Anybody still playing PS2? What games are you playing?

HELL YEA get a PS2 its one of the greatest consules ever. xbox 360 is getting close to being one of the best to

My brother has left for college. He brought all of his good PS2 games and left a bunch of shitty ones. Great. :roll: On the plus side, he left behind FFIX and FFVIII, among other PS1 games. Even though he hates RPGs I guess he checked eBay before considering leaving FFVII behind. :bomb::wall:

TRU has a 2 for $30 for all $19.99 and under games. :bouncy: If Play-Asia is to be believed, Okami is going GH this week. Any ideas on my second game? Or if TRU acts like TRU and there will be no Okami, what should I get for my two games?

Now I already own:
Viewtiful Joe
METAL GEAR SOLID 2
METAL GEAR SOLID 3
Twisted Metal: Head On
---inherited crap---
007 Nightfire (actually a good multiplayer FPS)
2002 FIFA World Cup
Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex
Harry Potter: Quidditch World Cup
Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring, The
Madden NFL 2004
Spyhunter
Stuntman
World Championship Poker
dot hack // INFECTION

plus a bunch of demo disks. Woo. :lol:

I'm considering these for TRU:
Okami (unlikely to be in stock)
GTA San Andreas
Burnout something/Gran Turismo 4
Jak 3

Your brother didn't want to take Quidditch World Cup to college?! That shit's like Spanish Fly to nerdy girls.

...maybe, I dunno.

this thread makes me want to pick up some PS2 games for my PS3.. I had a PS2 when it launched but quit playing it probably after FFX released LOL and gave it to my sister since I just played my xbox.

I just recently picked up Champions of Norrath co-op with my GF and been playing God of War II, in which I can recommend both. Man makes feel like I bought my PS3 for blu-ray and PS2 wireless connectivity (jk I play a lot of PS3 games also)

I'm debating b/t FFXII and Disgaea HoD since both will be sub $20..

I can't say anything about the controls/visuals of the PS2 version of Okami, since I played the Wii version, but I would highly recommend this game especially if you enjoy titles like Zelda. 40+ hours and plenty to do should keep you entertained.

I'ma so scared/excited for Black Friday. PS2 Batman bundle $99 at Amazon, along with $15 for two SONY memory cards, $10 for arctic blue controller, $10 each for God of War and GoWII, $10 for Jak 3. Shit is going down.

If only I don't fuck up. :pray: This is so nerve wracking I'd rather pay $99 for a standalone PS2 90000 in store than put up with this shit and have to get up at like 5AM. I'd be happy with the PS2, the memory cards and stuff is just icing on this "oh fuck complete order complete order dammit dammit load faster place order shit shit shit" cake.

I just realized that since this thread first began, I've bought a PS2, sold it, and bought another one. I wanted to get the newer 90000 model with the built-in power supply. It was totally worth it. Now the system is even more portable, and I can just toss it in my laptop bag and bring to my friends' houses no problem.

Definitely get the Lego Batman bundle from Amazon. You won't regret it. As for games, I'd recommend Burnout Revenge over Burnout 3 and Gran Turismo, simply because I like how you're ranked in Revenge by crashing. There's a bit more strategy to it rather than just trying to come in first in the races.

Haven't played any of the Jak games, but I can whole-heartedly recommend any of the Ratchet & Clank games. Up Your Arsenal is my favorite. Great platforming and a rewarding weapons system.

And about GTA...I actually like Vice City better than San Andreas, but I'm partial to the whole 80s setting. However, San Andreas is not a letdown by any stretch of the word. You'll be happy playing either one.

Man, this thread just made me realize how awesome the PS2 was (is). I hope you find one, OP, and I hope you really enjoy it!

EDIT: Almost forgot, you won't be disappointed with Twisted Metal! Just make sure you have some friends to play it with.

fuck
Guess what Amazon didn't sell for $99?
PS2!
I've got component cables and a memory card and a controller though. Also missed out on Shadow of the Collosus for $10 because I wanted free shipping. :roll:
fuck YEAH!
GUESS WHAT AMAZON FINNALLY SOLD FOR $99?
PS2!
I've got component cables and a memory card and a controller too! Also missed out on Shadow of the Collosus for $10 because I wanted free shipping. Oh well, you can't win them all. Once it get here via no income or job cheap ass shipping, I can just plow though MGS2 and MGS3. Not to mention Twisted Metal and Viewtiful Joe. Ooh! And LEGO Batman! *glee*

Last edited by a moderator:
Broke down and got more stuff. Convinced my very impressionable mom to pay for Jak 3, God of War, and Katamari Damacy (and a free shipping filler) as a Christmas gift. :bouncy: This BF tops last BF my so much. Last year all I got was The Orange Box on PC for $25. :lol: Staying up till 4AM was so worth it. I've turned this thread into a general PS2 topic like the one in the XBOX forum.

If you're into RPGs at all, I've heard great things about Odin Sphere. It's a Greatest Hits game so you should be able to find it pretty cheaply. I haven't played it myself, but it'll be my next pickup.

[quote name='Doomed']Broke down and got more stuff. Convinced my very impressionable mom to pay for Jak 3, God of War, and Katamari Damacy (and a free shipping filler) as a Christmas gift. :bouncy: This BF tops last BF my so much. Last year all I got was The Orange Box on PC for $25. :lol: Staying up till 4AM was so worth it. I've turned this thread into a general PS2 topic like the one in the XBOX forum.[/quote] awww. doode don't worry about it. once you can get a job the PS2 games just ROLL in! I got like at least 30 games for it.
Oh but just be sure you never spend above 10 dollars for any game. ( I didn't) to date the most I've spent for a ps2 game is probably... 20 for odin sphere(new) and 15 for Shadow of the Colossus(rare. :p)

I've played a bunch of random PS2 stuff at night recently. Eternal Poison, Dynasty Warriors 6, and Gran Turismo 4. I like GT4 and Eternal Poison seems to have potential. Stay far away from Dynasty Warriors 6.

I've been playing God of War II, Persona 3, and will be getting into Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories when it drops in a week or two...

I've got a bunch of PS2 games "open" right now: Wild ARMs 5 (in the final dungeon), Persona 3 FES (about 20 hours in), Dragon Quest VIII (about 30 hours in), and Final Fantasy X-2 (about 20 hours in). I tend to jump around a lot with JRPGs rather than finish one before starting another.

I have finally dug into the PS2 [RPG] collection. Soul Nomad was completed after a year last week, and I've put a good 13 hours into Digital Devil Saga this weekend, awesome game.

I'm currently playing Radiata Stories. I stopped playing Valkyrie Profile 2 for this game. I think it's a much better game than VP2. Much more enjoyable, except for the in-game timer...

[quote name='davegargamel']I'm currently rockin' Kingdom Hearts II. Every bit as fun as the first one in my opinion.[/QUOTE]

Heck yeah! Now you're speaking my language. Kingdom Hearts is probably my favorite video game series. I've got Re:Chain of Memories coming in two days...

Forgot to mention I broke down again and got God of War II when Amazon was offering it for $9.95. My LEGO Batman PS2 slimerer shipped to me yesterday, and thanks to a friend lending me their memory card until mine gets here, I was rockin' Twisted Metal Head On: Extra Twisted Edition's story mode yesterday and today. Although I'd much rather be playing Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance, I'm very very scared to start playing it on one, a weeknight, and two, a week where I have a shitload of schoolwork. The MGS Essential Collection shipped to me on weekend where a 200 point project was due the following Monday, and I was playing MGS until 5PM on Sunday. :rofl:

Dunno if it really counts, but I'm currently playing Star Ocean: The Second Story on my PS2, a PS1 game I snagged years ago but never finished. I've also gotten into a retro kick as of late running through Atari classics on Activision Anthology. With games getting more and more complex, it's nice to go back to the good ol' days every once in a while...

I Just got my PS2 2 Months Ago At Microplay.Me,My brother and my sister love it.My brother Loves Harry Potter games,Ratchet and Klank up your arsenal,SEGA Genesis collection,ATV Offroad fury,SSX Tricky And Marvel ultimate alliance and NHL 2002 and viewtiful Joe

I Like:SSX,SSX Tricky,Bully,ATV Offroad Fury,NBA Street,Grand tursimo 3,Viewtiful joe,NHL 2002,

My sister loves:SSX Tricky And NHL 2002

Got Killer 7 in a trade here on CAG about a year ago, and I finally put it in my PS2 for the first time two days ago. Great game. You have to be extremely patient with it at first, as it's a very unique game, but once you get the hang of it it's a blast. (Even though I can't follow the storyline for shit).

[quote name='GameBoyee']I Just got my PS2 2 Months Ago At Microplay.Me,My brother and my sister love it.My brother Loves Harry Potter games,Ratchet and Klank up your arsenal,SEGA Genesis collection,ATV Offroad fury,SSX Tricky And Marvel ultimate alliance and NHL 2002 and viewtiful Joe

I Like:SSX,SSX Tricky,Bully,ATV Offroad Fury,NBA Street,Grand tursimo 3,Viewtiful joe,NHL 2002,

My sister loves:SSX Tricky And NHL 2002[/quote] all 3 of you need to play some God of War. :)

[quote name='cruzfactor']I'm currently playing Radiata Stories. I stopped playing Valkyrie Profile 2 for this game. I think it's a much better game than VP2. Much more enjoyable, except for the in-game timer...[/quote]

i LOVED Radiata Stories. I had to play it twice so i could play both sides.

I bought VP2 but couldnt get into it. same with Xenosaga. and Star Ocean : 2nd story... im having a rough time right now finding something to play. i was thinking of picking up the new Kingdom Hearts, but i read that it was just a makeover of the first just with a new battle system (using cards)

[quote name='Doomed']

Any opinions on Hot Shots Golf 3 or 4? The reviews for HSG4 say it has all of the courses 3 has.
[/quote]

HS golf = fun
HS tennis = no fun

MGS2:S is awesome. As is Twisted Metal: Head On. :bouncy: Come Christmas I'm not sure I'll want to play my other PS2 games until I finish MGS2 and MGS3. Lego Batman didn't seem that great... it'll be pushed aside until at least I finish MGS2/MGS3/Katamari/TM.

I'm currently waiting on Persona 4 to arrive but I'm getting back to playing my PS2 games like Odin Sphere and stuff.

I play these more than any games throughout the year, Twisted Metal 1 and Resident Evil 1. Been playing TM1 a lot though recently since it was the best Christmas present ever and it takes place on Christmas :) Been thinking of starting Indigo Prophecy, the setting is good for Christmas time too.

I still play Virtua Fighter 4: Evolution, Street Fighter Anniversary Collection, SF Alpha Anthology (2 most of the time), Arcana Heart, Tekken 5, Capcom vs SNK 2, and Guilty Gear X2. Can you tell I'm a big fighting game fan?

I'm also getting ready to start Okami, Metal Gear Solid 3, or Radiata Stories.

Are you going to play imports at all? There are many more quality fighters that never hit our shores.

Been putting in more time on Persona 3 lately, also still inching toward the end of Wild ARMs 5. With the release of Re:Chain of Memories, I decided to start up Kingdom Hearts to see what the series is about.

Yesterday (and ongoing) I played DDR Supernova 2 (Japanese version). My kids have been playing Madden '07 a lot of late (they are 6 and 7) as well as Sly 2 and Klonoa 2 and I've dabbled a little in latter and plan to continue with it. I've got lots of stuff on the backlog to play. I'm partway through Shadow of the Colossus and need to get back into that - great game!

[quote name='depascal22']
Are you going to play imports at all? There are many more quality fighters that never hit our shores.[/quote]
You mean me? Not unless I can get a swap magic and I'm not much for fighters.

i'm still stuck on persona 3. i have been busy with school for the past few months so i couldn't get around to finishing it.

Started Suikoden V, but put it aside before I got to the good parts. I had read it was slow to start, but goodness gracious...

bread's done
Back