Assassin's Creed - Gen. Discussion & Info

Great concept. Playing POP with a goal of killing is an amazing idea. I love games set in the past but if the controls are complicated its just hard to play. Don't understand why you would run with the right stick in any game ever. Left side if for movement and thats the way it has been forever. Change is good but not when I"m so used to doing one thing for 15 years.

[quote name='NOXER']Most ignorant comment ever. I hope your copy goes to a more deserving customer that'll enjoy the game and that'll gain from your losses.[/quote]

Wow rofl wtf?

[quote name='DarkNessBear']They retracted their statements.

And you can tell by how uniformed they are by them saying, "You run with the right analog stick".

You run with the left. And I hope the controlls are hard to master. =)[/quote]

Where exactly are the statements retracted?

I have been looking forward to this game since I first saw the preview videos and first screenshots. However, as launch approaches there's been nothing but negativity virtually everywhere from earlier build impressions. The EGM article (NG II issue this month) is a little more positive than other recent bits I've read, but it still sounds like there are some glaring issues.

I hope the game is challenging, but I can't help but fear that this game is going to stink. Ubisoft is one of the best devs out there right now, and that alone is the only thing that is keeping my hopes just a little bit up.

Definitely glad I didn't pre-order it though, going to wait to read reviews and if that goes over well, I'll grab it Walmart on launch. If they stink, rental time.

It was a typo, they ment to say "you move with the Left Stick".

You don't move with the right.

guys, ignore DarkNessBear, he's just trolling

Oh, I forgot. Only in CAG is it "TROLLING" to talk highly of a game in its respective thread.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Oh, I forgot. Only in CAG is it "TROLLING" to talk highly of a game in its respective thread.[/QUOTE]
but when you go into a thread and say everybody doesnt like the game because they're all xbots that only play FPS, it is trolling

I just oreordered this. If anything, I'll make sure I see reviews before I open it and exchange or sell. I still think it looks awsome, but I'm not blind to the problems it has, ones that hopefully won't ruin the game.

Regardless of all the haters, I'll still be getting this. Hell Fumitsu gave it a 37/40, then again they also gave that to Halo so that doesn't say much. All the videos I've seen (which has been every one released) has made me want it more and more.

[quote name='Surferflames']Regardless of all the haters, I'll still be getting this. Hell Fumitsu gave it a 37/40, then again they also gave that to Halo so that doesn't say much. All the videos I've seen (which has been every one released) has made me want it more and more.[/quote]

Yea, that fact that Famitsu gave it a high score must mean something, and probably shows that the 1UP preview was pulled out of someones ass.

[quote name='method47']and probably shows that the 1UP preview was pulled out of someones ass.[/quote]\

Seems to be the case with a majority of 1up reviews.

[quote name='method47']Yea, that fact that Famitsu gave it a high score must mean something, and probably shows that the 1UP preview was pulled out of someones ass.[/quote]

Famitsu gave a game where you pet virtual fish a 10 so take it with a grain of salt.

[quote name='blackflag']Famitsu gave a game where you pet virtual fish a 10 so take it with a grain of salt.[/quote]

Lol, they gave Endless Ocean a 10? Crap, let me take back what I said.

But EGM is definetally not a news source to take very realisticly. They are always so late with everything.

[quote name='blackflag']Famitsu gave a game where you pet virtual fish a 10 so take it with a grain of salt.[/QUOTE]

You sound like a Shane Bettenhousen fan. I'll take a Famitsu score over a Shane "Sony fanboy" Bettenhousen review any day of the week.

... and yes, I'm looking forward to Endless Ocean. :)

from penny-arcade:

I don't think we're supposed to say anything about Assassin's Creed. Let me see if I can talk around it: I often get nervous when we work on a project for a title, because we need to make gut decisions about a piece of software when it is still more "process" than "product."

I am no longer nervous.

Thats pretty much a sell for me. I don't always enjoy what they enjoy, but at least those guys are grounded in the idea of whats good and bad. If they've had ample time with it to calm their fears of it being a turd, then fuck reviews, I don't need them. 59.99 gone.

[quote name='infamyRISE']
Thats pretty much a sell for me. I don't always enjoy what they enjoy, but at least those guys are grounded in the idea of whats good and bad. If they've had ample time with it to calm their fears of it being a turd, then fuck reviews, I don't need them. 59.99 gone.[/QUOTE]

Hmm...are you sure that's an implied thumbs up? Based on what Tycho wrote, it sounds like more of a comment on timing: that he's okay to write something about a game that's in actual product phase (8 days prior to release), rather than a game still being made or still an idea.

The quote refers to them putting their name on something before it's done. He says he may have been somewhate concerned at one point, but now that it's in the can he is no longer nervous about their decision to work on it.

Cool the penny Arcade thing gives me hope. Really I hope it is good because the premise sounds awesome. I already preordered cod4, mass effect and rock band......the wife is gonna kill me.

[quote name='Corvin']You sound like a Shane Bettenhousen fan. I'll take a Famitsu score over a Shane "Sony fanboy" Bettenhousen review any day of the week.

... and yes, I'm looking forward to Endless Ocean. :)[/quote]

I don't know who that is but a 10 for a virtual fish petting game? I'm sure it was deserved :)

[quote name='greydt']Hmm...are you sure that's an implied thumbs up? Based on what Tycho wrote, it sounds like more of a comment on timing: that he's okay to write something about a game that's in actual product phase (8 days prior to release), rather than a game still being made or still an idea.[/QUOTE]

The quote refers to them putting their name on something before it's done. He says he may have been somewhate concerned at one point, but now that it's in the can he is no longer nervous about their decision to work on it.

Its pretty common knowledge that Penny-Arcade doesn't work on or even advertise anything they do not think is or will be a solid game. I'm pretty sure he means the game is shaping up nicely.

[quote name='infamyRISE']from penny-arcade:

Thats pretty much a sell for me. I don't always enjoy what they enjoy, but at least those guys are grounded in the idea of whats good and bad. If they've had ample time with it to calm their fears of it being a turd, then fuck reviews, I don't need them. 59.99 gone.[/QUOTE]
You don't need reviews, but it was Tycho's review that pretty much sold it to you?

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']You don't need reviews, but it was Tycho's review that pretty much sold it to you?[/QUOTE]

That wasn't a review.He said literally two sentences about it, both of which I quoted in full. It was a positive impression.

If thats your idea of a review, then sure, I took Tycho's review. For me, a review is a little more in depth.

Hey. I havent posted in this thread yet but just wanted to share a few things.

First off, I really really loved prince of persia sands of time. Its one of the best games I've ever played, so it am really expecting alot from AC. I did not even know what Le Parkour meant and had to look it up. The le Parkour elments of Prince of Persia were as (or perhaps even more) enjoyable than the combat. Hopefully it will be even more improved from when PoP platformed with such fluid agility in Sands of Time.

The "social" elements of this game really interest me as well. I'm a huge fan of the Hitman games where you have to keep your cool around crowds. I think this will be even different than your usual suspicion meter stealth games.

Offtopic, I too think that "trolling" has an unusually broad definition on CAG; so I agree with whoever said that some posts ago.

[quote name='infamyRISE']That wasn't a review.He said literally two sentences about it, both of which I quoted in full. It was a positive impression.

If thats your idea of a review, then sure, I took Tycho's review. For me, a review is a little more in depth.[/QUOTE]
It still boils down to the fact that you claim people are being silly for listening to other people's opinions, but if you listen to Tycho's it's ok.

If anything it should be the opposite. As you said, all he did was say two sentences about it when places like EGM have given it multiple page articles that discuss their time with the game in detail.

[quote name='DomLando']So is the collector's edition for this game going to be worth the extra $10?[/quote]

I doubt it, but I'm still going to get it.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']It still boils down to the fact that you claim people are being silly for listening to other people's opinions, but if you listen to Tycho's it's ok.

If anything it should be the opposite. As you said, all he did was say two sentences about it when places like EGM have given it multiple page articles that discuss their time with the game in detail.[/QUOTE]

I think you're putting too much thought and time into this.

But I guess I'll entertain you. Why the hell would I give ANY mind to EGMs X-page write up when I generally don't agree or read with much they have to say. Also, I never ONCE claimed ANYONE was silly for listening to a review, or as you put it "other people's opinions". Thanks for putting those words in my mouth by the way. All I said is that a source from which I generally agree with has spoken of it in a positive light. I was already incredibly excited for the game (its been on my 'wishlist' for a while), and was curious like many if the rumored issues would hamper the title to the point at which I wouldn't spend 60 bucks on it.

So are we clear now? This is about MY purchase. I'VE decided that -I- am going to buy it. Don't make this out like I'm saying reviews are trash or anyone shouldn't listen to them. By all means. wait for the reviews and make yoru own decision if its the right game for you, I'm not knocking that.

I don't know why this is such an issue.

Calm down buddy, my opinion is far from serious business. I apologize for insinuating that you were knocking anyone's opinion. I was merely trying to get across that other people might hold EGM's opinion in the same light you hold Tycho's.

For the record, I don't like EGM either. I find their reviews to be full of shit about 70% of the time and I almost always disagree with them. That being said, I don't think it's wise to compeltely disregard what they have to say about the game. There are certain objective things that can be taken from their previews.

Again, sorry if I offended you.

Sounds good. I plan on at least renting the game when it comes out. I might buy it if I have enough money, but Mass Effect, Uncharted, Rock Band and the FFXI expansion all come out the week after.

[quote name='DomLando']So is the collector's edition for this game going to be worth the extra $10?[/QUOTE]
Not really, I was planning to get the regular version.

Although, I did buy the CoD4 CE, but couldnt resist at $55

[quote name='blackflag']I'm definitely not excited about this anymore. I watched a gameplay vid and like 20 guards attacked him one by one. They didn't help each other or attack him at once. It was like a bad movie cliche.

I'll have to wait for awhile to see what people think about it before I plop down 65 bones, but I hope they fixed it.[/quote]

Yeah; I had that same problem. It wasn't even disguised that well; my immediate thought was, "We outnumber you five to one...grunt #1, you attack! Everybody else: BOOGIE DOWN!"

After watching the trailer a couple times, though, I could kinda see why they did it. Granted, I'm not turning a blind eye to the problems, but I think it'll feel more claustrophobic in-game (they still deal SOME damage sometimes, and you're surrounded by seven of them, though you still have to fight their way out). Hopefully the group combat won't hold the game back much if my hopes aren't born out.

I also raised an eyebrow when nobody reacted that some guy dressed in a white robe jumped sixty feet from a tower into a bale of hay; but hey...if that guy had two swords strapped to his back, survived a sixty foot fall, and walked away without a second glance, I think most people in the marketplace'd be keen to avoid him.

I still think I'm going to pick this up on its release day; the game looks good enough to outweigh the problems, and I'm keen to get rid of Halo 3 for a new game before the trade-in value plummets. Looking forward to November 13th.

[quote name='DomLando']So is the collector's edition for this game going to be worth the extra $10?[/quote]
Hmmm, I dunno. I'm getting it. But I think it includes the ALTAIR action figure, and I want EVERY peice of Assassin Creed swag I can get. I'm still waiting for them to release the AC Faceplates. Gamestop said they had a couple but sold them.

Ugh, 7 more days is SO FAR AWAY! :cry:

[quote name='ananag112']http://gameinformer.com/NR/exeres/5A4BC70F-8959-4C67-BCFB-2E942E49B93A.htm?CS_pid=200232

GameInformer gives it a 9.5/10. Looks VERY good[/QUOTE]
Thank God it turned out well. I was going to buy it even if it got mediocre scores, but it being a great game is FANTASTIC news.

Guess EGM was wrong.

EDIT: Read the beginning of the review that says there's a twist at the very beginning. I'm definitely avoiding any and all news about this game until I play it so that doesn't get spoiled.

[quote name='whoknows']Thank God it turned out well. I was going to buy it even if it got mediocre scores, but it being a great game is FANTASTIC news.

Guess EGM was wrong.

EDIT: Read the beginning of the review that says there's a twist at the very beginning. I'm definitely avoiding any and all news about this game until I play it so that doesn't get spoiled.[/QUOTE]

What did EGM say about the game?

[quote name='ananag112']What did EGM say about the game?[/QUOTE]
They were just complaining about it in general. They said it was the game they were most worried about. In the last issue they had an article with complaints about it.

[quote name='whoknows']They were just complaining about it in general. They said it was the game they were most worried about. In the last issue they had an article with complaints about it.[/QUOTE]

I haven't got EGM since the Halo 3 episode (the one with Arbiter on the cover). Thanks for the info.

[quote name='whoknows']Thank God it turned out well. I was going to buy it even if it got mediocre scores, but it being a great game is FANTASTIC news.

Guess EGM was wrong.

EDIT: Read the beginning of the review that says there's a twist at the very beginning. I'm definitely avoiding any and all news about this game until I play it so that doesn't get spoiled.[/QUOTE]
Yeah but just because Game Informer said it is good really doesn't mean anything. I mean it's Game Informer...

[quote name='DomLando']Yeah but just because Game Informer said it is good really doesn't mean anything. I mean it's Game Informer...[/QUOTE]
I like their reviews A LOT better than EGM's though. With GI they talk about the game, why it's good/bad, and the review is a pretty good size with the second opinion being fairly short while in EGM the reviews are just the 3 reviewers writing a few sentences and disagreeing with eachother. They hardly give you any info about the game they're reviewing.

[quote name='whoknows']I like their reviews A LOT better than EGM's though. With GI they talk about the game, why it's good/bad, and the review is a pretty good size with the second opinion being fairly short while in EGM the reviews are just the 3 reviewers writing a few sentences and disagreeing with eachother. They hardly give you any info about the game they're reviewing.[/QUOTE]
I agree with GI being better than EGM but I still don't think there reviews are written that well. I still hope this game will be good though. I guess we will be able to tell as more reviews come in. But basing it on one review isn't alsways the best idea.

[quote name='DomLando']Yeah but just because Game Informer said it is good really doesn't mean anything. I mean it's Game Informer...[/QUOTE]

I've never bothered reading GI but I find it a conflict of interest that a company trying to sell you games (in essence) reviews them. That sends up a red flag for me.

[quote name='whoknows']They were just complaining about it in general. They said it was the game they were most worried about. In the last issue they had an article with complaints about it.[/QUOTE]

I think you're over-simplifying it a bit. EGM had concerns after a convention presentation of the game, Ubi took them through a later build, and EGM came back with things they thought were improved and what parts of it they still had concerns about. It wasn't exactly a bash-fest like you're making it out to be.

However, you saying "Well I want this game to be awesome so I'll take whatever good scores they give " kinda makes me wonder how objective you are in the first place :)

[quote name='greydt']I think you're over-simplifying it a bit. EGM had concerns after a convention presentation of the game, Ubi took them through a later build, and EGM came back with things they thought were improved and what parts of it they still had concerns about. It wasn't exactly a bash-fest like you're making it out to be.

However, you saying "Well I want this game to be awesome so I'll take whatever good scores they give " kinda makes me wonder how objective you are in the first place :)[/QUOTE]
They were complaining a lot, but to be fair yes, they did explain what they were complaining about.

Still, as they said they only played the first two levels of an unfinished game.

I have no reason to want this game to turn out badly so Im hoping it turns out great. Nothing wrong with that.

Guess EGM was wrong.

EDIT: Read the beginning of the review that says there's a twist at the very beginning. I'm definitely avoiding any and all news about this game until I play it so that doesn't get spoiled.[/quote]

*Hops around happy*

Go AC go! I've been waiting for this game for so long, I hope its amazing.

And I to have gone media shut out from AC news/videos for the past couple months. I don't want any hints to what the story is!

It's sad that GH3 got a Midnight release at Gamestop but not Assassins Creed... :cry:

bread's done
Back