Any Rhode Islanders here?

[quote name='IXI Dragunz IXI']Hey guys the Best Buy in North Attleboro has Blue Dragon for $30.[/QUOTE]

Correction. Blue Dragon is $20. ;-)

There's a big rack up the center isle between movies and music clearance games. Anything with a red dot is 50% off. There were 360, PS3, PS2, and DS games there. From what I can recall:
:360: Virtua Fighter 5 Online $30
:360: Beautiful Katamari $20

There was probably about twenty different titles, but honestly that's all I can remember.

[quote name='WebScud']Correction. Blue Dragon is $20. ;-)

There's a big rack up the center isle between movies and music clearance games. Anything with a red dot is 50% off. There were 360, PS3, PS2, and DS games there. From what I can recall:

There was probably about twenty different titles, but honestly that's all I can remember.[/QUOTE]
That all Best Buys? I'd rather go to the one in Warwick since it's closer to me.

[quote name='WebScud']Correction. Blue Dragon is $20. ;-)

There was probably about twenty different titles, but honestly that's all I can remember.[/quote]

The one in North Attleboro? I was there a couple days ago for $30. If so then I'm going to return and rebuy.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']That all Best Buys? I'd rather go to the one in Warwick since it's closer to me.[/QUOTE]

Probably not since it required a manager override.

[quote name='IXI Dragunz IXI']The one in North Attleboro? I was there a couple days ago for $30. If so then I'm going to return and rebuy.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. The normal price sticker said $39.99 and it had the red dot.

[quote name='Trikip']Oh, that's too bad. There were some great deals there. XD[/quote]

Yeah I heard Obama was giving out hope for free!

That's a steal!

[quote name='bigdaddy']Yeah I heard Obama was giving out hope for free!

That's a steal![/quote]

Bastards. :lol:

I actually forgot this was strictly about video game deals, sorry for going off topic.

I emailed the guy about NES games and he said they've got around 200 from $1 to $25. I'm hoping to go this weekend.

[quote name='Trikip']I emailed the guy about NES games and he said they've got around 200 from $1 to $25. I'm hoping to go this weekend.[/quote]

Just emailed him too and said that they have 100 SNES game ranging from $1 - $15 with the majority of them being boxed, about 25% not boxed. Might have to go tomorrow :lol:

Holy crap. I just started collecting old games last year and I still haven't found boxed games. Can't wait!

I emailed the guy about NES games and he said they've got around 200 from $1 to $25. I'm hoping to go this weekend.

[quote name='Trikip']I emailed the guy about NES games and he said they've got around 200 from $1 to $25. I'm hoping to go this weekend.[/quote]

Just emailed him too and said that they have 100 SNES game ranging from $1 - $15 with the majority of them being boxed, about 25% not boxed. Might have to go tomorrow :lol:

Holy crap. I just started collecting old games last year and I still haven't found boxed games. Can't wait!

So I stopped by that store today (The Time Capsule). It was a really fun store to go to. The staff was very nice. Their prices weren't anything special but they weren't horrible. They also had records, comics, movies, and stuff like that. They had a boxed Dreamcast too! $50 though. It's definitely a place to check out.

This thread is really dead.

I was extremely surprised to see at least three Wiis in stock at Target the other day. I haven't seen any since last summer.

[quote name='Trikip']This thread is really dead.

I was extremely surprised to see at least three Wiis in stock at Target the other day. I haven't seen any since last summer.[/quote]

Haha, RI is pretty dead.

Anyways, I always see Wii's instock @ NK Walmart. The other day they had 12+ throughout the day, and AFAIK they still have atleast 6.

It seems like, everytime somebody wants a Wii, they can't find it. When the store actually does have Wii's, they "aren't sure" whether or not they want it. Haha, strange.

I went to the Cumberland 4th of July parade; it was decent. Watching the Bristol parade in hi-def was far better, though. :)

speaking of news, somehow my wife and I totally missed the plane crash that happened at the Middletown airport, which is pretty amazing since we live right by it.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Going to be a Tekken 6 tournament soon at Warwick Mall.[/QUOTE]

Oh? When?

Anyone in the area use Gamefly or other rental service? What's the turn-around time like?

[quote name='Trikip']Just out of curiosity, are there any thrift shoppers here in RI?[/QUOTE]
List some thrift shops, and I'll let you know if I'm one. ;D

[quote name='PsovazHunter']List some thrift shops, and I'll let you know if I'm one. ;D[/quote]

Salvation Army, Savers, etc.

I was wondering if anyone could point me towards a good one that I don't already know about.

[quote name='PsovazHunter']If I knew where those were, I'd go to them...

Does anyone know where I can buy new/used SNES games?[/quote]

Ha, I smiled when I read that because I'm also looking for those. And you can get them at the Salvation Army, although they sometimes have them and sometimes don't. It's hit or miss. There are a bunch of locations in RI, just check out www.satruck.com for them.

I've encountered many actually. I've gotten three Super NES games at them but I've seen loads. The Sal's in Providence ALWAYS has them but 99% of the time they're sports. I got SimCity for SNES, though, and it's great.

Please let me know if you get any finds. Maybe there will be a local rivalry. =D

EDIT: I don't know if I've said this before, but I called the Play N Trade in North Providence one time and they said they have SNES games. They're probably a bit more pricey than Sal's though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Play N Trade address: 1744 Mineral Spring Avenue, North Providence

I'd also like to give you this link in case you don't already know about it. It's a whole thread devoted to deals at Goodwill and Salvation Army. Unfortunately, there aren't any Goodwills in RI. I emailed them and they said there might be in the future though. For now there's just Sal's.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=167241

I've never been to those two Salvation Armies so let me know how they are! It's great to have some life in this thread for once. =D

bread's done
Back