Anyone still playing the good ol' Xbox? What games are you playing?

[quote name='contej85']So I had an original Xbox until about a year after Halo 2 came out, then my power cord fried it, just before I got the recall notice in the mail. MS wouldn't replace it, so I said to hell with it and didn't replace it until just recently (wanted to finally get XBMC). I've since accumulated the following:

Halo
Crimson Skies
Ninja Gaiden Black
Phantom Dust
Metal Gear Solid 2
Knights of the Old Republic
Psychonauts
Dead or Alive 3
Hulk: Ultimate Destruction
Fable: TLC
Conker: Live and Reloaded
Hunter: The reckoning

I know I'm missing a few must haves like Kotor 2 and Halo 2, and I'm still trying to find Pirates!. What else am I missing to keep on the old shelf of essentials for old times sake though? I like to keep a collection of the games that represent the best each system has to offer.[/quote]

Scarface, The Warriors (both 720p widescreen), Brothers in Arms series, Jade Empire, Driver Parallel Lines...

With the soon to be released GTA4, I decided I wanted to get the last gen trilogy. So, I got the 3 games for Xbox off eBay last week. I played GTA3 for about an hour over the weekend. I haven’t played it since like 2002 or something I suppose. It was great being back in Liberty City.

I also bought Burnout 3 a week or two before Paradise came out. I played that for like 3 hours over the weekend. The Burnout series is so good.

I've been playing X-men Legends 2 online with a buddy of mine for the last three weeks. We try to finish an act a week. Currently just started act four. Really fun game dispite the issue with diplay resolutions online.

[quote name='contej85']So I had an original Xbox until about a year after Halo 2 came out, then my power cord fried it, just before I got the recall notice in the mail. MS wouldn't replace it, so I said to hell with it and didn't replace it until just recently (wanted to finally get XBMC). I've since accumulated the following:

[/quote]
Well this it too late, but you could have bought yourself an xbox power supply for $15 or so and replaced that instead of an entire xbox.

[quote name='Danil ACE']Well this it too late, but you could have bought yourself an xbox power supply for $15 or so and replaced that instead of an entire xbox.[/quote]

Nope, the cord fried the console itself. At some point it actually shot some sparks, and after that nothing could power that thing.

[quote name='contej85']Nope, the cord fried the console itself. At some point it actually shot some sparks, and after that nothing could power that thing.[/quote]

Power supply fried the cord, I guarantee. Usually it's bad solder joints on the power supply, causes overcurrent draw and melts the conductor.

I just started playing Fable since I got it from goozex for 100 points. Thats about it, I never owned an original xbox.

I play it from time to time. Usually wrestling games or snk vs capcom not sure on the exact name. Been playing batman sadly for some reason... It was cheap and decent... :lol:

In case you don't look in the regional deals section, you Northeast and Virginia CAGs should check your local Five Below for The Warriors and Justice league Heroes for original Xbox. $5 each.

I popped in Street Fighter Anniversary Ed. today, was happy to see the BC for 360 on this game seemed perfect, unlike Marvel vs Capcom 2 (so many graphical glitches/unplayable)

I can't afford a 360, and am stuck with an original Xbox, so does anyone suggest any games? I am currently playing Halo 2, Mercenaries, and KOTOR.

[quote name='cruzfactor']how much is a used xbox system from eb games?[/quote]

i saw ebgames (gamestop) in new york sellng for 60 - 70 bucks. With the 360 not fully able to play xbox 1 games, i guess that is why the price is that high.

But all in all, its still cheap considering it was 150 new.

I've got The Incredible Hulk Ultimate Destruction coming from Goozex this week...I've heard good things, so I'm really looking forward to playing it.

[quote name='bmachine']I've got The Incredible Hulk Ultimate Destruction coming from Goozex this week...I've heard good things, so I'm really looking forward to playing it.[/quote]

The opening level is total garbage, you'll think the game is crap. But it gets better quickly, and looks awesome in 720p widescreen.

[quote name='SoulProphet']i saw ebgames (gamestop) in new york sellng for 60 - 70 bucks. With the 360 not fully able to play xbox 1 games, i guess that is why the price is that high.

But all in all, its still cheap considering it was 150 new.[/quote]

Actually, I think it started out @ $299.99 and dropped quickly to $150, which is when I bought mine.

Oh and as for me, I tried out Legends Of Wrestling on my XBox last night. It was only $3 @ the one local Kmart, so even for how bleh it seemed during my 20 minutes trying it out, it'll be a fun little game to goof around in.

[quote name='CAGIronMan']I can't afford a 360, and am stuck with an original Xbox, so does anyone suggest any games? I am currently playing Halo 2, Mercenaries, and KOTOR.[/quote]

Panzer Dragoon Orta is fantastic... Phandom Dust is quite unique and fun, The Punisher was a good game. The Max Payne games are pretty good, Dead to Rights is okay, the Burnout Series was great (until Paradise on the 360), Capcom vs SNK 2 EO, Guilty Gear, Gun, GTA, Red Dead Revolver...

There are several great sports games if you're into those. I just picked up NBA Street V3 for $4 at Kmart new, as it was BC and I don't mind an NBA-Jam style game once in a while (not really into b-ball much...).

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Now, I'm playing through Marvel Ultimate Alliance on the original Xbox. It's a fun as hell Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance/Champions of Norrath clone.[/quote]
On original xbox? are you sure?

[quote name='CAGIronMan']On original xbox? are you sure?[/quote]

Yep. Platinum Hits versions are on clearance now at Target. They made at least 4 very similar superhero games like that on Xbox: X Men Legends 1&2, Marvel Ultimate Alliance, and Justice League heroes. All did 720p HD too.

I'm playing Hulk Ultimate Destruction, which is HD also, but more of a thrid person open world type game.

Huh, I did not know they made that for Xbox, I knew for the wii and 360, but not xbox. :p. thanks tho. I might have to pick that up...

[quote name='CAGIronMan']On original xbox? are you sure?[/quote]

It's an interesting game, where you can switch members of your team out whenever they 'die' for other Marvel super heroes at the save points. And once they recharge, you can swap back out for them again. It has a view which switches from something similar to BG/CON to a side view for some sequences, with the typical leveling up from RPGs.

I don't think I've even used my super powers more than a half dozen times in 2-3 levels already.

It's going for about $10 on the original Xbox @ Target now, both PH and regular green case versions. For $10, it's MORE than worth it.

Of course, right now I'm stuck on the Atlantis level, can't figure out where the hell I have to go to finish the level.

[quote name='Richard Longfellow']Yep. Platinum Hits versions are on clearance now at Target. They made at least 4 very similar superhero games like that on Xbox: X Men Legends 1&2, Marvel Ultimate Alliance, and Justice League heroes. All did 720p HD too.

I'm playing Hulk Ultimate Destruction, which is HD also, but more of a thrid person open world type game.[/quote]

Sorry for the double post, but does JLH have offline multiplayer? I'm curious, since it appeared as if MUA didn't, but I read through the book and it said you can play either cooperatively or competitively with other people.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Sorry for the double post, but does JLH have offline multiplayer? I'm curious, since it appeared as if MUA didn't, but I read through the book and it said you can play either cooperatively or competitively with other people.[/quote]

I haven't opened mine up yet (got it new at Five Below) but the box art says "team up with a friend for co-op mayhem...". I don't see anything about online so I assume they mean offline.

[quote name='Richard Longfellow']I haven't opened mine up yet (got it new at Five Below) but the box art says "team up with a friend for co-op mayhem...". I don't see anything about online so I assume they mean offline.[/quote]

That's good to know though, since I think several RPGs like this were online multiplayer ONLY, which does not bode well for me since I'm a typical hermit gamer who doesn't want to be bothered to be social with total strangers playing a game. :lol::whistle2:#

I picked up KOTOR1 and POP:Sands of Time at GS last week. I had beaten the crap out of KOTOR1 on the PC, but my gf hadn't played it, and my PC crapped out, plust it was only like $7 and BC. POP I had started but never finished on my brother's PS2, but it's critically praised, so I'll play through it some more now, also BC.

All and all, with tax and everything got both for about $18.

[quote name='lordwow']I picked up KOTOR1 and POP:Sands of Time at GS last week. I had beaten the crap out of KOTOR1 on the PC, but my gf hadn't played it, and my PC crapped out, plust it was only like $7 and BC. POP I had started but never finished on my brother's PS2, but it's critically praised, so I'll play through it some more now, also BC.

All and all, with tax and everything got both for about $18.[/quote]

One positive thing about GS, you can almost steal a lot of good last-gen Xbox titles. Just make sure the discs aren't peanut-butter-sandpapered. :roll:

If my Xbox was still playable, theres a few I'd like to get back into, such as The Warriors. But for over a year, its not wanted to boot up and in some cases not wanting to eject the disc

I've been grabbing more titles and have added two "I'm constantly playing these" to the list:

- Rainbow Six 3: Black Arrow
- Baldur's Gate 2: Dark Alliance

Looking to grab Deus Ex: Invisible War shortly.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Oooh...how is that?[/quote]

Got this from Goozex a little while back...a lot of run-and-gun fun, but VERY repetitive. Think Serious Sam with a silly demonic plotline.

Nixon's Revenge;4149691 said:
Looking to grab Deus Ex: Invisible War shortly.

One of my favorite games on the original Xbox. Enjoy.

a lot of ninja gaiden black and doa extreme beach volleyball and some other game's the price's are awesome for last gen xbox game's just got myself the collector's edition of chaos theory for 17 buck's after tax great game

i tried getting past the last level of mercenaries, and i still cant get it done, i can save the president but cant get to song.

[quote name='Gameguy82']a lot of ninja gaiden black and doa extreme beach volleyball and some other game's the price's are awesome for last gen xbox game's just got myself the collector's edition of chaos theory for 17 buck's after tax great game[/quote]

I'll trade you some of my periods for some of your apostrophes. ;)

I just bought my self a new halo 2 platonics headset for like 8 bucks on amazon, alot better than the krappy 2005 xbox live headset. THANK GOD

bread's done
Back