Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
I know. I always joke about how long Nisekoi could become with my friends since if it weren't for all the dilly dallying, the manga would be over by now. At least it won't give me a bullshit twist like Fuuka did. Made me drop that manga, cuz fk that twist.

And yep. What Square said. Another 200 chapters before Raku decides to do something
I don't know what you guys are talking about

He met Haru Onodera, had some complications but eventually her feelings got through, he realized that by far she was the best girl for him to live a long happy life, apologized to the others and dated Haru. We then saw them skip ahead and him and haru who smiling happily in their old age just watching a sun set the end >.>

I mean I knew a late addition like her would never be the one he ended up with, but seriously she really is the only good fit for him >.<;

I know. I always joke about how long Nisekoi could become with my friends since if it weren't for all the dilly dallying, the manga would be over by now. At least it won't give me a bullshit twist like Fuuka did. Made me drop that manga, cuz fk that twist.

And yep. What Square said. Another 200 chapters before Raku decides to do something
and then the spin off series comes lol

From what I've seen Nisekoi, I liked Chitoge the most. Onodera just seemed bland, like a girl you have a crush on but realize you have nothing in common with after dating her for a bit.

Some new (and likely final) additions to the $5-10 sale at Right Stuf. I definitely recommend Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 for $5-10.

Coicent & Five Numbers - $5 / $7.50

Cool Dimensions - $5

Planzet - $5 / $7.50

Kenshin: New Kyoto - $5 / $7.50

Sin movie - $5

Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 - $5 / $10

Un-Go - $5 / $10

http://www.rightstufanime.com/sales-and-promos/5-Dollar-Deals
Un-Go isn't a bad watch either.

tokyo magnitude is only recommended for people who don't mind shedding some tears.

I want to buy Un-Go but....I remember it being average and I can't see myself re-watching it. Tokyo Magnitude 8 though is a no-brainer at that price.

To be fair, they all randomly show up besides Onodera. :p
should have said randomly shows up towards the end of the series. A typical harem needs to introduce a new girl each episode, roughly 4 - 6 girls max, then the main character dicks around until ep 13 where the series abruptly ends without any closer...Frack! I think I just disillusioned myself with anime.

Fight! Fight! Fight!

tumblr_n33p0iwkBR1sg9gi2o1_500.gif

Not to break things up but..  Woot!  Today I finally received my replacement for that Fairy Tail Five Pack snafu from Funimation that happened way back around Christmas.  So it only took them near two months to fix their mistake.  I knew from what a few people said it would take a while but dam.  I was more than worried since I hadn't heard a word from their CS since they told me to send the order back.  I didn't know if I was getting a replacement or refunded or what.

So, yay I finally got it fixed, but I'm going to keep this in mind before I ever order from than again.

Oh also I haven't watch Nisekoi at all, but I do enjoy watching the fire burn...and the gifs.  Now back to your regular schedule squabble. :lol:

Did they let you keep the 4 extra copies of Collection Five?

And yes, their replacement process is deplorable.

I never even got notice they sent anything out a couple of those times, lol.

Random boxes arriving at my doorstep weeks to months later.

Is Phi Brain worth it at the rightstuff price or at all?  I know nothing about it other than theres a puzzle conspiracy and its art style reminds me of yugioh which isn't doing it any favors in my head. 

Did they let you keep the 4 extra copies of Collection Five?

And yes, their replacement process is deplorable.

I never even got notice they sent anything out a couple of those times, lol.

Random boxes arriving at my doorstep weeks to months later.
No, they did not. If they did I'd give them away on here or something. In fact I had to send the whole thing back. You think they would say keep one of the vol.1's and we'll just send you the other collections once we get the dupes back, but nope.

While the whole thing hasn't totally deterred me from ordering from them again, I think I'm only going to do it when it's a super deal or something.

No, they did not. If they did I'd give them away on here or something. In fact I had to send the whole thing back. You think they would say keep one of the vol.1's and we'll just send you the other collections once we get the dupes back, but nope.

While the whole thing hasn't totally deterred me from ordering from them again, I think I'm only going to do it when it's a super deal or something.
Indeed.

It was worth it a couple years back when everything was stupidly cheap, which is when the bulk of my failed experiences occurred with them, but since it was so cheap, I said screw it.

The bad part about them too if you get damaged items is that they kind of pull the Rightstuf replacement thing, and just send you a replacement of the slipcover, outer case, or dvd/blu case instead of just sending you an actual replacement. So if you ever get damaged items from them, you may not get the resolve you would hope for. :*(

Is Phi Brain worth it at the rightstuff price or at all? I know nothing about it other than theres a puzzle conspiracy and its art style reminds me of yugioh which isn't doing it any favors in my head.
It's a little cheesy, but it's pretty fun. Take 2 parts Professor Layton, 1 part Yu-Gi-Oh, add a banana, and blend until it's possible to lay it on really thick. For the RightStuf price, go for it. I'm actually worried that the first two seasons being so cheap means Sentai has dropped physical release plans for Season 3... but hopefully lots of people buy it and ask Sentai for more!

It's a little cheesy, but it's pretty fun. Take 2 parts Professor Layton, 1 part Yu-Gi-Oh, add a banana, and blend until it's possible to lay it on really thick. For the RightStuf price, go for it. I'm actually worried that the first two seasons being so cheap means Sentai has dropped physical release plans for Season 3... but hopefully lots of people buy it and ask Sentai for more!
Based on your description and several video's I've watched I'm definitely going to pass on it. Appreciate the input though.

Went to F.Y.E. to check out their anime selection. Not much used, but I did get Final Fantasy: The Spirit Within and Madhouse's work on Wolverine and Iron Man.

Fyi, Hastings is doing their one day free shipping starting tonight at midnight CST, so great time to grab some manga there for those who have been looking to get some great deals on them, and not cringe at the wonky shipping rates for smaller orders.

Well, the term was coined long before the website came out. It comes from a mid- 80's hentai called Creamy Lemon. I highly doubt the game was referencing the website.

bread's done
Back