Any Rhode Islanders here?

I cleaned out the Gamecrazy in Pawtucket luckily right before they stopped trade-ins on classic plastic.

Gamecrazy Pawtucket - Thumbs Up. I had some good buys there and while the staff does nothing, atleast they're harmless.

EBGames Seekonk - Except for this one nice chick that works there, I'd avoid. Usually have the same crap all the time and it's not like the employees will keep you coming.

Gamestop S. Attleboro near Old Navy - This store is polar opposites. There's one guy with glasses and a really short guy who are really cool and then there's this fat emo kid and someone named Kyle that's majorly high strung off PCP or some shit. I'd imagine he's the manager because he's really desperate for sales anytime I go in. They sometimes have good shit though so I visit. If not, strongly avoid unless it's early morning or late night.

Gamestop Em. Square 1st Floor - Probably the best store in the area. Ron is the typical preorder/Edge Card nagger but he's the only one I can respect. He's not intrusive about it and he doesn't give you scratched up shit because he was too busy talking about preordering Halo 3. This girl who works there is very cool shit too. The other employees aren't great but they aren't harmless either. Living bodies that ring you up more or less.

Gamestop Em. Square 2nd Floor - Great set of workers but it's just there. They're a small store so they don't have a lot of stock it seems and it's usually same old shit.

[quote name='davo1224']Gamecrazy Pawtucket - Thumbs Up. I had some good buys there and while the staff does nothing, atleast they're harmless.[/quote]
Oooh, I forgot about those. There's also one by the airport and one in Providence. Sadly, the company lost me as a customer...

GameCrazy in Pawtucket: One time I tried to buy a copy of Digital Devil Saga 2 ( I believe -- it was some uncommon RPG. Anyway...). They had two copies, both marked for $17.99. I brought one copy along with MGS2: Substance ($7.99) to the counter. The RPG rang up for $39.99 and MGS2 rang up for $8.99. The guy refused to give me the RPG for the marked price even though both copies were on the floor that way. He pulled the other copy as soon as I pointed it out to him so he could retag it. And then the guy has the balls to say "a dollar is not that big of a deal, do you mind?" Do I fucking mind? It was ridiculous. It may have only been a dollar, but to ask your customer that?

I walked out with nothing. I use to go by there after every PawSox game -- not anymore.

I haven't been in there too often. I've only seen the Asian kid and this white guy with really pronounced veins. They were cool. I didn't have enough money on me so they held like six N64 games while I went home. They could have easily just taken them.

[quote name='davo1224']I haven't been in there too often. I've only seen the Asian kid and this white guy with really pronounced veins. They were cool. I didn't have enough money on me so they held like six N64 games while I went home. They could have easily just taken them.[/quote]

That's cool. I figure the good experiences far outweigh the bad ones, otherwise they wouldn't be in business. Prior to that whole fiasco I never had poor or stellar service there. The associates kept to themselves and never forced preorders or MVP memberships down my throat.

I used to work at the Emerald Square Mall GS on the second floor once upon a time. The one big guy there, Rob, has worked there at least since I was in sixth grade. I'm now a junior in college. He's a great guy, though quiet. I wish he would find another job though, I kind of feel bad for him. :lol:

EBGames Seekonk - Except for this one nice chick that works there, I'd avoid. Usually have the same crap all the time and it's not like the employees will keep you coming.

Actually it's a GameStop. Unless you're talking about the EB Games at the Swansea Mall...?

I really need a good spot for old games like NES and SNES somewhere in Rhode Island. I can't find anywhere. Does anyone know of any good places?

I call them all Gamestops nowadays so I don't know why I called that one EBGames. I'm talking about the one in the Target and Best Buy plaza in Seekonk.

[quote name='davo1224']I cleaned out the Gamecrazy in Pawtucket luckily right before they stopped trade-ins on classic plastic.

Gamecrazy Pawtucket - Thumbs Up. I had some good buys there and while the staff does nothing, atleast they're harmless.

Gamestop S. Attleboro near Old Navy - This store is polar opposites. There's one guy with glasses and a really short guy who are really cool and then there's this fat emo kid and someone named Kyle that's majorly high strung off PCP or some shit. I'd imagine he's the manager because he's really desperate for sales anytime I go in. They sometimes have good shit though so I visit. If not, strongly avoid unless it's early morning or late night.

Gamestop Em. Square 1st Floor - Probably the best store in the area. Ron is the typical preorder/Edge Card nagger but he's the only one I can respect. He's not intrusive about it and he doesn't give you scratched up shit because he was too busy talking about preordering Halo 3. This girl who works there is very cool shit too. The other employees aren't great but they aren't harmless either. Living bodies that ring you up more or less.

Gamestop Em. Square 2nd Floor - Great set of workers but it's just there. They're a small store so they don't have a lot of stock it seems and it's usually same old shit.[/quote]

Yeah, it is all about the 1st Floor GS. I totaly hear ya about Ron, he def knows what he's talking about. That chick is Tara, she's pretty cool. Mike is awesome (the bigger Mike, there's a smaller one too, but I think everyone calls him Marty for some reason), he really knows his shit. Sergio I see every once in a while, but he's been working there for like ten years. He is absolutly nuts! He doesn't know a whole lot about a lot of the games, but knows EVERYTHING about the consoles themselves (like, who makes the chips, what speed they are, what they do well, what they suck at, how many chineese kids die making it, kinda creepy actually). Then there's this big dude, don't know his name, maybe Fred, and some filler guys, but that is definitly the place to go. They get my highest game store rating.

We can't let this thread die! =]

So does that GameCrazy in Pawtucket still have classic games? If they do, do they have a nice selection of SNES games?

Aw that sucks. At least there's a Play N Trade coming to RI. That's what it says on their site. Doesn't say a city though. I hear they have classic games.

hey fellow rhody's. just saw this thread. I'm in Middletown. They just opened another gamestop in newport!!. Its in the same plaza as walmart/stop&shop.. So that gives the island 2 video game stores! (besides walmart and fyi)

I doubt this will get anywhere....but has anyone seen Glory Days 2 for the DS at any stores around here? I think it came out 7/31 but many people can't find it yet.

[quote name='Trikip']Aw that sucks. At least there's a Play N Trade coming to RI. That's what it says on their site. Doesn't say a city though. I hear they have classic games.[/quote]

Any word on this since?

[quote name='looploop']Any word on this since?[/quote]

I myself haven't heard much, but I did see a small billboard advertising their website over in Smitfield, near the Smithfield Crossing.

North Kingstown here and summer job @ walmart in electronics. Have Halo 3 in stock in the back and Halo 3 xbox 360's too. They both look amazing, just sucks staring at them knowing I can't buy it yet :x Ugh.

Saw that the Xbox 360 Elite is going to be discontinued too from what I read and saw. Also, from a paper I saw, there's going to be a replacement xbox 360 Core in November. I have pics of it somewhere on my mac.

Nah, I heard from one of my sources that since the majority of 360s that get the RROD are from Cores that the new ones are going to be discontinued so that the new ones get the new chips/heatsinks. That's what I was told. It's pretty good if it is true. They are amazing too, have my Halo 3 LE Xbox 360 and I believe they have the new chips/heatsinks in them and my new 360 runs soooo fast and smooth, very quiet. Now all I need to do is pick up my copy of Halo 3 @ the Coventry Gamestop (the one in Centre of New England). Still not sure which one I'm gonna pick up though.

[quote name='eton rifles']I live in Newport. Just joined the site.[/quote]

Welcome to CAG! Just don't be an ass and you'll be fine. :D

Advice for life there hootie ;)
I might've gone to the launch if my 360 weren't moonlighting as a paperweight at MS repair center at the moment.

Anyone see the 40GB PS3 somewhere besides GameStop? The Sony Style store is expecting any until black Friday.

I need a second one for an early Christmas gift.

Nice, I drive by there every day, yet I haven't had the chance to go in yet.

I wonder if they have good trade-in prices...

I don't know, but I hear their store is really, really nice. They have great customer service and they let you try your games before you buy them. The have kiosks for all systems, even the old ones. They accept trade-ins for all the old games, I'm pretty sure even as far back as NES (Yes!). I'm going there this weekend so if anyone's been there, please tell me how it is! I can't wait to go.

Warwick sucks, just a little.

For anyone interested, Salvation Army on the East Side of Providence had a console only NES for $9.50 the other day.

My eyes lit up when you said they had an NES, then I realized it was console only. I've been looking for one of those but with hookups.

[quote name='Trikip']My eyes lit up when you said they had an NES, then I realized it was console only. I've been looking for one of those but with hookups.[/quote]

Seriously? I believe I have one with hookups, no box though and some old games (but last time I checked they were like "Elmo's ABCs and Elmo's 123s". No joke).

I'd do that but unfortunately I'm just a kid. I don't even know how Craigslist really works anyway. Do you actually meet up with the seller?

Yeah, craiglist is just as bad as ebay if your not careful, there are still scams and even worst are beatings that happen. You should be set if you just meet up with the seller in daylight with a friend or someone you know in daylight. I usually do it at malls in the afternoon

You only really have to be wary of CL if you live in a bad area or if you're going for something high in price/value. For someone living in East Providence and for an NES and games with an asking price of $40, not much to worry about.

Woohoo! I just bid 8.00 for an NES with all hookups, one controller, the zapper gun, and two games on shopgoodwill. I have a pretty good feeling I'm going to win because the auction has been going on since New Year's Eve and there have only been two bids. It ends tomorrow. And oh yeah, it's been tested and works. :)

Hey all, I'm from Tiverton over here. (right next to Fall River, MA)

I saw earlier in the thread people asking about Play n trade, and looking for classic games.

theres a hole in the wall shop in fall river right on south main street called "bobs video games" (what a great title for a hole in the wall shop, huh?)

but, I went there a few weeks and they have a TON of stuff from pretty much every system. the place is a dump, but I can promise you they have some good finds in there.

The Sony Style store in the Providence Place Mall has core PSP Slims in stock. I went all over stores from Warwick to Attleboro and they were the only ones that had it. Which is odd. But, whatever.

bread's done
Back