Arkham City Preorder PS3/XBOX360 + $10 eGift card and Arkham Asylum GOTY at Walmart

audilover

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Right now if you preorder Batman Arkham City on PS3 or XBOX 360 at walmart.com as a bonus you get a $10 e-gift card and Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY Edition for $59.96 + tax and shipping. Great deal especially if you don't already have Arkham Asylum!

PS3 http://www.walmart.com/ip/Batman-...3/16553238

360 http://www.walmart.com/ip/Batman-...0/16553239

Credit:kroutonkruncher [sd]

Seems like a good deal if you haven't the first like me. I think this is the best deal yet if you haven't played the first. I am probably just going to sell the Special Edition I got from amazon for 60.

To let you guys/gals know, i was at walmart to pick up a game and they had a advertisement display on the cases for Arkham City that comes bundle with Asylum and the game will be bundled with a Physical Disc and seperate case. It doesnt show it exactually on what it will say but i assume its no different then the regular AA GOTY copy. The image on walmart.com isnt very clear so its hard to see it but to clarify, it will be its own game and not a download.

[quote name='nintendolink007']To let you guys/gals know, i was at walmart to pick up a game and they had a advertisement display on the cases for Arkham City that comes bundle with Asylum and the game will be bundled with a Physical Disc and seperate case. It doesnt show it exactually on what it will say but i assume its no different then the regular AA GOTY copy. The image on walmart.com isnt very clear so its hard to see it but to clarify, it will be its own game and not a download.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up on this. I shot them a message on Walmart.com earlier just to be sure, but this sounds pretty solid. Appreciate it.

[quote name='nintendolink007']To let you guys/gals know, i was at walmart to pick up a game and they had a advertisement display on the cases for Arkham City that comes bundle with Asylum and the game will be bundled with a Physical Disc and seperate case. It doesnt show it exactually on what it will say but i assume its no different then the regular AA GOTY copy. The image on walmart.com isnt very clear so its hard to see it but to clarify, it will be its own game and not a download.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. This is a great deal for Bats AC!!!

For anyone worried about Walmart's release date delivery, I've made about a dozen orders on Walmart.com and only one game showed up a day later than release. Everything else showed up on time. Its something along the lines of if you order at least three days before release you'll get release date delivery, but I can't be certain.

I'm fed up of the pre-order bonus offers already.

Nearly every store in the UK is offering something exclusive.

I'm torn between the Robin pre-order offers and Joker's Challenge Map.

Wow good deal. Thanks for posting. Never played either game but I heard good thing about it and I know a little about Batman from comics as a kid. I heard Azrael is in it which is cool, he was one of my favorite heroes/villans from the series.

My camera phone was dead or else i take a shot. I gotta stop by and pick up something tomorrow so i'll try to take a shot of it if i can.

Well heres something, and this is patheic on Walmart's part. Over at Walmart.ca (Walmart Canada website), they actually have an image of both games together if you type in Batman Arkham City.

So is it true that WalMart will charge till the game ships? and will only charge you $10 for the GC right away?

I ordered GoW3 from them and if I can remember they charged me for the game right away, It might be because I used Paypal.

[quote name='209chromatic']So is it true that WalMart will charge till the game ships? and will only charge you $10 for the GC right away?

I ordered GoW3 from them and if I can remember they charged me for the game right away, It might be because I used Paypal.[/QUOTE]

I ordered the game using Paypal and was charged the entire amount. Not a deal breaker for me since I enjoyed the first game.

you always get charged right away if you use paypal

pretty sure otherwise Wal-Mart doesn't charge until it ships

edit: just ordered it myself and can confirm my guess

• If you're paying by credit card or Bill Me Later®, your account will not be charged until your order ships. All other forms of payment are charged at the time the order is placed.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='breakingcustoms']i went ahead and ordered the PS3 version...the free shipping says ill receive it 10/18...we shall see[/QUOTE]

you wont get it on that day unless u have it shiped to a store for free. But for me, i'll be too busy with long week of work so i can wait a bit longer. Not only do i have another game im in the middle playing but with Batman: Year one release the same day, i got enough to keep me distracted till it arrives :)

Great deal. I have been looking into buying AA and waiting to buy AC, but this is too good of a deal to pass on.

[quote name='nintendolink007']you wont get it on that day unless u have it shiped to a store for free. But for me, i'll be too busy with long week of work so i can wait a bit longer. Not only do i have another game im in the middle playing but with Batman: Year one release the same day, i got enough to keep me distracted till it arrives :)[/QUOTE]

Um. I got Gears of War 3 on the day that they said it would ship (the release date). Heck it even had a sticker that said don't deliver until that day.

As someone already said, at most it's one extra day but more than likely not.

Probably a stupid question, while I was on walmart.com, wanting to preorder Batman Arkham City, they offer a deal where you reserve 3 games (Batman included) for $175.00 w/ $50 gift card, now it says that delivery won't be made until March 12, 2012, I'm wondering if anybody knows if this is correct or if they ship the games as they become avaiable upon launch?

If it really doesn't ship till then, I'll just preorder Batman by itself a bit later today.

Thank you for any guidance!!

[quote name='nintendolink007']you wont get it on that day unless u have it shiped to a store for free. But for me, i'll be too busy with long week of work so i can wait a bit longer. Not only do i have another game im in the middle playing but with Batman: Year one release the same day, i got enough to keep me distracted till it arrives :)[/QUOTE]

i can wait a few days anyways, ratchet and clank will be getting my full attention before batman, anyways

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']I hate best buy so much but i want the robin dlc!...[/QUOTE]

If you can wait and don't mind paying extra, the DLC skins are timed exclusives. I think that's partly why I'm going with Walmart on this game. I want to replay AA, I get a $10 gift card (which can go towards the DLC skins whenever they're for sale), and I can get the game with release date shipping.

I placed my preorder the other day. Not really a big deal that there's no other dlc. I wanted to pick up Arkham Asylum again and all the dlc will eventually get sold separately.

[quote name='DOMINATOR912']I placed the order maybe an hour ago and already got my $10 credit. Aren't I supposed to get it when the game ships?[/QUOTE]

Where you charged right away for the game? Or does Walmart charge when the game ships?

Walmart usually charges for and issues the gift card immediately, the game once it ships. Unless of course you use paypal then everything is charged immediately, and the card is issued immediately.

If you cancel, you will get a refund minus 10 bucks.

[quote name='capnrico']Walmart usually charges for and issues the gift card immediately, the game once it ships. Unless of course you use paypal then everything is charged immediately, and the card is issued immediately.

If you cancel, you will get a refund minus 10 bucks.[/QUOTE]

OK..i was curious because i also have this preordered at amazon but, this seems like the better deal getting AA and the $10 ecard for free. thanks for the info.

I know e gift card means online but is there a way to xfer this to in store? My local walmart has a copy of valkyria chronicles for ps3 I would to use the gift card on.

too bad they won't ship out the copy of Arkham Asylum early, I would like to finally beat the game and be ready to start Arkham City as soon as it's delivered

[quote name='capnrico']Walmart usually charges for and issues the gift card immediately, the game once it ships. Unless of course you use paypal then everything is charged immediately, and the card is issued immediately.

If you cancel, you will get a refund minus 10 bucks.[/QUOTE]

i guess that is smart on their end, cancel the preorder and they still got you for the 10 ecard that you have to use at walmart.com

[quote name='thebytewasbit']I know e gift card means online but is there a way to xfer this to in store? My local walmart has a copy of valkyria chronicles for ps3 I would to use the gift card on.[/QUOTE]

You can buy a physical gift card on walmart.com and have it mailed to you.

[quote name='mr mellow']OK..i was curious because i also have this preordered at amazon but, this seems like the better deal getting AA and the $10 ecard for free. thanks for the info.[/QUOTE]

I did the same thing :)

And I had a $20 e gift card on my account from the failed gears if war/headset deal so I kinda sorta came out ahead I guess :p

[quote name='capnrico']You can buy a physical gift card on walmart.com and have it mailed to you.[/QUOTE]

Awesome! Thanks for the heads up.

What about those of us who pre-ordered months ago (or whenever it was that this "deal" first came to light originally); what are our options are far as re-couping the shipping fees that Wal-Mart first assessed way back when? I personally think that's a bunch of crap--don't wanna be out the 10 bucks for the "eGift card" by having to cancel my pre-order, etc... :whistle2:/ ...
Thanks in advance.

[quote name='BadBoy787512']What about those of us who pre-ordered months ago (or whenever it was that this "deal" first came to light originally); what are our options are far as re-couping the shipping fees that Wal-Mart first assessed way back when? I personally think that's a bunch of crap--don't wanna be out the 10 bucks for the "eGift card" by having to cancel my pre-order, etc... :whistle2:/ ...
Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

I was recently in the same boat. If you still plan on ordering the game (or something else) from Walmart, just call/email them to cancel the order. Then order the game again using the $10 gift card. I did this using the $10 gift card from the previous with shipping costs Arkham City and a $20 gift card from the Gears 3 headset fiasco that was cancelled.

[quote name='Sway']I was recently in the same boat. If you still plan on ordering the game (or something else) from Walmart, just call/email them to cancel the order. Then order the game again using the $10 gift card. I did this using the $10 gift card from the previous with shipping costs Arkham City and a $20 gift card from the Gears 3 headset fiasco that was cancelled.[/QUOTE]

Cool, thanks Sway. I might give that a go.

[quote name='FerDK']Is this online only or will be available at B&M stores also?
Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I called my local store and they said it was online only (for this preorder deal).

So....does this deal apply to the PS3 version or just xbox?

Take a look at the two first page links. The xbox version is listed as "Batman: Arkham City w/ Preorder Bonus* Batman: Arkham Asylum & $10 eGift Card (Xbox 360)"

PS3: "Batman: Arkham City w/ Bonus* $10 eGift Card (PS3)"

However, there are pictures with the Arkham Asylum sticker on the PS3 version. But Arkham Asylum is not mentioned in the description of the PS3 version, while it is in the xbox version.

Website sloppiness or console-specific bonus?

[quote name='Correlli']So....does this deal apply to the PS3 version or just xbox?

Take a look at the two first page links. The xbox version is listed as "Batman: Arkham City w/ Preorder Bonus* Batman: Arkham Asylum & $10 eGift Card (Xbox 360)"

PS3: "Batman: Arkham City w/ Bonus* $10 eGift Card (PS3)"

However, there are pictures with the Arkham Asylum sticker on the PS3 version. But Arkham Asylum is not mentioned in the description of the PS3 version, while it is in the xbox version.

Website sloppiness or console-specific bonus?[/QUOTE]

Might have changed it, when I ordered a few days ago the description was identical to the 360 version. Might have run out of PS3 versions?

EDIT: This change is now reflected in my order history. Gonna shoot them an email and see whats up, no AA GOTY = no buy for me.

Yeah, the descriptions are all jacked up. I'm pretty sure I remember this applying to both console versions. In this case, drinking and website maintenance don't go well together. :)

[quote name='DOMINATOR912']Might have changed it, when I ordered a few days ago the description was identical to the 360 version. Might have run out of PS3 versions?

EDIT: This change is now reflected in my order history. Gonna shoot them an email and see whats up, no AA GOTY = no buy for me.[/QUOTE]

once you know, post up...i did the PS3 version, too...and mine changed in my order screen as well

[quote name='buckythekat']too bad they won't ship out the copy of Arkham Asylum early, I would like to finally beat the game and be ready to start Arkham City as soon as it's delivered[/QUOTE] Agreed. I already beat AA, but I would so play thru it again waiting for this.

bread's done
Back