Any Rhode Islanders here?

Good luck, you should probably be able to at least find sports games in Providence.

I tried the SA in Somerset, MA (near the Swansea mall) but they closed that location and the one in Warren RI. They're opening a new huge one even closer to the mall that's opening August 16.

Not even the Providence SA? Did you ask to see the games in the electronics section behind the counter?

Anyway, it seems like these games are getting harder and harder to find. I think I'm going yardsaling this weekend for games though.

I may have found a great place to find SNES games in RI. More details possibly on Thursday, but I don't want to say anything yet.

I actually planned on letting you know first. lol. I'll give you a hint... it's a pawn shop. And unfortunately my mom doesn't feel comfortable going to pawn shops and I can't drive since I'm 14, so there's a good chance I won't be going there. And just wait and see, you're probably going to find Earthbound there for a buck. Ha. I don't know what the prices are like though.

For those that care, there's two system-linked Tekken 6 machines at the Warwick Mall in Warwick, RI. They've had them for a couple of months, but I don't think it's been mentioned here yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in Kingston until the end of the year, but I don't have a car. I'm planning on going to FYE (Wakefield) this weekend since someone told me they were clearing out xbox/gc games... I haven't been to providence yet. Any solid recommendations? remember I can only bus it, and the RIPTA looks like it has horrible schedules.

anyway if anyone's from URI and has a car let me know.

The bus schedule isn't that bad. The 66 should go from URI to Providence. Doesn't it run every 45-60 minutes (been awhile since I took the 66)?

yeah but I heard from friends that it's never on time so impossible to catch. anyway I'm going to providence with a bunch of people on friday, to this restaurant panne e vino or whatever. any nice stores I should check out nearby?

So anyway, anyone else at URI on here? With a car preferably so we can hit bargain bins at Circuit City and other places this weekend?

Am originally from Connecticut, but I moved to Cranston in 2004 and then to Warwick in 2007. Originally came for college, but will be sticking around after I graduate in March '09.

i live in westerly and if anyones near the downtown area there is a store "Jedi Collectibles" w/ great deals on old school games and next-gen. The owner also has a gaming set-up behind the store with like 8 big screen tv's that you can play on and what not.

I've always wanted to hit up Jedi Collectables but my time in RI is almost over. Due to economic turmoil I am now working in CT and working on moving away from Da Bucket as it was. The Gamecrazy there was an alright store and still had a couple of decent dreamcast games. Couldn't find a fightstick there though.

hey everyone i live in central falls but Im orignally from Pawtucket the bucket so if any of wana add me ask me for my psn and ill add you or my wii number or gamertag you'll get it just let me know

I was driving around bored today and went to Best Buy in Middletown (I think) and they had several bins with $9.99 games, with titles like Naruto Rise of a Ninja, Megaman Starforce, Apollo Justice, Don King's Prizefighter, and many others. They were in the back of the store.

just thought id post it in case anyone out there is interested, seems like the coventry super walmart has some weird stuff they must have found in the back room.

i saw a brand new unopened final fantasy ps2 fat with the hard drive for $88, plus some random other crap theyve thrown out there, probably gonna check out the warwick mall one maybe theyre digging up stuff to get rid of for fiscal year or something

only gamecrazy closing in the state anyway is in lincoln, at the lincoln mall, and the targets are hit or miss as to having what everyone else is claiming in the target thread

i was gonna go check that one out haha. though it's probably well picked over. and the targets in warwick (warwick mall and near best buy) are pretty junky when it comes to clearance, though i've only looked the past 2 weeks.

depending on what it is your looking for at the targets the best one is usually on rt 2 mostly for games, the mall one has better other clearance

[quote name='Azarius']depending on what it is your looking for at the targets the best one is usually on rt 2 mostly for games, the mall one has better other clearance[/QUOTE]
do you know what day they go on clearance? i went back yesterday after going last thursday and i don't think there was much if any new at either, though they were both organized.

bread's done
Back