Anybody still playing PS2? What games are you playing?

Recently picked up Devil May Cry cheap.. so I'm just getting into that now. ...Yes, I've committed a lot of PS2 gaming sins, aren't I a terrible person?

I have been playing my ps2 lateley to get my old school remake fix....Maximo, Neo Contra, and a Sega Genesis collection disc.

[quote name='TeeInMinny']I have been playing my ps2 lateley to get my old school remake fix....Maximo, Neo Contra, and a Sega Genesis collection disc.[/quote]
Yeah I beat Maximo Army of Zin last summer. Fun game, but I remember the first being hella hard (which caused me to only briefly play it.)

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Jesus Friggen balls God of War 1 was hard... time for God of War 2[/quote]

I played it on easy, but I didn't think it was that challenging...

Anyway I started playing Shadow Hearts Covenant again - just turned on the auto-ring and now I'm loving it.

I popped GTA:SA back in the other day, if only to re-affirm to myself once again how much better it was than GTAIV. My memory proved true, now I'll probably end up playing my way through it again.

Still playing the PS2 and I have a backlog of ~10 games left. Looking to buy a new PS2 in the coming months for the family room. The bargain bins at Gamestop does not help me neither in trying to stop playing the PS2 and focus on the PS3.

Ya, I still play PS2 games. Currently playing King of Fighters XI. And recently played Maximo, Capcom Classics Collection 2, Neo Contra, and Tekken 5.

I'm still playing my PS2. Just finished Dark Cloud 2, Phantom Brave, and La Pucelle Tactics recently. Have Guitar Hero III in and out of the system. Have a bunch of other games in the backlog. Thinking of playing next Shadow Hearts 3, Persona 3 FES, or SMT: Nocturne. Plus I have some games I want to replay, such as GTA: SA, FF X, MGS 3, God of War, Kingdom Hearts, etc.

Recently finished Killzone, and it's not really as bad as people on the internets had me believe. Nothing too special, either, but it's clear Guerrilla learned a fuckton since then.

Now I'm working on Dynasty Warriors 6. Maybe my memory is fuzzy, but it seems like Koei has regressed with keeping as many characters on the screen at once as possible. Seems like there's more disappearing & reappearing soldiers, more or less the same old slowdowns. But I like the different outfits, revamped stages, new weapons, horse system, and other changes they've made.

So far it's still pretty enjoyable, in the future I hope they can lengthen the existing Musou modes, add Musou modes for more and more characters, and for god's sake scrap the engine and build the game from scratch.

Still slowly chugging away at tales of the abyss. So far to go on it, hopefully wife is going to get my a new controller and with the price drop a new PS2 for the basement.

I've been playing God Hand alot and i just Started on Metal Gear Solid 2. God Hand has quickly become one of my favorite ps2 games, The entire game is just crazy and the song that plays during the credits cracks me up.
I'm still extremely early on in mgs2 but so far it's been quite fun.

I don't currently have this game, but I remember playing Chaos Legion when it first came out about 4 or 5 years ago. Very similar to Devil May Cry, except that you can summon different monsters to assist you in the slaughter of hordes of enemies. Now I am nostalgic for this game, and I will probably go pick it up.

Yeah, I mean it wasn't exactly innovative, since I think the first two DMC games had already been out once that was released, but I loved the spirit being summonings. The huge goliath guy was ridiculous

While the reviewers disagree, I think CoD is much better than LoI. It has familiars (A la Chaos Legion and Castlevanis SotN) and a variety of weapons.

Excellent. Yeah I've been kinda bummed with the PS3 releases coming out, and since I have a backward compatible PS3, I think I am just going to start looking at building my PS2 library since it is so much better.

Well supposedly Tales of Vesperia is coming out for PS3, that is the RPG for action/adventure fans. On topic however, Tales of the Abyss is a must-buy for RPG/Action/Adventure people. You're lucky to have a BC PS3, I missed the boat on that one.

I recently hooked the PS2 up to play my unplayed copy of God of War 2 (I know). I will probably get on that this weekend. I wish I had a bc PS3 or that Sony would allow an update to do some software emulation. Oh well, that's why I keep the PS2 around.

Since I have the damn flu again, i'm not going to pour through all of those entries, but I'll posts the top-most games in my ps2 backlog

Rogue Galaxy
- Still in the shrinkwrap.
Odin Sphere - actually a really good game. The difficulty levels kinda gets me, and so does the 2-tiered leveling system, but it has a great story, great art direction, and I'm so pissed I haven't finished this game yet.
Dark Cloud 2 - another great game I haven't finished yet, oldie but goodie.
The Ratchet and Clank Series - Action/Platformer done right
Beyond Good and Evil - Not that big of a hit, but it has an incredible story and a strong cast of characters.

As for games that I've finished and are currently in love with:

Okami - Seriously, this is the best game I've played for the ps2 in a long while. Better than the Kingdom Hearts Series
The Kingdom Hearts Series - only reason why I bought a ps2 to begin with. It's like a fanfiction's writer's dream, and without the crappy 3rd rate writing.

[quote name='rumarudrathas']
The Kingdom Hearts Series - only reason why I bought a ps2 to begin with. It's like a fanfiction's writer's dream, and without the crappy 3rd rate writing.[/quote]

Instead we get crappy 4th rate writing! Both Kingdom Hearts games are fun though.

;)

I believe the Sony PS2 represents VALUE!

The Wii while the least expensive of the next gen consoles, I still find the same issues with Nintendo that plagued the N64 and GamCube, unless your a fan of RPG's, Mario games and other Nintendo stables, its not the game console for "mature players".

The PS3 has had disappointing releases since day one, unless your a FPS fan, which I am not. I won't cover the Xbox because Windows is more than enough Microsoft in my house.

I never complained about the price of the PS3 as some others have, but neither did I feel the need to purchase one at launch or since. The Slim PS2 now $99 ($150 when I got mine) has a DEEP library of games to keep you busy for the next several years.

Bleeding Edge Graphics are nice to look at, but the overall selection of games on the PS3 is troubling. There are only four or five games that I would say are personal must buys as I'm much more of a Action/Adventure, Racer, Sports Player.

I just can't see myself and I don't use the economy as an excuse, a reason to buy a PS3 right now. Maybe when GT5 the full version is released, then I'll have to buy one...

As for what I am playing currently -

ToCA Race Driver 3 (5 out of 177 Cups, Career Mode Finished, Occasional Online Play)

GT4 (All Licenses but the final one, B Spec 100/70, All Driving Missions but the last one!)

Midnight Club 3 Remix (40% Finished)

Test Drive: Unlimited (Online Dead? Thats' what I got it for....Server was down last time I checked, 35% Finished)

I have a PS3 and PS2 and my PS2 get s a lot more use. Currently trying t get through all the SMT games I missed. Must be crazy because some of them are super expensive (nocturne) and the graphics leave a lot to be desired, but man they're the best! Who thought it would be a good idea to reprint Devil summoner 1 but not 2, crazyness!

Yeah, been going through a ps2 revival for the past week (the current ps3 titles aren't that titillating, maybe when inFamous comes out or something).

Okami is a must-play if you like the Kingdom Hearts series.
Trying to finish both Odin Sphere and FF XII right now, and I'm really re-digging Odin Sphere.

[quote name='willardhaven']Great choices, Tales of the Abyss might even be the best RPG on the system.[/quote]

I have been working on it for a good year now. I was in and out of Vesperia in a week and a half absolutely loved that game I just can't get past Luke I think.

Attempting Silent Hill 2 again
, on easy this time. I can't believe the difficulty gap in most survival horrors. Easy is generally a tad too easy, but I usually find normal to be considerably difficult.

This game is, without a doubt, the most unsettling creation I've ever experienced. There has been no other game, movie, or book to get into my head as successfully as this does. I tried playing this a long time ago, and I honestly couldn't take it. I play games to relax, but I found that this game actually stressed me out more, simply because it was so unnerving. I put it down the moment you encounter the nurses for the first time.

Now that I'm older, I decided to give it another go. It's just as scary as I remember, but I'm much more dedicated to finishing it this time. After all, Silent Hill is mandatory for any horror fan...

2 is the best Silent Hill I've ever played, it's worth the effort. I played it on normal and it wasn't too bad, you just have to keep your wits about you.

Yeah! I play PS2 games all the time... actually I play about a 30:1 ratio of PS2 games to PS3 games on my PS3... God Hand is my all time FAVORITE! I'm constantly picking up lots of games I missed out on now that they are cheap. I actually just recently picked up a Japanese PS2 and a bunch of games for that as well.

[quote name='The Notorious ROB']I'm thinking of getting the PS2 since its only $99. I have the Metal Gear Solid: Essential Collection I want to play.[/QUOTE]
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance is my favorite game ever, and Metal Gear Solid is my second favorite. I suck at MGS 3, but I'm guessing that's good too if you have enough dedication.

Just bought mafia and maximo the other day. maximo still has the blue dvd disc, that I haven't seen since the games of the ps2 launch

I started FFXII up again. I put maybe 5 hours into it when it first came out then got a new job and got engaged and was too busy to play it.

I've put about a dozen hours into it so far; its a pretty damn good game....different, but good.

I just fired up Neo Contra... which acutally turned out to be pretty fun. A little over the top, but fun nonetheless.

Just picked up a ton of PS2 RPG games I missed out on while in school. Created a backlog as big as my 360 one.

Disgaea 1,2, Tales of Legendia, Tales of The Abyss (mostly cuz of my huge freaking addiction to Tales of Vesperia), Silent Hill 3, SMT Devil Summoner , 1 & 2, Digital Devil Saga 1.

Also got Rule of Rose because it was Atlus and looked kind of cool. Anyone play it already? Thoughts?

Love my PS2, it's a must....buy it ASAP!.

Currently playing thru Haunting Ground & Rule of Rose.....big collecter of PS2 as I own over 200 games!.

I'm currently playing MLB Power Pros. One of these days, I'll find the time to finally play MGS3: Subsistence, Ratchet: Deadlocked and Rogue Galaxy.

Finally made it through Silent Hill 2. Never thought I'd be brave enough to finish it...

I had to Wiki some of the story, since it was all so cryptic. I got the gist of it, but some of the finer points were a little blurry. After Wiki-ing it, I can't believe how much effort went into making every little detail relevant to the story. For instance: I never knew that the nurses and the mannequins were designed to be
the physical manifestation of James' sexual frustration...

Just finished Killzone (after starting and stopping the game several times before). The beginning of the game is really good , so is the end , but the few missions in the middle where your fighting in the forest and swamp are terrible.

Also I dislike the fact that the game doesn't really keep track of any real campaign info besides basic stuff. Doesn't tell me what the highest difficulty I've beaten the game on , which levels I've beaten with which characters , stuff like that. I know that's kinda nitpicky stuff but it's still kinda annoying to me.

Think I'm going to build my PS2 collection back up again - Mainly with exclusives. Probably going to take advantage of EB's B2G1 sale and get some combination of God of War, Killzone, MGS3, and Kingdom Hearts II. Theres a ton more stuff I'd like to pick up, but three of those will hold me over for a while.

Picked up GOW2 the other day for $8, but I'd like to play the first before I start getting into it. Also really want to get Hot Shots Golf 3 and 4.

bread's done
Back