Assassin's Creed - Gen. Discussion & Info

Does that not have sound or is it just acting odd on my end? Looks like the "lonely souls" demo from ubidays though.

edit: bleh flashmute was on. Yes that's the ubidays trailer.

Hopefully they fix that glitch where the body was floating in the air.

But yes, that video was amazing, especially the chase! Instant day 1 purchase for me!

Also, when that lady said "This is a trap", did anyone else thing of Admiral Ackbar from Star Wars? :lol:

U mean from robot chicken or from the actual movie. Im not going to lie i saw the demo and i dont understand what you guys see in this game

[quote name='hootie']Also, when that lady said "This is a trap", did anyone else thing of Admiral Ackbar from Star Wars? :lol:[/QUOTE]
EDIT: Sorry, couldn't help it:

itsatrap.jpg

Possible spoiler if that Veronica Mars bitch hasn't ruined things for you:
I'm somewhat suprised at how much they are pushing the "futuristic" subtext. All the little flashes and targeting popups with tech-shapes. I wonder how early on they get into that aspect.

Overall I am really satisfied with the progress. Reading that Altair has over 10,000 animations is crazy. I just hope they speed up the multi-enemy combat a tad. I'd also like to see some of the recon missions, and more of the free roam gameplay to see how you gain quests from various factions.

edit: Ok it should be noted that the video with Jade's commentary is different from the one without her commentary. They are played slightly differently. I didn't know what people kept talking about with the "floating" bug, because that isn't in the non-commentary vid. Also the combat looks much smoother in the commentary vid.

Seems like once the timings on actions and sounds are worked out it will be great.

Wow. I'm sorry to be a Negative Nancy, but I'm disappointed. My first reaction was "This looks like shit," but upon further consideration, I think that is too drastic.

It looks okay, but not up to the hype by far. I keep hearing about how good the animation is, but I just didn't see it in that demo. They have 10,000 animations for Altair, but they don't have a turn-around animation?? How much longer are we going to have to see characters go from facing forward to facing the opposite direction in a twitch? Overall, the animation looked stiff and canned. The combat didn't look that great either.

I'm focusing on little things right now, but overall I guess it just didn't have near the polish I was expecting. I appreciate the work the developers are doing, and the new, innovative ideas they're pushing, but I was expecting Ninja Gaiden-quality polish. Instead, it's shaping up to be just as I feared: Prince of Persia 2007.

Serves me right for buying into the hype. But shit, how can you tell hype from straight-out BS nowadays? People were pushing this to be the next huge classic game, but it looks like it's not any better than good. I guess people just want some of these new games to be classics so bad that they fool themselves into believing that is the case.

By the way I'm referring to the media, not to any fans of the game.

Good Lord, this game looks fantastic.

Seanr: Spider Pig, Spider Pig, does whatever a Spider Pig does... That movie is going to be something great.

Wow, this game is going to kick ass, barely got a chance to see the full E3 gameplay demo. Very nice, except for the floating body :lol:. Also the chick hosting the demo sucked...seems like they didn't rehearse. Looks great though, day one purchase for me!

The gameplay looks really cool, hopefully they'll iron out the glitches.

Anybody know what the hell was up with that white text like stuff that would pop up on random enemies? was that a glitch or something?

[quote name='road3283']The gameplay looks really cool, hopefully they'll iron out the glitches.

Anybody know what the hell was up with that white text like stuff that would pop up on random enemies? was that a glitch or something?[/quote]

Fairly sure thats part of the game, that whole aspect of 'Is this real? is it a computer simulation?' thing...

[quote name='road3283']The gameplay looks really cool, hopefully they'll iron out the glitches.

Anybody know what the hell was up with that white text like stuff that would pop up on random enemies? was that a glitch or something?[/quote]

My guess, is that its a visual thing to lock on targets. Some games display little arrows above the targets head, this game highlights them in blue matrix-like code.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Also the chick hosting the demo sucked...[/QUOTE]

Send her over here please...she is hot.

Heh. I think the guy playing the demo was doing things out of order to mess with her. All the dev diaries she's done have been pretty good so far.

I'd rather listen to her commentary over CliffyB's anyday.

I haven't really kept up with this game too much, but I too was disappointed by the trailer. The animation looked really, really clusmy, and the main character kept bumping into people that were like a foot away from him.

They showed a different build at the Ubi conference. Looks better IMO, and also shows different aspects including UI and chase. Contact seems a bit more precise, but there is less of it so maybe not.

Gametrailers has the three parts of it (won't embed with the media tags for some reason)

I'm guessing they were more limited for time at the MS conference and had to show the one they did. Who knows.

I think I am changing my signature...

*puts head down in shame*

WHY do developers have to do this sh-it?! Its ussually peices of crap developers like Ubisoft that dont take care in their games. They are so sloppy and unorganized.

They take a beautiful game and just take out their di-cks and jizz all over them.
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/21779.html

Interefaces are NOT attractive. GLOWING targeted characters ARE NOT ATTRACTIVE!

And also coupled with the standard Ubisoft unpolish and glitches galore, textures popping in and out, its just saddening to see what they do with their titles. When you have a sloppy thrown on interface (interfaces are ussually last to be put together but the idea is ussually the same) you know the developer does not have care for the game.

Ugh, im in disgust with the game.

... Uncharted or Killzone is going to be my next signature.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']I think I am changing my signature...

*puts head down in shame*

WHY do developers have to do this sh-it?! Its ussually peices of crap developers like Ubisoft that dont take care in their games. They are so sloppy and unorganized.

They take a beautiful game and just take out their di-cks and jizz all over them.
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/21779.html

Interefaces are NOT attractive. GLOWING targeted characters ARE NOT ATTRACTIVE!

And also coupled with the standard Ubisoft unpolish and glitches galore, textures popping in and out, its just saddening to see what they do with their titles. When you have a sloppy thrown on interface (interfaces are ussually last to be put together but the idea is ussually the same) you know the developer does not have care for the game.

Ugh, im in disgust with the game.

... Uncharted or Killzone is going to be my next signature.[/QUOTE]

I'm with you there. This latest preview actually made me change my mind about the game. They're only 4 months away (more like 3 months) and the game is looking really buggy, laggy, and weird. The pedestrians are clones of each other and animate in the exact same way. They repeat the same phrases. The combat looks kind of basic and backwards.

This game went from a serious GOTY contender to a rental almost. I really hope Ubisoft fixes this, I expect more from the Prince of Persia team.

[quote name='Requiem']I'm with you there. This latest preview actually made me change my mind about the game. They're only 4 months away (more like 3 months) and the game is looking really buggy, laggy, and weird. The pedestrians are clones of each other and animate in the exact same way. They repeat the same phrases. The combat looks kind of basic and backwards.

This game went from a serious GOTY contender to a rental almost. I really hope Ubisoft fixes this, I expect more from the Prince of Persia team.[/quote]

And I think Jade Raymond mentioned on G4 that they are just entering the Bugging phase...

If thats true, they are fucked. 4 Months for bugging a game is not enough time.

Frontlines will be in test for a year.

[quote name='Requiem']I'm with you there. This latest preview actually made me change my mind about the game. They're only 4 months away (more like 3 months) and the game is looking really buggy, laggy, and weird. The pedestrians are clones of each other and animate in the exact same way. They repeat the same phrases. The combat looks kind of basic and backwards.

This game went from a serious GOTY contender to a rental almost. I really hope Ubisoft fixes this, I expect more from the Prince of Persia team.[/quote]

When I made that Prince of Persia comment above, I had no idea that this was the Prince of Persia team (I don't really keep track of developers or studios or anything). I was so not impressed by PoP; it had good ideas, but not much polish. No wonder Assassin's Creed looks like it will be more of the same.

I think they just have the info wrong, as the rest of it matches the IGN news story about the LE, which said 12 inch.

also the play-asia one was for the asian release, and most of those are cheaper than the US releases.

[quote name='lordwow']Pretty cool achievements...

I think that the cat's out of the bag with:

See 85% of all the memory glitches.
[/quote]

Yeah...I've accepted that things are crazy since that Veronica Mars bitch spoiled it a year ago.

[quote name='PyroGamer']Hoping for a demo.

This game definitely needs one.[/QUOTE]

Not gonna happen. Of of the podcast personalities asked Jade about it and she said due to the type of game it is (sandbox), a demo wouldn't get across the feel they are going for with the game. So don't get your hopes up.

[quote name='Surferflames']Yeah...I've accepted that things are crazy since that Veronica Mars bitch spoiled it a year ago.[/QUOTE]
Shit, EGM spoiled it for me like 2 years ago in their first preview.

I just want to play the game for myself already.

Theres a writeup in the newest issue of EGM about the game. They were pretty worried about it.

Some of their biggest concerns:

- Unecessarily complex controls, very hard to reproduce the smooth jumping and climbing motions seen in the vids. They had to hold down multiple buttons to accomplish one action. Controls seemed unresponsive at times.

Example: To bound from rooftoop to rooftop, hold down the right trigger, AND the A button, then run with the right stick. If you miss a jump, you then have to hit B to catch the edge to something to save yourself.

All four limbs are mapped to the four face buttons.

- Combat is boring

- Environments: as in, are there any besides outdoor desert marketplaces?

- A.I. Its been mentioned before, you jump off a roof into a cart full of hay and no one around you reacts.

I will definitely be waiting on some reviews before I even think about picking this up.

[quote name='Puffa469']Theres a writeup in the newest issue of EGM about the game. They were pretty worried about it.

Some of their biggest concerns:

- Unecessarily complex controls, very hard to reproduce the smooth jumping and climbing motions seen in the vids. They had to hold down multiple buttons to accomplish one action. Controls seemed unresponsive at times.

Example: To bound from rooftoop to rooftop, hold down the right trigger, AND the A button, then run with the right stick. If you miss a jump, you then have to hit B to catch the edge to something to save yourself.

All four limbs are mapped to the four face buttons.

- Combat is boring

- Environments: as in, are there any besides outdoor desert marketplaces?

- A.I. Its been mentioned before, you jump off a roof into a cart full of hay and no one around you reacts.

I will definitely be waiting on some reviews before I even think about picking this up.[/quote]

They retracted their statements.

And you can tell by how uniformed they are by them saying, "You run with the right analog stick".

You run with the left. And I hope the controlls are hard to master. =)

I'm definitely not excited about this anymore. I watched a gameplay vid and like 20 guards attacked him one by one. They didn't help each other or attack him at once. It was like a bad movie cliche.

I'll have to wait for awhile to see what people think about it before I plop down 65 bones, but I hope they fixed it.

[quote name='blackflag']I'm definitely not excited about this anymore. I watched a gameplay vid and like 20 guards attacked him one by one. They didn't help each other or attack him at once. It was like a bad movie cliche.

I'll have to wait for awhile to see what people think about it before I plop down 65 bones, but I hope they fixed it.[/quote]
Same thing with melee Riddick, but that game was still great :p

I'd prefer a "gentlemen" system like that instead of being ass-raped by 20 guards. Mind you I'm still not interested in the slightest for picking this game up.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']They retracted their statements.

And you can tell by how uniformed they are by them saying, "You run with the right analog stick".

You run with the left. And I hope the controlls are hard to master. =)[/quote]

I thought running with the right stick was an example of the whacky controls.

Can you link to EGM 'retracting' their statements?

The article I was referencing was after they initially panned the game, Ubisoft gave them a new hands on, and the impressions I papraphrased were from that second hands on. Although some things were better/fixed, they still had alot of problems with the game.

I cant help but feel that this game is going to be mediocre at best.

[quote name='Corvin']Not gonna happen. Of of the podcast personalities asked Jade about it and she said due to the type of game it is (sandbox), a demo wouldn't get across the feel they are going for with the game. So don't get your hopes up.[/quote]

Probably bullshit. Most games that are rushed don't have demos to hide the fact the game is all busted to hell and on its way to the manufacturing facility.

I might cancel my preorder. It's not an online game, so there's no party to arrive late to by waiting and getting it for $40.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']Probably bullshit. Most games that are rushed don't have demos to hide the fact the game is all busted to hell and on its way to the manufacturing facility.

I might cancel my preorder. It's not an online game, so there's no party to arrive late to by waiting and getting it for $40.[/quote]

Most ignorant comment ever. I hope your copy goes to a more deserving customer that'll enjoy the game and that'll gain from your losses.

i think i'll be waiting on this one. i was completely stoked about it until e3 and the one by one attacking is just the next step down. plus,i have little faith in ubisoft as a company after red steel.

Wow, does everyone on these forums hate this game? It looks like my GOTY. It's a medieval aged game where you play an assassin looking for your target in a big town where you can scale anything. That sounds awesome.

(warning incoming fanboy comment)

Oh I forgot, the only thing you Xbots like is PWNING noobs with your clan on Halo... "IF I ACNT PWN NOOBS ONLINE! THEN WASTS DUH POINT!?"

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Wow, does everyone on these forums hate this game? It looks like my GOTY. It's a medieval aged game where you play an assassin looking for your target in a big town where you can scale anything. That sounds awesome.

Oh I forgot, the only thing you Xbots like is PWNING noobs with your clan on Halo... "IF I ACNT PWN NOOBS ONLINE! THEN WASTS DUH POINT!?"[/quote]

Psssst, Altair is not a medieval assasin. He's really from the Fuuuuuuuture!

Thats why they havent shown any other levels, cos Im betting half of the game takes place on a spaceship.

Im no Halo fanboy as Ive expressed numerous times. And I generally like Ubisoft as a developer. But sooo many people are like Zomg! GOTY!!!

Honestly how can a game be GOTY when none of you have played it. And the people who have played it say it has alot of problems. I agree that the idea of the game is awesome, but what Ive seen soo far it underwhelming to say the least.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Wow, does everyone on these forums hate this game? It looks like my GOTY. It's a medieval aged game where you play an assassin looking for your target in a big town where you can scale anything. That sounds awesome.

Oh I forgot, the only thing you Xbots like is PWNING noobs with your clan on Halo... "IF I ACNT PWN NOOBS ONLINE! THEN WASTS DUH POINT!?"[/quote]

I play Halo a lot and I'm still stoked for AC.

I knew not to preorder. The premise for the game is outstanding but the videos made it seem like this could bomb... very hard. Once reviews surface I'll decide to order or not. Too many games coming out to buy a crappy game that just sits.

bread's done
Back