me some fruit, other than pears? I need another source of money, so I can get the next upgrade for my house quicker.

I got my fruit by mailing the fruit to all people in town. When they reply, they often attach fruit that isn't native from your town.

Thanks guys.

I'll try mailing my town mates fruit in hopes of getting non native fruit.

Then I'll visit another town this weekend and get what I am unable to get from them.

And how do I tell what trees will produce acorns? Or is it just any non fruit tree?

yes its cedar trees.

originally i sent my neighbors a lot of fruit too and got most of the fruits.

if you want to meet up though i can give you plenty of all the fruits.

[quote name='iheartmetal']yes its cedar trees.

originally i sent my neighbors a lot of fruit too and got most of the fruits.

if you want to meet up though i can give you plenty of all the fruits.[/quote]

I should be around at some point this evening, just hit me up in this topic if you see me online.

Will cedar saplings grow anywhere? I know fruit trees won't grow everywhere so I test out soil using cheap native fruit before planting 500 bell fruit. Are cedar saplings the same

[quote name='espy605']Will cedar saplings grow anywhere? I know fruit trees won't grow everywhere so I test out soil using cheap native fruit before planting 500 bell fruit. Are cedar saplings the same[/quote]

Um, I don't think it matters where you plant cedar saplings. And I think coconut trees are the only fruit trees where location matters.

Um, I don't think it matters where you plant cedar saplings. And I think coconut trees are the only fruit trees where location matters.

Sometimes fruit trees will die if planted. They look wilted the next day, then the day after they just disappear entirely. If you plant a bunch of fruit near each other you can see the difference because not all of them will grow.

[quote name='espy605']Sometimes fruit trees will die if planted. They look wilted the next day, then the day after they just disappear entirely. If you plant a bunch of fruit near each other you can see the difference because not all of them will grow.[/quote]

Weird... that hasn't happened to me yet. And I have a ton of mixed fruit trees all together in groups.

[quote name='espy605']Sometimes fruit trees will die if planted. They look wilted the next day, then the day after they just disappear entirely. If you plant a bunch of fruit near each other you can see the difference because not all of them will grow.[/QUOTE]

its happening because the trees are too close together or too close to an object (rock, house, edge of town). they should always grow as long as they have enough room.

also, anyone want to meet up tonight?

its happening because the trees are too close together or too close to an object (rock, house, edge of town). they should always grow as long as they have enough room.

That can't be because I test plant everywhere, and I've had them die in places where they have enough room to grow.

[quote name='iheartmetal']second week of october[/QUOTE]

thanks... it's also hard to think most of us (or a few) have been still playing this about a year after release... scary.

Mmm. I took a loooong break from this game, but recently came back and paid off my debt- not sure which one it was, but apparantly I'm getting a new room next.

In any case... once I finish paying them all off (and most likely get wifi by this time) I'm gonna try to get a complete (as possible) catalog. >:3

[quote name='sixersballernum3']Mmm. I took a loooong break from this game, but recently came back and paid off my debt- not sure which one it was, but apparantly I'm getting a new room next.

In any case... once I finish paying them all off (and most likely get wifi by this time) I'm gonna try to get a complete (as possible) catalog. >:3[/quote]
Sounds good. Good luck with collecting everything for your catalog, it's possible, but it takes forever. I believe Scobie and maybe RelentlessRolento are the only ones here that are even close to achieving a full catalog.

I think I have maybe 1/2 of the catalog, and I've been playing since the game came out. I'm just not as hardcore as RR and Scobie though.

[quote name='yukine']Good luck with collecting everything for your catalog, it's possible, but it takes forever. I believe Scobie and maybe RelentlessRolento are the only ones here that are even close to achieving a full catalog.[/QUOTE]

It's a *total* pain in the ass collecting everything, especially rare items from ass-chomps like Gracie and Gulliver in the flying saucer.

As of tonight I've got the complete house and about 15 million in the bank plus:
473 out of 562 furniture items
56 out of 63 wallpapers
55 out of 63 carpets
187 out of 256 shirts
32 out of 32 umbrellas (COMPLETE!)
117 out of 130 hats/glasses/masks
63 out of 63 papers (COMPLETE!)
92 out of 127 gyroids
52 out of 52 fossils (COMPLETE!)
All but two fish
All but three insects

And a good number of neighbor pictures, plus all of the U.S. Mario promo items plus the U.K./Japan Mario wallpaper/carpet combo.

I dunno if Rolento is more *ahem* Relentless than that, but I'm fairly pleased with my progress.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']when will the pine trees start bearing cones?[/QUOTE]

I thought it was the acorn festival, which means it's the saplings that you need to be buying, not the pine/cedar trees. Is this right?

Hey Relento, things have improved in my town since the last time you saw it during the summer... I was Ross in Alphaton... do you remember it at all? How has yours been? I remember your house as cool, especially the bar!

I recall connecting with several other people on here but I dont know their user names... I'd connect with Iheartmetal but right now I have no acess to wi-fi. However I might during the weekend so let me know what hours you play.

Yeah I still remember the town a bit. I think you were in the middle of remodeling and setting things up for the better ;)

I have a majority of the catalog, but am a bit behind since over the past few months I've been a little too busy with school and work to have much of a life.

I am looking very forward to Animal Crossing when it hits the Wii whenever since I've seen how well every angle of the game has formed with ACWW.

only a few months away rom palying for a year :)

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Yeah I still remember the town a bit. I think you were in the middle of remodeling and setting things up for the better ;)

I have a majority of the catalog, but am a bit behind since over the past few months I've been a little too busy with school and work to have much of a life.

I am looking very forward to Animal Crossing when it hits the Wii whenever since I've seen how well every angle of the game has formed with ACWW.

only a few months away rom palying for a year :)[/quote]

Yeah, I think I've been playing since Novemeber of 2005. I've almost got all the fish and bugs, woot.

I don't plan on going crazy with it, but I think it's a good thing to work towards once I pay off Nook, or I fear I'd slowly lose interest again with no debt to drive me.

man im still hoping it turns out they left the ability to insert downloadble NES games and will surprise us down the road with it...

sigh...

Wishful thinking. I booted it up for the first time in months a few nights ago and literally spent 30 minutes pulling weeds. Exhilarating.

[quote name='Arkay Firestar']man im still hoping it turns out they left the ability to insert downloadble NES games and will surprise us down the road with it...

sigh...

Wishful thinking. I booted it up for the first time in months a few nights ago and literally spent 30 minutes pulling weeds. Exhilarating.[/QUOTE]

any cockroach killing as well? that's actually pretty fun to do at your house when you don't play for a while..

[quote name='Arkay Firestar']man im still hoping it turns out they left the ability to insert downloadble NES games and will surprise us down the road with it...

sigh...

Wishful thinking. I booted it up for the first time in months a few nights ago and literally spent 30 minutes pulling weeds. Exhilarating.[/QUOTE]

with ds download stations and wifi its possible. but itd doubtful as most of the things that have been made available were already programmed on the game but just hidden.

man im still hoping it turns out they left the ability to insert downloadble NES games and will surprise us down the road with it...

It won't happen because Nintendo realized they could make money with the NES Classics series on the GBA. Including free NES games in AC:WW doesn't make financial sense, especially when they could make a few extra bucks on them again, with no real overheard, when the Wii comes out.

hey gang, i stole this from animalxing.com forums, credit goes to tcromis

[quote name='tcmoris @ animalxing.com']I know there's already a thread on this topic, but I wanted the FAQ to be at the top of the thread so that I could update it. Also, since not much research is needed, I figured this fit better here than under research. Mods, please forgive me if I've done a bad thing!

I've gleaned this information from various sources:

Acorn Festival starts second Monday in October and lasts one week. For 2006 that means:
10/9/2006 – 10/15/2006
At the risk of confusing people, in future years it will be:
10/8/2007 – 10/14/2007
10/13/2007 – 10/19/2007

and so on.

Here's the list of furniture and costs:

Code:
Item Additional Cost Total Cost
Mushroom Stool 5 5
Mushroom End Table +5 10
Mushroom Lamp +15 25
Mushroom Chair +15 40
Mushroom Dresser +20 60
Mushroom Closet +20 80
Mushroom Stand +20 100
Mushroom Table +20 120
Mushroom TV +20 140
Mushroom Bed +30 170
Forest Wall +30 200
Forest Floor +30 230

The number is cumulative, so after you get the mushroom stool, you only have to give 5 more acorns to get the end table. 230 total acorns gets you ALL the furniture.

- Acorns appear under the non-fruit trees (not pine trees). Acorns are randomly generated though, so not all trees will have them. I believe they are generated every day, NOT every 3 days like fruit (wouldn’t make much sense for them to take 3 days when the festival is only 1 week). If they appear for a tree, there will be 3 acorns (unless something is occupying the spot; see below).

- You get one batch of acorns per day. They do not regenerate for each player in your town.

- Thus, start planting “normal” (not fruit, not pine) trees in September to get ready. Freezey reports that with about 156 trees, he had 11 acorns left at the end of the week, after getting one set of furniture.

- Money trees turn into "normal trees" after they have matured. Therefore, money trees produce acorns.

- Acorns either are “good” or “rotten.” Good acorns will not rot over time.

- Rotten acorns look the same as good ones on the ground, but appear as rotten in your inventory.

- If you talk to Cornimer with a rotten acorn in your inventory, he will take all your acorns but not add any to your total. You lose that batch. I don’t think you lose any previously-counted acorns. For example:
You give Cornimer 50 acorns through a series of exchanges. You now have the stool, end table, mushroom lamp, and chair.
You give him 10 more acorns, but one is rotten. Bye-bye 10 acorns.
You gather 10 more acorns and are careful this time to be sure none are rotten. You talk to Cornimer, bringing your total to 60 and get the dresser.

- If you give Cornimer more than one load of acorns in one day, he will also give you a fortune - this is an opportunity to add Tortimer Paper to your catalog.

- Clear away any weeds/flowers/items you may have under your trees, as acorns will only appear if the ground beneath the tree is clear. (Basically, the acorns will appear in the same place as if you were shaking a fruit tree).

- Sell/recycle any rotten acorns that are lying around, as they will prevent new acorns from generating in that spot.

- This is a week long event, thus no special visitors will be arriving in your town EXCEPT for K.K. Slider, who will appear as usual.

- Cornimer doesn't appear when your gate is open, so visitors can't give your Cornimer acorns.

- One time-traveler reports that you can only get the one set. After that Cornimer will still take any acorns but he doesn't give anything for them.

- There are 5 kinds of acorns: Small Acorn, Acorn (a normal acorn), Large Acorn, Round Acorn and Rotten Acorn. They all look the same on the ground but are different in your inventory. Cornimer doesn't care what kind of acorn as long as it isn't rotten (they all count as 1 acorn). However, if you sell them to Nook, you get different prices (Rotten Acorn 2 bells, Small Acorn 50 bells, Acorn 80 bells, Round Acorn 100 bells, Large Acorn 200 bells.

- It has been reported that since Cornimer is Tortimer in a mask, you can give Cornimer the massage chair and get the next item in the trade sequence.

- Click here to see pictures of all the acorn festival items

Unanswered Questions:

- Can each player get a set of mushroom furniture, or do everyone’s contributions count toward the total, or what? UPDATE: the answer seems to be yes, each player can get a set. Getting enough acorns may be impossible, though. Better work together!

- What proportion of trees produce acorns each day? How many trees are needed to be sure and get 230 acorns? UPDATE: the answer seems to be, about 160 trees.[/url][/QUOTE]

in other news, i am looking for an amazing machine, let me know if you can order it for me.

My wi-fi is working (had to replace the router) so I can be active again. For a heads up this was spotted in the latest Nintendo Power:

"Each Friday, Nintendo sends a letter with an attached item to all residents of Animal Crossing: Wild World; all you have to do to receive it is connect to Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection. Keep an eye out for the October 20th giveaway in particular, as Nintendo is planning to sent out an especially valuable item that day in honor of the Clubhouse Games launch."

And if you still need it Metal, I can order an amazing machine. I won't be available till tomorrow at the earliest though.

[quote name='Doylerulez']My wi-fi is working (had to replace the router) so I can be active again. For a heads up this was spotted in the latest Nintendo Power:

"Each Friday, Nintendo sends a letter with an attached item to all residents of Animal Crossing: Wild World; all you have to do to receive it is connect to Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection. Keep an eye out for the October 20th giveaway in particular, as Nintendo is planning to sent out an especially valuable item that day in honor of the Clubhouse Games launch."

And if you still need it Metal, I can order an amazing machine. I won't be available till tomorrow at the earliest though.[/QUOTE]

awesome, yeah order me one and i can swing by your town tomorrow evening, or you can come to mine

[quote name='Doylerulez'] "Each Friday, Nintendo sends a letter with an attached item to all residents of Animal Crossing: Wild World; all you have to do to receive it is connect to Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection. Keep an eye out for the October 20th giveaway in particular, as Nintendo is planning to sent out an especially valuable item that day in honor of the Clubhouse Games launch."[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up!

sure, I think I have you added (Daniel from Midgard) and I ordered the item this afternoon, if you wanna open up, I can swing by.

n/m, my gates will be open for a bit (half hour or so), then I'm done for the night. If you don't make it, I'll have more time tomorrow.

lame, i doubt i made it tonight. well i have tomorrow off, so lets meet up then.

in the meantime, im goin to oepn my gates, because im really drunk. (for the record i retyped drunk 4 times, but only did this message after twice.)

When watering the Red turnips, do I have to water them at the same time every day? I've watered them every day since Sunday and then I go to water them today, and they were no longer there. Do they completely go underground? Or am I now shit out of luck?

And on a side note, I got an acorn from my mom in the mail. 1 down only a handful more to go.

amazing machine? anyone?

craven, the turnip died because you didnt water it one day, either you missed it, forgot or something, but you only have to water it once a day and it doesnt matter what time. there have been times mine has died and i just couldnt figure out what day it was. the only other reason it might have died is if you time travel. if you go back in time to a period you already played, all of your turnips will spoil and many flowers die.

in the meantime my gate will be open.

Damnit, my Animal Crossing is all kinds of screwed up.

I'm still stuck in August, trying to catch a damn Banded Dragonfly, Giant Snakehead, and Scarab Beetle. Now I have like 12 things to catch in September before I can move to October. :( I might just have to say "fuck it." And wait until next year to get all bugs/fishes.

thanks for stopping by doyle, sorry i didnt play longer but had been playing for a while with some others before you came. next time well play longer and dig out rolento and yukine

[quote name='iheartmetal']amazing machine? anyone?

craven, the turnip died because you didnt water it one day, either you missed it, forgot or something, but you only have to water it once a day and it doesnt matter what time. there have been times mine has died and i just couldnt figure out what day it was. the only other reason it might have died is if you time travel. if you go back in time to a period you already played, all of your turnips will spoil and many flowers die.

in the meantime my gate will be open.[/quote]

Thats pretty odd as I watered it every day and didn't time travel. Is the new day officially at midnight, or is it when Nook's opens? If its the latter, then that's where I screwed up.

Yeah, well... my town is back in shape, and I'm finally in October! I can't wait for the Acorn Festival.

I'll just have to catch the August and September bugs/fishes next year, haha. I'll probably be playing Animal Crossing Wii by then. :D

bread's done
Back