Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

I'm actually having fun with this game on the for both the single player and multiplayer. I'm not completely horrible with the MP either which is nice.

[quote name='Master Troll']I'm down for a game night. Got this game yesterday @ noon and finished the singleplayer this evening. [/QUOTE]

That quick for SP? How many hours did it take?

[quote name='Hell Monkey']That quick for SP? How many hours did it take?[/QUOTE]

Took me about 11 hours according to Raptr (I did all of my SP before MP).

I actually spent quite a bit of time exploring as well. It's above average, but not as long as AC2.

[quote name='Hell Monkey']Well we seem to have some interest in a CAG evening. Do we want to try something this Saturday maybe?[/QUOTE]

I'm cool with this Saturday.

Played some SP today and I am really impressed. Ubisoft did great with this game. For some reason, it feels more like Assassin's Creed 1 than 2 for me. I don't know about you guys, but AC2 was not that great in my opinion. Story was good and all, but I really hated the climbing. It felt sluggish and just not right half the time. It was like they took a step back from the AC1 climbing. This game is perfect though, so far. Only got about 2 hours in though.

Played a game of wanted as well and it was surprisingly very fun. Hopefully, the MP is a success and people keep playing it. I would love to see another MP that isn't an FPS become really popular. Maybe we'll start getting more creative MP games like this instead of just the same old boring stuff.

You guys can add me if you need another for your group.

I'd be up for doing a CAG evening. Unfortunately, I'm out of town this weekend and can't do it on Saturday. If we happen to do it again after this weekend, though, I should be free.

Well only one person good for this weekend and others with plans. How about we plan for Friday 3rd of December? It's not quite weekend but is a day most folk don't have to work the next day but shouldn't mess with plans.(plus further away from Thanksgiving)

(though if any CAGers see me on feel free to invite me to a game)

[quote name='Hell Monkey']Well only one person good for this weekend and others with plans. How about we plan for Friday 3rd of December? It's not quite weekend but is a day most folk don't have to work the next day but shouldn't mess with plans.(plus further away from Thanksgiving)

(though if any CAGers see me on feel free to invite me to a game)[/QUOTE]
Dec 3rd I definitely can't make.

Wow this game is a ton of fun. I just went ahead and killed a 5/10 difficulty Borgia captain by being a stealthy bastard. I tried running in there and just killing everyone, but the heavy weapon enemies were proving to be really difficult to kill. I then started sneaking around and it was awesome. Kill about 4 groups of 2 without them so much as even seeing me and then the Borgia captain got shot to finish him off. They really refined the stealth aspect of the game. In AC1/2 it felt like no matter how much you tried sneaking aruond, someone would always magically spot you. Not anymore though.

we need to do a poll for the best weekend night to do a game night. im away from home this weekend so it wouldnt have been a good time to do so. either way after this weekend im good for whatever date.

[quote name='Rodimus']There can be other CAG get togethers. It's not like this has to be to one and only one.[/QUOTE]

NO THIS IS IT!!!

hehehe j/k..that is very true.

[quote name='LeafPanda']Getting this game soon from Amazon, but is it bad that this is the first AC game that I'm getting?[/QUOTE]
No not really. The beginning of the game catches you up by giving you a recap of the first two games.

Started on some DaVinci stuff and am impressed that they were finally able to pull off believable stealth missions. That's a huge bonus because neither 1 nor 2 has been successful at it.

[quote name='LeafPanda']Getting this game soon from Amazon, but is it bad that this is the first AC game that I'm getting?[/QUOTE]

Well yeah AC2 is the best start imo really but AC:B improves on everything that AC2 improved on AC so you're good either way. It basically comes down to do you want to play and discover the story or just be told what happens and play on from there? Something similar to Mass Effect 2 on the PS3 I believe.

I have yet to open my copy since I havent played ACII yet, but I will do so to play some multi with CAGs. I am open to doing so this weekend for a bit, as long as no one minds that I will be clueless on how to play. I just like to have fun. :D

If anyone wants to add me as a friend to play a game or two, my XBL name is MattNY. Just include a msg that says CAG or AC:B so I know where its from.

Digging the multiplayer, and I know there's a brief tutorial in the beginning, but it would've been nice to have had some description of the online game modes in the manual. Don't know why they cheaped out on the manual.

[quote name='whiptcracker']Digging the multiplayer, and I know there's a brief tutorial in the beginning, but it would've been nice to have had some description of the online game modes in the manual. Don't know why they cheaped out on the manual.[/QUOTE]
Yeah that manual was pretty bad. Anyway you should get cracking on leveling up in the multiplayer. Lower level players have a HUGE disadvantage.

as much as I love the multiplayer in this game, matchmaking is complete shit. it takes a frustrating amount of time to get into a game and if you were going to give higher ranked people that kind of advantage you should have the option to play with people close to your level.

[quote name='exileinoblivion']as much as I love the multiplayer in this game, matchmaking is complete shit. it takes a frustrating amount of time to get into a game and if you were going to give higher ranked people that kind of advantage you should have the option to play with people close to your level.[/QUOTE]
This. I was only able to get in 5 matches with like 5 hours worth of multiplayer.

I concur. I actually watched an entire 30 minute show waiting to get into a match. (kept checking throughout then flipping back to the TV)

I find that if matchmaking is taking a long time, back out and try again. Sometimes this gets me into a match almost immediately.

Yep, I read somewhere (Cheapy tweet?) that it had improved, but I've seen no difference. It took about 6 tries earlier today to get one match; one time it had 8/8 people but never started. On the other side, Hot Pursuit has been fantastic at getting games going for me. I really hope Bro gets patched for this problem.

Just got this game and immediately jumped into multiplayer, only to get repeatedly slayed over and over again. Still fun though, add me if you want.

[quote name='DrMunkee']Took me about 11 hours according to Raptr (I did all of my SP before MP).

I actually spent quite a bit of time exploring as well. It's above average, but not as long as AC2.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure how much you explored and did side missions or whatever, but I went nearly 18 hours before completion. I did spend a lot of time upgrading my assassins and doing a decent amount of sidequests, though. I say decent because there was a lot I didn't do, I could easily see this game lasting around the 25 hour mark for someone that wants to do the majority of the side quests and what not.

[quote name='exileinoblivion']as much as I love the multiplayer in this game, matchmaking is complete shit. it takes a frustrating amount of time to get into a game and if you were going to give higher ranked people that kind of advantage you should have the option to play with people close to your level.[/QUOTE]

Which gametype are you guys trying to get into? I had problems with getting into the everyone vs everyone gametype, but the team deathmatch gametype worked almost instantly for me each time.

[quote name='whiptcracker']Which gametype are you guys trying to get into? I had problems with getting into the everyone vs everyone gametype, but the team deathmatch gametype worked almost instantly for me each time.[/QUOTE]

I've noticed this too, Wanted seems to have a lot more problems than the team matches.

[quote name='Mixer236']I'm not sure how much you explored and did side missions or whatever, but I went nearly 18 hours before completion. I did spend a lot of time upgrading my assassins and doing a decent amount of sidequests, though. I say decent because there was a lot I didn't do, I could easily see this game lasting around the 25 hour mark for someone that wants to do the majority of the side quests and what not.[/QUOTE]

I think that sounds about right. I've spent a ton of time playing over the past couple weeks, but I've been doing lots of sidequests and the like.

I'm sure you can breeze through the main story pretty quickly if you so choose, but half the fun in the game is doing all of the extras in the open world.

[quote name='BingoBrown']I think that sounds about right. I've spent a ton of time playing over the past couple weeks, but I've been doing lots of sidequests and the like.

I'm sure you can breeze through the main story pretty quickly if you so choose, but half the fun in the game is doing all of the extras in the open world.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. I'm no completionist by any means, but it's just plain fun taking down all the towers and going for all the Romulus quests. There's tons of stuff to do though, the game will last as long as the player wants it to, which is something that I'd definitely like to see more of.

I've got no problem with them making this a yearly series as long as they can keep pumping out quality titles like this.

I took a break from the singleplayer last night to check out the multiplayer. Wow. I went from lvl1 to lvl14, I think I played for over 2 hours maybe close to 3. Initially it took about 5-7 mins to get into a match but no problems getting a match since then.

Only played wanted. The game type where you hunt and are hunted. Loads of fun. Getting the Strong Closer achievement was pretty crazy. I got the last kill to put me at #1 with like 2seconds left. Can't wait to play more.

Does anyone know how they did the opening trailer if you don't hit "start" at the loading screen? It looks insanely good and I can't bring myself to believe that it is purely animation.

I have such a love/hate relationship with game's multiplayer. I like that's more cerebral than your typical online game, but holy shit does it have issues. There are always several people who play the game Run n' Gun style, and the game isn't balanced enough against that to keep them from winning. Sure, they might get fewer points for each kill, but they can usually get more kills too -- not to mention the game does reward you for some obvious kills, like leaping down.

I just get so frustrated at all of the times I:

-get spawned so close to my pursuer that I'm killed within 10 seconds of spawning, or never even make it close to my target
-at how impossible it can be to try and stun an opponent
-how there is no defense against your pursuer but some variation of running away
-the ridiculous range that someone can kill you from. I've run past my pursuers and started climbing a building only to be warped back to them and shown dying.

And so many other little things I hate when I'm playing. The moment one person starts running around like a dipshit, everyone has to because, well, his pursuer needs to run to catch up, and that person's pursuer too, etc. The number of times I've played a game where everyone played it stealthily is fewer than five. I was promised a much more cat-and-mouse game than what I feel I've gotten.

When the game plays out like it should, I love it. There's been some really creative use of powers; one guy got me by using Morph on the group I was hiding in and spotting me that way. But it's so seldom that it plays out that way that I, who try to be sneaky and stealthy, always place fifth or worse. I just can never get to my target in time before dying. Am I supposed to sprint to get close and then act sneaky? But then my pursuer can spot me. Argh, it's frustrating.

Heh... it can be frustrating. A few things in response to your points:

1. I find the hidden gun to be really handy (once it's unlocked of course) because that can deal with the run'n'gun players. If they are all over the place, just shoot them and you move on to someone else.

2. Stunning is underpowered, but even the tool tips tell you that it is really not something to rely on. However, in combination with smoke bombs it can get you a ton of points. I average probably 3 stuns a game with smoke bombs. It's worth trying out. And something I didn't exactly realize until just now (and I am a level 19) is that when you are evading people as soon as the line of sight is brokwn get into a hidden location including bench sitting, disguise in a group, jump in some hay... they cause your chase timer to go down MUCH quicker and gets you points.

3. Running - Its a subtle art but there is strategy to doing it maybe more than you think. If no one is actively hunting you... RUN. No point not to. If about 30-45 seconds has passed with someone hunting you, time a good run through a chase breaker to try and gain some new distance. because most likely someone is on you at that point.

Just trying to help out a bit. If you want, invite me into a game and I'll play stealthy.

[quote name='faceturd']Heh... it can be frustrating. A few things in response to your points:

1. I find the hidden gun to be really handy (once it's unlocked of course) because that can deal with the run'n'gun players. If they are all over the place, just shoot them and you move on to someone else.

2. Stunning is underpowered, but even the tool tips tell you that it is really not something to rely on. However, in combination with smoke bombs it can get you a ton of points. I average probably 3 stuns a game with smoke bombs. It's worth trying out. And something I didn't exactly realize until just now (and I am a level 19) is that when you are evading people as soon as the line of sight is brokwn get into a hidden location including bench sitting, disguise in a group, jump in some hay... they cause your chase timer to go down MUCH quicker and gets you points.

3. Running - Its a subtle art but there is strategy to doing it maybe more than you think. If no one is actively hunting you... RUN. No point not to. If about 30-45 seconds has passed with someone hunting you, time a good run through a chase breaker to try and gain some new distance. because most likely someone is on you at that point.

Just trying to help out a bit. If you want, invite me into a game and I'll play stealthy.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reply. I appreciate the advice. I didn't know about the timer going down quicker if you hide in a crowd. As for running, good point -- I'll try that next time.

I've gotten somewhat better since I posted, as I'm getting a bit better about picking out who may be following me from a crowd and running through a door if I think they are. I've also found a great combination if I'm getting chased is to get out of their line of sight, find a crowd, blend into it, then use Morph and Disguise in that order. You'd be surprised how often that can work.

I'll keep at it and try not to despair too much in the future if it's going less than well. :) Thanks.

Made it to level 21 tonight.

Overall I'm really enjoying the multi-player, the only things that bug me are the guns and people who spend 90% of the match on top of buildings. Also the messages after you die like "your killer observed you throw a smoke bomb" yea no crap.

EDIT: Oh my GT is huggs937 add me if you like. Fair warning though I work third shift so I play really late and early morning and I don't like to pull my headset out, so don't expect to chat :D.

[quote name='natiev']Made it to level 21 tonight.

Overall I'm really enjoying the multi-player, the only things that bug me are the guns and people who spend 90% of the match on top of buildings.[/QUOTE]

Ohhh... now you have templar vision right? Very nice ability. I think guns get a bad name because you can kill from a distance. But it really is an important balancer for the game. The kills aren't worth much 100-150pts. is my max with them. And it is the only real way to deal with roof runners. Without it you 90% roof people would be 100%.

I played about 12 matches last night and got to level 10. All of them were Wanted matches and I even won a couple, never finishing lower than 5th. I get 300-400 points per kill because I stalk people silently on the ground.

bread's done
Back