Arkham City Preorder PS3/XBOX360 + $10 eGift card and Arkham Asylum GOTY at Walmart

audilover

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Right now if you preorder Batman Arkham City on PS3 or XBOX 360 at walmart.com as a bonus you get a $10 e-gift card and Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY Edition for $59.96 + tax and shipping. Great deal especially if you don't already have Arkham Asylum!

PS3 http://www.walmart.com/ip/Batman-...3/16553238

360 http://www.walmart.com/ip/Batman-...0/16553239

Credit:kroutonkruncher [sd]

Seems like a good deal if you haven't the first like me. I think this is the best deal yet if you haven't played the first. I am probably just going to sell the Special Edition I got from amazon for 60.

When you click on the option that shows the AA bundle picture, it just talks about the features of AC. Nowhere on the page does it say AA GOTY is included anymore for PS3.

[quote name='breakingcustoms']im so confused, though...it says nothing about GOTY on my order anymore

its like my order from a few days ago was altered to remove the original[/QUOTE]
I also checked the confirmation email they sent and it says only "Batman: Arkham City w/ Bonus* (PS3)" So I don't think we should be too worried.
I don't ever remember anywhere other than the webpage saying it came with AA... I'm going to take a screen shot of the image with the "exclusive to Walmart" AA GOTY cover in case something goes wrong.

[quote name='spacebooger']I also checked the confirmation email they sent and it says only "Batman: Arkham City w/ Bonus* (PS3)" So I don't think we should be too worried.
I don't ever remember anywhere other than the webpage saying it came with AA... I'm going to take a screen shot of the image with the "exclusive to Walmart" AA GOTY cover in case something goes wrong.[/QUOTE]

It used to say it in the title of the game itself. It still says it in the title for the 360 version.

The 360 version is listed with both $10 gift card and AA GOTY. But it looks like they have two listings for the PS3: one comes with a $10 gift card and the other comes with AA GOTY.

I hope this is just a system bug. If not, that's complete bs.

Had to bite on this deal. With a $10 egc and AA, I also had a $20 giftcard so I ended up getting them both for around $30 and I'll sell AA GotY and the GC to a relative who always shops there. Good stuff.

From what I understand, if the deal was actually changed and now AA is out for PS3, we're screwed on the $10 egift card and wont get a refund for that. Is that true?

[quote name='DOMINATOR912']From what I understand, if the deal was actually changed and now AA is out for PS3, we're screwed on the $10 egift card and wont get a refund for that. Is that true?[/QUOTE]
If that is true I will pitch a fit.
I don't usually complain about price misprints, but for a deal that was revoked I, we, should be fully refunded.
I send an email asking Walmart to clarify the question and I have a screen shot of the box art with the AA label on it too. I guess now we just wait and see.

[quote name='spacebooger']If that is true I will pitch a fit.
I don't usually complain about price misprints, but for a deal that was revoked I, we, should be fully refunded.
I send an email asking Walmart to clarify the question and I have a screen shot of the box art with the AA label on it too. I guess now we just wait and see.[/QUOTE]

Not sure if it's true, was just something I heard. I already received the code for the $10 credit, and I doubt they can remove that from the account. I haven't been charged for it yet, but I heard that Walmart sends/charges you for the $10 as soon as your order, then charges the remaining amount once the game ships.

Where are you guys getting your information?

The image of the game with the "includes AA" is still there.. and it says "...with bonus"

If that "Bonus" isn't referring to AA then what exactly do you think it is referring to?

I don't think this is anything to lose sleep over; i'm sure they'll still include the copy of AA. Walmart has done this with every game I've ordered. The description of the DLC has always been left out.

In fact they did the same thing with Gears 3. They had two editions available for preorder; one that include the savage grenadier DLC and one that didn't.

I don't know if they are trying to trick the consumer but just make sure you preorder the one that includes the bonus and you should be all set

[quote name='GBAstar']Where are you guys getting your information?

The image of the game with the "includes AA" is still there.. and it says "...with bonus"

If that "Bonus" isn't referring to AA then what exactly do you think it is referring to?

I don't think this is anything to lose sleep over; i'm sure they'll still include the copy of AA. Walmart has done this with every game I've ordered. The description of the DLC has always been left out.

In fact they did the same thing with Gears 3. They had two editions available for preorder; one that include the savage grenadier DLC and one that didn't.

I don't know if they are trying to trick the consumer but just make sure you preorder the one that includes the bonus and you should be all set[/QUOTE]

the bonus would be the $10 gift card if it didnt include AA

[quote name='GBAstar']Where are you guys getting your information?

I don't know if they are trying to trick the consumer but just make sure you preorder the one that includes the bonus and you should be all set[/QUOTE]

As I posted on the last page:

The 360 version is listed with both $10 gift card and AA GOTY. But it looks like they have two listings for the PS3: one comes with a $10 gift card and the other comes with AA GOTY.

[quote name='Templar Sage']As I posted on the last page:

The 360 version is listed with both $10 gift card and AA GOTY. But it looks like they have two listings for the PS3: one comes with a $10 gift card and the other comes with AA GOTY.[/QUOTE]

thats stupid, when i chose my preorder, it was listed as the 360 version was...so, they basically changed my order and removed AA without telling me?

no the $10 is NOT the bonus.

Try adding it for the preorder 3 get $50 gift card promo... it still lists a bonus outside the gift card

I'm in the process of preordering it. I definitely chose the option that includes AA. The only thing that makes me nervous is that when it shows the two options, one of them has an AA sticker on it, but when it shows up in my cart it looks like the normal game. I doubt it means anything though.

Only reason I'm getting this is for the bonuses. I assume I have the option to return it if it doesn't include the described bonuses.

[quote name='Servbot24']I'm in the process of preordering it. I definitely chose the option that includes AA. The only thing that makes me nervous is that when it shows the two options, one of them has an AA sticker on it, but when it shows up in my cart it looks like the normal game. I doubt it means anything though.

Only reason I'm getting this is for the bonuses. I assume I have the option to return it if it doesn't include the described bonuses.[/QUOTE]

I sent Walmart customer service an email earlier about the bonuses issue for the PS3 and 360. Hopefully I'll hear back sometime tomorrow, and I will post what I hear as soon as I do.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, appreciate it ;)

On an unrelated note, this is the first item I've shipped to my new house and it should get there the same day that I do! :mrgreen:

Assuming Wal-Mart is good with release date delivery that is. Anybody know?

[quote name='Servbot24']Thanks, appreciate it ;)

On an unrelated note, this is the first item I've shipped to my new house and it should get there the same day that I do! :mrgreen:

Assuming Wal-Mart is good with release date delivery that is. Anybody know?[/QUOTE]

I've been really impressed with Walmart...

I ordered two copies of Gears 3 and my expected delivery date was on the release day and I assumed it was a typo and that they would SHIP on release day but sure enough they arrived via FedEx on that tuesday.

Then this week I ordered Forza 4 late (Saturday) and forget that Monday was a holiday. My expected delivery date wasn't until next thursday but the tracking shows that it is already in my town and will be delivered today.

Pretty Cool

Ok, got my email response from Walmart.

Thank you for contacting Walmart.com regarding the bonus game in connection with your preordered video game.

We have researched your inquiry concerning the bonus game that was offered with your preorder for Batman: Arkham City w/ Bonus* (PS3). The item description no longer specifies the bonus, but the image of the game on the item page clearly shows that this game will include the bonus game ? Batman Arkham Asylum Game of the Year Edition.

We sincerely apologize about any inconvenience you may have experienced in regard to this matter.

If we have not fully answered your question or you have additional questions, please reply to this email.

Sincerely,
Walmart.com Customer Care

[quote name='DOMINATOR912']If we have not fully answered your question or you have additional questions, please reply to this email.[/QUOTE]

Ummm, no. You just stated what we already could see looking at the item page ourselves.

I ordered the 360 version 1-2 months ago so I believe I'm safe, but I did print out the pictures just in case. This sucks for the people wanting the PS3 version.

[quote name='DOMINATOR912']Ok, got my email response from Walmart.[/QUOTE]

their customer service is rather dumb...

I went ahead and requested they cancel my order, I'll just wait for the PC version

I'm glad the 360 version is still showing up. But meh, either way I got it for $20 off and a $10 gc coming in the mail so I can't complain either way on that.

Yea, shot them back an email where I basically want it in writing that they guarantee me my AA GOTY. Also want an explanation as to why the 360 versions description is still there and it's not there for the PS3.

How do u get release day delivery from walmart, im not seeing the option at all...there fastest shipping will only get it here by the 21st.

Hello, I'm currently a Walmart associate that works overnight electronics and I am actually a gamer too! Here's the inside scoop. I can't help you with the online orders but I can let you know whats going on IN-stores. As this game is released on the morning of the 18th of October most Walmarts will be having a midnight launch involving the gaming vendor and the store's manager and/or overnight associate. Please check with you local Walmart Electronics Department Manager or store Manager before attending to get these great deals! At Midnight, there is suppose to be a in game 'tournament'. As a gamer, I don't know how they are going to pull this off being a single player game, but I'm thinking they might do a time trial situation, where the winner will receive the game for free. There will also be T-shirts and posters to be given out during the release. As for AA coming free and if it was a download code or a disk, I can confirm that it is a disk and its comes packaged with and in its own case. Please remember to check with your local store to see if your walmart is doing this tournament, for it is last minute, and the original plan was to just have the game playing in a demo mode during the release.

Hi Evt, Thank you for contacting Walmart.com regarding the $10 card and the Arkham Asylum GOTY edition that you purchased. We attempted to contact you at XXX-XXX-XXXX on 10/12/2011 at 4:01 PM CST regarding your purchase. We were calling to advise you that you did purchase the $10 card and the Arkham Asylum GOTY edition. The special was only offered for a limited time. As long as you placed the order when the offer was available that is what you will receive. Your order details shows the items that you are expecting. The $10 card is an electronic gift card that was email to the email address on your account on 10/11/2011. It can only be used for online purchases. Please check your Spam folder if it is not in your inbox. Sincerely, Walmart.com Customer Care
My Comment : I purchased this item in hopes of getting both the $10 card AND the Arkham Asylum GOTY edition when I ordered, since the add no longer remains on the site for the PS3 edition like the Xbox360 does, Will I be losing out on the items I was (as it appears) mislead into buying? Items :Batman: Arkham City w/ Bonus* $10 eGift Card (PS3);
So, in conclusion it seems that it's nothing to cancel orders over...

Last edited by a moderator:
I contacted customer service as well. As long as you preordered the ps3 version before they changed the deal you get arkham asylum goty. No need to cancel those preorders

[quote name='Baccano']I contacted customer service as well. As long as you preordered the ps3 version before they changed the deal you get arkham asylum goty. No need to cancel those preorders[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't be antsy if my order showed that I was getting AA GOTY, but the fact that it was changed is what sorta has me worried.

anyone have a screen grab of the PS3 version that showed AAGOTY as part of the deal? I ordered when it showed that but didn't take a screen shot and hoping it comes. Ordered it for my bro in law actually so its shipping to him. TIA

[quote name='makoissac']As for AA coming free and if it was a download code or a disk, I can confirm that it is a disk and its comes packaged with and in its own case. Please remember to check with your local store to see if your walmart is doing this tournament, for it is last minute, and the original plan was to just have the game playing in a demo mode during the release.[/QUOTE]

so wait we can get the deal in store as well?

canceled my order so stuck with the $10 gift card

Cant not go with the kmart deal on this. Btw does red label version have same upc as normal goty? My kmart has AA batman goty with lenticular cover and was thinking of buying using credit at another store and returning gh version with receipt.

[quote name='makoissac']... As for AA coming free and if it was a download code or a disk, I can confirm that it is a disk and its comes packaged with and in its own case... [/QUOTE]

So Walmart is planning on offering the two for one bundle in stores too?

[quote name='Templar Sage']So Walmart is planning on offering the two for one bundle in stores too?[/QUOTE]

Sure makes it sound that way.

I thought it was odd that in my email response they told me I ordered Arkham City PS3 and will get Arkham Asylum Xbox360:
XXX, we are writing to let you know that we received your request for information on the Batman: Arkham City w/ Bonus* (PS3). Below you will find the...detailed item description...

Item Description:Batman: Arkham City w/ Bonus* $10 eGift Card (PS3) Batman: Arkham City (Xbox 360)
Batman: Arkham Asylum Game Of The Year Edition
Bonus* $10 eGift Card

Well it's gonna be interesting next week when orders start arriving. Guess all we can do is hope they don't fuck anything up. Last time I preorder anything from Walmart, though.

My friend's pre-order got cancelled for no reason but he still got the $10GC, anyone have this problem? He just reordered it except he's also confused the same with you guys about the wording vs the XBOX360.

Wow.... Stores are really trying to get your pre order for this. First the Kmart deal and now this. Amazon will need to step their game up.

I'm a dept. manager for walmart electronics. I can confirm my store has the game currently. All of our initial order include the AA:goty in a separate case shrink-wrapped along with Arkham City. Stores can differ, but you couldn't buy AC without AA stuck to it even if you wanted too from my store.

[quote name='Raze4tw']I'm a dept. manager for walmart electronics. I can confirm my store has the game currently. All of our initial order include the AA:goty in a separate case shrink-wrapped along with Arkham City. Stores can differ, but you couldn't buy AC without AA stuck to it even if you wanted too from my store.[/QUOTE]

Thanks alot. Just what I wanted to hear.

[quote name='Healingduck']Wow.... Stores are really trying to get your pre order for this. First the Kmart deal and now this. Amazon will need to step their game up.[/QUOTE]
Too bad Amazon wouldn't match WalMart and include a copy of B: AA GOTY free with purchase of B: AC. Then I'd gladly bite, since I have a TON of Amazon credit and spending credit is preferable to spending cash for me.:razz:

[quote name='Raze4tw']I'm a dept. manager for walmart electronics. I can confirm my store has the game currently. All of our initial order include the AA:goty in a separate case shrink-wrapped along with Arkham City. Stores can differ, but you couldn't buy AC without AA stuck to it even if you wanted too from my store.[/QUOTE]

If this is true then I might be at my walmart early tuesday. Kmart deal is stellar but I never played arkham asylum other than the demo and this would be great to buy together.

Thank you that made me feel better. This is my first online purchase with Walmart so I didn't know what to expect.

I got my second email back from Walmart, and.....yea.

Thank you for contacting Walmart.com regarding your video game.

We are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused. Let us assist you with this matter.

We are writing to let you know that we received your request for information on the "Batman: Arkham City w/ Bonus* (PS3)". Rest assured that the once you order the item you receive the promotion for sure and as we checked this include a egift card. We are sorry for aninconvenience keep in mind that we strive to deliver the best experience possible and appreciate your understanding that certain conditions sometimes prevent that from happening.

If we have not fully answered your question or you have additional questions, please reply to this email or call us at 1-800-966-6546. We're available to assist you from 8:00 AM to 10:00 PM CDT, Monday through Friday and 9:00 AM to 10:00 PM CDT, Saturday and Sunday.

Sincerely,
Walmart.com Customer Care

At this point I'll just see what happens on Tuesday. If I get AA, great. If not, I'll just return everything.

[quote name='DOMINATOR912']I got my second email back from Walmart, and.....yea.

At this point I'll just see what happens on Tuesday. If I get AA, great. If not, I'll just return everything.[/QUOTE]

Local one is having a midnight release. Gonna swing in after work and if they have them bundled I will buy there and then return my online order (360 that thankfully still has both listed as of right now) when it comes in almost a week later.

From your emails it looks like Walmart reps are about as dumb as a box of rocks.

bread's done
Back