Arkham City Preorder PS3/XBOX360 + $10 eGift card and Arkham Asylum GOTY at Walmart

audilover

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Right now if you preorder Batman Arkham City on PS3 or XBOX 360 at walmart.com as a bonus you get a $10 e-gift card and Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY Edition for $59.96 + tax and shipping. Great deal especially if you don't already have Arkham Asylum!

PS3 http://www.walmart.com/ip/Batman-...3/16553238

360 http://www.walmart.com/ip/Batman-...0/16553239

Credit:kroutonkruncher [sd]

Seems like a good deal if you haven't the first like me. I think this is the best deal yet if you haven't played the first. I am probably just going to sell the Special Edition I got from amazon for 60.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']The point is it's ON the disc and NOT DLC. Even if her portion of the game is seperate to the storyline, the fact of the matter is it's still ON the disc and they're making anyone after the original purchaser pay to access that content.:roll:[/QUOTE]

Basically they are predownloading the content for you. I honestly don't care as much as you do. So you are saying that if the content wasn't on the disc then you wouldn't complain at all?

So because they decided to leave it on disc you're mad? I assume that they were toying with the idea to have it on disc to access to everyone or to have it a paid dlc, instead they compromised on a middle ground.

Other games reward returning players in a series with in game content that is on disc that can only be accessed if you have done certain things in previous games.

Like you said each person has their own ideas and perspectives. Hope this doesn't steer you away from an awesome game. Oh and if your friends wanted to play the catwoman levels that badly they can play through the entire game without them, then come over and play them on your system. Obviously not as easy to just loaning them the disc, but the catwoman levels probably only take an hour to complete so not that bad.

[quote name='spacebooger']Mine says the same. Did some gooleing and found out that since we didn't pay extra for saturday shipping this is what the status will say until monday.[/QUOTE]

It also shows this same message if the package has a "do not deliver before xx/xx/xxxx". Which is the case for this item.

[quote name='BoromirsFan']some clarification. You cannot get Batman AA with Arkham city without preordering?

Isnt it too late for that now?[/QUOTE]
Walmart stores are also going to carry the 2 pack. Just no idea what the stock will be like. So just try to make it to a store early.

I just stopped by my local Walmart tonight and talked to several associates in the Electronics Department. I was told that they had "a lot" of the bonus packs of Batman Arkham City and that they also had the Collector's Edition as well. This store is in a smaller market so I am planning on going in Tuesday morning to pick up my game. Who knows I might even buy the Collector's Edition if they still have it in stock. Good luck to all those trying to find the bonus pack in store!!!

[quote name='Agent 205']I just stopped by my local Walmart tonight and talked to several associates in the Electronics Department. I was told that they had "a lot" of the bonus packs of Batman Arkham City and that they also had the Collector's Edition as well. This store is in a smaller market so I am planning on going in Tuesday morning to pick up my game. Who knows I might even buy the Collector's Edition if they still have it in stock. Good luck to all those trying to find the bonus pack in store!!![/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was actually was planning not on getting this game on launch, but now having Arkham Asylum sweetens the deal. I have it on PC and I wanted to brush up on my brother's 360 version (since I want it on 360) before launch and he said he lend it out and never got it back. Guess I'm heading to Wal Mart at 10:30 Monday night...

Also, i was just googling around and I doubt I'll actually do it, but can you actually pre order games at Wal Mart in store? I've never done it before and some of those guys in electronics never seem to know what they're doing.

am i the only person who wasn't charged for my game...

it shipped today and there was a pending charge on the day i ordered it (10/8)...after going through my bank account from today back to the day i ordered it, i have no charge from walmart.com

i guess we will see tomorrow or monday if it will just happen after the fact

Do the 24hr Wal-Marts do midnight sales or do I have to wait until they actually stock the game? I have no idea how their retail system works. I know that in the past I've had difficulty getting stores to hook me up in the past, but that was many years ago. I haven't bought a launch title in so long, and never at Wally World, so if anyone can clarify I'd appreciate it =)

[quote name='p-spiddy']Do the 24hr Wal-Marts do midnight sales or do I have to wait until they actually stock the game? I have no idea how their retail system works. I know that in the past I've had difficulty getting stores to hook me up in the past, but that was many years ago. I haven't bought a launch title in so long, and never at Wally World, so if anyone can clarify I'd appreciate it =)[/QUOTE]

Most 24hr stores will at least have a small midnight release. If not you should be able to have someone get you the game at midnight as they are allowed to sell it then and why would they turn down a sale.

I've never preordered from Walmart.com before, anyone else ever had a preorder that arrived before release date? My shipment is in my city already. I'm hoping it might be delivered on Monday.

anyone know where i can find the commerical?? dont say tv... i tried youtube but they only shows the batman commerical but didnt say the deal.

Yay the walmart near me is 24 hours. Going to go in and try and find the double pacl. I was going to hold off on getting this game since I have dark souls to tide me over but man this is to sweet to pass up. I played AA and loved it the reviews are all coming in for this game and omggggggggg. That is all.

How did I miss this deal? Saw it on jimmy fallon and it looked awesome. A free game is probably the best preorder bonus you can get, and AA is a good game. Oh well, since AA is going for $28 on amazon, I guess I'll just wait until AC hits $32 or less and call it even. I doubt I would even unwrap it before then anyway. I already have the original AA, but had no idea they updated it to be 3D, so might double dip. By the time I get around to it, there will be an AC GOTY ultimate pack or something and I would have regretted getting this vanilla version anyway.

[quote name='breakingcustoms']am i the only person who wasn't charged for my game...

it shipped today and there was a pending charge on the day i ordered it (10/8)...after going through my bank account from today back to the day i ordered it, i have no charge from walmart.com

i guess we will see tomorrow or monday if it will just happen after the fact[/QUOTE]

Same here. There was an authorization charge when I pre-ordered. It'll probably pop up Monday or Tuesday.

Just went to my local Wal-Mart. They will be selling the dual-pack (Arkham City & Asylum GOTY) for $59.99 right off the shelves. No pre-order necessary. Midnight (Monday into Tuesday) release.

So, for those of you who didn't order online, just go to your local store while supplies last.

~HotShotX

[quote name='thebytewasbit']I plan on putting it on layaway till friday when I get paid since I dont expect copies of the dual pack to last til then.[/QUOTE]

I was planning on the doing the same for two reasons:

1. I'm a little short on spending cash this week
  2. Some big things at work this week which means I'll be putting in long hours and won't get to play it till this weekend

[quote name='BingoBrown']I've never preordered from Walmart.com before, anyone else ever had a preorder that arrived before release date? My shipment is in my city already. I'm hoping it might be delivered on Monday.[/QUOTE]

Yeah mine is in my city too and says 'not due for delivery', I'm wondering if I can just call them and pick it up tomorrow or something....would love to have it tomorrow.

you dont, they have signs up at walmarts advertising the two games together special. You get a $10 egift card if u do preorder via walmart.com. The game already shipped and supposively arrives tuesday in the afternoon. Hopefully it'll come tomorrow but i'm not counting on that ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ChaosLaw']Hmm...I pre-ordered it as part of the Buy 3 get $50 GC at walmart.com
wondering if I'll get the Asylum GOTY with it[/QUOTE]

You should but i would call Customer Service and make sure.

[quote name='ChaosLaw']Hmm...I pre-ordered it as part of the Buy 3 get $50 GC at walmart.com
wondering if I'll get the Asylum GOTY with it[/QUOTE]
it will probably depend on when you ordered it. I think they sold out of the version with arkham asylum included in it a few days ago but they have now replaced it in the bundle with a version that doesn't contain arkham asylum in the listing.

[quote name='HotShotX']Just went to my local Wal-Mart. They will be selling the dual-pack (Arkham City & Asylum GOTY) for $59.99 right off the shelves. No pre-order necessary. Midnight (Monday into Tuesday) release.

So, for those of you who didn't order online, just go to your local store while supplies last.

~HotShotX[/QUOTE]

Thanks for doing the legwork, man. MUCH appreciated :applause:

[quote name='yuanhongsung']ha. love the profile pic. kiwimonster[/QUOTE]

Lol thanks.

On a side note I can also confirm I called two different Walmarts in the Sacramento area that are 24 hours. They all confirmed that you will be able to buy it at midnight and they will have the dual packs on the shelves. Just probably going to go quick is my guess.

So pumped for this game. I just finished off Dark Souls (55 hours) and now am ready for AA/AC!

[quote name='kiwimonster']

So pumped for this game. I just finished off Dark Souls (55 hours) and now am ready for AA/AC![/QUOTE]

Damn wish I had that much time to spare lol.

[quote name='kiwimonster']Lol thanks.

On a side note I can also confirm I called two different Walmarts in the Sacramento area that are 24 hours. They all confirmed that you will be able to buy it at midnight and they will have the dual packs on the shelves. Just probably going to go quick is my guess.

So pumped for this game. I just finished off Dark Souls (55 hours) and now am ready for AA/AC![/QUOTE]

Which system can you confirm? I'm really wanting PS3 but will buy whatever is available. Thanks in advance.

[quote name='mr_bungle']Yeah mine is in my city too and says 'not due for delivery', I'm wondering if I can just call them and pick it up tomorrow or something....would love to have it tomorrow.[/QUOTE]
They have a "do not deliver before 9/18/2011" written on them. And I highly doubt you can talk them into getting it early as they can get in massive trouble for delivering a product before street date.

FYI - walmart doesnt normally offer layaway but will be offering it for the holidays starting tomorrow the 17th...in case anyone wanted to use that for w/e reason.

[quote name='p-spiddy']Which system can you confirm? I'm really wanting PS3 but will buy whatever is available. Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

They told me they would have both in stock for PS3/XBOX but to come early because they probably will not be around for long.

I plan on playing through AA on hard then move to AC. Its been so long since I played AA and I am an achievement whore is why I am getting it on the 360. lol.

[quote name='mr_bungle']Yeah mine is in my city too and says 'not due for delivery', I'm wondering if I can just call them and pick it up tomorrow or something....would love to have it tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Some times you cant go in and pick it up, They have orders on the package some times to not deliver until a said date.. so they wont release it to you either.. I'm going to assume that's why it says note due for delivery.

in additon to the normal shipment, we just got a pdq in with about 80 copies for 360 and ps3. They are all double packs. In addition what i thought was interesting is the AA goty (360) is in a green case not the silver one like we normally stock. To me this is a plus :)

[quote name='Raze4tw']in additon to the normal shipment, we just got a pdq in with about 80 copies for 360 and ps3. They are all double packs. In addition what i thought was interesting is the AA goty (360) is in a green case not the silver one like we normally stock. To me this is a plus :)[/QUOTE]

What about the ps3 version?

[quote name='audilover']Do you guys think they will give us a physical copy of arkum asylum?[/QUOTE]

Probably, there's no digital version

lol all 3 of my games from the walmart.com deal say they'll all ship with Skyrim (Nov 15th)
maybe I should buy them in store then return the copies I get but that's such a hassle and I'm sick of dealing with customer service people

Looks like I waited too long to pre-order for the free copy of Asylum GotY, no mention of it on the Walmart.com pages and a few posts over at SD claim that the promo is over.

[quote name='eLefAdEr']Looks like I waited too long to pre-order for the free copy of Asylum GotY, no mention of it on the Walmart.com pages and a few posts over at SD claim that the promo is over.[/QUOTE]

Thy are in store also, but I would go at midnight (if it's a 24 hour WM) or when they open. I heard larger stores are getting between 80-150 of the packages that have both and smaller stores as low as 30.

So if you still want the promo I would be standing in line at your local WM and probably call them up beforehand to make sure they have some.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']Thy are in store also, but I would go at midnight (if it's a 24 hour WM) or when they open. I heard larger stores are getting between 80-150 of the packages that have both and smaller stores as low as 30.

So if you still want the promo I would be standing in line at your local WM and probably call them up beforehand to make sure they have some.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Just not worth the 30-mile roundtrip drive. No more $10 eCard, correct?

I have only myself to blame. :cry:

[quote name='eLefAdEr']Thanks. Just not worth the 30-mile roundtrip drive. No more $10 eCard, correct?

I have only myself to blame. :cry:[/QUOTE]

I believe the GC was only online. Not 100% about that though.

bread's done
Back