Animal Crossing: Wild World Thread #2!!

[quote name='espy605']It's rarely on sale. I would suggest using a Best Buy GGC to get $5 off, or perhaps hope TRU will have a B2G1 sale soon.[/quote]
It should be $30 at Wal-Mart, but YMMV on that. It's worth the dough though.

[quote name='Scobie']Gonna need a character name and town name. [/quote]
Her town name is Nook and her name is Hilary. Pardon my ignorance since I don't own the game, but can she simply add the folks here that have their info listed, and then is there a way to simply peruse and see if they're on-line at any given time?

Thanks for the help,

-HM

EDIT: Scoobie - she was able to enter you fine; thanks! craven_fiend - for some reason every time she enters your code it refuses to take it; very odd.

[quote name='Hollow Man']Her town name is Nook and her name is Hilary. Pardon my ignorance since I don't own the game, but can she simply add the folks here that have their info listed, and then is there a way to simply peruse and see if they're on-line at any given time?

Thanks for the help,

-HM[/quote]
The way it works, is that both people have to add each other via Friend Codes.

Then, one of us would have to open our gates, or she would have to open her gates for visitors to come over. You wouldn't know if they were playing unless they open their gates unforunately.

So do you just sit there and wait doing a lot of nothing once you open the gates? We've gotten that far! But I can't figure out how you know if someone on your friend list is also online.

-HM

[quote name='Hollow Man']Her town name is Nook and her name is Hilary. Pardon my ignorance since I don't own the game, but can she simply add the folks here that have their info listed, and then is there a way to simply peruse and see if they're on-line at any given time?

Thanks for the help,

-HM

EDIT: Scoobie - she was able to enter you fine; thanks! craven_fiend - for some reason every time she enters your code it refuses to take it; very odd.[/quote]

I am not sure what is up with my code. I'll have to double check next time I hope on for some Wi-Fi.

[quote name='Hollow Man']So do you just sit there and wait doing a lot of nothing once you open the gates? We've gotten that far! But I can't figure out how you know if someone on your friend list is also online.

-HM[/quote]

You can't tell. The friend list is only so you can see who you have registered, it doesn't give you any indication of whether they are online or not.

And yeah, pretty much. When you're just running around doing the normal AC thing, open your gates... then someone might stop by!

Ok, I appreciate everyone's help. Sorry, I know this info. is all around here and elsewhere on the 'net (not to mention the instruction book), but figured it can't hurt to ask.

Thanks again,

-HM

Will a red turnip rott indoors?
As far as I can tell, no. I leave several on the floor and I haven't had any rot. I've had four red turnips on my floor for weeks. They aren't like white turnips, you don't have to put them on a table to keep them from rotting, either. I buy them just to trade them to Wendell.

Ok, I appreciate everyone's help. Sorry, I know this info. is all around here and elsewhere on the 'net (not to mention the instruction book), but figured it can't hurt to ask.
While people here are generally nice, warn her not to add every stranger she finds. There are plenty of douche bags that will do things like chop down all her trees, or worse, permanently glitch her game. I've read of people doing things like replacing the town gate with the museum, so she can't leave her town.

BTW, she's got her gates open and will keep 'em open for the next 45 minutes or so. So if anyone can stop buy and buy something from her so she can expand the store. That would be awesome.

Again, her stats:

Code: 1117-4677-1000
Town Name: nook
Name: Hilary

Thanks!

-HM

[quote name='Hollow Man']BTW, she's got her gates open and will keep 'em open for the next 45 minutes or so. So if anyone can stop buy and buy something from her so she can expand the store. That would be awesome.

Again, her stats:

Thanks!

-HM[/quote]

Anyone stop by yet? I'm playing right now, and I'll go ahead and buy something.

My information:

yukine - Pants - 2062-1992-0399

Yukine - She's on right now - we'll add you - thanks!

EDIT: Ok, she added you while her door was open. Hopefully this won't cause a problem.

-HM

Hey thanks yukine - she said sorry she didn't have any good acorns. I guess she sold them all, not expecting anyone to necessarily come visit and want any. Since this is the first time she's done the wi-fi, it's all new and exciting!

-HM

No problem.

Any CAGers willing to open their gates for a few minutes? I need to get 1 more acorn to complete the Mushroom set! Today is the last day!

[quote name='clumsychu']add me ill let you come to my town.
FC is in the sig, i need yours.[/quote]

Awesome, thanks. I'll add you right now, here is my information:

yukine - Pants - 2062-1992-0399

Alright! Thanks clumsychu, and Hollow Man's girlfriend! I was able to obtain the last two acorns I was short by, with only little over an hour to spare!

Thanks again yukine. She kept wanting to buy an extra copy of the game in order to do this, but I said, "Look, I'll get a CAG to help you out for free; just have some patience and it'll happen!"

Anyway, since that was her first experience playing with someone on-line, she was digging it. So if anyone wants to do this again, just give me a yell some weekend (I'm the nerdy gaming one with the wi-fi, and she visits on the weekends).

-HM

I love this game. I don't even know why, it's just plain fun. It reminds me a lot of Christmas time and snow and warm fires. Don't ask me why, but it just has the happy, warm feel to it.

I just started to get back into it and will post my friend code up in a bit. I remember when this game out last December we had a whole crew of people hanging out in towns messing around, fun stuff.

[quote name='yukine']My gates are open if anyone wants to stop by, I'm just picking and selling fruit.[/quote]

Why'd you close your town???

[quote name='Technique']I love this game. I don't even know why, it's just plain fun. It reminds me a lot of Christmas time and snow and warm fires. Don't ask me why, but it just has the happy, warm feel to it.[/QUOTE]

I agree. It's so relaxing (except when a scorpion or tarantula comes after you) and free and completely crackers. Eavesdropping on neighbors and having one happily come up to you and say "Hey, you want a little somethin' somethin'?" brings tremendous joy.

The only downside is that my available gaming time is limited and AC: WW is so easy that I end up blowing most of that free time on it. :)

I brought rare shit for you and you kicked me out of your town.. my DS still had at least half an hour of junk. I thought you could save without exiting a multiplayer thing. Oh well.

Woohoo, I'm finally ordering this. I want to get in on the Wi-Fi goodness, but I don't have a wireless connection set-up. Do you any of you use the Nintendo Wireless USB Adapter? If so, can you give me some impressions?

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']Woohoo, I'm finally ordering this. I want to get in on the Wi-Fi goodness, but I don't have a wireless connection set-up. Do you any of you use the Nintendo Wireless USB Adapter? If so, can you give me some impressions?[/QUOTE]

I've had a hell of a time getting it to work (have to do some tricks with bridging internet connections and uninstalling/reinstalling the Nintendo Wifi adapter software each time I want to use it). But others have had no problem. I think it is a piece of crap with horrible software and useless help pages at Nintendo. There are a TON of help pages there about different errors codes, which is not good in and of itself. But not a one helped my particular problem - I finally found the solution on some other web site.

It just seems that it is very YMMV as to getting it to work - and it shouldn't be that way. I've never had a single piece of PC hardware give me so much trouble, and that's saying something - I've installed my own cable modem, router, WiFi (which I use at home thankfully so the adapter was only for travelling).

I have TWO different XP laptops, one new and one old. I had exactly the same problem on both, and on at least 3 different networks (at home, at an office, at a hotel) all with different equipment/settings.

[quote name='io']I've had a hell of a time getting it to work (have to do some tricks with bridging internet connections and uninstalling/reinstalling the Nintendo Wifi adapter software each time I want to use it). But others have had no problem. I think it is a piece of crap with horrible software and useless help pages at Nintendo. There are a TON of help pages there about different errors codes, which is not good in and of itself. But not a one helped my particular problem - I finally found the solution on some other web site.

It just seems that it is very YMMV as to getting it to work - and it shouldn't be that way. I've never had a single piece of PC hardware give me so much trouble, and that's saying something - I've installed my own cable modem, router, WiFi (which I use at home thankfully so the adapter was only for travelling).

I have TWO different XP laptops, one new and one old. I had exactly the same problem on both, and on at least 3 different networks (at home, at an office, at a hotel) all with different equipment/settings.[/QUOTE]

Wow, I had no idea it was so flaky. Thanks for the info. Any other suggestion on what I can use instead of the Nintendo adapter?

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']Wow, I had no idea it was so flaky. Thanks for the info. Any other suggestion on what I can use instead of the Nintendo adapter?[/quote]
Do be so cheap, and just go wireless. :rofl:

Just messing with you Fez. Adapter is probably your only chance.

Edit: How do I get the item from Nintendo? I didn't get it in my mail earlier.

[quote name='craven_fiend']Do be so cheap, and just go wireless. :rofl:

Just messing with you Fez. Adapter is probably your only chance.

Edit: How do I get the item from Nintendo? I didn't get it in my mail earlier.[/QUOTE]

Well, but seriously, adding a wireless adapter to your current wired internet is probably easier AND cheaper. The Nintendo WiFi adapter costs $40. Can't you get wireless routers for that much or less now? And with those you can see a list of which ones are compatible or not (so just make sure before purchase that you get one that is compatible). I've had no problem with my Linksys WRT54G. The Nintendo Wifi adapter is only of any use (as far as I'm concerned) if you are traveling and have a laptop with you and hotels with only wired internet access. I suppose some people might prefer it to an open wireless router (you can use WEP keys but not the better security method - so it isn't completely open anyway).

[quote name='clumsychu']i got a watermelon chair from nintendo today. nothing clubhouse related.[/quote]
I heard the chair is left over from last week because they were having trouble with their servers all week.

BTW, what exactly do you have to do with wi-fi to get these letters and items?

EDIT: I saw on animalcrossingcommunity.com that you simply have to open the gates to your town to get the letter. Is this true?

-HM

[quote name='io']I've had a hell of a time getting it to work (have to do some tricks with bridging internet connections and uninstalling/reinstalling the Nintendo Wifi adapter software each time I want to use it). But others have had no problem. I think it is a piece of crap with horrible software and useless help pages at Nintendo. There are a TON of help pages there about different errors codes, which is not good in and of itself. But not a one helped my particular problem - I finally found the solution on some other web site.

I have TWO different XP laptops, one new and one old. I had exactly the same problem on both, and on at least 3 different networks (at home, at an office, at a hotel) all with different equipment/settings.[/quote]

Weird. I plugged it in, installed the software, and bam.. good to go. Never had any problem whatsoever out of it.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']But will the one I listed work in theory? I'd rather take cheap over headaches, and it would only be 6 bucks after rebate. :D[/quote]

Some of you guys have to get better at reading the information on the links people give you: :)

"The following is a list of wireless routers we have tested for compatibility with Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection. We will continue to test more routers over time. Not all routers will appear on this list. If your router is not listed, fear not, it will likely work. It just means we have not tested it."

Gates open for a little while. I want to try and get some other fruits, besides pears and coconuts. So if anyone visiting wants to bring some, it'd appreciated.

Edit: Still no letter from Nintendo. So it looks like I'm out of luck for this prize.

My gf will probably be on tonight (in next hour or so). Here's her stats if anyone wants to add her:

-HM

[quote name='Hollow Man']My gf will probably be on tonight (in next hour or so). Here's her stats if anyone wants to add her:

-HM[/quote]

Tell her I am sorry about not finding her before she left.

I was fishing and collecting shells when she stopped by.

[quote name='jfunkdpg']Can I cat the Mush items from someone? I haven't been playing as much lately and only got like the first 3 or 4 Mush items.[/QUOTE]

I may or may not have a few spares laying around... what're they worth to you? :D

[quote name='Scobie']I may or may not have a few spares laying around... what're they worth to you? :D[/quote]

Dunno, you need bells or want me to see if I've got any items you need?

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']What, do you guys think money grows on trees? :D Anyway, I heeded ya'lls advice and I'm looking at this wireless router. Would this be a good choice for the DS/Wii/360/etc.? It's got some good reviews, it's cheap, and it's got a 20 dollar mail in rebate.

http://www.pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php/masterid=12024783[/quote]
Hmm, I don't know. I'd suggest going with a more known company. I've heard nothing but great things about the Linksys routers, and I personally have a D-Link router that works great. I got mine at Fry's Electronics for around $30.00, after a $20.00 rebate.

Hmm... Netgear usually makes good stuff as well.

[quote name='yukine']Hmm, I don't know. I'd suggest going with a more known company. I've heard nothing but great things about the Linksys routers, and I personally have a D-Link router that works great. I got mine at Fry's Electronics for around $30.00, after a $20.00 rebate.

Hmm... Netgear usually makes good stuff as well.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the advice. I think I'm just gonna give this one a shot. Even the D-Link and Linksys products have bad reviews (mostly complaints about dropped connections), and the one I'm getting is 5-star. I'm actually lucking out, as the thing is damn expensive everywhere else. Combined with that rebate, I'm not taking too much a risk. Muchos gracias to everybody who helped me out. I'm gonna post a deal in the Other Deals forum, just in case anybody else wants to get one.

After a couple months hiatus on this game. I actually wiped my town and started anew. For some reason the game is fun again. Though I wish I were rich already, I better start looking for foreign fruits to make some moolah, I'm only on my second expansion T.T

By the way, for the last Nook's shop upgrade, is it really necessary that someone has to buy from my town via wifi/directly?

bread's done
Back