Animal Crossing: Wild World Thread #2!!

[quote name='craven_fiend']Thats pretty odd as I watered it every day and didn't time travel. Is the new day officially at midnight, or is it when Nook's opens? If its the latter, then that's where I screwed up.[/QUOTE]

i believe a "new day" starts at 6 am. so if you watered it after midnight, even though its the next day it wont count.

[quote name='iheartmetal']i believe a "new day" starts at 6 am. so if you watered it after midnight, even though its the next day it wont count.[/QUOTE]

yeah, 6am is the magic number... I'm hoping when the Wii version of this game comes out that that's changed... Also, Nook's times open later would be nice (the creators talked about fixing this possibly).

[quote name='iheartmetal']i believe a "new day" starts at 6 am. so if you watered it after midnight, even though its the next day it wont count.[/quote]

That truly sucks. So all because I got up early and watered my turnips before 6 the other day, it didn't count. Go figure.

Just try again, I've yet to get a red turnip to grow. And I have been playing for a year almost, it's not like I have been trying to in all that time though.

I just want the golden axe... damnit.

[quote name='yukine']Just try again, I've yet to get a red turnip to grow. And I have been playing for a year almost, it's not like I have been trying to in all that time though.

I just want the golden axe... damnit.[/quote]

I hear ya on the golden axe. I just don't know when I'm going to start towards it.

[quote name='craven_fiend']I hear ya on the golden axe. I just don't know when I'm going to start towards it.[/quote]

The problem is that, I typically play at night... so I usually miss Joan selling turnips on Sundays, and then I never see some of the other visitors, like Pascal and what not.

I played at 11:00 AM today though, that's the earliest I've played AC:WW in a few months!

[quote name='yukine']The problem is that, I typically play at night... so I usually miss Joan selling turnips on Sundays, and then I never see some of the other visitors, like Pascal and what not.

I played at 11:00 AM today though, that's the earliest I've played AC:WW in a few months![/QUOTE]

often times i play the morning at night so i can meet all the special visitors and get whatever they have to offer, because i usually cant play in the mornings. then i just leave a note and change my time back to normal at night.

the golden axe is a process to get, just get one red turnip, put it on a table and save it for when wendal comes, thats the easiest way to do it, then you just have to talk to 4 other people, hope you get certain items from them, wait some more, trade them, wait some more, wait, wait, and then you finally get it one day. and the golden axe is great, i got mine a few months ago, after a long long long wait.

I thought it was the acorn festival, which means it's the saplings that you need to be buying, not the pine/cedar trees. Is this right?

You're right, according to the guide. Whoever told us it was "cedar trees" made me waste two weeks worth of planting. Hurray.

yeah my bad. i was told that we needed cedar trees and i had to totally redo my town. but if you read that big acorn fest guide i posted 5 days ago you would have been able to fix the whole problem in a single day. i had to plant 141 new trees, it was quite the effort.

[quote name='iheartmetal']yeah my bad. i was told that we needed cedar trees and i had to totally redo my town. but if you read that big acorn fest guide i posted 5 days ago you would have been able to fix the whole problem in a single day. i had to plant 141 new trees, it was quite the effort.[/QUOTE]

what the hell are the cedar trees for then?

yeah my bad. i was told that we needed cedar trees and i had to totally redo my town. but if you read that big acorn fest guide i posted 5 days ago you would have been able to fix the whole problem in a single day. i had to plant 141 new trees, it was quite the effort.

It would've been nice if you actually notified people in the thread you informed, instead of just pasting a guide expecting us to notice the same contradiction. Anyway, how do you fix the problem in a single day since you can only buy one sapling a day? Unless you time traveled like crazy.

you can plant money, and they turn into normal trees. so i planted 141 bags of 100 bells. and i notified people the same way i did before, by posting in the thread.

I have a quick question regarding the Acorns. Do they "spoil"? I am asking, because if I don't get enough, I may just hold onto them until next years festival and collect more then.

Acorns do not spoil. If one shows up as a rotten acorn, it's not because it spoiled, that's just the type that came from the tree, it's supposed to be random.

So the crazy person got the better of me today.

I decided to time travel, a year back. I will never do that again, due to the weed problem.

[quote name='craven_fiend']So the crazy person got the better of me today.

I decided to time travel, a year back. I will never do that again, due to the weed problem.[/quote]

Why would you do that?

[quote name='yukine']Why would you do that?[/quote]

Got bored running around yesterday.

I need to finish weeding today so I get as many acorns as I can. I doubt I'll have enough to get everything, but I am going to try.

Does anyone now if this game can be gotten cheaper than $35 in any store?

It's rarely on sale. I would suggest using a Best Buy GGC to get $5 off, or perhaps hope TRU will have a B2G1 sale soon.

hows the acorn fest going for everyone? i should be able to get the furniture set with no problems, ill probably even have some extra acorns.

[quote name='iheartmetal']hows the acorn fest going for everyone? i should be able to get the furniture set with no problems, ill probably even have some extra acorns.[/quote]

Eh, I'm doing okay. I have given Cornimer about 30 acorns so far, I don't have many trees though. So if you do end up having some spare acorns, let me come over to pick some up! :D

[quote name='Doylerulez']I'm over 80 acorns in 2 days, so I think I'm in pretty good shape. Filled the paper part of my catalog too thanks to Cornimer.[/QUOTE]
i was over 80 in two days too, im averaging about.. 43 or so per day. i had exactly 160 trees planted.

[quote name='espy605']I wonder if the totals will carry into next year. I'm barely at 51 acorns.[/QUOTE]
ive already collect 105 acorns not including the 9 he stole from me! I need a mush item list quick!

[quote name='clumsychu']ive already collect 105 acorns not including the 9 he stole from me! I need a mush item list quick![/QUOTE]

Here ya go!

Mush Stool
Mush Table
Mush Closet
Mush Stand
Mush TV
Mush Bed
Mush Lamp
Mush End Table
Mush Dresser
Mush Chair
Forest Wall (Wallpaper)
Forest Floor (Carpet)

Damn, I'm missing out on whatever this acorn thing is :D. I haven't played since May, so IF I play, I have a ton of catching up to do.

I just saw an AC:WW commercial on TV about an hour ago. Holy crap, how random is that!?

Should be able to get the last of the items this morning... Those last two at 30 acorns a pop are a real bear!

Remember to bullseye Cornimer's required number on that last item and sell any excess acorns to Tom Nook for a couple hundred bells!

Also, PLEASE start spreading the word!! Nintendo is apparently doing something really special with the WFC and AC: WW new Friday -- 20 Oct!!

Don't know what it is, but some of their bonuses have been pretty cool so far like the Arwing for the release of StarFox and the gold Mario coin from Iwata earlier this year.

i got my complete set also, and its up in my house now. woot.

hmm, you make it sound like the thing on the 20th is going to be big, is it just an item like an arwing, or is it really good, like monkeys.

Looks like 20 Oct is going to be some kind of "valuable" item to celebrate the release of Clubhouse Games. I love how Nintendo is using AC: WW to whore out their other games to us. :D

Tomorrow ill have acorns, if anyone still needs some ill let you have them. On another note how long do i let a red turnip in the ground for? i bought it on sunday i think i planted it on monday, and it hasnt died on me. If some one can tell me, thatd be awesome.

:cry: I just sold my AC:WW for $22, but now I'm getting some totally awesome new DS game from Japan, so I'm actually kinda happy :). I hadn't play AC in like 2 months anyway, so I think it was a good trade-off.

Regarding the thing Oct. 20th, it will probably be like an Ace of Spades card if it's celebrating ClubHouse Games' release. I'm getting that game next week, sounds awesome.

So.....:booty:

I have collected around 200 acorns so far, so I'm most likely going to have to visit someone else's town tomorrow to get the rest.

My girlfriend would just like someone to buy something at her store so she can get the beauty shop. Her friend code is:

1117-4677-1000

So if anyone has some time this afternoon or this eve, that would be great. Thanks!

-HM

[quote name='clumsychu']Tomorrow ill have acorns, if anyone still needs some ill let you have them. On another note how long do i let a red turnip in the ground for? i bought it on sunday i think i planted it on monday, and it hasnt died on me. If some one can tell me, thatd be awesome.[/QUOTE]

You buy 'em on Sunday and you have to sell them no later than the following Saturday. You have to water them at least once every day, miss a day and you're screwed. Here's how the value grows:

0 days.....2 Bells
1 day......100 Bells
2 days.....500 Bells
3 days.....2,000 Bells
4 days.....4,000 Bells
5 days.....8,000 Bells
6 days.....16,000 Bells

[quote name='Hollow Man']My girlfriend would just like someone to buy something at her store so she can get the beauty shop. Her friend code is:

1117-4677-1000

So if anyone has some time this afternoon or this eve, that would be great. Thanks!

-HM[/QUOTE]

Gonna need a character name and town name. Here's mine if anybody wants to add me:

Character: Scobie
Town: West Ham
Code: 4682-2529-8839

Caution: My animals are a little on the sassy side. They like calling people smacktard and crapsack, and some tend to be on the murderous side.

iheartmetal and relentlessrolento -- I think it would be a beneficial partnership if we linked up as well! Let's ace this mammajamma!

bread's done
Back