Any alabama CAGs?

Auburn here. Don't believe anything a barner fan tells you. It really is a cow town. Can't wait for the game this week. I'll be in the stands at BDS as a season ticket holder yelling at the top of my lungs for the Crimson Tide of Alabama. RTR

I haven't checked the Prattville Kmart lately.. maybe I should. Hell, I haven't stopped by to see the parents since they took me out to Mexico Tipico. As with any Mexican restaurant in Prattvegas, the gas prices are always low ;)

Hell.. I'm willing to bet they STILL have Wavebirds left. I

Birmingham, AL here.
I hit the Toys R Us and Circuit City quite frequently.
Picked up Gunstar Super Heroes today at BB for $9.

Prattville right here. Also an AUM student too. Skylander, I don't think you are missing much from K-Mart, I went there about 3 weeks ago and did not find much of anything worth getting. They suck at updating price drops and clearances.

[quote name='McWhoopass']No I have not checked the K-mart. Thanks! Is it the one on Skyland (near the theater) or the one in Northport? I suppose it wouldn't hurt to check both, seeing as how Tuscaloosa isn't a sprawling metropolis that takes hours to maneuver through.

As for the Iron Bowl, I wouldn't worry too much about Alabama. Under the Shula regime we've f'ed up in just about every way except running to the wrong endzone but hey the season isn't quite over.:applause:

Thanks for the tip![/QUOTE]

I'm glad I could help. Which K-mart did you go to? I didn't even know there was one on Skyland, I always went to the one in Northport.

[quote name='munch']I'm glad I could help. Which K-mart did you go to? I didn't even know there was one on Skyland, I always went to the one in Northport.[/quote]

The one in Northport is far nicer...as far as Kmarts go. I haven't had a chance to check out the games in the one on Skyland. Actually, I had thought they'd shut down some time ago but they're still hanging on.

Oh and I also got "Sprung" for the DS for $2.00--God help me for admitting that in public but, hey for two bucks I play just about anything.

In case you may or may not be wondering, you can hear me on local radio in town. I do nights on the country station - 98.9....shameless plug.

Walmart in Birmingham on Academy Drive (Bessemer area) has Wii-Mote's, Nunchucks and classic controllers.

Just thought I'd pass it on since I just picked up a nunchuk from there. No consoles until December the first.....or so they say

[quote name='NekoTsukimi']I haven't listened to 98.9 since it went country ;_;

But I might listen out just for the heck of it :D[/quote]

Yeah, not that we were awesome as a Top 40 station back in the star days, but trust me, I'm right there with you. I got carried over as a jock from top 40 to the country side.

[quote name='Psykoboy2']Yeah, not that we were awesome as a Top 40 station back in the star days, but trust me, I'm right there with you. I got carried over as a jock from top 40 to the country side.[/quote]

Well then, that must means I probably have heard you before. Ahhh, it's such a small world~

[quote name='wll1142']Walmart in Birmingham on Academy Drive (Bessemer area) has Wii-Mote's, Nunchucks and classic controllers.

Just thought I'd pass it on since I just picked up a nunchuk from there. No consoles until December the first.....or so they say[/QUOTE]

Damn, that'd be one hell of a drive for me. It's good to hear that some Walmarts around the state do have some in stock. At the end of the week, I'm going to hit a few rural ones to see what I can find.

So did you Birmingham guys that had trouble last week find any success today?

I figure the 280 Target and the Trussville Target would have been the best bets.

I went to the Circuit city near the Galleria on Sunday morning and there were already more than 40 people in line...and they had 30 units.

Walmart is getting at least 3 tomorrow but that's too less...plus I have other stuff to do so I cant be there.

And it seems as if CC/BB/Target aren't getting any Wii's this weekend...I am ANGRY!! :bomb:

Wal Mart in Bessemer (Academy Drive) got in 9 Wii systems and of course they were all gone this morning. They still don't have any Wii remotes or nunchuks though.

Is there anywhere in the Birmingham area that has either of these? I've been looking since launch for an extra pair.

MT

Also Gamestop on John Hawkins Parkway is supposed to get in Wii's and PS3's this weekend. The PS3's to offset the people that don't get a Wii. Who is winning the console war?

By the way...any locals here interested in buying a PS3 and Resistance?

I'm selling mine at cost, so it's about $715....figured I would offer it here before I throw it to the wolves on eBay.

Went to TRU today and could not find anything worthwhile. I was going to get the replacement PSP batteries I saw there a few weeks ago for 7 bucks but those were all gone. I finally did decide to pick up the old 3 Month Xbox Live starter kit. Only 5 bucks so if I wanna screw with some people on Xbox Live I always could make a new account, or I'll probably just add it to the existing year I already have left. Also picked up Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath on Xbox for $5.20. Got too lazy to go to Rhyno's, maybe tomorrow after work.

I posted this in another thread, but I'm pasting it here since it's a local story. Check it out:

Funny story though involving northerners coming to rob someone in the south. Last week, a local EBGames was robbed of ALL of their 360 consoles (EB on Atlanta Hwy). It was in the paper and everything.. but I know the manager there. Here's how it went down.

Two guys show up to the shop. Before anything, one pulls a car around back to the back door of the store. Then, they smoke a blunt in front of the store. Afterwards, both enter the shop. One goes towards the back of the store, and the other starts to trade in two PS3 games that were still sealed (likely stolen). The trader presents his NY state drivers license, and provides ALL of his information to the employee (and the pic in the license matched).

In the middle of the trade, the other person opens the door to the back area of the store.. jams open the door to the alley.. and proceeds to toss all of the 360's back there into his trunk. Another employee tried to stop them, but the thief starts to break out a pistol.. and the employee says "whoah man, just take the shit." They don't go for the register or anything.. just take the systems. Afterwards, they bolt out the door and leave.

I think they've busted the guys since they got one of their DL's and personal info. They had a NY tag too on the vehicle. I haven't been back into the store to get the rest of the story yet, but it's pretty funny (at least nobody got hurt, as Montgomery is getting pretty bad about shootings). If you're going to steal something from a game store.. don't use the actual driver's license to trade beforehand.

When did that happen? What days paper was it in? If my inlaws still have the paper, I'll have to check it out (or just ask Cleve about it next time i go by there). We never got robbed back when I worked at EB at the mall. Surprising, since it was Montgomery Mall......

Anyone manage to get a GC copy of Twilight Princess?

The Target in Opelika had a crapload of Wiimotes and Nunchuks. They filled the shelves and had some left over. Godspeed!

Walked into Gamestop in Dothan on my lunch break. Manager had just gotten in a shipment of PS3's. I had gotten mine from a pre-order. If anyone is looking for one you better act fast.....

If there are any Tuscaloosa CAGs, the TRU there has a few Odamas and Gunstar Heroes. They had a lot of clearance games there. Worth checking out.

I also grabbed Polarium, Zoo Keeper, Advanced Wars, and Super Swing Golf from the K-Mart on Northport. I think i'm trading AW and Zoo Keeper, though. If anyone can get Indigo Prophecy for the PS2 I'd appreciate it!

Hey neighbors. Just wanted to say I drove to Alabama yesterday (bored and wanted to see if your Kmarts had anything worth while). Pell City is a sweet little town. Nice and quiet. =)

One of the few Tuscaloosa CAGs here.

And yeah, it's pretty bare here, though that decrepit K-Mart on Skyland has an occasional lucky find, as was pointed out earlier. Hell, they still have a couple of the K-Mart exclusive Metroid Prime/Wavebird pack for $20 or so. And they're the only place in town that I've seen any Wii peripherals aside from the steering wheel. One Wiimote and two nunchuks on Friday.

Now back to bouncing all over town trying to find a Wii. ;_;

And thanks for the TRU tip, munch; I may get over there tonight and see if anything's left.

[quote name='CrashMog']One of the few Tuscaloosa CAGs here.

And yeah, it's pretty bare here, though that decrepit K-Mart on Skyland has an occasional lucky find, as was pointed out earlier. Hell, they still have a couple of the K-Mart exclusive Metroid Prime/Wavebird pack for $20 or so. And they're the only place in town that I've seen any Wii peripherals aside from the steering wheel. One Wiimote and two nunchuks on Friday.

Now back to bouncing all over town trying to find a Wii. ;_;

And thanks for the TRU tip, munch; I may get over there tonight and see if anything's left.[/QUOTE]

They sold you those bundles for $20? I had some kid who would only sell them to me for $35. They should be, or were, $7. I didn't really need them so I passed. If you're looking for a PSone screen they have a crap load of them underneath one of the cd racks. They had a PSone/screen combo, but someone grabbed. Again, the kid would only sell it to me for like $60 when they should have been like $12.

The guy with the mustache will hook you up. Any game that doesn't ring up in the system will be $3 in his book. Pretty nice.

[quote name='munch']They sold you those bundles for $20? I had some kid who would only sell them to me for $35. They should be, or were, $7. I didn't really need them so I passed. If you're looking for a PSone screen they have a crap load of them underneath one of the cd racks. They had a PSone/screen combo, but someone grabbed. Again, the kid would only sell it to me for like $60 when they should have been like $12.

The guy with the mustache will hook you up. Any game that doesn't ring up in the system will be $3 in his book. Pretty nice.[/QUOTE]

Yep, it was $20... I'd seen the clearance thread with $7, but it rang up at $19.99 and I'd been trying to find a flipping associate for so long that I just didn't feel like haggling over it. Just picked up one that night, I'm pretty sure there're at least two left there. Or there were on Friday night, at least.

I'll probably head over there tonight after work and see what I can find. Is the screen only compatible with PSone?

UA student in Tuscaloosa here! I can't seem to find any CA Deals here in T-town. I've been to K-Mart (Northport) but only found lazy employees and no good deals. I'm looking for Xbox 360 deals, so if you know of something keep me informed.

This is not game-related, but to any CAGs in Birmingham, the OfficeMax across from Century Plaza (near the former Eastwood Mall, and immediately beside TJ Maxx and Big Lots) is going out of business on Sunday and have had some pretty great deals coming out from the back to the floor at random over the past week or so.

I picked up a great iPod dock clock radio, saw it at Target for $80, for only $12. Got an awesome leather binder/organizer that retails at $50 for $10. Grabbed a nice wireless keyboard/mouse combo for $5 and a few other office-related items. I saw a dude get an HP photo printer and an all-in-one unit (printer, scanner, fax) for a combined $35. They had digital camera display units for sale yesterday, but I'm broke so I passed.

Might want to check 'em out, though...might come across a nice bargain.

If anyone cares, Wal-Mart in Northport, AL currently has a buggy full of Gameboy Color games NIB. Strangly, they also had Madden 2002 for the N64.

War eagle. :)

I'm a CAG in Birmingham, I'm quite surprised to see others here in town. I've been at the site for a while, but never posted so I figure it's probably about time. I'm looking to pick up a PS2 if anyone has one (or knows where I can get one).

If you're interested, the Sears at the Galleria has a couple of games in the clearance bin. They also had 2 gamecubes in the clearance bin (unmarked).

Birmingham here, although I'm originally from Mobile. I just got a job at First American Bank, and I started UAB part-time. My wife works at UAB so they pay for me to go to school!

I'm just trying to breathe some life in this thread. TRU in Montgomery has Lumines 2 for the PSP for 9.99. There are some more assorted PSP clearance games but nothing that you probably would want to jump on for $19.99. Also, where is everyone going ot be at for the Halo 3 launch?

[quote name='BlueLobstah']If you're interested, the Sears at the Galleria has a couple of games in the clearance bin. They also had 2 gamecubes in the clearance bin (unmarked).[/quote]

Random addition to the thread: the Sears at Century Plaza is still as useless as ever for games, haha.

I remember back when it was one of the best spots to get cheap below-MSRP gaming stuff, before they pretty much exclusively phased out gaming - since the mall was already dying by that point anyway, and not many folks shopped there.

Been there lately, BTW? Total ghost town. Sears is the only anchor left, and they're BARELY there...

[quote name='Oops! I did it again.']Random addition to the thread: the Sears at Century Plaza is still as useless as ever for games, haha.

I remember back when it was one of the best spots to get cheap below-MSRP gaming stuff, before they pretty much exclusively phased out gaming - since the mall was already dying by that point anyway, and not many folks shopped there.

Been there lately, BTW? Total ghost town. Sears is the only anchor left, and they're BARELY there...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I remember going there as a kid (we used to live in Irondale). It was awesome, we'd always get to hang out at the pet shop and go get a pretzel at some pretzel store. I went there 6 months ago to the JC Penney's going out of business sale, and could not believe how empty the place was. It shouldn't be too long before nothing is left, especially considering the growth of Trussville.

bread's done
Back