Ar Tonelico Qoga (PS3) NIS preorder CLE $69.99

StarOcean

CAGiversary!
My Calendar Set came in the mail today. I sorta didn't want to get the Calendar since it didn't "sell out" like they claimed it would, but I got lazy and didn't change my order.

Here's pictures of the package, although not unboxing since I don't plan on playing it... yet.

IMG_0005.jpg

IMG_0007-2.jpg

IMG_0008-2.jpg

As for the Calendar, it's still up on the NISA site to "pre-order," I guess for one more day. Here's some scans of it, you can judge for yourselves if it's worth it or not. FYI, semi-NSFW. Shit is definitely too embarassing to hang up lol. It's good for April 2011 to March 2012, with a final page with the entirety of 2012 on it.

Scan.png

Scan2.png

Scan3.png

P.S. I effin' love ordering from the NIS Store now. Priority shipping, arriving the day before the release date? Bonus points for future orders? Mmmm.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']
P.S. I effin' love ordering from the NIS Store now. Priority shipping, arriving the day before the release date? Bonus points for future orders? Mmmm.[/QUOTE]

Yeeeeah, they only seem to manage this when I'm not ordering from them... :/

hmm i'll have to keep an eye on my mail for the NIS package, i didn't know this was shipping already. I have so much junk coming in i havent even opened most of it. I still have my hyper dimension game in the packaging it came (they shipped it in a big well protected looking box)

[quote name='eau']WTF! Amazon now says:

Usually ships within 4 to 5 weeks.[/QUOTE]

Has anyone who pre-ordered from Amazon got their game shipped from yet?

I ordered from Newegg because I had credit with them and it says "on hold" meaning that "Once we receive your pre-ordered item, we will process your order." I ordered on 2/24/11. It shows out of stock on the product page. Doesn't look good for getting it anytime soon but I am patient.

[quote name='dubleo']Has anyone who pre-ordered from Amazon got their game shipped from yet?[/QUOTE]

I am a bit weirded out by amazon too on this game. I changed my order from NIS over to amazon due to having some gift cards, and noticed right away it seemed delayed. With two day shipping, my delivery estimate is not till Friday, which means it is not even due to ship till wednesday.

Maybe it's just backed up a day? I hope it comes friday with no wait. I will be pissed. Damn NIS has to do a better job of printing enough games already. Hyperdimension neptunia sold out in like 2 weeks completely....

I lucked out and picked up a sealed copy at Gamestop. After checking my Amazon pre-order this morning with it not shipping and the product page showing 4-6 weeks, I canceled my order.

[quote name='astromor']I ordered from Newegg because I had credit with them and it says "on hold" meaning that "Once we receive your pre-ordered item, we will process your order." I ordered on 2/24/11. It shows out of stock on the product page. Doesn't look good for getting it anytime soon but I am patient.[/QUOTE]

oddly enough i am in the same boat as you, but here's the interesting part. I also ordered it on 2/24/11. Huh small world. I assumed you took advantage of $10 off! awesome!

Though it pains me to say yeah the "on-hold" thing is a bit worrying.

Last time when Neptunia shipment was delayed they blamed it on a snowstorm. What's it this time? Flooding?

Well this kinda sucks for people not planning to open this package:

Dear Valued Customer,

First of all, we would like to thank you for purchasing the Premium Edition of Ar tonelico™ Qoga: Knell of Ar Ciel through the NISA Online Store. We truly appreciate your continued support.

It has come to our attention that some of the Premium boxes did not contain the advertised soundtrack CD. It appears that the CDs were inadvertently left out of some of the boxes during the assembly process at Sony’s manufacturing facility. This issue should not affect very many of the customers who ordered from the NISA Online Store, but we ask that you please check your Premium Box upon arrival. We are very sorry if you were one of the few customers who find that their CD is missing and would like to assure you that we are in communication with Sony to make sure that the missing CDs get shipped out as soon as possible.

If you did not receive your soundtrack CD, please use this claim form (http://nisamerica.com/games/atq/ost_replace.php) to request a copy of the soundtrack. We will forward your information ASAP to Sony for fulfillment.

Please note that it will take roughly 1-2 weeks to receive your CD from the date of your claim form submission. Also, the soundtrack CD will be shipped to you directly from Sony DADC in Terre Haute, IN, so please be aware that the sender address will NOT be NIS America, Inc.

Thanks again for all of your support!

Sincerely,

NIS America, Inc.
(714) 540-1122
[email protected] (OST replacement inquiries)
[email protected] (Online Store specific inquiries only)

Maybe that's why Amazon hasn't been shipping their copies, since NISA got in touch with them beforehand. I got my copy from Gamestop, and it had the disk.

I called NIS, asked since yeah I didn't want to open mine and they said out of the 2000 orders they sent out, only 2 people contacted them about not receiving the OST. Mostly issues with GameStop.

So, I'm not really sure but I'm just gonna keep mine sealed and order a replacement and live with it. Whatever.

Picked mine up at Gamestop, everything seems in order. Great game too ^_^, too bad NIS is giving it the typical milking as far as DLC goes. (Like 8$ worth of DLC already)

[quote name='groundskeeper']Well this kinda sucks for people not planning to open this package:

Dear Valued Customer,

First of all, we would like to thank you for purchasing the Premium Edition of Ar tonelico™ Qoga: Knell of Ar Ciel through the NISA Online Store. We truly appreciate your continued support.

It has come to our attention that some of the Premium boxes did not contain the advertised soundtrack CD. It appears that the CDs were inadvertently left out of some of the boxes during the assembly process at Sony’s manufacturing facility. This issue should not affect very many of the customers who ordered from the NISA Online Store, but we ask that you please check your Premium Box upon arrival. We are very sorry if you were one of the few customers who find that their CD is missing and would like to assure you that we are in communication with Sony to make sure that the missing CDs get shipped out as soon as possible.

If you did not receive your soundtrack CD, please use this claim form (http://nisamerica.com/games/atq/ost_replace.php) to request a copy of the soundtrack. We will forward your information ASAP to Sony for fulfillment.

Please note that it will take roughly 1-2 weeks to receive your CD from the date of your claim form submission. Also, the soundtrack CD will be shipped to you directly from Sony DADC in Terre Haute, IN, so please be aware that the sender address will NOT be NIS America, Inc.

Thanks again for all of your support!

Sincerely,

NIS America, Inc.
(714) 540-1122
[email protected] (OST replacement inquiries)
[email protected] (Online Store specific inquiries only)[/QUOTE]

well that's interesting... and upsetting... the OST is about the only thing I really want. I'm never even one for extra goodies, but the ar tonelico OSTs are usually the only "extras" I ever enjoy. Really excellent music as well, though I heard this iteration is lacking in the music department.

If someone opened theirs, could you quickly weigh the full package and then weigh it without the OST? That should allow those that want to keep it sealed to have a good idea if it contains the OST or not.

[quote name='dv8mad']If someone opened theirs, could you quickly weigh the full package and then weigh it without the OST? That should allow those that want to keep it sealed to have a good idea if it contains the OST or not.[/QUOTE]

Second that

Mine came in yesterday and had the CD included. Only problem is it isn't in any case, it is actually just in a paper sleeve. Once you opened it the game was on top and the soundtrack right underneath it with the art book on the bottom like most of the NISA premium packing has been.

[quote name='dv8mad']If someone opened theirs, could you quickly weigh the full package and then weigh it without the OST? That should allow those that want to keep it sealed to have a good idea if it contains the OST or not.[/QUOTE]

3rd this...

this really sucks. I was planning on keeping this sealed for a while and maybe getting another sealed copy for my collection, but if its missing the CD that just sucks... Big problem IMO. NIS had some authoriing problems with their first anime DVD release, then they screwed up with the billing for the hyperdimensional set, and now this? They need to get their crap in order this is getting ridiculous

Not sure if i want to open mine or not now, grrr. That post about it in a paper sleeve is ridiculous. Is that how its suposed to be? What about the nice artwork cd case most LEs have?

[quote name='scott_matthews']I haven't opened mine yet either. But I just went ahead and ordered the replacement disk just in case.[/QUOTE]

I imagine a lot of people are going to do this. Hope NIS has enough.

[quote name='salty tbone']I imagine a lot of people are going to do this. Hope NIS has enough.[/QUOTE]

Had it been NIS doing it themselves I probably would have opened it and checked first. But it looks like it's Sony who is fulfilling the replacements, not NIS. I figure I've given them enough money over the years that they can afford a few CDs. heh

[quote name='rpghope18']Mine came in yesterday and had the CD included. Only problem is it isn't in any case, it is actually just in a paper sleeve. Once you opened it the game was on top and the soundtrack right underneath it with the art book on the bottom like most of the NISA premium packing has been.[/QUOTE]

whaaa? No case for the game? Just paper sleeves and a outer paper display box? That sounds really cheap.

there was really no ps3 case?

[quote name='scott_matthews']Had it been NIS doing it themselves I probably would have opened it and checked first. But it looks like it's Sony who is fulfilling the replacements, not NIS. I figure I've given them enough money over the years that they can afford a few CDs. heh[/QUOTE]

You're not alone. By sending that email, NIS has guaranteed what may have been a few cases of missing CDs will be a widespread problem as many people file a claim whether they got it or not.

I'll admit the first thing that popped into my head was "How can they prove I didn't get the CD?" Not trying to be a moral mope, but I just hope the people who actually are missing their CD get one.

[quote name='Kaiser499']I'm getting a replacement CD even though I'm not missing one. :)[/QUOTE]

As long as I get a CD I am fine since I do plan to open and play, and first things I will do is rip to mp3 anyways so I do not need the CD anymore.

[quote name='the_grimace']whaaa? No case for the game? Just paper sleeves and a outer paper display box? That sounds really cheap.

there was really no ps3 case?[/QUOTE]

No the game has a case, the CD came in the paper sleeve. :roll:
DSC01078.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Animekatt']No the game has a case, the CD came in the paper sleeve. :roll:[/QUOTE]

oh. that's not as bad, but its still pretty saddening.

Also, to those who ordered from Amazon. I contacted them and they confirmed they are shipping preorders TODAY. She said they only ordered enough for preorders, and it shows 4-5 weeks since that is the estimate on how long it will take to get more in. Now hopefully it comes with the cd!

[quote name='the_grimace']oh. that's not as bad, but its still pretty saddening.

Also, to those who ordered from Amazon. I contacted them and they confirmed they are shipping preorders TODAY. She said they only ordered enough for preorders, and it shows 4-5 weeks since that is the estimate on how long it will take to get more in. Now hopefully it comes with the cd![/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. I'll be sure to post my results as soon as I get mine in.

[quote name='Animekatt']Wow I'm surprised Amazon only had enough for preorders. They sound like GameStop with that lol.[/QUOTE]
They didn't have enough for preorders, I preordered it and it still has not shipped, expected arrival was tomorrow :(

[quote name='mitnosi']They didn't have enough for preorders, I preordered it and it still has not shipped, expected arrival was tomorrow :([/QUOTE]

They should have enough. Mine has not shipped yet with estimated arrival as friday, but amazon confirmed my preorder as well as all preorders were being shipped today. We will see what happens. Amazon usually has been good on their word.

At least Amazon gave those of you who pre-ordered a confirmation on whether or not its shipping at all.

Those of us who roll with Newegg because of WA tax on amazon lucked out as there is still no confirmation even when calling.

[quote name='mitnosi']Ok, now on Amazon is says shipping soon. Was getting worried :([/QUOTE]
yeah mine has switched to shipping soon too :D

[quote name='salty tbone']If a package is never meant to be opened, is a missing CD really missing?[/QUOTE]

This reminds me of something about a tree in some woods.

Concerning those of you who ordered AR Tonelico Qoga from NEWEGG

"Due to demands for the product in question and the availability of stock sent to us, we apologize for any conveniences as we ship out the "pre-orders" one batch at a time, if your status is still showing "on-hold". It will be shipped out when out next shipments come in 4-6 weeks. Thank you for shopping with us at Newegg."

Thanks for the Email NEWEGG, my reply shall be "CANCELED"

come on now...it's a pre-ordered item, so tell me how you could tell (those of us who actually pre-ordered a month before release day) that you only have enough for the first "batch" of customers preorders.

Seriously? this is why i should move out of WA to avoid tax on Amazon.

So now here i go into my local GS, or as i fervently call them "Great Smiles", to hopefully find a copy.

[quote name='popaloo']Concerning those of you who ordered AR Tonelico Qoga from NEWEGG

"Due to demands for the product in question and the availability of stock sent to us, we apologize for any conveniences as we ship out the "pre-orders" one batch at a time, if your status is still showing "on-hold". It will be shipped out when out next shipments come in 4-6 weeks. Thank you for shopping with us at Newegg."

come on now...it's a pre-ordered item, so tell me how you could tell (those of us who actually pre-ordered a month before release day) that you only have enough for the first "batch" of customers preorders.

So now here i go into my local GS, or as i fervently call them "Great Smiles", to hopefully find a copy.[/QUOTE]

Though crap happens, that's a horrible horrible response from newegg. I'd expect better of them. Just wanted to wish you luck in getting a copy somewhere else!

[quote name='kosmos13x']Though crap happens, that's a horrible horrible response from newegg. I'd expect better of them. Just wanted to wish you luck in getting a copy somewhere else![/QUOTE]

Thanks Kos, though not as livid as my post suggest, I'm still puzzled over how they couldn't have just ordered enough from the manufacturer to fill their "pre-order" status.

Now I'm second guessing Newegg's Benefit of doubt, and whether or not i should just order Record of Agarest War Zero LE elsewhere.
Edit* Somehow i can imagine newegg telling me on release day "sorry it'll come in 4-6 weeks, there's about 150 people who pre-ordered in 1997 for Record of Agarest War Zero. Sorry they beat you to it."

[quote name='popaloo']Concerning those of you who ordered AR Tonelico Qoga from NEWEGG

So now here i go into my local GS, or as i fervently call them "Great Smiles", to hopefully find a copy.[/QUOTE]

I think that so long as you make a trip this week, you should have no problem getting the game. When I went to Gamestop yesterday to pick it up, the clerk didn't even know what the game was or if they had even received the game since they hadn't been through the day's shipment. I also asked him if anyone had preordered and no one had.

I'm thinking the majority of people purchased online instead.

EDIT: My Gamestop received 6 copies, so that gives you an idea of stock. I can't really say if bigger stores will get more copies or not, but my local store is fairly large.

Great! was just about to be on my way to get one. thanks mill

I could see how NA retail employees wouldn't give this game a second glance.

Granted you ask about C.O.D and when that's released and everyone and their mother would be able to tell you.

I live in Washington State too. And I ALSO had that happen to me on NewEgg.com on a Atlus Game. (Forgot which one.)

For future NISA Games, I recommend you shop at the NISA Store.

http://store.nisamerica.com/

They now offer Free Shipping and you get charged NO Tax. For other games other then NISA, Buy.com works much better then NewEgg.com on pre-orders and you usually don't get charged Tax and free shipping but their deals sometimes aren't better then Amazon.com at times when talking about Gift Certificate Rewards. (Though to be honest, you rarely see these kinds of offers anywhere with niche games like Ar Tonelico anyways.)

But if the game is out for a bit and its in stock, NewEgg.com totally!

Hope that helps ya out!

bread's done
Back