Arkham City Preorder PS3/XBOX360 + $10 eGift card and Arkham Asylum GOTY at Walmart

audilover

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Right now if you preorder Batman Arkham City on PS3 or XBOX 360 at walmart.com as a bonus you get a $10 e-gift card and Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY Edition for $59.96 + tax and shipping. Great deal especially if you don't already have Arkham Asylum!

PS3 http://www.walmart.com/ip/Batman-...3/16553238

360 http://www.walmart.com/ip/Batman-...0/16553239

Credit:kroutonkruncher [sd]

Seems like a good deal if you haven't the first like me. I think this is the best deal yet if you haven't played the first. I am probably just going to sell the Special Edition I got from amazon for 60.

[quote name='Ninersfan4926']No, it looks to be an arkham asylum disc inside the arkham city case. I don't think there is a downloadable goty edition. Look at the cover, it looks like it's an exclusive edition that includes Arkham Asylum in disc form.

That's unfortunate, I was hoping for a separate case, now I have to hope Amazon goes up to $25 or at least $20 for their credit.[/QUOTE]
No, that's a sticker on the wrapper, it's a normal case.

Download. Code.

[quote name='jinxpalm']Now only question is will the case have that blue strip saying its from Walmart? $40 in credit wouldn't make me bite if so lol[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Necrozilla']No, that's a sticker on the wrapper, it's a normal case.

Download. Code.[/QUOTE]

I know it's a sticker. If you read the sticker, it's saying it includes a full copy of Batman Arkham Asylum goty, not a voucher code. Not only that, you think the 3D version of Arkham Asylum is available for download on 360 and ps3? They don't have the goty version available for download.

I guarantee you it's not a voucher.

Look at what it says:

"Bonus Game: Includes a full copy of Batman: Arkham Asylum -- Game of the Year Edition" Key words: full copy, game of the year edition. I have no idea how you're getting voucher code from that. It's more likely to be in a separate case than as a voucher code, but I think it's a disc that comes inside the Arkham City package.

It also says further down that it includes Batman AA Goty edition, again, no mention of a voucher code. I will be incredibly surprised if it ends up being a voucher.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Ninersfan4926']I know it's a sticker. If you read the sticker, it's saying it includes a full copy of Batman Arkham Asylum goty, not a voucher code. Not only that, you think the 3D version of Arkham Asylum is available for download on 360 and ps3? They don't have the goty version available for download.

I guarantee you it's not a voucher.

Look at what it says:

"Bonus Game: Includes a full copy of Batman: Arkham Asylum -- Game of the Year Edition" Key words: full copy, game of the year edition. I have no idea how you're getting voucher code from that. It's more likely to be in a separate case than as a voucher code, but I think it's a disc that comes inside the Arkham City package.

It also says further down that it includes Batman AA Goty edition, again, no mention of a voucher code. I will be incredibly surprised if it ends up being a voucher.[/QUOTE]

it looks like one of those 2 packs that is wrap in a ribbon. If it says full copy then its the disc.

[quote name='possum1284']I see the offer does not apply to the collectors edition though[/QUOTE]

Why do people who want to give developers more money always get screwed? Between this and no getting amazon credit, they're making me want to just wait and buy the CE later when it's on clearance.

I wish somebody would offer a better credit for this game. With so many games this season, it's getting insanely expensive to try to get everything. Heck, I'd rather get a $20 WM GC than AA GotY, seeing as how I don't really care for the GotY stuff.

I might just get it from WM anyway. Amazon's FSSS is really bad now- most of my stuff do not ship for 4-5 business days (before, they'd almost always ship in 2 days and only occasionally take more than that).

[quote name='Necrozilla']No, that's a sticker on the wrapper, it's a normal case.

Download. Code.[/QUOTE]

The ONLY products that have shipped full game DLC codes as a part of the package are new consoles with huge empty hard drives (such as alan wake on last year's 360 bundle and that 5 game bundle up in Canada at the moment). Sure, some games have shipped supplemental DLC codes for content that might be 300MB or so, but not full games that require 5+GB of space, of which more than a few 360s models don't have the capacity to handle...Even the 20gb pros only have about 8-9 GBs of useable space. Walmart doesn't want to deal with pissed off customers on something they are doing as a promotion, so it will be on disk.

That looks to be a paper banner wrapping the case, which could be holding the two game cases together...although I think it is much more likely that they will just stick a 2nd disk holder inside the case (both to avoid the cost of 2nd case, keep shipping weights lower and to be able to fit more on a shelf in the store).

[quote name='morrodox']Hmm... Should I get this, or hold out for the Wii U version next year?[/QUOTE]

probably not worth waiting for the Wii U version of it for most people. Not to mention, you have to buy a whole new console just to play this game. If you have a backlog of other games you'd prefer playing first, then maybe it would be worth it for you to wait it out until then. But if money isn't an issue and you can wait, it really just comes down to your preference. Hard to know what (if anything) they add to make the Wii U version better/preferred over 360/PS3 versions.

These types of deals seem odd. I mean, who would pay full price, or close to full for AC if they didn't already play AA? Why wouldn't such a person have bought AA when it full price, or the many months after that it was cheaper? I'm sure there are certainly some that this deal is perfect for but for most buying, I imagine they'd have a copy of AA they didn't want/need

[quote name='ssjmichael']These types of deals seem odd. I mean, who would pay full price, or close to full for AC if they didn't already play AA? Why wouldn't such a person have bought AA when it full price, or the many months after that it was cheaper? I'm sure there are certainly some that this deal is perfect for but for most buying, I imagine they'd have a copy of AA they didn't want/need[/QUOTE]

AA never dropped cheap enough for me to get it, especially when unemployed. I have a sweet new job so I am totally all over this.

[quote name='AlohaMars2']AA never dropped cheap enough for me to get it, especially when unemployed. I have a sweet new job so I am totally all over this.[/QUOTE]

i got AA for 14.99 from amazon last december. that was cheap enough for me.

[quote name='DrGonzo615']anyone know how prompt wal mart is with their shipping? Do they offer release date delivery like Amazon?[/QUOTE]

I have used Walmart a few times and there shipping has treated me fine thus far. Hell the 97cent shipping option let me get my Mortal kombat the day after released (after having it preordered).

I would say if anything for me they seem to be quicker than amazon in most cases.

w/the GoW3 preorder, the email I got said it would arrive by the 26th. Not bad considering the weekend is want prolongs the delivery.

[quote name='KtMack23']Why do people who want to give developers more money always get screwed? Between this and no getting amazon credit, they're making me want to just wait and buy the CE later when it's on clearance.[/QUOTE]

Here's the ticket....joining this thought train

Sweet, had to jump on this amazing deal. Total for me was only $62.07 and delivery date is 10/18, which is the same day as release, hope it makes it!

[quote name='Sway']You'll get charged for the $10 gift card now. As for the game, when it ships.[/QUOTE]

This information is false. I was charged $10 for the $10 gift card when I first placed my order several weeks ago and the remaining balance was actually charged today even though this doesn't ship until next month.

It seems pretty random when they will charge you, it is definitely NOT when the game ships.

informer

[quote name='informer']This information is false. I was charged $10 for the $10 gift card when I first placed my order several weeks ago and the remaining balance was actually charged today even though this doesn't ship until next month.

It seems pretty random when they will charge you, it is definitely NOT when the game ships.

informer[/QUOTE]

I was charged today for the remaining $55 as well - so I don't know how random it is - but yeah, that guy was way off. I tried to communicate that a couple pages ago. Hopefully a few people took notice and prepared accordingly.

[quote name='informer']This information is false. I was charged $10 for the $10 gift card when I first placed my order several weeks ago and the remaining balance was actually charged today even though this doesn't ship until next month.

informer[/QUOTE]

When You Will Be Charged

Payment by credit, ATM, debit or check card:
The payment amount is authorized and held by your financial institution at the time you place your order. Your account is actually charged when your order ships.

Please note: Authorized and held amounts will not be available for other purchases. If an order is canceled, the authorization hold will expire in accordance with the terms of your bank or financial institution.
http://www.walmart.com/cp/Payment-Options/542185

I noticed the authorization hold as well on my credit card. informer, Broseph, did you actually get charged or was it just the hold as well?

Initially I was charged the entire $65. After about 72 hours or so that was reduced to $10.

Today the $55 showed up as a pending transaction/hold.

Not sure what this means but thankfully I have enough to cover it. Barely.

To further muddy things, I did use the $10 gift card a day or so ago and that item shipped today. Could be related to that I guess.

I'll probably call them tomorrow and try to make sense of it.

[quote name='Sway']http://www.walmart.com/cp/Payment-Options/542185

I noticed the authorization hold as well on my credit card. informer, Broseph, did you actually get charged or was it just the hold as well?[/QUOTE]

I only knew something happened because my credit card company called me about potential fraud and wanted me to confirm. This was strange since I ordered it a while ago so today's incident seemed random to me. It was too early to tell if it was a hold versus an actual charge (not even sure how holds are listed on online statements) but pretty happy with the credit card notification nonetheless. :applause:

informer

The walmart website lists it as AA:GOTY, if you felt like playing through the game again and you like achievements...the GOTY has a separate list than from the regular edition of AA. So 4000 points PC: Batman AA & GOTY, 360: Batman AA & GOTY

I hope Walmart has both games inside the same case cause then i can sell the original game back. The point of it was to resale and get some more money back which is what i like about blu-rays that come with a DVD, i usually get another 10 dollars back....if im lucky.

Am I the only one not able to order? Both versions dont allow me to add it to my cart, but the collectors edition allows me to.

[quote name='tankass']Am I the only one not able to order? Both versions dont allow me to add it to my cart, but the collectors edition allows me to.[/QUOTE]

I ordered the standard 360 version about 30 min ago without a problem, already got the confirmation email and the gift card code. Contact their customer support or try in a different browser.

[quote name='defpally']I ordered the standard 360 version about 30 min ago without a problem, already got the confirmation email and the gift card code. Contact their customer support or try in a different browser.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Stupid IE.

For what it's worth, the hold on my credit card has disappeared.

I also noticed that they're offering $0.97 shipping on the item now. Either I didn't notice this before or it wasn't offered when I pre-ordered on 8/25. The weird thing is that once I enter the checkout phase it's giving me free shipping and scheduled to arrive on or just after 10/18, where my pre-order was $1.97 shipping scheduled to arrive between 10/25 and 10/27. So of course I want the better shipping option (that is free and faster) but I can't modify the order. So I'm currently in the process of getting it canceled, but that's easier said than done. Already shot an email and got a response of "doing their best to honor my cancel request." Just shot another email hoping to get it canceled.

I can't find a thread on CAG talking about the different preorder costumes? I know the UK has several different ones available. Does anyone have those details for the US?

I'd rather get it on Amazon due to credit I have, but it looks like I'm going to be drawn to Walmart. How's their release day delivery? You can't choose a type of shipping - how reliable are they on pre-orders? I'm tempted to stick with Amazon anyway just because I can add the extra $1.00 and guarantee release day shipment.

Also, this is still the best running deal on Arkham City right? I was hoping something better would show up nearest to the release date (like $20 credit) but it looks unlikely at this point.

[quote name='FerDK']Can anyone confirm if Batman Arkham Asylum is a physical copy?
I hate DLC vouchers or codes :D
Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I just checked the PSN, and neither version of Arkham Asylum is on it. So unless it's uploaded between now and release date, it has to be a physical copy.

Do they send you the games together or will they send the Arkham Asylum now and then Arkham City when it comes out? Also, do you have to pay the $60 all right now or do they charge when it ships?

I may have to jump on this, awesome deal. And Walmart shipping was fairly quick when I did the 2 for $30 deal a few weeks back.

cancelled my amazon preorder and bit on this one. with free day and date shipping (fingers crossed) it came down to a copy of AA for tax. plus another CAG tipped me on converting egift cards to in store gift cards which pays for my 12 pack :) thanks OP!

[quote name='dc_fortythree']cancelled my amazon preorder and bit on this one. with free day and date shipping (fingers crossed) it came down to a copy of AA for tax. plus another CAG tipped me on converting egift cards to in store gift cards which pays for my 12 pack :) thanks OP![/QUOTE]

You have a link to a thread, possibly. If not I can go see if Google is awake.

[quote name='Techno Jellyfish']Do they send you the games together or will they send the Arkham Asylum now and then Arkham City when it comes out? Also, do you have to pay the $60 all right now or do they charge when it ships?[/QUOTE]

You'll get the games together. They charge you $10 now for the e-gift card, the rest will be charged when the games ship.

Probably gonna try this. Don't suppose they offer ship-to-store, huh?

Edit: Nevermind. Answered my own question. Not an option, unfortunately. They seem pretty confident in their ability to ship on day one either way. I'm sure I could survive if I didn't get it on launch though.

[quote name='edison']You'll get the games together. They charge you $10 now for the e-gift card, the rest will be charged when the games ship.[/QUOTE]

Look one page back. This wasn't the case for myself and at least one other person.

[quote name='Broseph']Look one page back. This wasn't the case for myself and at least one other person.[/QUOTE]

I take that you were actually charged and it wasn't a hold authorization? If you did indeed get charged, you should contact their costumer service because you should not be charged until the game ships. While we did not hear back from informer if what he experienced was a hold or charge, I only saw a hold that disappeared three days later.

[quote name='Xellos2099']I dunno if this is a better deal then when I order the AC CE for 360 for 60 dollar a few month back at amazon.[/QUOTE]

Well, if you want the CE, then I'd say no. I just recently talked myself out of it and I'm way more stoked for this deal. Should hopefully make November a little easier for me.

[quote name='IanKazimer']Well, if you want the CE, then I'd say no. I just recently talked myself out of it and I'm way more stoked for this deal. Should hopefully make November a little easier for me.[/QUOTE]

http://community.batmanarkhamcity.c...ginal//201-300/BACCE_PS3_Render_F3_SM-227.jpg

Looking at that CE I get kinda jealous for those that got it for $60. You could probably recoup some of the cost if the DLC and soundtrack isn't your thing. I wish the artbook was bigger though. In the end, I believe if you want a copy of Arkham Asylum then this is a better deal. The more difficult choice is whether to play AC or AA first when you finally get it. If you're content with not (re)playing AA before AC, hold on to that $60 CE.

bread's done
Back