Arkham City Preorder PS3/XBOX360 + $10 eGift card and Arkham Asylum GOTY at Walmart

audilover

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Right now if you preorder Batman Arkham City on PS3 or XBOX 360 at walmart.com as a bonus you get a $10 e-gift card and Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY Edition for $59.96 + tax and shipping. Great deal especially if you don't already have Arkham Asylum!

PS3 http://www.walmart.com/ip/Batman-...3/16553238

360 http://www.walmart.com/ip/Batman-...0/16553239

Credit:kroutonkruncher [sd]

Seems like a good deal if you haven't the first like me. I think this is the best deal yet if you haven't played the first. I am probably just going to sell the Special Edition I got from amazon for 60.

Was on the fence for this deal but my backlog convinced me to hold off.

By the time I got around to play them I'd probably be able to find them both for less then $60 anyways. What a great deal though...

Batman Arkham City has been delivered :D. It came in a combo wrapping with the 1st game, can't wait to try it!

[quote name='Guimengo']Batman Arkham City has been delivered :D. It came in a combo wrapping with the 1st game, can't wait to try it![/QUOTE]

Jealous...

Stupid FedEx actually obeying their stupid instructions...

Just a heads up, another CAG pointed out to me that Egiftcards can be used to purchase in store giftcards off the site, and I Just ordered mine without any problems. 12 pack here I come :)

[quote name='dc_fortythree']Just a heads up, another CAG pointed out to me that Egiftcards can be used to purchase in store giftcards off the site, and I Just ordered mine without any problems. 12 pack here I come :)[/QUOTE]

DAMN, didn't think of that, could've bought a Best Buy gift card that way as I have a $5 rewards coupon.

[quote name='Guimengo']Batman Arkham City has been delivered :D. It came in a combo wrapping with the 1st game, can't wait to try it![/QUOTE]

LUCKY! My copy has been in town since Saturday but FedEx is following orders not to deliver until tomorrow, ugh so stupid.

[quote name='Sharkey1337']LUCKY! My copy has been in town since Saturday but FedEx is following orders not to deliver until tomorrow, ugh so stupid.[/QUOTE]

I couldn't install it right away as FedEx came up just as I was getting ready to leave. Installed Catwoman's stuff (217mb) and now almost done with game install :D.

Just a minor deal, but if you buy an Nvidia GTX card from Newegg, you'll get Arkham City for free on the PC.
This is a good deal for the console version

Can you take a pic of the Sku barcode. I'd love to buy it in store and return the online order when it ever decides to ship :(

[quote name='mgford11']Can you take a pic of the Sku barcode. I'd love to buy it in store and return the online order when it ever decides to ship :([/QUOTE]
I'm trying to do something like that too (nothing illegal..). Is the Batman AC game just the normal game and standard UPC or is it different?

I believe the standard UPC for Xbox is 00883929166770 and for PS3 it's 00883929161881

[quote name='ShockandAww']I'm trying to do something like that too (nothing illegal..). Is the Batman AC game just the normal game and standard UPC or is it different?

I believe the standard UPC for Xbox is 00883929166770 and for PS3 it's 00883929161881[/QUOTE]

People were saying that the Walmart bundle was bundled and wrapped up. I'm sure there's a placeholder Sku.

Hoping someone can snap a pic of their delivered Walmart order.

[quote name='mgford11']People were saying that the Walmart bundle was bundled and wrapped up. I'm sure there's a placeholder Sku.

Hoping someone can snap a pic of their delivered Walmart order.[/QUOTE]
Yeah I saw that but wasnt sure what exactly was meant. Apparently they're wrapped together though. Now need to decide if I just buy copies from both WM and Kmart or wait and get it at Kmart. I want it at midnight but also want to support Kmart with their $30 deal.

This is what you get:

i4jzuo.jpg

It had NOT FOR RESALE stickers where the UPC codes are but after some Goo-Gone they just have regular UPC codes underneath the stickers. Hope this helps.

They do come wrapped together with a "only at Wal-mart" label but that's about it.

[quote name='CAG 79']This is what you get:
It had NOT FOR RESALE stickers where the UPC codes are but after some Goo-Gone they just have regular UPC codes underneath the stickers. Hope this helps.

They do come wrapped together with a "only at Wal-mart" label but that's about it.[/QUOTE]
Thanks. Not going to bother with WM then. I'll just get it at Gamestop. Now I need to come up with some crap to trade in.

[quote name='BingoBrown']Jealous...

Stupid FedEx actually obeying their stupid instructions...[/QUOTE]

Yeah. Mine still stays "Package not due for delivery" for Sat and today... I guess it will be here tomorrow. I'm sure the game is worth the wait and I know the deal was.

[quote name='CAG 79']This is what you get:

i4jzuo.jpg

They do come wrapped together with a "only at Wal-mart" label but that's about it.[/QUOTE]

What was th Sku or UPC of what was rung up? Matching them to the in store counterpart is what matters. I'm tired of waiting for Walmart to ship my online order.

[quote name='mgford11']What was th Sku or UPC of what was rung up? Matching them to the in store counterpart is what matters. I'm tired of waiting for Walmart to ship my online order.[/QUOTE]
Are you sure it isnt shipped? With Walmart you generally get it on release day. If youre just looking at your order through Walmart.com stop doing that and check the actual tracking number with Fedex or however they shipped it.

I'm still debating whether or not I can live with paying MSRP for a game and the whole Catwoman content being locked in sp via a stupid one time use code or not, but right now I am leaning towards going to my closest 24 hour WM to grab one of the bundles at midnight.;)

I liked Arkham Asylum and well...I've seen a ton of preview footage for this game and it seems like it's going to be a hell of a ride.:)

[quote name='ShockandAww']Are you sure it isnt shipped? With Walmart you generally get it on release day. If youre just looking at your order through Walmart.com stop doing that and check the actual tracking number with Fedex or however they shipped it.[/QUOTE]

The gift card says shipped. The game says processing.

For those who ordered online and have it do you guys no if your order switched to no say that it comes as the bundle? I ordered the bundle but now walmart.com says only with the credit and my order changed to say that to. I'm debating on whether or not to go at midnight to pick up the bundle then see what fedex delivers to me

Somewhat related:

I have an Amazon copy getting here tomorrow, but the anticipation is too much. I'm considering picking up a copy at midnight at Gamestop and then returning the Amazon copy to Gamestop with that receipt. Is that possible, or will there be a UPC mismatch?

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I'm still debating whether or not I can live with paying MSRP for a game and the whole Catwoman content being locked in sp via a stupid one time use code or not, but right now I am leaning towards going to my closest 24 hour WM to grab one of the bundles at midnight.;)

I liked Arkham Asylum and well...I've seen a ton of preview footage for this game and it seems like it's going to be a hell of a ride.:)[/QUOTE]

Lol. Of course.

[quote name='bluedeviltron']Somewhat related:

I have an Amazon copy getting here tomorrow, but the anticipation is too much. I'm considering picking up a copy at midnight at Gamestop and then returning the Amazon copy to Gamestop with that receipt. Is that possible, or will there be a UPC mismatch?[/QUOTE]

Some games with different pack in content have had different skus. Enslaved is a good example of every freaking retailer having their own sku

[quote name='bluedeviltron']Somewhat related:

I have an Amazon copy getting here tomorrow, but the anticipation is too much. I'm considering picking up a copy at midnight at Gamestop and then returning the Amazon copy to Gamestop with that receipt. Is that possible, or will there be a UPC mismatch?[/QUOTE]
Thats basically what I'm doing. Was going to get the WM bundle but doesnt look like thatd work too well so going to try it with Gamestop/Kmart instead. I imagine both will just have the standard version of the game with the same UPC.

The Amazon one comes with that comic book though so like someone else just said it's possible if that comic is a pack in it will have a different UPC than Gamestops.

[quote name='confoosious']Lol. Of course.[/QUOTE]
I'm a hypocrite. I know.:razz: But two games for $60 kinda speaks to the cheapass in me and got me figuring that it's like getting AC for half off while paying MSRP for AA. Besides which, I could probably sell AA on CL for $20 or so to offset my costs.;)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I'm a hypocrite. I know.:razz: But two games for $60 kinda speaks to the cheapass in me and got me figuring that it's like getting AC for half off while paying MSRP for AA. Besides which, I could probably sell AA on CL for $20 or so to offset my costs.;)[/QUOTE]
I could sell you an Xbox copy cheaper most likely. If you can stand to wait..

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I'm a hypocrite. I know.:razz: But two games for $60 kinda speaks to the cheapass in me and got me figuring that it's like getting AC for half off while paying MSRP for AA. Besides which, I could probably sell AA on CL for $20 or so to offset my costs.;)[/QUOTE]

;) So predictable. I don't ever want to see you bitching about dlc or any of that stuff. Because EVERYONE knows you just care about the money and not about taking whatever stand you've dreamt up at the moment.

received mine today:) The package stated to not deliver prior to 10/18 but I guess fedex didn't care.........Looks like i'll be busy tonight

[quote name='ShockandAww']Thats basically what I'm doing. Was going to get the WM bundle but doesnt look like thatd work too well so going to try it with Gamestop/Kmart instead. I imagine both will just have the standard version of the game with the same UPC.

The Amazon one comes with that comic book though so like someone else just said it's possible if that comic is a pack in it will have a different UPC than Gamestops.[/QUOTE]

Gamestop has some special DLC that comes with the game but it's printed on the receipt so the UPC should match the copy from Kmart. That's what I'm hoping at least. :D

[quote name='spicoli420']received mine today:) The package stated to not deliver prior to 10/18 but I guess fedex didn't care.........Looks like i'll be busy tonight[/QUOTE]

360? What's the Sku on the bundle label?

[quote name='ShockandAww']I could sell you an Xbox copy cheaper most likely. If you can stand to wait..[/QUOTE]
No Xbox. I'm PS3 only as of right now. I'll probably pick up a 360(or three) at the very tail end of this gen and be buying games en masse like I was during the blowout clearances for PS1 stuff in that gen.;)
[quote name='confoosious'];) So predictable. I don't ever want to see you bitching about dlc or any of that stuff. Because EVERYONE knows you just care about the money and not about taking whatever stand you've dreamt up at the moment.[/QUOTE]
That's the thing though. I'll probably sell/trade the Catwoman code on here and just Google/YouTube footage of her portion of the game and/or ending rather than waste the code.:booty: I'm still a bit perturbed that WB would lock out a portion of the single player game for more than just the original purchaser of it. If this is the trend that gaming is taking and more of this pops up before next gen, then I may really stop gaming or play only older stuff.

I mean, I understand WHY they're doing it, but it's just a greedy cash grab imo. If it was after release DLC I could see charging for unlocking/downloading it, but....:whistle2:#. That's all I'm saying.

I should go get it and tease all the west coasters for a few hours :booty:

If any one is curious, it's both games with a small sleeve (covers maybe a 1/3 of both) and shrinkwrapped. Has a barcode on the sleeve.

[quote name='mgford11']Report in midnight shop goers! Pics and skus please![/QUOTE]

Still 2 and half hours for me west coast ftl. Back to dark souls NG+ :bouncy:

[quote name='mgford11']Report in midnight shop goers! Pics and skus please![/QUOTE]
There's no SKU # on my receipt for the PS3 version that I picked up from WM. However there is a likely version specific UPC#(088392921031) that's on the back of this lil cardboard sleeve that's UNDER the shrinkwrap that's holding the AC/AA 2 pack together.

For those nitpicky about versions/cases, the PS3 version of AA GOTY is RED CASE GH. As someone else already mentioned, there are 'not for individual sale' stickers over the normal UPC's on the back of each game's case.

Also, here's a big thing for those of us(i.e. ME) who were considering dumping AA on CL or wherever as SEALED for $20, both games are NOT SEALED under the flimsy shrinkwrap that binds the bundle together.

Let me repeat that: Both games in the bundle are MISSING THE SHRINKWRAP underneath the flimsy heat seal shrinkwrap holding the bundle together.

No shrinkwrap? I just assumed that both would be sealed. Did AA GOTY come with those 3D glasses?

Also, did both games have the "new game smell" that I enjoy inhaling so much?

[quote name='SyxxHallNash']I need to know the SKU of the Best Buy copy, if anyone went to a Best Buy midnight opening. The SKU on my GameStop copy is 8-83929-16677-0[/QUOTE]

what's the SKU for?? just wondering.

YO Nos Promo for the Batman beyond skin is live
Gd04b.png

PS. Nos was on sale where I live for $1 a can still is I have like 15 cans :X. I think I'm addicted to caffeine damn you 5am mornings!
A37amS46cLecAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

I need to know if I can return this GameStop copy to Best Buy. If the barcodes are the same it's no problem. But, when stores have their own DLC placed inside teh case sometimes they have a unique barcode to that store.

[quote name='spicoli420']ps3 version Item # 637664200790 upc code 883929210312[/QUOTE]

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']There's no SKU # on my receipt for the PS3 version that I picked up from WM. However there is a likely version specific UPC#(088392921031) that's on the back of this lil cardboard sleeve that's UNDER the shrinkwrap that's holding the AC/AA 2 pack together.
[/QUOTE]

Hmm Sku's are different between the online order (top) and your in-store (bottom).

[quote name='SyxxHallNash']Someone on GameFAQs just said the Best Buy edition is different.[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing it would be the robin dlc is actually package inside the case. Unlike gamestops print your codes on your receipt.

bread's done
Back