Assassin's Creed - Gen. Discussion & Info

The gamestop employees keep saying it is the 14th.

I said I think it'll probably come out the 13th and he said "Its the 14th, and if you don't believe me you can be kicked out." Afterwards he said, "Kidding" but it didnt sound like he was kidding. He seemed angry...

It is coming out the 14th. It ships the 13th.

Oh I see, you guys are confusing ship date and release date. It SHIPS Tuesday. It'll be in stores Wednesday.

[quote name='AshesofWake']so anybody want to spoiler what the big twist is in the game?[/quote]

It's a link to the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_7svQMjYuo&NR=1

[quote name='Razzuel']I don't know about this game. After watching this video

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/26570.html?type=flv

and hearing some opinions from E3, this game looks like it might be a let down.

Hopefully it is a great game but it's hard not to have doubts after seeing/hearing some of that stuff.[/quote]

The jumping and climbing parts look like alot of fun. But the combat looks like ass. I simply cannot watch FOUR enemy gaurds stand 3 feet away from the hero and not attack. They are BEHIND him and they just watch Altair kill the one gaurd in front of him. :roll:

Its hard to create a game with a normal guy taking on 5 guys at once and winning. It would be hard to do a realtime fight between you and 6 guys without getting hit by a sword at least once and dieing. I think this is a waiter for cheaper pastures even if it gets good reviews. I don't see a very lengthy game plus how much replay can their be. Personally, it takes a lot for me to ever replay a game and to this day I really don't ever remember me getting through a game a whole second time. I don't see myself as a casual gamer or anywhere near hardcore but I do respect a good game and will go out and pony 60 for it. If I spend 60 on a game I want at least 15 hours and possibly multiplayer. Although, I did buy bioshock knowing perfectly well what I was getting and was not let down. I haven't touched it since beating it but keep thinking of doing so cause I have 800/1000 achievement points. Tough world we live in.

[quote name='Chris Dillon']Its hard to create a game with a normal guy taking on 5 guys at once and winning.[/quote]
Other action games do it fine. You just have to make a combat system that can handle it. In DMC3 and NG, you'll have multiple guys beating on you most of the time. Yet it's no problem kicking all their asses, and looking cool while you do it, once you get the combat down.

The way the combat looks in AC is just another one of those little things that brings down a game that looks great in all other aspects.

Your not normal in DMC and can take a hit. I think if you get hit by a sword in real life you die. Thats what the baddies are carrying aren't they? I'm not saying its the best, but maybe it was the best they could do and still have a cool combat system.

It's great.

Different from what I expected, and I haven't put a lot of time in to it, but I am enjoying myself.

The controls do take sometime to get used to, and you will be attacked by more than one guy at a time.

[quote name='zewone']It's great.

Different from what I expected, and I haven't put a lot of time in to it, but I am enjoying myself.

The controls do take sometime to get used to, and you will be attacked by more than one guy at a time.[/QUOTE]

Worth 60$?

I can't say that yet.

I'm leaning towards no, but I would definitely pay $40-50.

Isn't someone selling it for $40 this week?

Oh, it's Frys, but not everyone can get in on that deal.

[quote name='ZerotypeX']howd you get it?[/quote]
If you have a chipped or modified firmware console, its been on the net for download for about 2 days now. A lot of people have it. At this one torrent site Im a member of, it had more seeders than anything else on the entire site.

I personally don't have it (I preordered and dont have a modified console) but theres plenty of people that do

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/assassinscreed?q=assassin's%20creed#critics

It's hard to put the sheer size and brilliance of Assassin's Creed into words. It is an epic game that you have to experience for yourself.

With its riveting story, beautiful visuals and surprisingly lifelike world, Assassin's Creed is an incredibly deep, enjoyable game that kept us addicted from beginning to bizarre end.

It’s a game people will still be talking about five years from now.

[quote name='Puffa469']The jumping and climbing parts look like alot of fun. But the combat looks like ass. I simply cannot watch FOUR enemy gaurds stand 3 feet away from the hero and not attack. They are BEHIND him and they just watch Altair kill the one gaurd in front of him. :roll:[/quote]

So you would prefer a game in which, you try and fight one person, while four others are stabbing you in the back(and sides)? Sometimes, in order to make it fair, and fun you have to make sacrfices in the games AI. Course, if it was the other way then everyone would be complaining about how "the cheao AI is unfair and constantly gangs up and kills you."

[quote name='thrustbucket']Why would you if you already have it?[/QUOTE]
What I meant, is more of a review.

I don't think $60 is a good price point, $40-50 is more in the range of how good the game is.

[quote name='zewone']What I meant, is more of a review.

I don't think $60 is a good price point, $40-50 is more in the range of how good the game is.[/quote]
Thats basically here nor there. $60 is the standard price for every game, aside from the occasional places that do deals which not everyone can get. It's either worth that or its not. If it's not it's just a rental or wait till used.

So, if you think its only worth 40-50 bucks, then its not worth buying new according to your logic.

[quote name='zewone']No, have you heard of deals?[/quote]
I mentioned deals (read the post), the fact is not everyone can get deals on the game. The best deal right now is Fry's which is not nationwide.

It's either worth $60 or its not worth buying new as thats the standard price that most people are going to pay or is it worth buying but ONLY if you can get a deal? Clarify your opinion.

[quote name='archibishopthedoge']Thats basically here nor there. $60 is the standard price for every game, aside from the occasional places that do deals which not everyone can get. It's either worth that or its not. If it's not it's just a rental or wait till used.

So, if you think its only worth 40-50 bucks, then its not worth buying new according to your logic.[/quote]

Don't be an ass -- if you go back and read the thread, someone (who does not have it yet) specifically asked if Assassin's Creed is worth $60.

You are right that there are other ways the question could have been asked (i.e. "should I buy it now, or rent it or wait to buy it used?") but I'm willing to go out on a limb and guess that everyone else reading this thread (with the possible exception of you) understands that "is it worth $60?" means "should I buy it on the day of release for retail?"

So why harass zewone for just directly answering a question?

[quote name='zewone']What I meant, is more of a review.

I don't think $60 is a good price point, $40-50 is more in the range of how good the game is.[/QUOTE]

Hehe, I don't mean to sound like a total dick but there is some heavy irony in someone who uses cash value of a game to rate it, when he himself won't pay a penny for any game if he can help it ;).

Has it been said how many hours it takes to beat the game?

I haven't looked at many previews for this game since I don't want anything to be spoiled, which is the same reason I haven't browsed this thread for my answer, so sorry if it has been answered.

[quote name='Ryukahn']Has it been said how many hours it takes to beat the game?

I haven't looked at many previews for this game since I don't want anything to be spoiled, which is the same reason I haven't browsed this thread for my answer, so sorry if it has been answered.[/quote]

So far reviewers have said roughly 20 hours to complete the main story if you rush through. It can take 40+ hours though if you complete all the side quests.

[quote name='SynGamer']So far reviewers have said roughly 20 hours to complete the main story if you rush through. It can take 40+ hours though if you complete all the side quests.[/quote]

Wow, that's a lot longer than I thought. I was expecting 10-15 hours.

[quote name='Ryukahn']Wow, that's a lot longer than I thought. I was expecting 10-15 hours.[/QUOTE]

Whenever someone tells me a time to beat a game I usually divide it in half. 10 hours seems about right.

Has anyone heard whether the game will run better on the 360 vs the PS3? I heard from someone that the two versions are pretty much the same, and if that's the case I'll pick up the game for the PS3 to lesser the chance of a RROD when I pick up Mass Effect.

[quote name='Duke Vandal']Has anyone heard whether the game will run better on the 360 vs the PS3? I heard from someone that the two versions are pretty much the same, and if that's the case I'll pick up the game for the PS3 to lesser the chance of a RROD when I pick up Mass Effect.[/QUOTE]

That's great, shows how fearful we are. I had that worry too, then I bought Mass Effect on Saturday. I already beat it so my worries are gone. Bring on AC!

Well, my 360 is just chugging away when i put any game into it now that streams. Waiting for the DVD drive to break, then hopefully an RRoD once i leave it on for like 8 hours straight. It's a 2005 model and i still have until May of 08 for parts to be replaced...

Like HELL if I am watching any reviews.

I can't believe they gave the story a 9.7 (I skipped to the score and didn't look at any video) ! That's crazy! I CANT WAIT!!!!

I really hope GS puts it out today. The guy said they may do a same day sale on it but don't know if they are still thinking of that.

Hate that ship date shit, just say the release date is the next day.

It's bogus because the game is repetitive having you do the exact same tasks over and over again? That's a major game killer for me right there.

So far 1up has the least biased review by far

I wouldn't call it bogus by any stretch, so far every other review out there has been nothing but 8-10s. 1UP (EGM) were also the most critical of it heading into launch.

A 7 is not enough for me not to purchase it, theres still plenty of 9/10s out there.

[quote name='Brian9824']It's bogus because the game is repetitive having you do the exact same tasks over and over again? That's a major game killer for me right there.[/quote] That was a negative listed in a review that gave it a 10/10. These reviews sure are "interesting".

well Gamestop got the silly WWE game in, hopefully Creed will be there today as well

eh Ive been waiting since it was announced to play it, one more day won't hurt, just hope its not like Gears and have to wait till the Thurs after Tuesday launch to play it

bread's done
Back