Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
Not really random. They were all on sale recently at Walmart or Best Buy, and Amazon matched Walmart's. This was in the last 30 days.
Got to love bestbuy sent me Ranma 1/2 Season 6 LE instead 7. Kinda sad i got Season 6 on dvdplanet 2 months ago. Ordered again Season 7 LE and will return Season 6 back to local Bestbuy.

So what you're saying is that you have a reason to not want to spend $100 on that 1200 minutes of anime.

It doesn't seem like it would be that far of a stretch to figure out that other people may have other reasons that they would not want to do so either.
Pretty sure there's a huge difference between not buying it because you don't like it, and not buying it because you're too cheap to spend 8 cents a minute on something you really like. If someone put the entirety of Kyo Kara Maoh on Bluray, and charged $100 for it, it'd most likely buy it. (even if the discount was ONLY 33%)

Anyone check out Gundam Evolve? And, if so, any good?

Just picked up Gundam 00 the complete first season for $31 and complete season two for $12, both used, at FYE today. They were pretty much in like-new condition. I've seen these sell together for over $100 on eBay. Anyone looking for these might want to keep their eyes open at their local FYE, since the used prices are so cheap.
The FYE I know of is pretty expensive on anime.

The FYE I know of is pretty expensive on anime.
FYE is only really good if they are running their B2G1 for $1 Used or similar sales (which I think has become default, haven't seen anything else at my FYE in a while) but even then their Used Anime prices usually range $35-$43 even if the title is old and has a cheaper alternative. Even at its cheapest, it never got as cheap as Hastings gets even right now.

The Gundam titles were so cheap likely because they're out of print and Nozomi re-releasing everything means people are more willing to wait for their release than scrounge about on eBay.

Pretty sure there's a huge difference between not buying it because you don't like it, and not buying it because you're too cheap to spend 8 cents a minute on something you really like. If someone put the entirety of Kyo Kara Maoh on Bluray, and charged $100 for it, it'd most likely buy it. (even if the discount was ONLY 33%)
I'm not going to go back and forth with you forever on this. But it's very easy to say that your reason for thinking a certain way is better when you get to decide what the reasons are for both sides.

BN.com 40% off sale + extra 30% off coupon code: BNJUNE30  (Expires 6/27)

Take 20% Off Orders of $50 to $99.99, 25% Off Orders of $100 to $149.99, 30% Off Orders of $150 or More†

Picked few Viz Blu-ray Box Set

http://www.rightstufanime.com/category/Blu~ray/publisher/VIZ?order=pricelevel5:asc&show=96

Viz Blu-ray

Zetman

Death Note: Omega Edition

Gargantia: The Complete Series

Blood Lad

Coppelion

K Limited Edition

Sunrise Blu-ray

http://www.rightstufanime.com/category/Blu~ray/publisher/SUNRISE-INC?order=pricelevel5:asc&show=96

Sentai Filmwork Blu-ray

Good deal on Complete Collection MSRP $89 & Up (Normal MSRP $69.99 or less you can waits for Black friday or X-mas day deal)

http://www.rightstufanime.com/category/Blu~ray/publisher/SENTAI-FILMWORKS?order=pricelevel5:asc&show=96

BN.com 40% off sale + extra 30% off coupon code: BNJUNE30 (Expires 6/27)

Take 20% Off Orders of $50 to $99.99, 25% Off Orders of $100 to $149.99, 30% Off Orders of $150 or More†
I don't understand this post. On bn where are the anime that are 40% off? I can apply the coupon code to anything.

And what does rightstuf links have to do with it?

Barnes & Noble has a 30-50% off sale going on which includes anime, but since they don't really separate it very well, it's all mixed in with the rest of the DVD and Blu-rays. The coupon code adds an additional 15-30% off of the sale price. 

I picked up Rick & Morty Season 2 (Blu-ray), Death Note Omega Edition (Blu-ray), Tiger & Bunny: The Rising (Blu-ray), the Hayate the Combat Butler and Bodacious Space Pirates movies (Blu-ray), Pokemon: Hoopa and the Clash of Ages (DVD), Adventure Time Season 5 (Blu-ray), and Pup Named Scooby-Doo season sets (DVD) for $138 overall, including tax.

Barnes & Noble has a 30-50% off sale going on which includes anime, but since they don't really separate it very well, it's all mixed in with the rest of the DVD and Blu-rays. The coupon code adds an additional 15-30% off of the sale price.

I picked up Rick & Morty Season 2 (Blu-ray), Death Note Omega Edition (Blu-ray), Tiger & Bunny: The Rising (Blu-ray), the Hayate the Combat Butler and Bodacious Space Pirates movies (Blu-ray), Pokemon: Hoopa and the Clash of Ages (DVD), Adventure Time Season 5 (Blu-ray), and Pup Named Scooby-Doo season sets (DVD) for $138 overall, including tax.
Is every anime title on sale or a specific list or titles?

Technically every item is on sale, but not everything is 40% off. 

The way Barnes & Noble's site is designed, searching for just anime is almost impossible. They bundle all the anime with their regular animation and TV shows. You have to search by whatever series name you're looking for. You can't even do company names like Amazon or "Complete series/Collection" like Hastings or SecondSpin.

The Gundam titles are between 35-40%, so if you get Tier 3 savings, it works out to about $32-$34 per Blu-ray set and about $26-29 for the DVDs.

The sale is "30-50% off TV and Movies." This is NOT just an anime sale.

The RightStuf links are likely a handy search tool that you can use to look up titles on B&N since their search function for anime is terrible.

lots of incorrect info in here.

Barnes and Noble is having a 40% off all BDs and DVDs sale that goes though the end of business on 6/20.   There is also a coupon code for -online orders only- that will save you 20-30% off depending on how much you spend, and excluding pre-orders.   Use coupon code "BNJUNE30" to take 20% off orders $50-$99.99, 25% off orders $100-$149.99, 30% off orders $150+.   Pre-order merch does not count towards these tiered discounts, but you can add it in later and get the discount you earned.  This is a great deal after the second discount using the code.

1.The first discount is 40% off all Blu Rays and DVDs sale. (Some items are excluded; funimation sets are mostly 19% off for example. Some pre-order items are not discounted at all)  This brings items in-line with normal amazon type pricing.  ends 6/20

2. The Second discount is the coupon code "BNJUNE30" and it works on all merchandise online.  ends 6/28

So you stack the two discounts to get some really good values with your blu ray purchasing.  Additional coupon codes cannot be used.  Online orders at B&N.com only accept ONE coupon code per transaction.  So e-mail codes don't stack.  B&N membership discount does not work on online orders; you get free shipping instead. 

Lots of good items to check out are:  the new gundam BD sets,  Sentai sets especially the premium editions of things like Akame Ga Kill, Parasyte, and No Game No Life. Space Brothers, Knights of Sidonia, Ranma 1/2 LE sets, Lupon the Third movies, Adventure Time BD sets are super cheap,  all other big box anime, Dr Who seasons, Banshee, the Criterion Collection, Rick & Morty, Mr. Robot, Hannibal, Archer, Star Wars: The Clone Wars,  X-files complete, Star Trek complete, you get the idea.  Look at the current listed prices and take another 20-30% off bc of the coupon code.

The large television series box set type things are the best values right now.  some TV seasons too. Funi stuff is poor value.

I'd put some more effort into listing some links and prices but no one ever seems to appreciate it or care. 

The additional coupon discount doesn't show up in the cart, only the total amount of the discount is shown. Most of the base prices are more or less the same as on Amazon. 

With the coupon, most of the titles end up around $21-$25 each. The Gundam titles are about $35 each. Whether that's cheap enough is up to you. If you only buy anime under $20, then the only deals are for the movies. 

So any real deals in these sales? Everything still seems pretty expensive.
I got both Akame Ga Kill CEs for $54.60 each, both Parasyte Premium Editions for $59 each, all the Adventure Time seasons on blu ray for $14 apiece, and 5 of the 6 new Gundam BD sets for $31.50 each. Including a bunch of other stuff.

I don't see these things ever getting cheaper.

Thanks for mentioning the B&N sale, guys.  I grabbed a few things including MST3K vol 35, Killjoys s1, Jigen's Gravestone, and the Teen Titans Go dvds.

The MST3K sets end up being pretty cheap at $25 each.

They're gifts. The only things I've watched from CN in the last few years is The Venture Bros and early seasons of Adventure Time.

I'm curious about PPG, but snubbing the original VAs made me lose most of my interest.

The new PPG is nowhere near as bad as Teen Titans Go, but it's not great either. It's just very, very meh. The biggest problem is the show lacks the edge the original had, plus there's very little superheroing going on since CN said to cut down on the violence from the original. 

it's sad even with 20-30% off on top of a sale it was hard to find anything I wanted on bn.com

ended up ordering persona 4 complete and bleach set 8 as they were similar prices to amazon. got the 20% off to make them cheaper and mostly dug through because I had a few gift cards to burn.

so thanks for posting, but man I always forget how bad bn.com is for prices in general.

it's sad even with 20-30% off on top of a sale it was hard to find anything I wanted on bn.com

ended up ordering persona 4 complete and bleach set 8 as they were similar prices to amazon. got the 20% off to make them cheaper and mostly dug through because I had a few gift cards to burn.

so thanks for posting, but man I always forget how bad bn.com is for prices in general.
Yeah, their prices are -really- bad. Which is why it took an enormous sale of 40% + 30% to get things into the trigger pull range. There are some good deals to be had though. It just requires a bit of digging.

This kind of reminds me of the good ol' days of Deep Discount's summer sales. Some pretty good deals to be found. Picking up Death Note Omega and Akame vanilla 1+2. Not sure what else I should get... My wallet is afraid right now as I continue to browse.

Gundam Blu-ray Sets is under $32 Each.  I don't think Gundam Sets ever go below this....Should i waits for better deal or go for it????!

Mobile Suit Gundam Collection 1 & 2

Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam Collection 1 & 2

Gundam Build Fighters

Does anyone know if there is a difference between the Banadai and Nozomi releases for Zeta Gundam A New Translation and the 0079 movie trilogy?

Picked up the rest of Zero no Tsukaima, Buso Renkin (best deal on the DVDs I've seen) and Golden Boy. Thought about a lot of others, but I didn't think it made sense and that there would be better deals. Although if I start seeing $5 Zero no Tsukaima again for the rest of the seasons I will definitely cry a little.

Does anyone know if there is a difference between the Banadai and Nozomi releases for Zeta Gundam A New Translation and the 0079 movie trilogy?
Dunno about those specifically, but from what I've seen, the Nozomi releases are a little sharper than their Bandai counterparts. I forget if there are any new extras, though.

Will I lose my anime street cred if I said I never watched Kenshin?
tumblr_inline_n72s45bowh1rbpimx.gif

I loved the first Kenshin live action movie but the other two are a bit disappointing. I thought they were leading up to a Jinchuu arc but stopped at Shishio. It'd be nice if the anime got a Blu release. The overall series is my favorite by far. I spent a good amount of my high school days working on a Rurouni Kenshin site that turned out to be my most popular project as a webmaster.

Does Media Blasters still own the rights to the anime? I know we got the Aniplex release of the OVAs but I always wondered about the TV series.

Will I lose my anime street cred if I said I never watched Kenshin?
Haha, nah. The first season ranged from average to pretty good, depending on the arc. The second season was absolute phenomenal though, since it mirrored the source material so perfectly (not to mention the fight scene between Kenshin and Saitou in episode 30 still remains, to me, as one of the most chilling experiences I've ever seen). And as already mentioned, the third season was essentially filler hell because of the closeness in gap between the manga/anime and I guess they simply just cancelled it outright.

It's a shame because the Jinchuu arc (the third big story arc in the series) is arguably the best part of the story. Fans (at least in US forums) constantly clamor for a true anime adaptation of it, but I imagine it'll never happen.

If anything, I'd highly recommend just reading the manga, and then once your done, watch episodes 28-62.

bread's done
Back