Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

I am curious about whether mutliplayer will actually turn into a very skillful game because I can see it going two ways. 1 - run and gun to just rack up kills and keep running from pursuers or 2 - slows down so that there are less kills but you stay in cognito and rack up more points per kill. I really hope it goes more towards #2.

Also, has anyone found a good strategy for evading attackers? They usually approach from behind and I was considering walking around with the camera faced that way.

So I have never played an Assassin's Creed game, should I pick up AC2 on the cheap before I start with this game since it picks up where AC2 ends?

I have an amazon bonus for Heimschmied Drachen armor that I will give for free. PM me if you are interested. [CLAIMED]

As far as AC2 goes, the game is great. If you are willing to put in the time to play it then I would definitely do it. However, back-to-back AC2 into brotherhood may be an awfully large dose of Ass Creed. You may need a break inbetween regardless of how good they both are.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Chimprage']So I have never played an Assassin's Creed game, should I pick up AC2 on the cheap before I start with this game since it picks up where AC2 ends?[/QUOTE]

If you've never played any Assassin's Creed game, it might actually be best to start from the beginning. It really depends on how much spoiler material you already know about the franchise. If you know nothing, then start with AC1, although AC2 is definitely a superior gameplay experience.

[quote name='faceturd']I am curious about whether mutliplayer will actually turn into a very skillful game because I can see it going two ways. 1 - run and gun to just rack up kills and keep running from pursuers or 2 - slows down so that there are less kills but you stay in cognito and rack up more points per kill. I really hope it goes more towards #2.

Also, has anyone found a good strategy for evading attackers? They usually approach from behind and I was considering walking around with the camera faced that way.[/QUOTE]

I think we'll see what method prevails in time. Right now the stealth approach is working better. But you know kids, always working to break the system.

The reason I say #2 (for now) is the fact that running not only takes your points way down, but it alerts your target fairly quickly. You can close a distance before they notice if you stalk, but it's easy to spot the real players from the NPC's by their actions. As soon as I see the red dot, I break off my hunt and cut through some escape spots on the map. Once you break line of sight, get in a group with at least one NPC that looks like you and use Masquerade. They kill the wrong target a good amount of times. Or find a hiding spot in the hay.

As for finding a stalker, well that's tougher and the game type we want more. I look for that slight movement in my general direction from any group of NPC's and bolt if I think someone is a player character.

If someone is going stealth and walks right up to you, then it's mostly instinctual if you think it's a player or NPC. I've let my guard down a few times and gotten killed for it, instead of dropping a smoke bomb and hoping I was right. I think it just comes in time. Actually planning how to not get killed seems like too much work.

[quote name='Chimprage']So I have never played an Assassin's Creed game, should I pick up AC2 on the cheap before I start with this game since it picks up where AC2 ends?[/QUOTE]

Here, take a look at this review (it mentions spoilers and how to avoid them by passing a few paragraphs):http://a1.gamesradar.com/xbox360/assassins-creed-brotherhood/review/assassins-creed-brotherhood-review/a-2010111519150107008/g-2010050618435955047 as it sums up what ACII is and how it's the definite choice over Brotherhood even though Brotherhood is a good game (in regards to story and character development).
ACII is:
acIIdiagram--article_image.jpg

ACBrotherhood is:
ACBdiagram--article_image.jpg

[quote name='Lord_Kefka'] As soon as I see the red dot, I break off my hunt and cut through some escape spots on the map. [/QUOTE]

Uh oh... red dot? I only played for one 2 hour session... but am about to get back on now.

EDIT : Nevermind, I got the tip and now get it. Huge help.

Anyone else have a Heimschmied Drachen code they are willing to get rid of? I have an extra Harlequin code if your interested. Just PM me.

After looking through the quick look over at Giant Bomb, I don't know if I can wait until next week to pick this one up...I might have to bite early next week, but I'm trying to restrain myself...bahh

Go get it Ichigo... I haven't even played a lot of single player... the multiplayer is so good. You won't regret having it.

i cant play multi for S***. even with the compass i cant tell who is who. and when im walking normal i still get detected.

i saw a guy on a bench and i had a huge feeling it was an enemy but wasn't definitive . but i didn't want to just walk right up to him. saw the same "model" running fishy killed him and then the real one got off the bench and killed me, and then i wished i had gone after the bench

so for i cant kill anyone

the single player is awesome. some of the 100% objectives are quite challenging

Just had a guy stand behind me a repeatedly stun me whenever I got up when I was playing Manhunt. I didn't get up until a teammate came along and killed him. Just figured I'd let everyone know that that can happen to you unless you choose to respawn.

[quote name='timesplitt']i cant play multi for S***. [/QUOTE]

Two things:

1. You will die... don't hold it against yourself. Its more about killing your target stealthly.

2. If you feel like you are in trouble... run. If you are in trouble then the guy after you will notice you take off and start running... then its just a chase that can be won. If it isn't them, then run for a few seconds then find a chase breaker anyways and relax. No harm no foul.

Another good tip is that if you are ever freaked out join a group of bystanders or a walking group to blend in. Then you can pan around without having to control the walking to see what is up and make a dash to protection if needed.

I think if it can be upgraded you see just the outline of the store symbol on the map, then once it's upgraded the whole image fills itself in.

[quote name='Schmackledorf']Just had a guy stand behind me a repeatedly stun me whenever I got up when I was playing Manhunt. I didn't get up until a teammate came along and killed him. Just figured I'd let everyone know that that can happen to you unless you choose to respawn.[/QUOTE]

I do that too, you get a ton of points without having to do any work. It also probably pisses off the other guy which is hilarious

Level 33 right now

[quote name='nnthomas']I do that too, you get a ton of points without having to do any work. It also probably pisses off the other guy which is hilarious

Level 33 right now[/QUOTE]

It's called griefing, and it makes you a dick.

Did everyone's copy come with a code to enter the Virgin Gaming online tournament for this or was that just in CE and/or Gamestop copies?

[quote name='radioactivez0r']It's called griefing, and it makes you a dick.[/QUOTE]

It also gets me one more level closer to 50 ^_^

[quote name='RichMeisterMan']Ok, so am I missing something in the map or does the game NOT tell you which things have/have NOT been bought/built/upgraded/whatever?[/QUOTE]

If you haven't upgraded a location they are just slightly grayed out... when upgraded they are gloriously brightened.

Played for a while today and was kinda bummed out when I finally saved up enough money to buy a landmark for 28000f and it only upped me 60f of income. It cost a freakin arm and a leg.

And the most annoying part of the game so far is the accidental horse whistles that happen in front of nearly every shop, every interaction with a person, and on every look-out.

I'm very glad to see they didn't skimp on the single-player experience. Multi-Player isn't bad, in fact I can see how it would be addicting, but I personally had enough after reaching level 5.

I'm also happy to see the glyph/puzzles (The Truth) make it back. That was one of my favorite things about AC2. I love how they break up the gameplay and add a totally different element to the game.

Would you recommend this for purchase, guys? I'm completely on the fence about it. I enjoyed Assassins Creed and AC2, but I ended up losing interest and trading them back in. Happened for both. I guess I'm just more of a multiplayer kind of guy in the end, which is why I'm starting to gain interest in this.

[quote name='faceturd']If you haven't upgraded a location they are just slightly grayed out... when upgraded they are gloriously brightened.

Played for a while today and was kinda bummed out when I finally saved up enough money to buy a landmark for 28000f and it only upped me 60f of income. It cost a freakin arm and a leg.

And the most annoying part of the game so far is the accidental horse whistles that happen in front of nearly every shop, every interaction with a person, and on every look-out.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't call them "gloriously" brightened. You can barely freaking tell on some of them!

I've only called my horse on accident a handful of times.

am i the only one who still has this problem of "jumping" when climbing

I'll be climbing a castle with no object parallel to me but then instead of leaping to the next object my guy does a leap jump backwards into nothing and dies. sometimes when im on the ground running towards a wall holding A, 80% of the time I'll climb it but the 20% other time he'll do the turnaround leap. gets annoying

[quote name='Schmackledorf']Just had a guy stand behind me a repeatedly stun me whenever I got up when I was playing Manhunt. I didn't get up until a teammate came along and killed him. Just figured I'd let everyone know that that can happen to you unless you choose to respawn.[/QUOTE]

Love people who boost for achievements. No doubt there are going to be a ton of people doing this online just for a damn achievement. Play the game =/.

[quote name='Ichigo1993']After looking through the quick look over at Giant Bomb, I don't know if I can wait until next week to pick this one up...I might have to bite early next week, but I'm trying to restrain myself...bahh[/QUOTE]

Buy it now and then pick it up at K-mart for $40 on Thanksgiving. Return your $60 copy to wherever you got it :p.

[quote name='RichMeisterMan']I wouldn't call them "gloriously" brightened. You can barely freaking tell on some of them![/QUOTE]

I was being sarcastic.

[quote name='timesplitt']am i the only one who still has this problem of "jumping" when climbing[/QUOTE]

I haven't really had the problem, but the jump backward move is triggered by RT + A without any directional input. To just climb really only requires RT + directional. So it seems that during the transition from running to climbing you may be pulling off the directional or possibly tapping A...?

[quote name='Rodimus']Multi-Player isn't bad, in fact I can see how it would be addicting, but I personally had enough after reaching level 5.[/QUOTE]

I understand where you are coming from but I would really continue playing until about level 10ish because you begin to unlock perks that are really quite useful and help to change up the game a bit. Like targets running on roofs is somewhat annoying until the hidden gun is unlocked and balances the game. And smoke bomb is very tactical... it would be a shame to not try them out if you have any interest.

[quote name='AlphaPanda']I guess I'm just more of a multiplayer kind of guy in the end, which is why I'm starting to gain interest in this. [/QUOTE]

I would say yes for a few reasons.

1. The Muliplayer is really unique and if you like MP, I would think you'd want to try this out.
2. Like I said before, the perks and upgrade system will likely give this a bit of legs.
3. Besides MP, the SP is a lot more varied this time. They are really starting to understand the balance and flow of the single player experience and so far (5-6 hours in) I have yet to play overly repetitive sequences that have plagued previous AC games (even the end of AC2 was more same-samey).

[quote name='faceturd']I understand where you are coming from but I would really continue playing until about level 10ish because you begin to unlock perks that are really quite useful and help to change up the game a bit. Like targets running on roofs is somewhat annoying until the hidden gun is unlocked and balances the game. And smoke bomb is very tactical... it would be a shame to not try them out if you have any interest.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the advice but I've just never been a multiplayer kinda guy (except for VF5 & SSFIV) I might dabble with it a little bit more but I don't expect to get hooked like I am with the single player. If I had a ton of friends who played maybe that would give me more incentive.

[quote name='Rodimus']Thanks for the advice but I've just never been a multiplayer kinda guy (except for VF5 & SSFIV) I might dabble with it a little bit more but I don't expect to get hooked like I am with the single player. If I had a ton of friends who played maybe that would give me more incentive.[/QUOTE]

And I thought people didn't like getting stabbed in the back by their friends... :)

I just spent 2 fucking hours trying to beat the Leonardo's flying machine mission only for the game to lock up on the 10th attempt to complete the flying/bombing part. I'm so fucking pissed off right now I want to break my console.

So does anyoen want to get a CAG group together for a multplayer night? Beyond just the fun of it maybe we can help each other get some achievements. (not level 50 of course, but like helping each other get high pt kills, kill someone in haystack etc. should be easy if we are all CAGers in the match)

I'd be down for that. It would be nice to talk and joke around with the people killing me. Less aggravating that way. Plus it's great for the team games like Manhunt.

I haven't seen it posted anywhere, so does anyone know how much space AC:B takes up on the HD?

(My Kmart better have this instock I cannot wait to play it anymore)

Dear Video Games,

I understand that you really want to sell your sequel. I really do. But please,
stop cutting to the credits in the middle of a cutscene

Thank you.

Your pal, DrMunkee

[quote name='natiev']I haven't seen it posted anywhere, so does anyone know how much space AC:B takes up on the HD?

(My Kmart better have this instock I cannot wait to play it anymore)[/QUOTE]

I installed it last night. Il'l let you know. I'd imagine 6.something GB

[quote name='natiev']I haven't seen it posted anywhere, so does anyone know how much space AC:B takes up on the HD?

(My Kmart better have this instock I cannot wait to play it anymore)[/QUOTE]

6.6 GB.

Achievement unlocked : Beat someone to the answer, even though he said he would look it up.

(Sorry, I was in the middle of installing a bunch of my backlog and just went ahead and looked it up). :bouncy:

Awesome, appreciate the info. Looks like I gotta delete Borderlands and move the addons to my USB drive to make room. I need to either get a bigger HD or a new 360.

Less than 13 hours until Kmart opens.

[quote name='DrMunkee']6.6 GB.

Achievement unlocked : Beat someone to the answer, even though he said he would look it up.

(Sorry, I was in the middle of installing a bunch of my backlog and just went ahead and looked it up). :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Of course you know this means war!

I'm down for a game night. Got this game yesterday @ noon and finished the singleplayer this evening. Talk about a cliffhanger ending. Hopped into the multiplayer (Wanted) and I'm hooked. Two matches in and I'm already finishing in 1st place. :D

So how is the multiplayer? I tried looking for some youtubes and only found a handful of vids, seems kind of..........boring. I can imagine it being intense if people play "correctly" but what's to stop people from climbing all over buildings and stuff and just running around the whole time?

[quote name='hustletron']So how is the multiplayer? I tried looking for some youtubes and only found a handful of vids, seems kind of..........boring. I can imagine it being intense if people play "correctly" but what's to stop people from climbing all over buildings and stuff and just running around the whole time?[/QUOTE]

You dont get as much points than killing silently, and I know you are coming so I have a smoke bomb/firecracker ready to stun your noob azzzzzzzzzz

Multi was driving me nuts today. A guy was walking in a group of people that looked like him, and I knew which one he was, but he smoke bombed me before I could get the kill because I couldn't get the game to target the right person. Ugh.

bread's done
Back