Anime & Manga Thread Vol. 2: Za Warudo!!!

ReZero anime caught up to the source from what I heard. It's going to be a while for anymore unfortunatly.
they caught up to all but like 10 pages of the light novel.

like sword art online though it was a web novel first, and apparently there is quite a bit of that left.

a new anime won't happen for at least 3 years though.

I'm done with Girlish Number. I got halfway through episode 4 and realized I hate all the characters. None of them are likable. 

I need to give Yuri on Ice & Keijo a watch. 

Kejo is fun due to how serious it takes it's ridiculous premise. It's a fanservice show,but it's doesn't have those creepy camera angles that a lot of those shows would have.

I watched the first episode of Keijo.

Kejo is fun due to how serious it takes it's ridiculous premise. It's a fanservice show,but it's doesn't have those creepy camera angles that a lot of those shows would have.
I watched the first episode. Ummmm.... yeah.... Butt's and boobs everywhere....

The comedy stems from the ridiculous sport but it takes it seriously which I find funny. I'm not a huge fan of fanservice shows but I found it genuinely funny.

Last edited by a moderator:
The first three episodes of Gundam: The Origin are on YouTube right now, both dubbed and subbed, via the GundamInfo channel.

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oQsVUkVay4[/media]

I'm down to watch the live action Ghost in The Shell. 

Definitely gunna be better than Lucy. 

Started Barakamon on Monday and finished last night. It was great. Cute, funny, emotional, crazy, it was all over the board. Really wish there was a sequel  :cry:

Started Barakamon on Monday and finished last night. It was great. Cute, funny, emotional, crazy, it was all over the board. Really wish there was a sequel :cry:
Go watch Handa-Kun. It's a prequel when he was in high school. It's more of a goofy slice of life but still good. It shows how awkward Handa is when he's in high school.

https://myanimelist.net/anime/32648/Handa-kun

code geass season 2 spoiler.

LULU LIVES!!!!!! season 3 confirmed (not sure if tv series or movie yet but is confirmed that lulu will be the main character set a few years after the end of season 2)

Meant to sign up for FUNimation's streaming service for a month at $5.99. Accidentally signed up for the year...

That US to Canada exchange rate is tough but "Yuri on Ice" is already worth it. And apparently they are in the testing phase for their new apps which should have better video quality.

LULU LIVES!!!!!! season 3 confirmed (not sure if tv series or movie yet but is confirmed that lulu will be the main character set a few years after the end of season 2)
Is that in the blu-ray ending or did it just pop up on ANN?

This kind of ruins the ending for me. I guess it'll come down to how they handle it.

Well, that's some bullshit right there.

Well damn, not sure how I feel about this since I loved Code Geass but it does cheapen the ending. I'm preobably going to have to rewatch the ending to see how they could pull it off.

Is that in the blu-ray ending or did it just pop up on ANN?
reports from an event at the time but up on ann at the time.

Well damn, not sure how I feel about this since I loved Code Geass but it does cheapen the ending. I'm preobably going to have to rewatch the ending to see how they could pull it off.
there are three ways that it could be pulled off.

1. At no point after the end time jump is C.C's mark shown nor is Lulu's geass shown used, it's completely possible that he took the code from c.c. and thus was immortal at the time.

2. There has always been a fan theory that Lulu managed to get his father's code and that with a code from someone who didn't give you the geass you would keep your geass, and thus have code geass where he was immortal and had his geass still.

3. this is the one I don't want it to be. the maid was playing dress up as lulu again and died in his place.

There are lots of options when you consider the world of Geass. Whether it cheapens the ending or not depends on how well they tell the story they put afterwards. If it's amazing, then I don't care, if it's poop, then I'll pretend it's filler and ignore it.

Ryuk brings him back with the Namekian Dragon Balls!

Can Frieza get a heart attack?
Only with the Super Duper Dragon Ballz. They hold a Multi Universe tourney with Ryuk, Jotaro, The entire cast of Haikyu and Monaka.

Sound Euphonium is a really solid show. The animation and art is well done...there's these little things you'll miss if you aren't watching closely. I think season 2 is better than season 1 except for Oumae's VA changing. That just sux.

Sound Euphonium is a really solid show. The animation and art is well done...there's these little things you'll miss if you aren't watching closely. I think season 2 is better than season 1 except for Oumae's VA changing. That just sux.
That's disappointing. Why did they change her?

That's disappointing. Why did they change her?
Don't know, probably not a voluntary thing. Maybe the VA was one of the ones with medical problems and had to quit. I didn't do any research into it, but in JP it's very unusual for a VA to quit midway through.

Whoa, didn't expect a new season of Euphonium. Guess I've got something to watch. Anything else killing it currently? I'm pretty out of the loop lately.

Whoa, didn't expect a new season of Euphonium. Guess I've got something to watch. Anything else killing it currently? I'm pretty out of the loop lately.
Flip Flappers, Izetta, and Magical Girl Raising Project are what I'm keeping up with.

Speaking of, anyone else keeping up with Izetta? It's getting intense.

Yup, MGRP is always interesting to watch. I wonder how dark it's going to get.
Episode 10 spoilers:

After they killed off a very pregnant Top Speed I thought that's about the darkest thing the show could do. And they killed off Immortal girl just two episodes after her introduction. Everybody in this show is going to die.

Episode 10 spoilers:

After they killed off a very pregnant Top Speed I thought that's about the darkest thing the show could do. And they killed off Immortal girl just two episodes after her introduction. Everybody in this show is going to die.
Hasn't quite beat out School Days for darkest show evar, but yeah, it's pretty rough.

Hasn't quite beat out School Days for darkest show evar, but yeah, it's pretty rough.
Only the last 2 episodes of School Days were dark. And even then it was mainly for shock factor. Doesn't really mean the dark twist was a good one, but it was mindfuck.

I'd say Medoka Magic has a darker tone, which is what MGRP is trying to emulate. But MGRP is more gratuitous killing and violence, while Medoka Magica has a more deeper, profound plot.

And the chick in School Days wasn't even pregnant while Top Speed was very much. Not only that but she seemed like one of the few honest Magic Girls with good intentions. It was a shme to see her go.

Only the last 2 episodes of School Days were dark. And even then it was mainly for shock factor. Doesn't really mean the dark twist was a good one, but it was mindfuck.

I'd say Medoka Magic has a darker tone, which is what MGRP is trying to emulate. But MGRP is more gratuitous killing and violence, while Medoka Magica has a more deeper, profound plot.

And the chick in School Days wasn't even pregnant while Top Speed was very much. Not only that but she seemed like one of the few honest Magic Girls with good intentions. It was a shme to see her go.
I dunno...the entire premise of School Days (in contrast to its cheery cover art) is dark as hell. It was literal torture to watch the whole show and my friend's wife hated me for forcing her to watch it. Told her she shouldn't have recommended this evil ass anime to me! lol I'm more turned off by psychotic and immoral behavior then purely violent behavior I guess. Either way, MGRP has a plot twist it's building on and I'm intensely curious how they are going to wrap this show up. Will really make or break the show as to whether it's worth watching.

I didn't think School Days was particularly dark either. The ending was more wtf than dark in my opinion. The rest of it was just a guy taking advantage of two girls.

I didn't think School Days was particularly dark either. The ending was more wtf than dark in my opinion. The rest of it was just a guy taking advantage of two girls.
I think the fact that everyone in that show is utter garbage and easy to hate makes it a turd in my eyes. Nothing really compelling. Oh he wasn't just taking advantage of two girls! lol

For those watching Drifters....who is the flamboyantly gay Count whatever supposed to be from RL? Well, I guess they do say his name, but I'm not familiar with Saint Germini or whatever his name is.

For those watching Drifters....who is the flamboyantly gay Count whatever supposed to be from RL? Well, I guess they do say his name, but I'm not familiar with Saint Germini or whatever his name is.
Count Saint Germain was the dude of legends. He was believed to be an immortal alchemist. There has been reports of multiple people claiming to have encountered him throughout history. Even as late as 2004. I think there's even some religion (cult) that follows him. It's kinda fascinating.

It's been said he was bi in real life. So that's probably why they portray him as a flamboyant dandy in Drifters. But don't take too much history away from that show. It's way to Japanese sympathetic and has a warped view on what a martyr is.

Count Germain has been in a few video games I played. For example Castlevania and the Shin Megami Tensei series. I always found this guy interesting.

Castlevania

a4yjw5.jpg

SMT

vqsilc.jpg

bread's done
Back