Assassin's Creed - Gen. Discussion & Info

OK, Jade Raymond is demo'ing AC on Attack of the Show on G4 Live right now.

Altair jumps off the top of a tower and into a cart full of hay, and NO ONE REACTS. This is a current build of the game being demo'd LIVE. It looks like nothing has changed.

And when you target enemies in combat, they get this weird glow with Matrix like digital artifacts all around them. It looks STUPID. And of course the other 3 guards stand there like dumbasses waiting for you to kill their buddy.

And of course it was still that same old Jerusalem level.

The only thing that looked good was the climbing elements, which looked like they were ripped right out of the last 2 Tomb Raider games.

Todays episode of AOTS will be replayed tonight at 11pm on G4, Jade doesnt come out till near the end of the show.

She looked GREAT btw, but the game looks like total MEH...

[quote name='Puffa469']OK, Jade Raymond is demo'ing AC on Attack of the Show on G4 Live right now.

Altair jumps off the top of a tower and into a cart full of hay, and NO ONE REACTS. This is a current build of the game being demo'd LIVE. It looks like nothing has changed.

And when you target enemies in combat, they get this weird glow with Matrix like digital artifacts all around them. It looks STUPID. And of course the other 3 guards stand there like dumbasses waiting for you to kill their buddy.

And of course it was still that same old Jerusalem level.

The only thing that looked good was the climbing elements, which looked like they were ripped right out of the last 2 Tomb Raider games.

Todays episode of AOTS will be replayed tonight at 11pm on G4, Jade doesnt come out till near the end of the show.

She looked GREAT btw, but the game looks like total MEH...[/QUOTE]

You do know the last two Tomb Raider games borrowed a ton of elements from other games right? I wouldn't be surprised if the climbing was ripped off of Prince of Persia.

And I'm glad they only show the Jerusalem level. There will be other areas, but I don't want them to be spoiled so I'm fine.

And that same demo was shown at E3. I don't care if no one reacts, if everyone gasped and then went about their business would that make you happy?

EDIT: Just wanted to clarify that most of this isn't directed at you. People are complaining about the jumping off the building part, but I can't really think of a way the game would have been better if everyone just turned and looked at you.

In a game where they're hyping the crowd reactions, and using those reactions to help with your missions, them not reacting to a man falling 50 feet into a pile of hay is silly.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']In a game where they're hyping the crowd reactions, and using those reactions to help with your missions, them not reacting to a man falling 50 feet into a pile of hay is silly.[/quote]

Exactly. No it wont make or break the game. But it looks extremely weird and really takes you out of the moment. Its a mood killer.

Im sure Tomb Raider took their climbing from other games, I meant that the climbing looked good in AC, just like in Laras games. Like Ive said before, I dont think the game is gonna suck, it just seems 'average' to me.

Every time I jumped 50 feet into a pile of hay, or manure, nobody reacted at all. Even from 75 feet nobody really did anything.

[quote name='pittpizza']Every time I jumped 50 feet into a pile of hay, or manure, nobody reacted at all. Even from 75 feet nobody really did anything.[/quote]

Bullshit. I peed on you the last time you jumped into that cart full of manure. ;)

I really want AC to be a great game, but I am not getting my hopes up. Ubisoft is known for making great games with game ending glitches(Prince of Persia I am looking at you). but now that we can get patches at will, I don't really have to worry about it. I am with holding judgement. Like I said, I am hoping that this game is awesome. I just don't want it do be a dissapointment for me from getting to hyped up.

[quote name='Kendal']
I really want AC to be a great game, but I am not getting my hopes up. Ubisoft is known for making great games with game ending glitches(Prince of Persia I am looking at you). but now that we can get patches at will, I don't really have to worry about it. I am with holding judgement. Like I said, I am hoping that this game is awesome. I just don't want it do be a dissapointment for me from getting to hyped up.[/QUOTE]
Pretty much how I feel. I really want the game to be good, but i'm remaining very skeptical. I know the team can do really good games (PoP1 and PoP3), but they have made some garbage (PoP2).

[quote name='Puffa469']And when you target enemies in combat, they get this weird glow with Matrix like digital artifacts all around them. It looks STUPID. And of course the other 3 guards stand there like dumbasses waiting for you to kill their buddy.[/quote]
OK, you do know that the game has a sci-fi element to it, right? I'm thinking this may be one of those things that tie in later on in the game.

I'm really looking forward to this game; if it was a linear experience I would pass but considering it's a sandbox style it has me hyped. I like doing things my own way and really hope this gives me that freedom.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Pretty much how I feel. I really want the game to be good, but i'm remaining very skeptical. I know the team can do really good games (PoP1 and PoP3), but they have made some garbage (PoP2).[/QUOTE]
I liked PoP2 the best out of the 3. Sure they tried to give it the more adult theme, but it was still great.

[quote name='whoknows']I liked PoP2 the best out of the 3. Sure they tried to give it the more adult theme, but it was still great.[/QUOTE]
You honestly have the strangest taste in games I have ever seen. Lair, Sonic, PoP2. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, I'm just genuinely surprised.

Well at least I know that if you end up liking AC I shouldn't buy it. j/k

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']You honestly have the strangest taste in games I have ever seen. Lair, Sonic, PoP2. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, I'm just genuinely surprised.

Well at least I know that if you end up liking AC I shouldn't buy it. j/k[/QUOTE]
Hey, PoP2 has ~85% at gamerankings. Far from garbage.

Besides, I'm sure you like your share of mediocre games (in fact I know you do from previous posts ;) )

Biggest Koei fan on the forum! I know all about loving mediocre games!

I don't read reviews. As far as I'm concerned (and most people who like the PoP trilogy), PoP2 was easily the weak link.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku'] I know all about loving mediocre games!
[/quote]

/stands up

Hi, my name is Puffa and Im addicted to Armored Core games...

so was watching south park and they advertised this game during every commercial break lol
saw like 1 new commercial and around 3 new trailers

I saw those trailers too, all in game footage...looks badass. I'm so glad I haven't read up on this game. Don't really know much about it just basicaly what I saw in the trailers tonight.

The Game Informer review is promising, but it is Game Informer who I don't agree with a lot, however, the high score it got leads me to believe that its going to be decent as I rarely find a game rated 9 or 10 "bad", but there are times when I don't necessarily agree. Famitsu also gave it a relatively high score.

I was at Gamestop today and just pre-ordered it. I was hedging a bit and I did this before reading the review. I have been looking forward to it since I saw the debut video at the Barcelona conference and if its disappointing so be it. It'll be easy to flip if it sucks.

[quote name='archibishopthedoge']The Game Informer review is promising, but it is Game Informer who I don't agree with a lot, however, the high score it got leads me to believe that its going to be decent as I rarely find a game rated 9 or 10 "bad", but there are times when I don't necessarily agree. Famitsu also gave it a relatively high score.
[/quote]

I think that's whats going to happen with this game. For instance, I hated Halo3, but I can admit it's a good game worthy of a decent score. I have a feeling some people just wont "get" assassin's creed, but will admire it's quality.

[quote name='Surferflames']I think that's whats going to happen with this game. For instance, I hated Halo3, but I can admit it's a good game worthy of a decent score. I have a feeling some people just wont "get" assassin's creed, but will admire it's quality.[/quote]

I for one will get it, "get" it, and admire its quality.

My sentiments exaclty as to Halo 3. I bought it for its MP, breezed through co-op campaign and havent even played a MP match v. other players. I really need to try it out i just dont feel like getting owned for the first couple of matches.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I saw those trailers too, all in game footage...looks badass. I'm so glad I haven't read up on this game. Don't really know much about it just basicaly what I saw in the trailers tonight.[/QUOTE]

I've been trying to avoid previews/trailers for this, Mass Effect and SMG. Of the three this was the one I was unsure of the most. After seeing those trailers, all worries are gone!

My gf is really into getting this, because she's really into Middle Eastern History. So, I'll probably get her to buy it, and I'll play it while she watches.

[quote name='deadite76']I've been trying to avoid previews/trailers for this, Mass Effect and SMG. Of the three this was the one I was unsure of the most. After seeing those trailers, all worries are gone![/quote]

Dude, I hate it. It's really hard.

It's like something you love and you want to see everything on it, but i'm trying so hard not to see anything. It killed me to skip the AC commercials and the Attack of the Show demo...

I wish I didn't watch the trailers, but probably for different reasons than you guys are having. (I wish I could brain-pan that trailer with the terribly-out-of-place music from my mind, but I can't :()

[quote name='Surferflames']I think that's whats going to happen with this game. For instance, I hated Halo3, but I can admit it's a good game worthy of a decent score. I have a feeling some people just wont "get" assassin's creed, but will admire it's quality.[/quote]

Thats a great point. Theres a big difference between a game being bad, as in having glitches, bad ai, poor level layout, etc. And someone just not liking a game cos they're not into the genre or setting or whatever.

[quote name='deadite76']I've been trying to avoid previews/trailers for this, Mass Effect and SMG. Of the three this was the one I was unsure of the most. After seeing those trailers, all worries are gone![/QUOTE]

:lol: No interest in Mass Effect, but I've also avoided pretty much everything about Mario Galaxy and Assassin's Creed. I want to be blown away when I boot them up.

I don't know. I really don't want 4 games to play right now. I really had no interest in COD4 but I played it last night and it was sweat. Maybe cause I dominated my friend who had the game but it was still really cool for a fps.

Games Radar has their review up. They gave it a 10. I started reading until they warned of spoilers. I stopped but now I can't wait. I feared this game would suck. It would seem it does not. There is something about it that completely intrigues me.

Games Radar Review

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I saw those trailers too, all in game footage...looks badass. I'm so glad I haven't read up on this game. Don't really know much about it just basicaly what I saw in the trailers tonight.[/QUOTE]

Keep that up! There are ton of spoilers that you want to avoid. I played it at E3 06 and I knew then it was my GoY no matter what year it came out.

Well my excitement level has been re-amped up for this. I went from crazy excited when announced, to tempered this summer reading the fears by reviewers, back right up.

While its only 3 or 4 reviews right now that Ive read, everyone is gushing over it. Can't wait till Tuesday and very glad I pre-ordered now :D

Got my hands on it. The game looks amazing. The premise on how they setup the storyline seems a bit weak so far, but maybe it'll get better as it goes on.

[quote name='seanr1221']I wonder which system will have the better version, any word yet?[/QUOTE]
Any time something is multiplatform, it will likely be better on the 360, as developers will use the 360 dev. kit, and port it over, from there, to That Triple.

This is especially true, being that this is an Ubisoft title.

[quote name='Bezerker']Got my hands on it. The game looks amazing. The premise on how they setup the storyline seems a bit weak so far, but maybe it'll get better as it goes on.[/quote]

howd you get it?

[quote name='Brak']Any time something is multiplatform, it will likely be better on the 360, as developers will use the 360 dev. kit, and port it over, from there, to That Triple.

This is especially true, being that this is an Ubisoft title.[/quote]

When it was first announced though, it was annoucned for ps3...

[quote name='Brak']Any time something is multiplatform, it will likely be better on the 360, as developers will use the 360 dev. kit, and port it over, from there, to That Triple.

This is especially true, being that this is an Ubisoft title.[/QUOTE]

Usually yea, but I thought the game started on the PS3?

Oh well, I dont understand any of it, I'll just wait and see. :bouncy:

Oh, yeah. I forgot about that.

Wasn't it a case of "hush money", though? Sony paid them to say that there were no current plans to release it on any other console.

It's likely that it was multiplatform, from the get-go.

It doesn't help that, I recall, they had that demonstration at some gaming expo, during that exclusivity timeframe, where they were actually playing it on a 360, or whatever that was.

[quote name='Brak']Oh, yeah. I forgot about that.

Wasn't it a case of "hush money", though? Sony paid them to say that there were no current plans to release it on any other console.

It's likely that it was multiplatform, from the get-go.

It doesn't help that, I recall, they had that demonstration at some gaming expo, during that exclusivity timeframe, where they were actually playing it on a 360, or whatever that was.[/QUOTE]

:lol: I vaguely recall reading that somewhere (the playing on the 360 thing)

[quote name='seanr1221']Usually yea, but I thought the game started on the PS3?
[/QUOTE]

Like many, I thought the same but this is from Taffer on DVDTalk
No, it started development on the 360. Many people forget that the game was actually first announced at Microsoft's X05 event under the codename "Project Assassin."

What happened is that the following May at E3 '06 is that Ubisoft conveniently never mentioned the 360 version. They never said that it wasn't coming to the 360 though. Most people just assumed that since they never said anything about the 360 version that it was suddenly a PS3 exclusive. People apparently forgot that it was already announced half a year prior as a 360 game.

And the original X05 360 trailer:
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgxIoVYj890&eurl=http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=501399&page=2&pp=40[/media]

Anyone know why the ship date for this is Wednesday and not Tuesday? I would love to get this and SMG on the same day and save me a trip.

bread's done
Back